Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munko
Jan 14, 2006
Uh Huh

Overtaking a Lambo in a Renault Twingo. It can actually turn as well without under/oversteering into a field. Time to upset a few of my friends by beating their times in a Twingo me thinks. May add it to the SAEG garage after I've finished with the setup, just wish I was any good at decal work. It has a stripe on it and that's about as far as my patience would allow me to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
:unsmith:

I've been looking for new vinyls to make anyway, so that request came in at the perfect time.

Plus I totally half-assed that S on there. Just could not figure that loving thing out.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

ANAmal.net posted:

:unsmith:

I've been looking for new vinyls to make anyway, so that request came in at the perfect time.

Plus I totally half-assed that S on there. Just could not figure that loving thing out.

After you've been making liveries for a while you will grow to hate the letter S with a burning passion.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

ChocNitty posted:

That would be awesome to have a movie car only race. The delorean, kitt, herbie, general lee.

I support this idea. I wish there was a classic VW Bug to make a Herbie. Also, the Trans Am that's in the game right now doesn't make a great K.I.T.T., sadly.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I'm spending a lot more time in the paint shop than i did in F3, this took me longer than it should have and is a work in progress:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Seriously some of the gift cars are stupidly modified, yeah sure i'll take a mclaren f1 with a bunch of power upgrades but no tyre/suspension/brake ones.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Idiot race posted:

Seriously some of the gift cars are stupidly modified, yeah sure i'll take a mclaren f1 with a bunch of power upgrades but no tyre/suspension/brake ones.

Once I get enough cash I'm selling a lot of them. I hate having pre-tuned cars.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Idiot race posted:

The sad thing is most pubbies you might race against (if you were ever that desperate for online racing) tune their cars exactly like that, because of the idiot mentality that more horsepower = better than.

Ziploc posted:

Once I get enough cash I'm selling a lot of them. I hate having pre-tuned cars.

That's pointless, just undo the upgrades so they're stock and fix them up properly when you have affinity level 4 and can upgrade them yourself for free.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I fupping love the 458

Also, why is Silverstone out of date? I wanted the new layout

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

BlazeKinser posted:

The sad thing is most pubbies you might race against (if you were ever that desperate for online racing) tune their cars exactly like that, because of the idiot mentality that more horsepower = better than.

It's way easier for a pubbie to utilize MOAR POWAAAA than the 0.08G upgrade in grip.

BlazeKinser posted:

That's pointless, just undo the upgrades so they're stock and fix them up properly when you have affinity level 4 and can upgrade them yourself for free.

You make a good point.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
More F1 liveried car fun

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

BlazeKinser posted:

This is what i've been doing, also thanks to rivals and SAEG racing most of the cars that i've won already have affinity level 4

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Brainwrong posted:

More F1 liveried car fun

Thats not a caterham mate.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Ziploc posted:

It's way easier for a pubbie to utilize MOAR POWAAAA than the 0.08G upgrade in grip.
Good point, most public lobbies seem to have cosmetic damage and no collisions permanently on anyway so I guess it is more important to have hellaflush 21" rimz and enough horsepower to snap the rear axle in real life.

Thank god for the car clubs so I never have to deal with pubbies again.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
Sent a request for GISH today, GT: Flerps

Also, has anyone else had their sound crackle at times? I'm not sure what's causing it, and it's only while racing.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
It's fire from your exhaust.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Idiot race posted:

Thats not a caterham mate.

No, it's a Lotus and not a Renault.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

We have the equivalent of the LLJK goon bus (B class HUMMER) in the SAEG garage now due to popular demand. I'll stick a livery on it for us later on.

Don't worry we still race, it's fun for games of virus though.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Wait, cars you get from driver level awards are pre-tuned?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
I decided that since my rusty decals were selling so well, I'd make a rat look rabbit to sell on the storefront.

Now I all I have to do is copy the same layers over to some BMW's, other VWs, ect untill I have 18 to sell, then I can fund my lavish car buying easier.

edit: bigshot https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/bigrabbit.jpg?w=9ed63b1e

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 16, 2011

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
How do I remove a car from a car group?

EDIT: Not club, group.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Are the forza servers still down for anyone else?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Quabzor posted:

Are the forza servers still down for anyone else?

Very slow/buggy for me.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Brace posted:

Wait, cars you get from driver level awards are pre-tuned?

Most of them are tuned (badly) to the top of their respective class.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Idiot race posted:

Depends on if the car is crap to begin with. Cars like the 190E and Lancia Stradale are already really good, so when they are auto upgraded, they became amazing. I just swapped some parts around and I'm setting top 5% times with them.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Can I paint the roof on my Morgan? I want to rep 3rd Street in class but that white roof has got to go.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I'm curious: why is there no "stock settings" difficulty for things like ABS and traction control? Realistically, no one's going to drive a recently-built 600HP supercar in real life without those systems except for fun, but at the same time, it's a pain to switch those settings for cars that do not have them in real life (my Boss 429, any TVR, etc.) Similarly, why is there even an option to use manual w/clutch on a car that has only paddle shifters in real life?

I get that some people might want to do it for an extra challenge, but on the other hand, I don't exactly feel bad for using TCS and ABS on cars that certainly have them.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Bentai posted:

I'm gonna need your gamertag so I can send you the plate. It's not going to be spot on perfect, but I think it's fairly close. :D

TrampolineBear

thanks!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Well I've done it, I've gotten the best LLJK Top Gear R8 Le Mans rank. Something I'm surely to hold on to for a very long time!

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Idiot race posted:

So what is a babby that doesn't know how to actually tune up cars supposed to do about this? Does the quick upgrade option also do this (bad) tuning to get the car to the top of the class?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
The quick upgrade is the exact same thing, you're best off just fiddling around to see what the car needs. As stated earlier in this thread somewhere it's often best to start with weight and tires as you usually get gains in every category however YMMV.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You don't have to tune anything. Just get sports parts that don't require tuning. Drive the car stock around whatever track you want to test on. Does the car feel too slow? Add more power. Is the car sliding all over the place? Suspension and tires (don't forget about roll bars). Multiple parts can affect one aspect of the car (suspension, tires, roll bars, camber and others all affect how well you can corner). So learn how to tune one part, and use that. Start learning how to tune other parts.

I've been playing Forza since 3 came out and I'm just now figuring out how to do things. I've got camber and roll bars down, I'm figuring out caster. I still have no idea what to do for suspension. I gave up on transmission gearing, the only point of that is setting up a car for one track, and I don't bother with multiple tunes. Just keep messing with things and see what works.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Captain Hair posted:

I decided that since my rusty decals were selling so well, I'd make a rat look rabbit to sell on the storefront.

Now I all I have to do is copy the same layers over to some BMW's, other VWs, ect untill I have 18 to sell, then I can fund my lavish car buying easier.

That's pretty nice!
I had a dumpy multi-colored brown-spattered rabbit design in 3 that sold pretty well until it went off the market for "review," probably because I had "CHUG PISS" written in neon green on the back. Yours is better though.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

Brace posted:

So what is a babby that doesn't know how to actually tune up cars supposed to do about this?

Go to storefront and buy a tune setup? That is what I do anyway since there are free ones that are decent for basically any car.

Guntrip
Mar 14, 2006

Flops posted:

Also, has anyone else had their sound crackle at times? I'm not sure what's causing it, and it's only while racing.
Are you using optical for audio? I'm getting the same thing - pops/clicks that sound like an analogue connection being twisted or something, but I'm using HDMI for video and optical for audio. I need to test it out set up differently to see if it still happens.

A few pages back sativa dreams said he was getting the same, and it seems to have been reported elsewhere. I didn't know about the hard disk install thing that guy mentioned (I never noticed it at all on F3). Hopefully they fix it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

You don't have to tune anything. Just get sports parts that don't require tuning. Drive the car stock around whatever track you want to test on. Does the car feel too slow? Add more power. Is the car sliding all over the place? Suspension and tires (don't forget about roll bars). Multiple parts can affect one aspect of the car (suspension, tires, roll bars, camber and others all affect how well you can corner). So learn how to tune one part, and use that. Start learning how to tune other parts.

I've been playing Forza since 3 came out and I'm just now figuring out how to do things. I've got camber and roll bars down, I'm figuring out caster. I still have no idea what to do for suspension. I gave up on transmission gearing, the only point of that is setting up a car for one track, and I don't bother with multiple tunes. Just keep messing with things and see what works.

The setup spreadsheet is a good place to start with springs and dampers, also it has a gear spreader thing that seems to work well for me.

To be fair you are right about most of the lower class prize cars being allright, its just me being fussy.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

Guntrip posted:

Are you using optical for audio? I'm getting the same thing - pops/clicks that sound like an analogue connection being twisted or something, but I'm using HDMI for video and optical for audio. I need to test it out set up differently to see if it still happens.

A few pages back sativa dreams said he was getting the same, and it seems to have been reported elsewhere. I didn't know about the hard disk install thing that guy mentioned (I never noticed it at all on F3). Hopefully they fix it.

I'd put money on it being fire from the exhaust.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Captain Hair posted:

That's awesome, I was thinking about rusting up some cars. I'll be sure to pay your storefront a visit.

SAEG, I present to you our version of the LLJK Fun Bus. This is the SAEG Fun Enforcement Unit.

Guntrip
Mar 14, 2006

General Probe posted:

I'd put money on it being fire from the exhaust.
It doesn't sound at all like the exhaust flameouts, and those seem to come from the rear channels (logical, I guess) whereas the cracking sound comes from all the channels. It also happens on the low class cars which never flameout anyway.

It sounds like headphones sometimes do when you turn the audio jack around in the socket while listening to music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Captain Hair posted:

I'll be buying this; it looks fantastic. Also, gently caress your Reasonably Priced Car Challenge time. I think I've maxed out what I can do with a controller and you have me by something like .4 seconds or something.

• Locked thread