Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

Minimaul posted:

The more you use it the better you get. Start with slower cars and work your way up. Smooth inputs is always the most important thing you can do/learn.
I'm aware, I've played Forza since its first game's inception, several other series along the way, have a wheel I could hook up that seems best suited for it, and have several years of open-track and autocross under my belt. I'll just fart around with the deadzone settings a bit, it may be that it's too high, so by the time the wheel starts to turn, I'm already cranked too far over on the thumbstick.

Revolvyerom fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Revolvyerom posted:

I'm aware, I've played Forza since it's first game's inception, several other series along the way, have a wheel I could hook up that seems best suited for it, and have several years of open-track and autocross under my belt. I'll just fart around with the deadzone settings a bit, it may be that it's too high, so by the time the wheel starts to turn, I'm already cranked too far over on the thumbstick.

I have had no need to screw around with the advanced settings for the controller in Forza. Maybe try another controller with your XBox, the controller you are currently using might be faulty or wearing out.

brenkelieshere
Mar 10, 2007
Not sure if it's full or what, but I sent a request to join LLJK, GT: WrappedInGrey.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

alr posted:

You'll rake in the cash if you cheese it a bit. Pick an event - probably a hotlap or track day - then set a time until you're chasing 50k bounties. 2 minute lap, and just ease up on the throttle when you're close to finishing so you only beat them by ~half a second or so. Load up the next guy as a bounty, etc.

I made around 1.5 mil in an hour on the Nurburgring GP course track day event by chasing 100/150k bounties, the cash just flows. You also get credits/exp for the time you were out on the track, so if it took you 4 laps to beat a time, you get 4 laps worth of rewards on top of the bounty.
Wow, was that for the R3 Nurburgring circuit event (first of the two)? I'm still doing 50k bounties there. What's your time so far? I'm doing 2:01 on that thing and can't get any better yet.
I had some trouble with a selection of cars when trying to beat this ghost Zonda, so I think I have to change it up.
I was first doing pretty well with a TVR Speed 12, then a suped up Audi S5 from my garage, and ultimately I was solely using my garage's RUF (whatever V8 model).

I had to pick up a Zonda as well, as I'm finding it's impossible to maintain enough speed in turns, despite some tuning. I'll try to see if I can steal more spots on the boards :). Also I don't yet own a Ferrari I'm convinced would be competitive, but that would work well too.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

For anyone who's never done it, here's car soccer in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKMoD5fe-LY

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Teeter posted:

For anyone who's never done it, here's car soccer in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKMoD5fe-LY

Not enough Hummers.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Also for whatever reason the reverse on a hummer can push a hummer going forward out of the way, albeit slowly, but it will work. Slowly.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is there a way to zoom in really close when working on a vinyl group? I'm making a license plate but it's tough to do the detail work on the logo.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

AFewBricksShy posted:

Is there a way to zoom in really close when working on a vinyl group? I'm making a license plate but it's tough to do the detail work on the logo.

R3 will cycle thru 3 zoom settings.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

SnowWolf
Nov 20, 2005
Some silky smooth drifting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6lRd-MqKvk

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So, I was bored and decided to try my hand at designing a car. I'm about halfway done with this Harlequin Golf. Still have to do the other side and then tweak some edges and corners.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Are there no endurance races? I know they weren't popular but they seemed more or less a permanent staple

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

She's not the fastest out there but sure is fun to drive. I'm decent with the vinyl editor but it's incredible to be able to save a lot of effort by finding stuff like this on the storefront. 6000 credits for a tampax logo, what a steal!

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
I traded darksouls for this, it was good decision.

Is there a way to play with goons without joining a garage? I'm already in one run by a friend of mine.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Samswing posted:

Are there no endurance races? I know they weren't popular but they seemed more or less a permanent staple

No there aren't and I'm so loving glad for it. Also returning to the theme of Rivals, I always pick the fastest dirty lap and then just sound out the track for what ever rivals event your doing, just make sure you lap is clean. Then when you're more serious about it, you should already be in the top 50% but very near the bottom, and can easily score huge cash bounties.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ChocNitty posted:

Is there some super secret method of making liveries in this game because I seriously can't believe anyone is so hilariously good at making images out of basic fuckin shapes.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

semper wifi posted:

I traded darksouls for this, it was good decision.

Is there a way to play with goons without joining a garage? I'm already in one run by a friend of mine.

Send me a friend request (humpdumper) and I will send you an annoying number of invites to the LLJK lobbies any time I'm online.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

Coxswain Balls posted:

only downside is I can't really play using manual + clutch any more, but I can deal with that for what it adds to the experience
Main menu-->Profile-->Controller-->Swap Clutch and Handbrake if you never use the handbrake. Mash AB and AX to shift, the game isn't too picky about timing so long as they happen relatively together. Or use it with the paddle-shift if you can manage it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

ChocNitty posted:

How the hell did you manage this, and how long did it take you? It took me half an hour to add some lovely Italian flag stripes and a pretty average looking car number box to my Mito!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

gently caress you guys and your fancy liveries, it's all about simplicity.

Still not done, I got a shitton of layers from a guy who made a Hulkamania livery for the Ram SRT10 and he gave me permission to do one for my GTX. This car is going to run wild all over C Class and do it with pure American style :v:

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

T1g4h posted:

gently caress you guys and your fancy liveries, it's all about simplicity.

Still not done, I got a shitton of layers from a guy who made a Hulkamania livery for the Ram SRT10 and he gave me permission to do one for my GTX. This car is going to run wild all over C Class and do it with pure American style :v:

You should make a a Ric Flair themed car too, and see if you can trick TNA Wrestling into giving you sponsorship money.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Some really enjoyable SAEG races last night. Especially the last one with the monster A600 Volvo 242.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I bloody love my Nascar even if it pains me to say so. It dominates in R3 races

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
SAEG seems to be standing at 39 members right now, so I would love to get an invite. I sent a message through Xbox Live to the club leader, but have had no luck in getting a reply, so here's another go at it. My gt is Artieficial. Thank you! :)

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.

biglads posted:

Some really enjoyable SAEG races last night. Especially the last one with the monster A600 Volvo 242.

God, yes. Whose was that? The thought of an entire field of those things in one race fills me with terror and awe.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Sorry about bailing so soon on you guys last night. I'm on-call and of course I got called in during the middle of the epic full course Fujimi race.
That pissed me off so much too because I was having an epic battle with someone (in a white car??) with my blue WRX. Whoever it was, sorry for bumping you so much. :3:

Oh, I'm ROOMBA floorvac btw.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Haak posted:

God, yes. Whose was that? The thought of an entire field of those things in one race fills me with terror and awe.

It's mine :3: and is shared in the club garage.

"Hahaha, Volvo"

"Holy poo poo look at that fucker go!"

:sweden:

biglads fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 20, 2011

maximadigital
Jul 24, 2008

semi-iconic
I managed to replace my dead Xbox *and* get my hands on a transfer cable, which means I'm finally eligible for an SAEG invite. GT: maximadigital

Thanks in advance!

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I sold my playstation and GT5 to fund a cheap used Xbox 360, forza wins the prize.

Love forza, but i think GT is still the only series to have the iron-block 93-97 Z28 camaro, which is my actual car. Sadly forza (and the rest of the world) really forgot about the first decent Fuel injected small block of the post-smog era. :(

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Samswing posted:

You can fake it with online races. You can create a private race on any track with up to 11 AI drivers, up to 50 laps, with any track, class restriction, etc.

Alex Earl Cash
Feb 21, 2011
Speaking of endurance races. How log is a typical goon race on average?
I'm not to fond oft the rather short 3 rounds/10 minutes races, as they advocate aggressive driving to much.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
I asked this a few pages back, but I guess it wasn't colorful enough, or it was a stupid question, so I'll risk asking it again. I'd like to race online, but I'm having problems concentrating on my line with other cars on the track. I'd rather not be "that guy" who runs into everyone or takes up the whole track :(. It's very easy for me to do a good hot lap by myself, but throw in any amount of cars, and I suddenly go wide and off the course. Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this? I'm pretty sure it's just a mindset thing, but I've been playing this game since Forza 2 came out, and it's not getting much better. Maybe I'm just hopeless? Any advice?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

YarPirate posted:

I asked this a few pages back, but I guess it wasn't colorful enough, or it was a stupid question, so I'll risk asking it again. I'd like to race online, but I'm having problems concentrating on my line with other cars on the track. I'd rather not be "that guy" who runs into everyone or takes up the whole track :(. It's very easy for me to do a good hot lap by myself, but throw in any amount of cars, and I suddenly go wide and off the course. Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this? I'm pretty sure it's just a mindset thing, but I've been playing this game since Forza 2 came out, and it's not getting much better. Maybe I'm just hopeless? Any advice?

Play online and get yelled at by goons until you get better. Swim by jumping into the deep end and whatnot.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
Sent another request to join LLJK, GT FraserCDN.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
So I can never seem to get that "perfect turn" meter all the way up. I usually get it to 3/4 blocks and rarely get it to 4/4.

Does that mean that I did the first 3/4 of the corner correctly but hosed up the last one. Or could it mean anything, like I came into the corner wrong but corrected myself, or missed the apex or something?

I have no idea how those little meters work.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Asmodai_00 posted:

Play online and get yelled at by goons until you get better. Swim by jumping into the deep end and whatnot.

Pretty much this, as long as you apologize when you bump into someone and don't get overly defensive or anything, most folks won't make that big a deal out of it. Goon racing isn't always zany Hummer racing, but it is by and large a lot more relaxed than most online groups are.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

BlazeKinser posted:

Pretty much this, as long as you apologize when you bump into someone and don't get overly defensive or anything, most folks won't make that big a deal out of it. Goon racing isn't always zany Hummer racing, but it is by and large a lot more relaxed than most online groups are.

Okay, that's a relief. I know for a fact I'm probably going to be the slowest one out there, so if I do end up racing with you guys, I'll try to get out da way. Thanks. :)

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

YarPirate posted:

I'm the same way - if I don't really watch myself, I'll sideswipe any fucker on the road. I compensate by being overly conservative in the first lap; braking really early, hanging at the back of the pack and letting anyone pass me by. Eventually, things settle down and I can let go a little more without wiping anyone else out. Usually, I'll get up to third or second just from calmyl passing the really agressive guys.
Against pubbies though, no mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
What can I do to make cars in this game feel less like I'm driving on ice besides installing grippier and wider tires?

• Locked thread