Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Cojawfee posted:

You can flip things on the x axis. Paste your group onto the side of a car, go to the other side and press A and select "insert from other side" and it will import everything from the other side but mirrored. Might work on the Y axis if you rotate it first.

That's true, but I do most of my work in the vinyl editor, not on the car itself. That "insert from other side" thing is useful for lining up racing stripes and stuff, but if you want to only draw half of something and then flip it it's sort of clunky to save it, close the vinyl editor, open a car, paste it on, switch sides, paste it again, save the group again, re-open your vinyl group, and paste in the layers you just saved. It works, sure, but I wish you could just select layers and hit "flip horizontal" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy scum
Jul 7, 2003

General Probe posted:

Did you make a livery that consists solely of the word 'oval office' or something?

I wish, some cock hacked my live account. According to the costumer rep., I won't be able to use the account while they investigate or some such. (:argh:)

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Sorry, how do I go about joining LLJK? Is there any room? Also I know there was a spreadsheet a few pages back but I can't find it anymore :(

GT: crazycroat21

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

DrankSinatra posted:

Sorry, I couldn't find it browsing the thread, but what exactly do the steering assists do? I'm using the MS force feedback wheel, and I just noticed I had them on for the first few races I did. Does the game ignore that setting with the wheel (like the way FM 3 changed the steering assists internally when you had the wheel connected?) or have I been playing 'wrong' so far?

Heck is it even meant to be turned off with the MS wheel (e.g. is it meant to be turned off on Fanatech wheels?)

With a wheel, the assist will help you catch a slide by preventing you from over correcting. If you turn it to simulation, you won't notice a difference until the rear end gets loose, then you'll probably over correct a couple of times and spin the car. Give it a shot. It's awesome.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Brownie posted:

Sorry, how do I go about joining LLJK? Is there any room? Also I know there was a spreadsheet a few pages back but I can't find it anymore :(

GT: crazycroat21

Send a request.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Word from Fanetec on the no-credit issue with the wheels:
http://911wheel.de/?q=node/6992

quote:

Fanatec wheels are too good to be true?

Thanks to the great feedback. Because of your feedback we have been able to reproduce it. It always happens if you do an extreme clean lap without any countersteering. The most easy way to reproduce it is on an oval.

Special thanks to our members FakeThinkpad and kartman21 who detected the solution.

What happens? The Fanatec wheels allow minimal movements of the steering wheel and extreme precise manouvers so that the game apparantly thinks that the user must be cheating as this cannot be achieved by a human.

The better you drive the more often it happens. It is independent from the steering angle but a clean lap is more likely if you use higher sensitivity like 900°. In theory it can happen with a controller or other wheel as well but so far I was not able to proof that because it is hard for me to drive clean without our wheels. ;)

Solution:

1. Make sure that you make at least one drift with countersteering per race

2. Reduce your steering angle to 270° to emulate the MS wheel which makes it harder to drive clean but avoids the issue more likely.

Of course, T10 is working on a patch to solve this issue but it takes time until those things go through all internal testing so please be a little bit patient.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I've never had the bug, but then I tend to have a little opposite-lock every now and then. :v:

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I've always said those pro laptimes, 4 seconds faster than anybody else, had to be cheating.

sdot
Jan 21, 2005

Almost Heaven
I sent a request to lljk. I think I got purged by accident but my name is on the list.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

:siren: SAEG MEMBERS! I'm about to put up a google document in the private thread where we can claim a racing number, go check the thread and get your number listed. In hindsight we probably should have done this at the start so don't throw a hissy fit if you pick a number and an older member of the club already has it and wants to keep it, just move on and pick another number :siren:

I remember there was a fair amount of arguing when we did this with Forza 3 so good luck!

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I noticed today that the bollards at the Nurburgring seem to be made out of the world's most reflective plastic

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Forza 4 have the 24 hour configuration of the ring?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Brainwrong posted:

I noticed today that the bollards at the Nurburgring seem to be made out of the world's most reflective plastic

Better stay away from that. Looks like it could burn a hole though your car.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Does Forza 4 have the 24 hour configuration of the ring?

Nope.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Minimaul posted:

That's great that this will be sorted out for everyone. Turn10 seem to be pretty actively working on fixing stuff quickly with this release.

But, the cynic in me ... oh dear ... that sounds like the most blow-smoke-up-your-rear end news I've ever heard. "Listen guys - Just tell them they are TOO GOOD for the game, that will buy us some time." I know there is nothing actually sinister there, just struck me as amusing.

In other news, chocolate rations are going UP to 25 grams this week.

Jarf posted:

Better stay away from that. Looks like it could burn a hole though your car.

Yeah - looks like one of those Happy Fun Bollards. Make sure not to taunt it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minimaul posted:

Nope.

I like that version in GT5. :(

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly

pvax posted:

That's great that this will be sorted out for everyone. Turn10 seem to be pretty actively working on fixing stuff quickly with this release.

But, the cynic in me ... oh dear ... that sounds like the most blow-smoke-up-your-rear end news I've ever heard. "Listen guys - Just tell them they are TOO GOOD for the game, that will buy us some time." I know there is nothing actually sinister there, just struck me as amusing.

In other news, chocolate rations are going UP to 25 grams this week.

Yeah - looks like one of those Happy Fun Bollards. Make sure not to taunt it.

Hah - I'm too poo poo at this game, even with the Fanatec wheel <3! I LOVE THIS!
I do more or less always have some snap-backs due to a bit of oversteer, tho.

By the way, what's the greatness of 900 degrees wheel movement? I'm running 700 degrees at the moment, which feels really great. 900 just felt like WAY too much movement for me. Am I doing something wrong?

In other news - any of you running tuning-services? I really need it for most of my cars, seeing as I'm poo poo at tuning myself, and getting dusted by everyone and their dead grandmother because of it (or the fact that I suck at driving, but I'm pretty sure I'm at least decent ...).

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is it just me or is the difficulty in the World Tour mode significantly higher than if you just do individual events? I usually set the difficulty fairly low because there's no pre-race qualification in this game so I can't mess with the settings before every track (and wouldn't do so even if given the chance because all the races are like 5 laps/who cares)

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Women LOL!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is the one in the middle going to commit suicide? :stare:

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

edit: nvm found the thread.

I have to say, i am happy that amazon.de stocked so much limited edition copies. Got mine in the mail today.

DONT TOUCH THE PC fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 21, 2011

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Minimaul posted:

Aha, that explains why it only happens to me on some tracks.

What the hell cheating device is the game 'detecting' and stopping you benefitting from? A homemade Forzaplaying Robot or something?

Cuz that's a lot easier to build than just being good at driving. :thumbsup:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So people who drive like babies and never get oversteer didn't get any money? I see no problem with that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Smooth is fast.

Munko
Jan 14, 2006
Uh Huh
My first paintjob that isn't a stripe. Quite happy with how it turned out, despite taking up my entire day off...

Now I just need to tune it so that it isn't afraid of corners anymore :buddy:

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Now people are just randomly getting gifted 999,999,999 cr from the Auction House.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4916685.aspx

also :smuggo: for being so smooth on my wheel I get no credits for races.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
My '71 GTR in the LLJK club garage is such an rear end happy piece of poo poo but I love it so much :allears: I'm really torn between keeping it the way it is or making it actually handle like the wheels weren't mounted sideways.

Nobody else drives it though so I'll pull it out of the garage tonight to make room for others.

Is there a way to do drag club events? I want to make a ridiculous drag car, but if there is nobody to race against then there's kind of no point.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 21, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh man I need a wingless E190 Evo IRL:

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

BlackLaser posted:

Now people are just randomly getting gifted 999,999,999 cr from the Auction House.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4916685.aspx

also :smuggo: for being so smooth on my wheel I get no credits for races.

Looks like it's part of the daily credit bonus you get for logging into the community screen.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Pees With Boner posted:

Is it just me or is the difficulty in the World Tour mode significantly higher than if you just do individual events? I usually set the difficulty fairly low because there's no pre-race qualification in this game so I can't mess with the settings before every track (and wouldn't do so even if given the chance because all the races are like 5 laps/who cares)
Last night I wanted to try out the Peugeot 107, something ridiculous like F107 stock, but decided to get affinity level 4 so I wouldn't have to pay for parts. Went into the event list and picked and F-Class event. I raced 4-5 tracks. All the other cars were in the F195-F200 range. I was routinely 10-12 seconds faster per lap than the other cars. Seems like when in career mode the AI is a bit faster. I'm not that great of a driver as many people I've played with online can attest, but I can follow the correct line with an F-Class car.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

The AI in World Tour has dynamic difficulty that you cannot change.

In the event list (or anywhere else) - you can specify what difficulty the AI runs at. They even added a new mode that sits in between the old medium and hard which is nice.

That said, I do think you can choose to allow AI to upgrade to top of class and choose to enable/disable PI restrictions. It's in one of the menus somewhere (or is that option for event list only too?).

pvax fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 21, 2011

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

pvax posted:

The AI in World Tour has dynamic difficulty that you cannot change.

In the event list (or anywhere else) - you can specify what difficulty the AI runs at. They even added a new mode that sits in between the old medium and hard which is nice.

That said, I do think you can choose to allow AI to upgrade to top of class and choose to enable/disable PI restrictions. It's in one of the menus somewhere (or is that option for event list only too?).

Is there any way to find out what the AI in career mode is racing at in terms of difficulty, even though you can't change it? I'd love to find my optimal enjoyment / difficulty boundary for event mode.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

YarPirate posted:

Is there any way to find out what the AI in career mode is racing at in terms of difficulty, even though you can't change it? I'd love to find my optimal enjoyment / difficulty boundary for event mode.
Why not just repeat an event you like on various difficulty settings and find out that way? There are only four levels to choose from, and by starting at medium you can rule out at least one right off the bat. Ultimately you'll probably end up switching between two levels anyway (unless you're that good... or bad), depending on how well you know a certain car and/or track.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

SirViver posted:

Why not just repeat an event you like on various difficulty settings and find out that way? There are only four levels to choose from, and by starting at medium you can rule out at least one right off the bat. Ultimately you'll probably end up switching between two levels anyway (unless you're that good... or bad), depending on how well you know a certain car and/or track.

Not a bad idea. I was curious as to whether the AI cars were on some sort of middle-ground between the difficulties that were listed, but your idea makes perfect sense and, in retrospect, kind of bothers me that I didn't think of it before, haha. Thanks!

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

YarPirate posted:

I was curious as to whether the AI cars were on some sort of middle-ground between the difficulties that were listed
According to this they do, in fact, have "more than 20 different AI difficulty levels" internally. In theory World Tour mode can be better adjusted to your skill level, though honestly, unless you're regularly beating hard AI you're probably not going to put in consistent enough lap times for a 1/20th difficulty adjustment to make any kind of appreciable difference v:shobon:v

NVaderJ
Oct 27, 2003

OH YEAH? I'M FROM DETROIT(s suburbs)!
Pretty interesting article, really. In Forza 3, AI difficulty was adjusted by reducing their power. In Forza 4, AI difficulty is adjusted by changing the drivers' confidence in turns.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NVaderJ posted:

Pretty interesting article, really. In Forza 3, AI difficulty was adjusted by reducing their power. In Forza 4, AI difficulty is adjusted by changing the drivers' confidence in turns.

They did that in FM3 too. Easy AI would slam on the brakes for corners just like they do in FM4. But they also had a HP penalty.

I don't remember how they behaved in FM2, but I'm going to assume it was mostly the same.

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly
Am I the only one finding cluthing absurd in the cars with dsg's / other kinds of robotic manuals / automatics?

I've got the Fanatec CSR pedals, but I'm pretty drat sure it's still ALOT faster clutching on the controller contra wheel / pedals. A buttonpress takes far less time than stamping on the clutch.

It just sucks that I'm more or less sure I'm losing out on some rival-stuff because of the silly clutch-implementation. Wish they just had them at LEAST shift as fast without as with in the cars that actually got no manual option (HI FERRARI 458).

/angryrant over

Anyone else having issues with "due to network probems, unable to connect to the other players system at this time"?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

NVaderJ posted:

This makes for really, really annoying passing at times though. Not to mention they follow the braking lines entirely, which makes for heavy braking at the start of the winding section of The Alps for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

PopeOnARope posted:

This makes for really, really annoying passing at times though. Not to mention they follow the braking lines entirely, which makes for heavy braking at the start of the winding section of The Alps for no reason.

There's always been spots like that for the Forza AI, though. Last corner on the Sedona road course (when run as a road course only), and the second left at Maple Valley are two big ones.

• Locked thread