Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

hreple posted:

angryrant
If you're really that bothered by it, you can sort of emulate a button clutch by adjusting the clutch pedal's deadzone to result in a really short pedal travel (it's not like slipping the clutch is something you actually want to happen during racing). Though downshifting while braking is more tricky to do unless you're used to heel-toeing, I admit.

However I don't really think the advantage is that big - the gearbox and clutch upgrades should make a much larger difference (not having them still slows down shifting artificially, even when you're using a wheel and are actually physically going through the shifting motions). That's just something you'll have to accept as the "game" part of Forza. Shifts can't be done clutchless by revmatching. ABS is significantly less efficient than threshold breaking. TCS is noticeably slower than modulating the loud pedal (except for those ludicrous cars that are barely controllable without it). Those are all gameplay decisions, not a simulation of real life.

You gotta see the positive side, with a wheel and pedals you have tons more control about throttle, brake and especially steering. That alone should make up for it, besides the enjoyment you get out of actually driving a car as it's meant to be driven. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerKatten
Oct 26, 2010
I just lost to a Prius while driving a Lamborghini, I should just sell this game :(

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

MustardFacial posted:

My '71 GTR in the LLJK club garage is such an rear end happy piece of poo poo but I love it so much :allears: I'm really torn between keeping it the way it is or making it actually handle like the wheels weren't mounted sideways.

Nobody else drives it though so I'll pull it out of the garage tonight to make room for others.

Is there a way to do drag club events? I want to make a ridiculous drag car, but if there is nobody to race against then there's kind of no point.

I drove this car last night! I thought it was pretty competitive, though kinda twitchy. It was awesome in a straight line, and the paint job had me laughing my rear end off.

I did drive it in a fairly offensive manner though, so one or both of us may hear about it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I may be just blind, but where is the option for viewing your replay?

When I finish a race I only have continue, restart leaderboards and view race details???

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Puddin posted:

I may be just blind, but where is the option for viewing your replay?

When I finish a race I only have continue, restart leaderboards and view race details???

Do you have a hard drive? If not, you won't get the replay option.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Man I love the livery editor

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

JaysonAych posted:

Do you have a hard drive? If not, you won't get the replay option.

That would be it.

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.
Just got this game on 360 last night and was totally baffled when I saw 0 Porsches. I honestly thought, if anything, they'd add MORE (especially air-cooled) models than before. I mean what the hell. That 997 based RUF is pretty bonkers, but I miss the old cars :(.

Another total noob thing that's probably been addressed 100 times, what's with the Speed, Turn, Drift indicators I keep seeing on turns? I assume a 4-block turn means you nailed it (turn-in, apex, track out) but how exactly does the system work? There's nothing that explains it in-game or in the nonexistent game manual. When I initally played around on Indy I got a perfect Speed rating every turn in the Fusion Stock car, but never a 4-block turn or Drift rating (even when I was trying to pull 120 mph drifts around the whole track).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeticopter posted:

Just got this game on 360 last night and was totally baffled when I saw 0 Porsches. I honestly thought, if anything, they'd add MORE (especially air-cooled) models than before. I mean what the hell. That 997 based RUF is pretty bonkers, but I miss the old cars :(.

EA Games owns the rights to Porsche and for Forza 4, EA decided they no longer wanted to share the license with Turn-10. The whole thing reeks of jealously because Shift 2 bombed.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Yeticopter posted:

Another total noob thing that's probably been addressed 100 times,

Drift = 5,000 points worth to get max.
Draft = 100+mph, the longer and closer the better.
Speed = max car speed for long time
Turn = drive the 'proper' line through the corner

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Don't forget:

Pass = Come within a oval office hair of rubbing door handles

Draft is actually pretty generous. I had to be about 100+ yards behind M. Rossi going balls out down the backstretch at LeMans in R3 class and got 4 blocks a couple of times.

crabfriend
Oct 12, 2010

NO
So I'm trying to build my self a few decent cars for each class, what have you guys been using for F and E? I'm leaning towards 2002 Turbo for E but I'm still lost on F.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Minimaul posted:

Drift = 5,000 points worth to get max.
Draft = 100+mph, the longer and closer the better.
Speed = max car speed for long time
Turn = drive the 'proper' line through the corner

Since getting the right line is second nature for me it seems that getting the perfect turn score is extremely dependent on when you get on the power in relation to the apex.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

crabfriend posted:

So I'm trying to build my self a few decent cars for each class, what have you guys been using for F and E? I'm leaning towards 2002 Turbo for E but I'm still lost on F.

THE DELOREAN

No but seriously, the Peugot seems quite popular as does the Ka and the Spark. I absolutely love the King Cobra and was pretty amazed at how well it handles (although this could just be because up until I used it the only F class I used was the DMC-12) but you won't be setting top track times in a King Cobra, and a little tiny light car will be better suited for handling anyway.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

If you aren't racing Hockenheimring at sunrise, you're doing it wrong.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I said come in! posted:

EA Games owns the rights to Porsche and for Forza 4, EA decided they no longer wanted to share the license with Turn-10. The whole thing reeks of jealously because Shift 2 bombed.

Rumor is that when EA's license expires in December, Porsche is not going to renew it with them.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Ringo Star Get posted:

Rumor is that when EA's license expires in December, Porsche is not going to renew it with them.

Hopefully there'll be some major Porsche DLC around then.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Ringo Star Get posted:

If this rumour becomes fact I will not give a poo poo about season pass, should they release a $20 DLC pack with 30 Porsches. But we know it won't happen.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe
I just added a tuning setup for the Goon Bus, aptly named "FYAD Wagon". Make sure to have the Hummer fully upgrade and try to take a corner. With a normal racing line and speed, I can't take a corner at 35 without being face first in the ground. It might make online races a bit more interesting. I added the "SAEG LLJK GISH GTCC" tags for easy finding. This is the first tuning I've uploaded for Forza, so I hope it works ok.

I also put in a request to LLJK from the gamertag Thideras.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

thideras posted:

I just added a tuning setup for the Goon Bus, aptly named "FYAD Wagon". Make sure to have the Hummer fully upgrade and try to take a corner. With a normal racing line and speed, I can't take a corner at 35 without being face first in the ground.

So it's a two ton Reliant Robin then, is it?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Sory Gish guys, my mike don't seem to be working right at the moment.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

KillerKatten posted:

I just lost to a Prius while driving a Lamborghini, I should just sell this game :(

What's worse is that I was driving the Prius.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

BlazeKinser posted:

So it's a two ton Reliant Robin then, is it?
Actually, yes, it is. I can't say that I've completed a single lap without flipping it. Farthest I got was the corkscrew on Laguna Seca.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Okay, I'm just going to go ahead and say this now.

The next time one of you puts every single car you own into the club garage, I WILL KICK YOU OUT OF LLJK IMMEDIATELY.

That is all.

:ranbowdash:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I love that despite being completely awful at the game, I'm still having a blast driving around in last place. Playing with you guys was great tonight, and sorry for the terrible accidents I always ended up causing whenever someone got close to me. I always freak out and try not to cause an accident, but then I just start doing stupid poo poo to not be a bother and end up hitting someone.

I think part of the problem is that I jumped right into playing without any assists because driving feels so much more fun without them, but due to by hilariously poor skills I'm unable to properly control anything above a B or C class. Would it be faster to start with assists on and slowly wean my way off of them, or would it end up being easier to harden up and just get better at it with everything turned off?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

BlazeKinser posted:

Okay, I'm just going to go ahead and say this now.

The next time one of you puts every single car you own into the club garage, I WILL KICK YOU OUT OF LLJK IMMEDIATELY.

That is all.

:ranbowdash:

You can't be serious.

*checks club garage*

:catstare:

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

And the Leaf comes around the corner for the win at TsukoooooHHHHSSHIT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KYr9RGP54

Office_Space
Aug 11, 2003
I just sent a request to GISH as NoahsDadPhil. Would appreciate an invite.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
Cheers for the racing on GISH this afternoon (nz time). 2 class racing on the Top Gear track was pretty entertaining.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Vagina Jones posted:

Cheers for the racing on GISH this afternoon (nz time). 2 class racing on the Top Gear track was pretty entertaining.

Agreed that was heaps fun, that drat t-bird don't know what the gently caress!

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Hey guys I just requested to join the GISH car club. Username rcman50166. What a surprise.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I just requested to join GISH as well, gamertag SFH1989.

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.

Coxswain Balls posted:

I love that despite being completely awful at the game, I'm still having a blast driving around in last place. Playing with you guys was great tonight, and sorry for the terrible accidents I always ended up causing whenever someone got close to me. I always freak out and try not to cause an accident, but then I just start doing stupid poo poo to not be a bother and end up hitting someone.

I think part of the problem is that I jumped right into playing without any assists because driving feels so much more fun without them, but due to by hilariously poor skills I'm unable to properly control anything above a B or C class. Would it be faster to start with assists on and slowly wean my way off of them, or would it end up being easier to harden up and just get better at it with everything turned off?

The assists are kind of a crutch, I think. I'd say try normal steering instead of "Simulation" because I spun on my first few races from losing out to a slide, which can get frustrating especially in the slow cars. I think the only one I still use is ABS because locking up the wheels totally sucks balls, and pretty much every production car will have ABS in real life anyway. Just hot lap the courses in a decently fast car to get a feel for what your braking/speed should look like through turns, and you'll get the hang of it pretty quick. I'm still trying to ween off Rewind myself. I can't help driving through the same corner for 10 minutes trying to hit it just right :argh:

Hello Spaceman posted:

If this rumour becomes fact I will not give a poo poo about season pass, should they release a $20 DLC pack with 30 Porsches. But we know it won't happen.

Why not? A racing game without Porsche is like sex without foreplay.

Yeticopter fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 22, 2011

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
Fleur de lis are hard. Also I can't think of any text to put on it, maybe I shouldn't.

Also I think the colors might be a little off.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

MaNiAk posted:

Fleur de lis are hard. Also I can't think of any text to put on it, maybe I shouldn't.

Also I think the colors might be a little off.

"gently caress you say?!"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Done some more work on the Goss Bathurst winning Falcon. Thanks to Sunday Punch and others in this thread for tips and ideas. Still work in progress:

Took me ages to do the old school Bridgestone logo shields for the headlights, and the hockey stick strips for the side

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
ATTN yes we nyan: it took me something like 50 laps but I finally beat your time on the Infineon "virtual reality" stock LFA rivals challenge. Pleasant surprise breaking into the top 100 of the leaderboards for that :toot:

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I did a bad thing...

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Pudgygiant posted:

I did a bad thing...

You put a banging donk on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Four of those versus three GTB4s was pretty loving funny.

• Locked thread