Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thank you to all the LLJK and GTCC folks and the rest who invited me (Hi HerrJetSet) to participate in a lot of clean and fun and crazy racing tonight/this morning. It was a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I have to say gish guys, that zombie demolition derby we played was quite fun earlier today.

Basically one guy goes backwards trying to hit everyone coming the opposite way, if you get hit, you have to go back, with full damage on it becomes quite the task to stop anyone or get away from anyone.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!
Crosspostin' from the SAEG thread!

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

GISH racing, fun times tonight, that drop a class thing we were doing(it needs a name, I nominate "Two Bear Racing") was awesome.

Nounverber
Jan 8, 2005
Yeah, great racing tonight GISH. That 10+ mile Japanese circuit with all those twists and hills... :negative:

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
Looks like they're working on fixing that black screen in the club garage bug. Hopefully we get a fix soon, it annoys the hell out of me. :mad:

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007
Woo! Finally caught up on 20+ pages of thread. Fun "racing" tonight, LLJK and one GTCC guy. Beer, driving, and goons are the best thing to come home to at 1am after work.

The question we brought up tonight is "when is the GISH/LLJK/GTCC/SAEG Miata meetup"? Also, is there a way to advertise or promote club get togethers like "weeknights at 6CST" or "Friday Night PT Cruiser Cash for Clunkers Roundup" other than this thread or IRC? Maybe a section in the Google Docs spreadsheet? Craigslist? I don't know how organized everyone is, but it'd be nice if we could plan ahead to know if there's a Saturday night drift meetup or to put aside some time to tune for R3 ovals on Thursday nights or something.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I brought this today with the intent of spending tonight, and tomorrow playing the poo poo out of it.

Turns out I can't play it because I get the E66 error. "Great!" I think, wonder what that means.

Apparently I have a modified Xbox, and my drive firmware not the original. Well Microsoft, its not. But its not flashed or jtaged or any of that poo poo. I did it so I could buy Forza 3 and play it, because when my disk drive broke you told me I was out of warranty by one, loving, week (oldschool fat Xbox brought on launch) then wanted to charge me over $200 to fix it, and send it back. gently caress that, I replaced the drive myself.

Now after 6 months of inactivity, I download the latest dashboard update and now I can't do poo poo with the console, bar stare at the flashy new dash.

gently caress you Microsoft. I want to play Forza. That's all I ever wanted. To play Forza.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So much for taking two years to get level 150; http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Profile.aspx?gt=Malc%2071

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

I said come in! posted:

So much for taking two years to get level 150; http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Profile.aspx?gt=Malc%2071

Achievement unlocked: Colostomy Brag

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

I said come in! posted:

According to his achievements he completed 7 years of seasons in 2 days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brainwrong posted:

According to his achievements he completed 7 years of seasons in 2 days.

That is some hardcore poopsocking. He was mentioned in this weeks In Review on the Forza 4 blog.

Also, was wondering if anyone has ran into this issue; http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4916685.aspx Players have discovered a glitch in the community/storefront in the last 24 hours, that is giving them 999,999,999 credits. Can't say I wouldn't go hog wild and buy up every car in the dealership, but that would also defeat the purpose of playing Forza 4 for me.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

Pudgygiant posted:

I did a bad thing...

i see this and raise you:

:shepface: and the passenger side is written backwards...

on a candy note, this is my new favorite A-Class...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AwwJeah posted:

I think you just found the worst vinyl in the game so far.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Just browsing though the car store, finding ways to waste money when I saw the '90 Camaro and got a great idea for a livery. Luckily I got lazy and checked the storefront first, because they did a better job than I could have hoped to do.

Jeremy Clarkson's Camaro:

edit: I'm also taking the plunge into manual + clutch, making my driving finally assist-free. The one question I have with that is when racing, do I shift like regular manual, except just mash the A button in addition to the shift up/down button, or should I be using the clutch like I would in my own car? (ie- clutch in, brake, shift down, little gas, clutch out, and go)

pkells fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 22, 2011

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
This is the closest I'll get to a Legit Sard MC8-R in Forza :smith:

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

AwwJeah posted:

Did you make that? How the hell did you do the face?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

I said come in! posted:

Geez, and I thought the guy at level 94 on my rivals list was overdoing it.

To be fair though, the amount of exp to get from one level to the next doesn't seem to increase that much once you get past 50, so I'm pretty sure that "two years to reach level 150" was based on the fact that most people playing will jump to some other game a month or so after the start playing.

blodycoughbynewport posted:

I learned rather quickly that this paint scheme + C425 GMC Syclone + knowing how to actually take a corner properly = endless fountains of pubbie tears as their lovely glitched Darts and Euro hatchbacks fail to keep up and/or ram it off the track. Though to be honest the paint is more just insult to injury because holy cow the Syclone is really fast and responsive with the right setup.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

Pudgygiant posted:

Did you make that? How the hell did you do the face?

Nah I found it in the Auction House. That portrait was just so bad but it's obvious that someone had to spend a lot of time on it.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
gently caress you Top Gear track. You are not made for stoners.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

der juicen posted:

I've been guzzling Tussin this week due to a nasty cough/cold, and it kept making me think of how much fun it was playing CoD4 was with you and the night crew back in the day.

Never change, juicen.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

der juicen posted:

There's a second to last turn? All I see is a straight li-OH poo poo :gonk:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Edit: Woh wrong thread.

To contribute: I am finally getting used to Drifting and having a good time. I do wish the Rivals Drift Challenges had some time element to them.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Asnorban posted:

Edit: Woh wrong thread.

To contribute: I am finally getting used to Drifting and having a good time. I do wish the Rivals Drift Challenges had some time element to them.

Good lad. Beat my rivals scores it will give me something to do :D

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

A5H posted:

Good lad. Beat my rivals scores it will give me something to do :D

Speaking of Rivals, you jerks really need to do more of the track day and autocross ones because it's awfully boring having only three club times to compete against.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Since there are multiple clubs involved, you guys might want to make your own leaderboard or something... but it will probably take some honesty / an honor system.
My best time on a Nurburgring event was 2:00:700-something in a souped up R3 RUF V8. It was a glorious, but dirty, lap.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

A couple of screenies from last nights [GISH] shenanigans.

Oh shi...

The attempts to roll me over failed and I remained upsidedown in my ugly BMW for another 12 laps.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I made a Ferrari!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is a lovely Ferrari. :)

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Any chance someone can accept my request for GISH? My gt is crazycroat21. Thanks!

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
I also sent a request to GISH. My gamertag is Desmoseditious.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Wee Bairns posted:

The attempts to roll me over failed and I remained upsidedown in my ugly BMW for another 12 laps.

That was an epic crash with sim damage on. And then it was even more fun trying to drive afterwards, then just deciding to try and make a roadblock.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Nounverber posted:

Yeah, great racing tonight GISH. That 10+ mile Japanese circuit with all those twists and hills... :negative:

That was finally my perfect combination of a course I'm good at and starting at the front of the grid.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Drunken Extreme Multi-Class (AKA Two Bear) racing was amazingly fun last night on GISH. If only I could have moved up a class in 3 hours :negative:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

pkells posted:

edit: I'm also taking the plunge into manual + clutch, making my driving finally assist-free. The one question I have with that is when racing, do I shift like regular manual, except just mash the A button in addition to the shift up/down button, or should I be using the clutch like I would in my own car? (ie- clutch in, brake, shift down, little gas, clutch out, and go)

I wanted to let it slide but I just can't: You brake when you shift?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

der juicen posted:

I'm sure Casey Stoner would do fine.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

Really don't want to do the other side though, letters are loving TEDIOUS

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

When you are entering a turn, yes.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Pudgygiant posted:

Really don't want to do the other side though, letters are loving TEDIOUS

Group them with RT, push in the left stick and press X to copy. Go to the other side and paste. Much less tedious.

also, I present M. Rossi.wmv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glnip_krsHI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Wee Bairns posted:

A couple of screenies from last nights [GISH] shenanigans.

Oh shi...

That was so much fun, then ICy had to go and win by sliding on his side for like 5 minutes to move 5 metres to win the race.

That would be so much fun with a full field.

• Locked thread