Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

General Probe posted:

I wanted to let it slide but I just can't: You brake when you shift?
Sounded odd to me as well.

To answer the original question, in Forza this is how I shift. Switch clutch to A(which you already did). I just hit the shift and clutch together more or less at the same time but let out of the gas RIGHT before. Right after the shift get right back on the gas. The sensitivity of the clutch is adjusted so a tap of the button will be a motion long enough for a shift like in your car. You probably could have figured this out on your own because if you don't get out of the gas things wont be very smooth at all.

As far as downshifting I haven't really noticed figured out how you would do the controller equivalent of heel-toe but I also haven't noticed my downshifts unsettling the car a whole lot either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

Kilonum posted:

Group them with RT, push in the left stick and press X to copy. Go to the other side and paste. Much less tedious.

also, I present M. Rossi.wmv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glnip_krsHI

Yeah, still a lot of rearranging though.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Everybody! You should make sure you have an open NAT. Get these ports open.

TCP 80
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074
UDP 53
TCP 53

Otherwise Forza 4 lobbies will actually become allergic to you.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Now that's just silly, there's no way Turn 10 built a DNS server into their game. :colbert:

Though it would be pretty interesting if they put a web server into the game.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

xzzy posted:

Now that's just silly, there's no way Turn 10 built a DNS server into their game. :colbert:

Though it would be pretty interesting if they put a web server into the game.

Those ports are for xbox live I believe. All I know is that some people are dropping from lobbies very frequently.

sdot
Jan 21, 2005

Almost Heaven
Sent a request to GISH

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

General Probe posted:

I wanted to let it slide but I just can't: You brake when you shift?

When downshifting around a corner, yeah. Not while going straight. Should have mentioned that.

In one of the LLJK races last week, someone mentioned painting the Mercedes 190E like a WWII Me-109. Well, I got bored today, so I'm here to present the Mercedes-109:

And an old-timey shot:

It's up on my storefront (MmmPadraig), keyword lljk

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Jarf posted:

Those ports are for xbox live I believe. All I know is that some people are dropping from lobbies very frequently.
Yeah, trying to play online seems to be impossible for me at the moment. I'm lucky I can even use Rivals, and even there I sometimes have to beat my rival multiple times, because the connection crapped out during the upload.

Ports are already forwarded on my router and the connection test reports full connectivity (whereas it showed strict NAT before opening the ports). The only thing I can think of trying now is using a wired connection instead of the wireless, though I don't really think that's the issue :(

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Jarf posted:

Everybody! You should make sure you have an open NAT. Get these ports open.

TCP 80
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074
UDP 53
TCP 53

Otherwise Forza 4 lobbies will actually become allergic to you.

I have those open (and had for a while), but my connection test still shows moderate NAT 95% of the time. Some googling seems to suggest it's an issue with my particular router (that I can't easily replace because it comes with my VDSL+IPtv connection), and that it's not a problem if it shows moderate NAT - at least not for most of the games out there. Forza however seems to really hate it. I just spent two hours trying to fix this poo poo, and it pretty much sucked all the enthusiasm I had for this game right out of me.

Edit: Hahaha, if I log into my router and deactivate and reactive the port rules, the Xbox shows an open NAT. But only for the first test, I can immediately restart the test and suddenly I'm moderate. gently caress this poo poo.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 22, 2011

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
My new Prius!

Oh, I see you're driving a Hummer? :smug:

alr
May 14, 2009

I know nothing about structural engineering, but that's gotta be a pretty impressive project.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

GhostDog posted:

Edit: Hahaha, if I log into my router and deactivate and reactive the port rules, the Xbox shows an open NAT. But only for the first test, I can immediately restart the test and suddenly I'm moderate. gently caress this poo poo.
One thing I had to do on my router/modem was to make sure the XBox has a fixed IP assigned. Not sure why that would affect anything, but maybe it helps in your case, too.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Forza 4's multiplayer is a broken piece of poo poo that desperately needs patching. God drat. As far as actually connecting goes anyway.

The races themselves are totally boss.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Jarf posted:

Forza 4's multiplayer is a broken piece of poo poo that desperately needs patching. God drat. As far as actually connecting goes anyway.

Once all the crap players go flocking to Battlefield 3 and reduce the server load it'll probably start to get better. It was the same way with Forza 3 for the first month or so as well.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

SirViver posted:

One thing I had to do on my router/modem was to make sure the XBox has a fixed IP assigned. Not sure why that would affect anything, but maybe it helps in your case, too.

Didn't make a difference :(

I guess I have to do the whole "reset router and pray" spiel anytime I want to play online.

BlazeKinser posted:

Once all the crap players go flocking to Battlefield 3 and reduce the server load it'll probably start to get better. It was the same way with Forza 3 for the first month or so as well.

Well, that leaves some time to grind, do hotlaps and so on.

Did anyone have a look at those overall stats, with values in the tens and hundreds of hours? How are those calculated?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

16 player grids are pretty fun

Just a shame the online is so sketchy right now.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Question, did they release a patch recently?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

New spec is up for next week of SAEG if you wish to check the thread for details. We're gonna be very American with a double whammy. NASCAR and C-class pre '85 American Muscle.

Although if these network problems don't get resolved I doubt much will happen, I'd hate for a repeat of that!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 23, 2011

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

alr posted:

I know nothing about structural engineering, but that's gotta be a pretty impressive project.

A lot of recent international stadiums look like that nowadays. It's really strange.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007
Just sent my request to GISH. GT is Twistershift. Thanks dudes.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Need some help here on a tune. I've got myself a Ford Focus RS that's been converted to AWD. My goal with it is to keep it strictly B-class and to focus on the handling of it. Long story short, the car feels like a loving pig. It's very cumbersome to get around a corner. Any ideas?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

HeyEng posted:

Need some help here on a tune. I've got myself a Ford Focus RS that's been converted to AWD. My goal with it is to keep it strictly B-class and to focus on the handling of it. Long story short, the car feels like a loving pig. It's very cumbersome to get around a corner. Any ideas?

My first suggestion is to install a racing differential and move the torque split towards the rear. When you do an AWD swap the torque split defaults to 50/50, which is great for stability but makes cornering a bitch. I would say try try 25 front/75 rear at first, then slowly nudge it forwards a bit at a time if it's too unruly.

If you haven't done so already, a weight reduction would also be in order too to offset the extra pounds added by slapping in another drivetrain and all the other voodoo magic that AWD systems use.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Sorry but I just have to say: I find "hey guys let's just wreck each other!" races to be really boring.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Wait how am I supposed to stick my Xbox mic into this fanatec???

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Putrid Tuna, you mind not adding all your cars to the LLJK garage plz? Kthnx.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

There needs to be a better way to join a club meetup already in progress than sending a message to one of the online members. Pressing 'b' one too many times means you're sent to the lobby and stuck waiting for an invite or harassing someone in-race with an annoying message asking for a re-invite.

Sorry for which, by the way.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

HeyEng posted:

I tried one of these earlier and just couldn't make it competitive. The AWD conversion eats up so much of your PI headroom, and all that added weight means too much compromising between increasing traction, reducing weight, and increasing power.

I'll give mine a second go at tuning, but I'd guess that your best bet is to stick with FWD, which can be very competitive (I do embarrassingly well in that A-spec Seat FWD race car.)

Send a friend request to humpdumper and we can share what we come up with.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So I got the pre-order incentive RX7 Sprirt R, but cannot find a way to get the supposed other cars they just released. Are they still working on handing them out or do I have to do something to get them?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That torque splitting tip helped some. I just can't go any farther on upgrades without going in A class.

ihop posted:

I tried one of these earlier and just couldn't make it competitive. The AWD conversion eats up so much of your PI headroom, and all that added weight means too much compromising between increasing traction, reducing weight, and increasing power.

I'll give mine a second go at tuning, but I'd guess that your best bet is to stick with FWD, which can be very competitive (I do embarrassingly well in that A-spec Seat FWD race car.)

Send a friend request to humpdumper and we can share what we come up with.

I got mine running alright. The Focus is competitive but I gotta slow down quite a bit to still get around corners cleanly. I might get another Focus to keep as FWD.

Mine's AirForceMedic. I don't have a Gold subscription yet.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Wee Bairns posted:

There needs to be a better way to join a club meetup already in progress than sending a message to one of the online members. Pressing 'b' one too many times means you're sent to the lobby and stuck waiting for an invite or harassing someone in-race with an annoying message asking for a re-invite.

Sorry for which, by the way.

Yeah, there really needs to be a join session option and you join whatever race is currently going on as a spectator.

CubeGuy
Jul 19, 2005
You ended your sentence with a preposistion. Bastard.
There also needs to be a way to pass off lobby leadership without kicking everyone out when you need to leave. I had to take a phone call and instead of passing the lead off easily you guys all got kicked out. Sorry about that.

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

If you just quit to the dashboard or turn off the Xbox, It'll hand the lobby off to the next person and so on in the order they originally joined.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Just got completely booted from the session, but drat, I had a lot of fun with the [GISH] guys tonight.

PT Cruiser for lyfe.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

loving love the classic Charger. So sinister :h:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

T1g4h posted:

loving love the classic Charger. So sinister :h:

HELL yes.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3uszxvNTHk

Is anyone willing to chase me in a stingray and a barracuda?

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I took that Mintberry Crunch A4 Touring out of the GISH garage cause we don't really do the whole R3/R2/R1 thing much and it wasn't seeing much use. I have all the vinyl groups, I'll put them on a B/A/S car and upload it sometime. I tried putting them on a Bentley Continental SS but I decided if I want to drive around a British piece of crap that won't stop or turn I have the Morgan Aero

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

blodycoughbynewport posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3uszxvNTHk

Is anyone willing to chase me in a stingray and a barracuda?

This is great, I'm going to have to do a Kavinsky paintjob sometime now.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Sunday Punch posted:

This is great, I'm going to have to do a Kavinsky paintjob sometime now.

A Kavinsky paint job would literally be the best thing ever.

Here's some other shots from earlier

blodycoughbynewport fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Can you guys beat the stigs fastest lap time, all assists off?

00:01:10.7 in the Ferrari FXX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrSjVXMkpg

• Locked thread