Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Jarf posted:

Forza 4's multiplayer is a broken piece of poo poo that desperately needs patching. God drat. As far as actually connecting goes anyway.

The races themselves are totally boss.

Amen bruvva. I'm just taking a break from MP for the time being, hopefully it'll get better when other games (BF3, MW3, Skyrim) come out. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

djfooboo posted:

So I got the pre-order incentive RX7 Sprirt R, but cannot find a way to get the supposed other cars they just released. Are they still working on handing them out or do I have to do something to get them?
if you find out, let me know because I haven't seen them either.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Yeeey I'm miles ahead in first place!

Nonononono

SHITBALLS

Fucknuts! I bounced off the wall, did a 360 degree spin, then went right back into the wall and got past by everyone.

elegant drapery
Oct 11, 2004
Breaking down and buying this. Does anyone host the roll-the-dice type races bentron used to? Those were a lot of fun.

Graebob
Apr 16, 2005

DO A BARREL ROLL

ChocNitty posted:

Can you guys beat the stigs fastest lap time, all assists off?

00:01:10.7 in the Ferrari FXX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrSjVXMkpg

Best I could manage clean was 1:12.7 :smith:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Carta posted:

Breaking down and buying this. Does anyone host the roll-the-dice type races bentron used to? Those were a lot of fun.

Bentron still does that :)

sdot
Jan 21, 2005

Almost Heaven
My USB drive took a dump and deleted my saved game. Well at least Xbox isn't recognizing it anymore. I was rich too. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sdot posted:

My USB drive took a dump and deleted my saved game. Well at least Xbox isn't recognizing it anymore. I was rich too. :(

Maybe you'll get lucky and get that max credit glitch before Turn-10 fixes it. They haven't done anything about it yet because it started happening friday night.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Is there a way to trigger the glitch, or is it random?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BrokenKnees posted:

Is there a way to trigger the glitch, or is it random?

From what people are saying on the official forum, it seems to be random. Most of the instances are happening after players collect their daily credit bonus. Their total credits shoot up all of a sudden to 999,999,999. There's a 17+ page thread about it here; http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4916685.aspx

CubeGuy
Jul 19, 2005
You ended your sentence with a preposistion. Bastard.
The annoying part is they've suspended any auctions that have a ridiculous amount of credits bid on them. All my money has been tied up in a unicorn car I bid on just for shits on Friday after someone bid 999,999,999 credits on it. "Under Review" my rear end.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The storefront owes me about $40,000 but it isn't paying out, what gives?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I said come in! posted:

From what people are saying on the official forum, it seems to be random. Most of the instances are happening after players collect their daily credit bonus. Their total credits shoot up all of a sudden to 999,999,999. There's a 17+ page thread about it here; http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4916685.aspx

Man, there is some brain melting stupidity in that thread.

I like the clowns that decided to fix it on their own by deleting their save file or trying to use up all the credits by buying cars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xzzy posted:

Man, there is some brain melting stupidity in that thread.

I like the clowns that decided to fix it on their own by deleting their save file or trying to use up all the credits by buying cars.

I would probably just go hog wild and buy up everything and keep it. I figure Turn-10 can only do one of two things; Force everyone with the glitch, to start over, if they want access to the online features, or just ignore it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Love the sunset tracks. Makes me hope they'll bring dynamic weather for FM5.

Is there a release date on the next DLC car pack yet?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think they can ignore it. The AH is pretty sensitive to a flood of credits.. people who don't have glitched credits are instantly unable to use it because every auction instantly gets into the tens of millions.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
"Oh no the game has miraculously gifted me, through no fault of my own, all the money I could ever want, letting me do anything Ill ever feel like doing with the game from this point on. This is an outrage. How do I reverse this travesty."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

"Oh no the game has miraculously gifted me, through no fault of my own, all the money I could ever want, letting me do anything Ill ever feel like doing with the game from this point on. This is an outrage. How do I reverse this travesty."

To be fair, it does take away some of the fun for a lot of players. I like earning the credits legit and buying all of the cars in games like this. There's free play mode if you want to play with all of the cars right away.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

We had a bit of a wreck last night on the SpergBergring, and it was called into question who was at fault.

I have a video of the incident in slow motion, complete with notes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx1ZuKPgt-I

Judge the wreck for yourself and cast blame.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
All of you are at fault for playing that awful course.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

NASCAR makes for lots of fun close battles. There are some good road circuits for it too. Should be a good spec to race.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.

GhostDog posted:

I have those open (and had for a while), but my connection test still shows moderate NAT 95% of the time. Some googling seems to suggest it's an issue with my particular router (that I can't easily replace because it comes with my VDSL+IPtv connection), and that it's not a problem if it shows moderate NAT - at least not for most of the games out there. Forza however seems to really hate it. I just spent two hours trying to fix this poo poo, and it pretty much sucked all the enthusiasm I had for this game right out of me.

Edit: Hahaha, if I log into my router and deactivate and reactive the port rules, the Xbox shows an open NAT. But only for the first test, I can immediately restart the test and suddenly I'm moderate. gently caress this poo poo.

I've found that if you assign a static IP address to your xbox you'll eliminate the NAT problems. Most of my issues came from moving my xbox from time to time and my dynamic IP address would get assigned to something else on my network like a laptop. Once you statically assign your IP you can move your xbox around without losing the settings for whatever specific IP you assign. There are plenty of tutorials on the web to be found if you aren't familiar with how to do this.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Crossposting from the SAEG thread
A few designs (click for big!):
Poker car:

Rasta car:

to make it look even more stupid I'll be attempting to make this to plaster all over it:

If anyone could give me any tips to make it, that'd be appreciated

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah that thread is pretty hilarious, between retards getting butthurt about having too much pretend money in Forza and them chastising the one guy for saying "drat." I mean, holy poo poo.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

yum.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pees With Boner posted:

Yeah that thread is pretty hilarious, between retards getting butthurt about having too much pretend money in Forza and them chastising the one guy for saying "drat." I mean, holy poo poo.

The drat post was the best. That was all sorts of :psyduck: when I first read it.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

GreatGreen posted:

A lot of people are probably panicking because Turn 10 came down hard on people abusing credit glitches in F3 and they think this will result in getting banned from the auction house, even though it's not something they did intentionally and is pretty much Turn 10's mess-up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think people are panicking too, because I guess a save editor is out there and people were using that to exploit the auction house. Turn-10 was console banning people who used that though. There were a lot of console bans in the first few days, over piracy as well. Some of those were false positives though and Turn-10 unbanned them, but most weren't. It was funny reading all of the threads from people who pirated the game and got caught doing it right away.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think if you spend all the credits, you might be ok. I remember back when FM3 had the credit glitch with that camaro, people were getting banned. I got a lot of credits and then just bought a bunch of high value cars. I think Turn 10 was mostly just looking at people with high amounts of credits and seeing where those credits came from.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just bought this. Sent an invite to join GISH.

I'm not very good. If you get near me, there's a good chance I'll bump you by accident.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Cojawfee posted:

I think if you spend all the credits, you might be ok. I remember back when FM3 had the credit glitch with that camaro, people were getting banned. I got a lot of credits and then just bought a bunch of high value cars. I think Turn 10 was mostly just looking at people with high amounts of credits and seeing where those credits came from.

If you weren't using the credits to drive up prices in the auction house then I doubt they cared. They mostly targeted people who were making rare cars impossible for anyone but themselves to buy, which would have in turn made people not want to use the auction house at all.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
M. Rossi can go to hell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBtCddjEPWg

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Dodge Dart PI is broken. 825HP, 2349lbs, C392. Every upgrade but the tranny and it'll stay at 392.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Pudgygiant posted:

Dodge Dart PI is broken. 825HP, 2349lbs, C392. Every upgrade but the tranny and it'll stay at 392.

And it has no top speed because of it.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

Ziploc posted:

And it has no top speed because of it.

Cataluna school, Iberian mini...

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

GISH is full. If you haven't been on in a while or have dropped forza and for some reason you are still reading this thread, id appreciate if you could back out to make room.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Captain Howdy 0's musings on Manual w/clutch:

The Top Gear Test Track, Reasonably Priced Car was the very first thing I did when I installed FM4. I went straight to rivals and looked for the Kia C'eed on the TGTT and boom, there it was. Joy! Could I beat Jimmy Carr? (can't remember which car he drove, actually).
Thing is, I love Top Gear UK and I was REALLY disappointed by the TGTT poo poo in GT5. Here it was, the KIA on the TGTT. Sweet!
The other thing is, Rivals mode is like crack to me. Give me a ghost to beat and I am going to waste hours chasing it. I can't help myself.

I have driven manual since I first got a wheel (GT4) but my pedals don't have clutch so I always used the manual w.o./clutch option.

I noticed doing rivals on the TGTT that every ghost car was beating me to turn one. Like, by a few car lengths. I thought to myself, "How can my launches be so bad?"
So I finally enabled manual w/clutch and found the B button is clutch on my MS Wireless Wheel. Ok cool, it's right there by my right thumb, I just have to tap it every time I hit my flappy paddle.
Instantly, I am as fast or faster on every launch. Just like that.

I don't know about all that. Is that cool? Yeah, I keep forgetting to use the clutch button and hearing that awful grinding sound when I shift without it. But that will pass once the muscle memory becomes automatic.

Just saying that if you didn't know about the advantage w/clutch grants, let me be the one to tell you: turn it on and learn to use it if you care about turning in the best lap times you can.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Been thinking about getting a wheel, but I don't have the money for a nice fanatec setup. Do any goons have and like microsoft's new wireless wheel? I'm looking around and nothing else is a decent price or is made by madcatz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Oh holy poo poo I just accidentally discovered that you can beep the horn in autovista mode by clicking in the right stick whilst you're sat in the driver's seat. I made myself jump.

And now I'm sat in the Bentley 8 litre making the old timey horn go "awooga". GOTY RIGHT HERE!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 24, 2011

• Locked thread