Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

Can you guys beat the stigs fastest lap time, all assists off?

00:01:10.7 in the Ferrari FXX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrSjVXMkpg
Interesting tidbit about that lap is I believe it was run by Schumacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I'd kill to use the horn in a multiplayer race, just to piss off people more as my bright pink car passes/slams into them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Wolfy posted:

Interesting tidbit about that lap is I believe it was run by Schumacher.

Yea, it's been alluded to that not all of the laps are actually done by the proper Stig. The costume is used to hide the fact that there is a company driver in several of the cars that were being used.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

HeyEng posted:

Yea, it's been alluded to that not all of the laps are actually done by the proper Stig. The costume is used to hide the fact that there is a company driver in several of the cars that were being used.
Yeah if I remember correctly, Top Gear was having a problem getting a hold of one to run around the track. Schumacher happened to be the owner of an FXX and his was supposedly the only one made in black. I think Schumacher appeared on that episode as well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After the lap The Stig walked into the studio and took his helmet off to reveal himself as Schumacher.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Cojawfee posted:

After the lap The Stig walked into the studio and took his helmet off to reveal himself as Schumacher.

They confirmed in the papers a couple days later that Schumacher was the one that did the test lap and that it was his car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_stig#Michael_Schumacher_.27revealed.27

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BrokenKnees posted:

Been thinking about getting a wheel, but I don't have the money for a nice fanatec setup. Do any goons have and like microsoft's new wireless wheel? I'm looking around and nothing else is a decent price or is made by madcatz.

Quoting for the new page. Found an original microsoft wheel for $70 on craigslist, but if that falls through I'd still like some goon opinions of other wheels.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

BrokenKnees posted:

Quoting for the new page. Found an original microsoft wheel for $70 on craigslist, but if that falls through I'd still like some goon opinions of other wheels.
Someone in here has a madcatz wheel and really likes it, apparently.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Umm, you guys :catstare:

I'm pretty sure the smoldering wreckage of the towers has dragons coming out of it?

Also there is this:

Thanks auction house!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Is there a bug with importing Forza 3 stuff? I played 3 but it never once prompted me to import anything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Your save file is still intact and you are on the same gamertag?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Changed routers and now Forza finally works right, so I got to race with some LLJKers. One of the races forced manual tranny and now I think I'll just drive like that from now on. Had a great time, even though I raced pretty horribly.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Your save file is still intact and you are on the same gamertag?

Same gamertag and the only thing I ever delete are demos and disc installs so I assume they're still intact

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why do the dodge muscle cars cost so much money?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Anyone using the MS FFB wheel who is looking for a decent stand, I use a wheelstandpro to mount it and find its really well put together, plenty of adjustability, and balanced nicely.

link: http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

Also, whats the general consensus on stiffening the MS brake pedal? i have some foam in there but would like it to be stiffer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Laserface posted:

Also, whats the general consensus on stiffening the MS brake pedal? i have some foam in there but would like it to be stiffer.

I gave up trying to fix it, and have no mods in place these days. I've been using it long enough that I'm used to the lovely feel, and it doesn't hurt me.

I also tune all my cars to 85% brake pressure, which also helps.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Sent a request for GISH yesterday but got turned down I think, tried today and its full, I will try again later. I want to do some goon races, GT: DarkJaynx

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pudgygiant posted:

Dodge Dart PI is broken. 825HP, 2349lbs, C392. Every upgrade but the tranny and it'll stay at 392.

I tried this and It's definitely getting into B for me. I swapped to the Viper engine, which makes it E class for some reason, then slapped everything on (no transmission). I end up in mid B class.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I tried this and It's definitely getting into B for me. I swapped to the Viper engine, which makes it E class for some reason, then slapped everything on (no transmission). I end up in mid B class.

pretty sure they fixed it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There was no patch between his post and mine, I don't think they could have fixed anything.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

TeffaBob posted:

pretty sure they fixed it

Doesn't the Viper engine rev way more? Giving it more top speed?

Danger Doug
Jul 10, 2007
I looked in the OP and through a few pages but couldn't find anything - my apologies if it's been answered.

Has there been any word on whether the pre-order cars will be bundled into some DLC? I bought Forza 4 solely for the 2011 Subaru STI after playing it in the demo, and was terribly disappointed to find that it wasn't in the line-up.

Danger Doug fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 24, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Since I have too much money in this game, I've decided to gift out some cars just because I can. I've got 10 cars that I'm giving out. None of these are cars that I got as level prizes, I spent a lot of my credits on them just to give them away to Y-O-U!

But, just to liven it up a little we'll be doing this the way the Roman emperor Elagabalus ran his lotteries. Meaning seven of you will be getting one of these (click for fullview)...

...but three of you will instead be getting cars that I picked up from the lot of LLJK Motors (where your salvage title is guaranteed to contain no more than 3 spelling errors)! Look at these beauties, you know you want 'em...

First 10 people to post their gamertags are entered. If less than 10 people enter then I'll either split the cars up between however many do enter, or I'll just give them all to whoever has the most offensive sounding name because I'm immature like that.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:

BlazeKinser posted:

Since I have too much money in this game, I've decided to gift out some cars just because I can. I've got 10 cars that I'm giving out. None of these are cars that I got as level prizes, I spent a lot of my credits on them just to give them away to Y-O-U!

But, just to liven it up a little we'll be doing this the way the Roman emperor Elagabalus ran his lotteries. Meaning seven of you will be getting one of these (click for fullview)...

...but three of you will instead be getting cars that I picked up from the lot of LLJK Motors (where your salvage title is guaranteed to contain no more than 3 spelling errors)! Look at these beauties, you know you want 'em...

First 10 people to post their gamertags are entered. If less than 10 people enter then I'll either split the cars up between however many do enter, or I'll just give them all to whoever has the most offensive sounding name because I'm immature like that.

Alright I'll play.
GT- UNDERGROUNDSPAZ

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
airforcemedic. Woo!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Whatever, Andrewcoja. Come on Honda.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

May as well.

GT - Takuan55

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Awesome, put me down.

GT: nycterine

Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

GT: Hamare

I hope I get poisonous snakes!

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Sure! My gt is: rgoer

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BlazeKinser posted:

Gt: BrokenKnees

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
GT: aphex

ROLLING THE DICE

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Rabbit Holed rollin' the dice

e: gently caress you! ^^^^

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
gt: Chandlsd

UNGHGHGHGHGHGHG

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
gt: Kachunkachunk

Edit: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
looks like I'm too slow, but just for shiggles:

GT: CaseFace McGeee - with 3 e's at the end.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Danger Doug posted:

I looked in the OP and through a few pages but couldn't find anything - my apologies if it's been answered.

Has there been any word on whether the pre-order cars will be bundled into some DLC? I bought Forza 4 solely for the 2011 Subaru STI after playing it in the demo, and was terribly disappointed to find that it wasn't in the line-up.

I don't think there has been anything. If you're really desperate try eBay. The codes are going for upwards of 20 bucks.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Can you gift the pre-order cars? If so we should set up a goon car club pre-order car exchange.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Okay, the random number generator has spoken! First we'll get the boring cars out of the way:

Sesto Elemento: Andrewcoja
S5S Raptor: Takuan55
RUF Rt 12 R: aphex
Ford GT40: rgoer
F40: Hamare
DB5 Vantage: Rabbit Holed
Continental SS: UNDERGROUNDSPAZ

And now for the ones we all want to hear about...

nycterine wins the Tuner's Choice, the '94 Honda Civic!

This particular example has been tuned with a loud spoiler, heavy bodykit, cheap vinyls, gaudy rims and not much else. But that just means it's still mostly a blank slate, ready to be turned into a true road rocket! I mean, just look at all those manufacturer decals! Doesn't that just scream "I'm for real"?

airforcemedic is the lucky winner of the '79 Camaro Z28!

Driving a Camaro is cool again thanks to the Transformers movies, and with a little bit of work this bad boy can be turned into your very own Bumblebee! We recommend starting with the rear tires, as they both supposedly have developed a slow leak and this allegedly affects the handling, but what the hell do those DMV inspectors know about sports handling anyway?

And finally, BrokenKnees will be driving away in style with the Nissan 240SX!

That's right, the legendary machine that ...**~~THE DRIFTING COMMUNITY~~**... whined endlessly for in Forza 3 is now yours, and even better this one is already tuned for maximum sideways action! Well, we assume it is anyway because it has aero out the rear end, a big honking turbo and colored wheels, plus it's all but impossible to drive in a straight line. Sounds like a D1 championship car to us!

Expect friend requests from EddieBischoffJr coming your way shortly so I can gift you wonderful goons your wonderful cars. Folks who missed out, I may do this again eventually because I'm already back up into the 7 digit range of credits so hey, why the hell not.

BlazeKinser fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger Doug
Jul 10, 2007

HeyEng posted:

I don't think there has been anything. If you're really desperate try eBay. The codes are going for upwards of 20 bucks.

Yeah I'm pretty desperate. Really wanted to drive my IRL car and do things to it that would make me cringe, especially since the 2005 STI feels ridiculously close to what a real 2005 STI feels like with simulation handling. Thanks for the heads up - I'll mull it over :)

• Locked thread