Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
New Chapter http://mangastream.com/read/hajime_no_ippo/68847330/1

You can tell this manga has changed when it starts gabbling about race cars and time spaces and spends half the chapter on reactions when something really cool boxing wise gets completely over looked: Saeki uses hitman style now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seabreeze
Aug 13, 2011

tazman posted:

New Chapter http://mangastream.com/read/hajime_no_ippo/68847330/1

You can tell this manga has changed when it starts gabbling about race cars and time spaces and spends half the chapter on reactions when something really cool boxing wise gets completely over looked: Saeki uses hitman style now!

I know it's never gonna happen but I hope that's a sign that he wins or at least takes his pound of flesh before he loses.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Spacetime invaders sound like nothing to do with actual boxing. I seriously doubt Morikawa is going to have Itagaki lose here. He's just going to keep beating Ippo's time and getting smugger and smugger until he eventually fights Ippo and loses in a really close fight.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm dying laughing at these guys hopping all over the place. This is now a comedy manga in my eyes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I would say it was established when Woli was bouncing around like a monkey that is manga is comedy.

Also really like how the smugness came off Itagaki. He'll probably win this fight seeing as the other was cocky as well. It isn't who is the fastest, it's who can out smug the other.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
What if they crash violently and start spraying burning fuel everywhere? Where's that analogy?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

RRR is getting super dope right now. How many chapters is it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We're on volume 4 and it was 10 volumes total. It'll end up with him world champ starting boxing at 27 and still be more believable than Ippo (ignore all 40 year old boxers making title challenges currently).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There is a new chapter of those 2 "speed guys" continuing whatever it is they are doing (it's not boxing, that's for sure) in the ring.

http://mangastream.com/read/hajime_no_ippo/57227367/1

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I don't get how they can move so fast with their legs so atrophied.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
I can only imagine how ridiculous this would look animated with both of them circle strafing each other at top speed.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

jsun posted:

I can only imagine how ridiculous this would look animated with both of them circle strafing each other at top speed.

The soundtrack is attacking them!

PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper
Brand New Chapter! Same Stale Pace.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
I find the top panel of page 10 hilarious, does anyone else?

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I wonder if Morikawa intentionally made Itagaki such a smug, unlikable bastard to set him up as a future opponent for Ippo.
Cause drat do I want to see him get knocked the gently caress out.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

frabba posted:

I find the top panel of page 10 hilarious, does anyone else?

No, Stretch Armstrong is my favorite anime/manga boxer too.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hortism posted:

I wonder if Morikawa intentionally made Itagaki such a smug, unlikable bastard to set him up as a future opponent for Ippo.
Cause drat do I want to see him get knocked the gently caress out.

Seeing as we got a foreshadow of his rape face when Ippo has his back turned (forgot which chapter) I wouldn't be surprised if he got so cocky that just because he beat Ippo's KO times he thinks he would be better.

Only to get Dempsey Roll'd.

Good lord at the crazy bullshit this manga comes with though. Those flicker jabs were more ridiculous than Mashiba's.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Those flicker jabs were more ridiculous than Mashiba's.

Saeki has no bones in his arms. That's his secret.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
It's not even that, it's more the one at the top of the page. The one that looks like it should be a right.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

When I saw all those jabs and how they were being dodged, the fist of the north star music went through my head.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Monaghan posted:

When I saw all those jabs and how they were being dodged, the fist of the north star music went through my head.

Get it out of there right now. Nothing about this match warrants that sort of soundtrack.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
Chapter 957

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure that panel on page 5 is supposed to be a heart or something, but I can't help seeing a testicle.

Meeks Sisu
Mar 30, 2011

Is this performance art!?
Looks like Morikawa has dropped any pretense of this being a boxing match.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress is this poo poo? Just go and run the 100 meters dash instead of trying to "box" you clowns.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do we also talk about RRR in here? It is already more realistic than ippo might ever have been in that somebody was too strong so no champions would fight him

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wonder how many chapters they can SHIFT GEARS and WHIFF PUNCHES

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
At least 6 more, then they need to refuel and make pit stops and then at the end of the fight, one of them gets scrapped

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So far this fight seems like that episode in the simpsons in which homer beats his opponents by letting them get tired from punching,in this case the big plan is to hope the other guy gets tired from running around.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I find it endlessly amusing that a so-called speed battle is proceeding at a glacial pace.

Sad that I want these fights to end quickly so that we can get back to the only good part of this manga: everything but the boxing.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This is how the referee in the dbz tournaments must have felt.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

pnumoman posted:

Sad that I want these fights to end quickly so that we can get back to the only good part of this manga: everything that's Takamura.

Had to correct that nasty typo.

I feel like every chapter, I need to upload a page of when the manga was giving me chills just to remind everyone about the glory days.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEyIGLRqW0

This is how I imagine they are moving in the ring, except instead of bunny hopping and shooting it's bunny hopping and flailing their arms.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You thought that was my real top speed? *inhales a can of N20* that was less than 60% kiddo. Now behold my real speed and despair!

(drat. he has been trained in the art of Zwee fighting. I may actually have to try punching.)

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

trucutru posted:

You thought that was my real top speed? *inhales a can of N20* that was less than 60% kiddo. Now behold my real speed and despair!

(drat. he has been trained in the art of Zwee fighting. I may actually have to try punching.)

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that thought of Buttlord GT at this recent chapter.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Chapter 45 of RRR was so loving good. Oh my god I am pumped!!!

Mario Reindeer
Jan 13, 2006
Ask me about causing a miscarriage with my fist!
RRR in general is so loving good. I guess it's already finished? If it is, I wish they'd sub this poo poo 24/7 instead of Ippo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RRR finally had a chapter of pro boxing and its the fastest I've ever read through a chapter

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Just when I thought this couldn't get more ridiculous. Oh hey we are moving blazing speed around the mat.

Who gives a poo poo, you guys can't land a drat punch. This isn't ballet goddamn it. It's boxing. Hah yeah I know, HnI boxing. hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shindragon posted:

Just when I thought this couldn't get more ridiculous. Oh hey we are moving blazing speed around the mat.

Who gives a poo poo, you guys can't land a drat punch. This isn't ballet goddamn it. It's boxing. Hah yeah I know, HnI boxing. hahaha

Ippo's next oponent will have psionic powers. "That punch felt real! but it was only in my mind!". Luckily, the Japanese boxer is heavily resistant against that by nature.

And RRR does indeed rock.