Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
I made a BF3 video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN8xyl2Ar2c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
A few years ago I got this little script-kiddie multi-hack for America's Army 2. I swear this little application had a bunch of programmed uses. You guys remember the big server messages that only the admins could display on everyone's screen? I could modify the .ini of the app and then press a key while in-game and it would show whatever message I wanted.

My favorite? "This server will be undergoing maintenance in 30 minutes, please exit the server and come back in an hour."

Never failed. Emptied servers in a few minutes. And it was extremely hard to track as the admins couldn't just trace it back to me, it could have come from any player. Also it was fun playing around with political messages (this was around the Obama election) and seeing people's reactions. Good times.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Infinite Monkeys posted:

I made a BF3 video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN8xyl2Ar2c

Your video led me to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGztGJcYVUk&feature=channel_video_title

very entertaining

Fizzle
Dec 14, 2006
ZOMG, Where'd my old account go?!?

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Your video led me to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGztGJcYVUk&feature=channel_video_title

very entertaining

This isn't entertaining, it's just someone teamkilling.. The reactions are alright, but there's no creativity at all

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Fizzle posted:

This isn't entertaining, it's just someone teamkilling.. The reactions are alright, but there's no creativity at all

gently caress you that is hilarious. If all it takes to get an amazing reaction is team killing, then I'm all for it.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

Miijhal posted:

How to grief in Cosmic Break:

Create a fresh robot from scrap parts. Make sure no parts have any special abilities. Equip two shields. No weapons. Bonus points if the shields prohibit jumping. Color the robot rainbow and slap peace signs on the shields. Enter a match and exposit the values of peaceful solutions to conflicts. Still get a higher score than half the players (And thus consistently stay in the matches for as long as possible).

"THREAT DETECTED. ENGAGING IN NON-VIOLENT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE."

Ugh, wish I hadn't image searched Cosmic Break. Again I have been griefed by the thread. :smith:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
The one thing that keeps me coming back to UO griefs for maximum amusement is when the griefer types in that awful faux-olde-Englishe style like a demented RPer :allears:

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Ugh, wish I hadn't image searched Cosmic Break. Again I have been griefed by the thread. :smith:

God have mercy on your soul if you had safe-search off.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Fizzle posted:

Here's a much better one, in this one teamkilling is off but that does not mean you can't kill your teammates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN4qGR1NtvI

Some other fun things to do in Battlefield 3:
  • Shine your laser into the eyes of your teammates.
  • Not only can you block your teammates from moving, you can also push them around. Feel free to shove them into a hallways filled with bullets, or go prone and crawl under them.
  • Firing smoke at your teammates is always fun.
  • Run a 64 player server with Rush mode. In this mode the defenders have to defend two objectives and the attackers have to blow them up. The attackers have 100 tickets, where one death equals one ticket, while the defenders have unlimited tickets.
  • And the classic, drive a tank into a group of enemies and jump out, giving them the tank.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 29, 2011

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The TF2 Halloween update screams griefing. All you do is kill people after the Monoculus (the Halloween boss this year) is killed and opens the portal to Loot Island, which is a map that rewards players with items after they go through it. Or go in there and kill people before they can exit. I've had it happen to me twice and I'm going to enact revenge by doing the same.

Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp

Zeether posted:

The TF2 Halloween update screams griefing. All you do is kill people after the Monoculus (the Halloween boss this year) is killed and opens the portal to Loot Island, which is a map that rewards players with items after they go through it. Or go in there and kill people before they can exit. I've had it happen to me twice and I'm going to enact revenge by doing the same.

And then there are the people who have collected all of the costume items from the haunted gifts, but they take more anyway because they don't want anyone else to have them. Usually one or two people will just keep getting more in a server while nobody else has even gotten one before. And then admins are in full support of it. Valve griefed me this year! The "trick" part of "trick or treat."

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Yaos posted:

Here's a much better one, in this one teamkilling is off but that does not mean you can't kill your teammates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN4qGR1NtvI

Some other fun things to do in Battlefield 3:
  • Shine your laser into the eyes of your teammates.
  • Not only can you block your teammates from moving, you can also push them around. Feel free to shove them into a hallways filled with bullets, or go prone and crawl under them.
  • Firing smoke at your teammates is always fun.
  • Run a 64 player server with Rush mode. In this mode the defenders have to defend two objectives and the attackers have to blow them up. The attackers have 100 tickets, where one death equals one ticket, while the defenders have unlimited tickets.
  • And the classic, drive a tank into a group of enemies and jump out, giving them the tank.

I don't play BF3, how is he getting those choppers down by shooting at them? I get that in the vehicles he exits the vehicle while its still in motion so the inertia isn't tied to a team and its just a world death (or whatever they call it), but I don't understand teamkilling the choppers..

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I don't play BF3, how is he getting those choppers down by shooting at them? I get that in the vehicles he exits the vehicle while its still in motion so the inertia isn't tied to a team and its just a world death (or whatever they call it), but I don't understand teamkilling the choppers..

The explosion unbalances them and they crash, making it look like they committed suicide.:tipshat:

eat it, nerd
VVVVVVVVVV

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

With friendly fire turned off, his explosives can't damage the helicopter but they still have a lot of force. Most pilots can't keep it in the air after getting a sudden jolt so close to the ground.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

This is some Yogscast-style Battlefield 3 griefing, in the vein of the last couple of vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQ-AFC_XXk

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Has this been posted already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKNGTsWCYmA

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Loving Life Partner posted:

Has this been posted already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKNGTsWCYmA

A few pages back, yeah

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Zeether posted:

...what the hell happened to the TF2 I once knew :psyduck:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

mcvey posted:

They made it interesting.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

There was also the infamous Sourcemod "speedhack" server exploit someone discovered. If I remember right it basically adjusted the player's timescale so it would make them run fast. A whole group of us did this on several servers and I remember at least one person with a NY accent yelling at us on mic.

It doesn't work anymore, of course.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 29, 2011

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

mcvey posted:

I stopped playing right before they started with the hats and store and poo poo, and at this point I'm not even going to try to get back into it.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

icantfindaname posted:

I stopped playing right before they started with the hats and store and poo poo, and at this point I'm not even going to try to get back into it.

It also became free to play and now it's even more worthless.

SORRY ZORAK: Cross post from Mount and Musket stuff.
I joined and started talking with everyone (which a bunch of serious players took as verbally trolling) and one guy in particular got super pissed at me when I started telling jokes, and vote kicked me. A bunch of his clan mates agreed so I was kicked, but I came right back, became a captain, and followed him the next round. He stopped to type so I shot him in the back and then stabbed him. I did this again, then the third round in I notice that a friendly cavalry man missed a lance charge, and that it was him. I'm flattered that he changed classes just to TK me, so I type "gj missing me bro" then I headshot him with a pistol at like 20 feet as he's speeding away. Then he quits as I'm typing "LOLOLOLOLOLOL" as fast as I can. It was spectacular.

Slappy Moose fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 29, 2011

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Please stick to talking about griefing, not whiny complaining about a game.

There's gimmick maps for the Halloween because Halloween itself is a giant gimmick, who cares.

Zorak fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 29, 2011

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If you're playing Battlefield 3, put a flashlight on your gun and run around shining it in your teammates eyes.

For reference, this is what it will look like:

If you have a nice mouse that can set up macros you can create a nice strobe macro that turns the flashlights on and off very quickly. My mouse is very basic so I just did this;

Works really well with pistols.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I have yet to try the game, but since there is one 'toggle' command rather than separate 'on' and 'off' commands you could try binding it to the scroll wheel and just running it up and down. Disco time!

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Wild T posted:

I have yet to try the game, but since there is one 'toggle' command rather than separate 'on' and 'off' commands you could try binding it to the scroll wheel and just running it up and down. Disco time!
with my mouse I can actually click a button and it will have like no friction on the wheel at all, it would be perfect for this.

Almanac
Mar 16, 2008

OLD SCHOOL
Almost everything in that last griefing video was stuff you could do in BF2 as well. The "jump-out jeep" is classic, but really easy to defend against.

Out of curiosity, what was used to record that video? I'm having no luck getting FRAPS working with BF3.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
World of Warcraft

A couple of years ago, World of Warcraft introduced a "Dungeon Finder," designed to simplify and streamline access to the game's many instanced dungeons. Previously, if a player wanted to visit a dungeon such as the Wailing Caverns, he had to find four other players of the right character classes and builds, get every one of them to travel perhaps the world's distance to the entrance to the Wailing Caverns, and then hope that they weren't complete, thieving douchenozzles bent on ruining the dungeon for everybody else.

The Dungeon Finder greatly improves access to dungeons, by grouping five qualified dungeoneers together and teleporting them straight into the entrance to their chosen dungeon once everybody is ready. All you have to do is specify your character as being one of three types (Tanking, Healing, Damaging), specify what dungeons you're interested in, and wait to be matched with fellow players.

The system's still miserably flawed, or at least it was last time I was playing. If your character is only capable of filling a "Damaging" role you're stuck in a very long queue, sometimes waiting for hours before you're finally placed in a group because there aren't enough tanks or healers who want to visit the same dungeon you do. On the other hand, if you're a tank and you have a friend who's a healer, then literally seconds after you click on the dungeon you're interested in, you're matched to a group and the dungeon begins.

The group you're matched to always consists of you, your friend, and three nonessential pubbies whom you've never seen before and will never see again. If one gets enraged and leaves for whatever reason, he is instantly replaced by another pubbie. You see where I'm going with this.

Any time I and a healer friend were bored, we'd just group up, enter the dungeon finder, and get instantly dropped into a dungeon with three pubbies who had been waiting for hours for this chance. These pubbies would then be hostage to whatever the gently caress we wanted to do and/or force them to do. You can extort valuable loot from the pubbies, force them to drink themselves blind before you allow the dungeon to progress, place rules/conditions on their participation in the group, get them killed in a variety of ways, or just hang out at the dungeon entrance and chat. The possibilities are endless, and if both of you somehow get kicked out, you can just enter the Dungeon Finder and do the same thing to another group of pubbies seconds later.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.

Brick Moses posted:

World of Warcraft

A couple of years ago, World of Warcraft introduced a "Dungeon Finder," designed to simplify and streamline access to the game's many instanced dungeons. Previously, if a player wanted to visit a dungeon such as the Wailing Caverns, he had to find four other players of the right character classes and builds, get every one of them to travel perhaps the world's distance to the entrance to the Wailing Caverns, and then hope that they weren't complete, thieving douchenozzles bent on ruining the dungeon for everybody else.

The Dungeon Finder greatly improves access to dungeons, by grouping five qualified dungeoneers together and teleporting them straight into the entrance to their chosen dungeon once everybody is ready. All you have to do is specify your character as being one of three types (Tanking, Healing, Damaging), specify what dungeons you're interested in, and wait to be matched with fellow players.

The system's still miserably flawed, or at least it was last time I was playing. If your character is only capable of filling a "Damaging" role you're stuck in a very long queue, sometimes waiting for hours before you're finally placed in a group because there aren't enough tanks or healers who want to visit the same dungeon you do. On the other hand, if you're a tank and you have a friend who's a healer, then literally seconds after you click on the dungeon you're interested in, you're matched to a group and the dungeon begins.

The group you're matched to always consists of you, your friend, and three nonessential pubbies whom you've never seen before and will never see again. If one gets enraged and leaves for whatever reason, he is instantly replaced by another pubbie. You see where I'm going with this.

Any time I and a healer friend were bored, we'd just group up, enter the dungeon finder, and get instantly dropped into a dungeon with three pubbies who had been waiting for hours for this chance. These pubbies would then be hostage to whatever the gently caress we wanted to do and/or force them to do. You can extort valuable loot from the pubbies, force them to drink themselves blind before you allow the dungeon to progress, place rules/conditions on their participation in the group, get them killed in a variety of ways, or just hang out at the dungeon entrance and chat. The possibilities are endless, and if both of you somehow get kicked out, you can just enter the Dungeon Finder and do the same thing to another group of pubbies seconds later.

As it should be. I was a paladin tank and my room mate was a shaman healer. We were both very good and knew all the pulls etc. My brother was shaman dps. So the 3 of us were pretty much all we needed, and could out vote anything. The other 2 dps just made things faster at best. On the rare occasions when we got good dps we were glad to treat them nicely. But the second someone isnt pulling their weight, accuses me of not holding aggro, my mate of not healing or whatever. Then we gently caress with them. Our favorite tactics were to just need on everything and let particularly annoying pubbies die by not healing them and letting them pull aggro off my tank.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Role Playing in WoW is enough to incite anger in people alone. I have been experimenting a bit with it and have concluded walking everywhere as a tank will piss them of enough to vote kick you.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Soulex posted:

Role Playing in WoW is enough to incite anger in people alone. I have been experimenting a bit with it and have concluded walking everywhere as a tank will piss them of enough to vote kick you.

Anything will piss everyone in WOW off. Hell, just existing can piss people off.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Soulex posted:

Especially funny since by kicking you they are dooming themselves to another hour in queue.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dross posted:

Especially funny since by kicking you they are dooming themselves to another hour in queue.

If someone gets kicked or leaves, it lets you leave the group without penalty afterwards. Or at least that was the case last time I played.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Zaodai posted:

If someone gets kicked or leaves, it lets you leave the group without penalty afterwards. Or at least that was the case last time I played.

Right, but if they're DPS they're gonna have a ridiculous queue anyway.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dross posted:

Right, but if they're DPS they're gonna have a ridiculous queue anyway.

Probably. That's why I always made a friend tank for me. :eng101:

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

Dross posted:

Well, groups already in the dungeon have priority over groups in queue for replacement members, so unless it's the middle of the night or something even a tank gets replaced fairly quickly.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Soulex posted:

Is this walking as opposed to running or is there some twist to this like you're role playing an M1 Abrams?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

In addition to being griefing, it's also insanely fun. Starting writing prose in combat so that people wonder why you are standing completely still when you're supposed to heal them and then after they are dead, you suddenly spout this long line of flowery dialog about bringing people's health up and then you heal their corpse followed by a "woops!"

The best part is when they are absolutely relying on you to keep them healed while they take on a boss a few levels higher than them and they all die and you are the only left to deal the final blow on the boss and get all the loot.

Then I wrote "I'm sorry, I was looking at pictures." They never quite let that one go.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Honestly, WoW was one of the hardest games to feel like someone griefed me in. Particularly in an instance. It's much easier to write off someone doing most of the above griefs as a retard (of which there are plenty) than actually being any kind of decent grief.

Hanlon's Razor and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Most MMORPG's actually applies to that. The above was done in Runes of Magic, actually, and most of my roleplaying was done in Neverwinter Nights.

But NWN definitely had ways to grief and let you know you were griefing. I was usually more often the victim of griefing than the performer though, playing a blind(lacking skills, not actually blind) elven cleric.

I did end up joining the biggest griefing guild on my server and had friends who used Pick Pocket to grief newbies and high-level players and me as a cleric ended up being the strong-arm that sort of reinforced their misadventures gone wrong.

Being killed and getting all your precious powerful items stolen sucked big time though.

• Locked thread