Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

A5H posted:

Are there any super grippy R3/R2 cars? Like in F3 the gumpert/fxx/mosler were all unreal, now not so much. Really struggling.

I've started using the Pagani Zonda R for R2, it's really grippy.

e: Have a screenshot of my Noble M600 tearing up R3 class for the new page.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

The comments...god, they're always insufferable. It's like the people who bought a PS3 in 2006 for GT5 think if they say Forza 4 is an "arcade racer" enough times it'll be true. They need it to be true.

Worst part being, based soley on that video, I genuinely can't see any reason to prefer one game over the other. The interiors look identical, the vehicle behavior appears to be identical, the only real difference is GT5 decided to go super green, Forza went for fog.

I guess the hud is different too. :ohdear:

Really all it comes down to is the "other stuff", like which console a guy owns, or whether the user interface outside of racing is any good.

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!

Hey guys want some toy Gumperts?

Was playing earlier and started thinking, what mistakes if any, have you found while playing Forza, whether it be with the cars or tracks?

For example:
-The 2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary has the wrong wheels. (Regular Camaro wheels as opposed to 35th Anniversary wheels)

-Last time I played a NASCAR game was probably 8 years ago so it might have changed but I remember NASCAR stock cars having 4 gears, not 6

What else is out there? I'm really curious.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There are cars with mistakes in them, but what's there isn't really worth noticing.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
So I made a Camping World Truck Series setup for us Goons to race. It's called Goonsmen Trucks, it's in strefront. Just search Goonsmen and make the make GMC Trucks.

:911:

e: If you're in GISH, theres one in the garage.

Shogunner fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 29, 2011

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

xzzy posted:

Really all it comes down to is the "other stuff", like which console a guy owns, or whether the user interface outside of racing is any good.
I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it was hard to have fun playing GT5. After enjoying GT4 so much, the jump to 5 just seemed off for some reason.

I find Forza 4 to be a much more enjoyable game to play because I don't have to gently caress about trying to find this or that option in some retarded menu, and I don't have to wait for a specific car to show up in the used car lot so I can complete a race series.

I never played GT5 online, but the single player mode between these two games isn't even a competition, Forza blows GT away.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Nice work, despite the loving Syclone badges being unremovable.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Internet Victory posted:

-Last time I played a NASCAR game was probably 8 years ago so it might have changed but I remember NASCAR stock cars having 4 gears, not 6

What else is out there? I'm really curious.

They do have 4 gears. You're probably using an upgraded prize car that has the 6 gear race transmission.

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!

I said come in! posted:

There are cars with mistakes in them, but what's there isn't really worth noticing.

Well, like what? For a car sim I'm interested to know what they got wrong. It's a topic of conversation.

L_Harrison posted:

They do have 4 gears. You're probably using an upgraded prize car that has the 6 gear race transmission.

Ah yes that would be it.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Brownie posted:

Fanatec :words:

Where in TO did you buy the wheel? I've been thinking about ordering the CSR package but don't want to order it from the states, thanks in advance.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
yay Datsuns!

Really wish I could put in a black interior though. :(

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Trap Star posted:

Where in TO did you buy the wheel? I've been thinking about ordering the CSR package but don't want to order it from the states, thanks in advance.

It's this place called Simulation 1 Systems in Markham, here's their website:
http://simulation1.ca/index.php?route=common/home

You can probably pre-order the CSR stuff at their warehouse location. Also if you do go please give the guy there poo poo for not updating the pay-pal payment option yet, as everything's still in USD even though I told them that it makes no sense (all the prices on the website are in CDN). Or don't tell them poo poo and just order once the CDN dollar recovers a bit.

EDIT They told me that they're a "Certified Fanatec Dealership" but on the website it stats that they don't sell their products to retailers and everything is only available through the webstore... maybe that isn't the case for Canada since otherwise we'd have to pay duties out the rear end?

Brownie fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 29, 2011

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm going to go ahead and remove myself from GISH. I still want to get in on goon races from time to time, but between Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, and yet another Mass Effect playthrough, I'm just not playing enough Forza and it sounds like people are waiting for open spots. I still have some of you on my friend list so it shouldn't be too hard to get in to goon races from time to time, I imagine.

Race more E class, too.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
I am the EUSCAR champion!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Jarf posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWAbwE_eM0k
Here's one demonstrating the dangers of racing muscle cars on Maple Valley.

Full video of that race here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAuQKyo1AnQ

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Shogunner posted:

I am the EUSCAR champion!

wait, why did you post a picture of Justin Beiber?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

I said come in! posted:

Like the Fiesta's rear window wiper fluid nozzle not being modeled or textured. Unless the Euro version didn't have one or something.

I did get a kick out of the fact that the aftermarket front and rear bumpers you can buy for it are actually the US-spec ones, though!

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

ChocNitty posted:

DORIAL GREEN BECKHAM.

No idea who this guy is. But I wish I could make a livery with my face on it.

Wee Bairns posted:

That's drat impressive.

Ringo Star Get posted:

I would pay someone to make a vinyl of my face.

I wouldn't get too excited unless there's confirmation of it being legit. There are save editors in the wild already, so if liveries are stored similarly to how they were on older versions it should be possible to insert just about any image you want. The only question is how long it takes T10 to notice and grab the banhammer.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA1Ut44vQtI

I made a thing.

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009

Nice job, too bad there's not a '73 Chevelle in the game... (or was it a Malibu? So god drat similar). Drive was amazing

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

wolrah posted:

I wouldn't get too excited unless there's confirmation of it being legit. There are save editors in the wild already, so if liveries are stored similarly to how they were on older versions it should be possible to insert just about any image you want. The only question is how long it takes T10 to notice and grab the banhammer.

I'd kill for the ability to upload an image directly as a vinyl group. Even if it was only through Turn10's site and had a mandatory screening for banned content.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's never going to happen. You can't pay someone enough to sift through pictures of goatse all day. Unless they banned gamertags, and you needed gold to do it. There would still be people uploading goatse.

maximadigital
Jul 24, 2008

semi-iconic

FWIW, this is beautiful

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

1. Marry me
2. Give me that car
3. gently caress you for making me buy a capture card

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I step away from this game for a week to play Arkham City and Battlefield 3, come back and all goons are smoking me. Getting like last place, when I used to be in the top half!

But its still fun, so that's okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:v:

:japan:

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 30, 2011

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Finally got to have my first goon races in FM4. They were just as good as I remembered from the previous games. Nothing like playing spec races with horrible boutique supercars.

My GT is Fresh Clam. WHERE DA BENTRON ROOMS AT?!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Some dudes need to learn the difference between being ribbed and being insulted :frogbon:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Captain Howdy :ohdear:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

hitze posted:

Captain Howdy :ohdear:
I enjoyed racing with you guys! You can rib me or insult me, I can take it. Let's do it again.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 30, 2011

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I said come in! posted:

So I've been wondering about this for a while, but are these anime cars real? I.E. Do they exist?

E: Dumb question, it's Japan, of course it exists. Is it pretty prevalent though?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Lyer posted:

So I've been wondering about this for a while, but are these anime cars real? I.E. Do they exist?

E: Dumb question, it's Japan, of course it exists. Is it pretty prevalent though?

Oh they're very real

Super GT/JGTC has always been host to some very interesting liveries, you should check it out.

blodycoughbynewport posted:

1. Marry me
2. Give me that car
3. gently caress you for making me buy a capture card

You're welcome :v:
If anyone wants Kavinskycar, it's in my storefront. Search for Sunday Crunch. This reminds me I still haven't got around to watching Drive...

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Dude that's a great livery!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Kachunkachunk posted:

Dude that's a great livery!
agreed. I'm goin to have to buy a testarossa just to be able to use it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I said come in! posted:

:v:

Did you make these? I want to get the real one from GT300 or whatever it's called now.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Lyer posted:

Anime is real.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A5H posted:

Did you make these? I want to get the real one from GT300 or whatever it's called now.

Nah, i'm not talented at all. :(

But yeah, the SuperGT in Japan, I think, is the best racing series that exists right now. It's very competitive and has some very close racing. The only problem is there is no english commentary, but it's still a lot of fun to watch.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Falken I like this symbiotic tuning/painting thing we've got going on :buddy:

The Z is a beast in C class, nice job.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Anyone want to play some games online? Let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I swear to god I WILL someday make a clean lap around the 'ring in the trackday rivals event.

edit: yussss :smug:

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 30, 2011

• Locked thread