Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yes we nyan
Aug 17, 2007

ha, ha, haaa~

alr posted:

"Nyascar" hahaha

Did you do those liveries, or were they storefront purchases? Because if they were done by you you'd have to be rich as gently caress by now.

The ones I've done (i.e. the ones that aren't as good) all have my nyan plate and Tomizawa 48 racenumber on it. Others are bought. Slowly practicing to make better and more interesting stuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Request to join GISH sent.
GT: betterinsodapop

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Shogunner posted:

V8's own god drat

We need a goon 16 man v8's race sometime.

What is he doing :stare:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Another great start to a great race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzGglsjsLo

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
So, I made a 2000GTR, and it owns so loving hard it's incredible. I've been beating top poo poo tuned A600's on pretty any track all day. It's so grippy, light, and fast, probably the best A class I've ever driven.

I'm selling the 2nd one I made for starting bid of 30k right now, it's an 8 hour auction, buyout at 150k. Guarantee you won't be disappointed, it's a loving beast. Look for it on Auction House, sold by SHoGuNN3R.

Also, Mr.Bond, I laughed way harder than I should of.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Shogunner posted:

So, I made a 2000GTR, and it owns so loving hard it's incredible. I've been beating top poo poo tuned A600's on pretty any track all day. It's so grippy, light, and fast, probably the best A class I've ever driven.

I'm selling the 2nd one I made for starting bid of 30k right now, it's an 8 hour auction, buyout at 150k. Guarantee you won't be disappointed, it's a loving beast. Look for it on Auction House, sold by SHoGuNN3R.

Also, Mr.Bond, I laughed way harder than I should of.

With how quickly this game throws money at you, 150k is peanuts for a buyout. Snagged this, will be testing it against my usual skylines sometime tomorrow

e: can you gift me the car with the tuning unlocked so I can compare a few things? it does indeed drive quite nicely. Do you drive with any assists on?

Trap Star fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 1, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Look at all of that anime. :japan:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sell me that tune guy.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Trap Star posted:

e: can you gift me the car with the tuning unlocked so I can compare a few things? it does indeed drive quite nicely. Do you drive with any assists on?

Err sure, gift it back homie. Also, no I don't drive with assists.

e: Add me to friends too probably it's SHoGuNN3R

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

xzzy posted:

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkcKov86EAA
Might want to delete those top comments so it doesn't defeat the point for anyone who watches it now :mad:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Falken posted:

Pause replay, use right trigger to go into very very slow motion.

Sure, but how do I trigger them consistently?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pumped for the new DLC tomorrow. Xbox Live Marketplace usually updates early in the morning?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Usually 2-3 AM west coast time.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I know there's a few Aussies in the relevant clubs, I don't know about them but I always seem to be on at times where there's not a lot of others on. (drat timezones)

If we have numbers would you guys be interested in an AU goon club? If we get some of the people from the other clubs on friends lists it we can always have multi club races during low times.

If there's enough interest, ill back out of GISH and start up FAGS (Forza Aussie GoonS) and we'll go from there.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Puddin posted:

I know there's a few Aussies in the relevant clubs, I don't know about them but I always seem to be on at times where there's not a lot of others on. (drat timezones)

If we have numbers would you guys be interested in an AU goon club? If we get some of the people from the other clubs on friends lists it we can always have multi club races during low times.

If there's enough interest, ill back out of GISH and start up FAGS (Forza Aussie GoonS) and we'll go from there.
Yes. God yes. I can never find ANY aussies to race against let a lone goons. Sign me up.

alr
May 14, 2009
Yeah, I'd be up for that. Back to working normal hours so free most nights 8ish aest til around 11. The only thing I can really do in LLJK at the moment is take up space and post Rivals times.

Basil Brush
Jul 21, 2008

boom boom

Puddin posted:

I'm definitely interested. Should probably make a rule though: no southern cross decals.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC is available now.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Any other Australians are welcome to friend me for timezone-compatible racing! GT is Sunday Crunch.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Welcome to our newest club, AFGS!

Australian Forza Goons rejoice!

Couldn't have FAGS as there's a naughty word in the title apparently.

We're in the GMT+10/11ish timezone, all are welcome.

Basil Brush posted:

I'm definitely interested. Should probably make a rule though: no southern cross decals.

Truer words nary be spoken.

Added you Sunday Punch. (no I haven't xbl is being lame)

Feel free to add my GT : Puddin23.

Annnnnd it seems like xbl has taken a giant poo poo on itself. Can't add people or monies to get the season pass.

Lame.

Awesome, it just ate my ms points and now I have no season pass or points.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 1, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here, have some boring screenshots of a few of the new cars;

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Sunday Punch posted:

Any other Australians are welcome to friend me for timezone-compatible racing! GT is Sunday Crunch.
Added you as t3hsid. Any aussies can add me as well.

Puddin posted:

Feel free to add my GT : Puddin23.
Added you, too.
*edit*
And requested to join the club! Lets party.

tehsid fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 1, 2011

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I love your flandre Z. :3:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
t3hsid, my live is being super wonky and I can't accept your request. I'll add you when it starts working again.

Can't even access the community section of Forza.

E: now I can, Congrats T3hsid, you get to be co-leader!

Puddin fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 1, 2011

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Puddin posted:

t3hsid, my live is being super wonky and I can't accept your request. I'll add you when it starts working again.

Can't even access the community section of forza.
Np bud. I understand. Mines working alright, but its dropping ever few minutes.

*edit*
Why thank you kind sir!

*edit 2*
Is there any reason why I can't see other people rival ghost cars? Should I not be able too or is something gone tits up on my end?

And replays. Why can't I save/view replays from races I've done in single player. Again, is it something I'm missing, or is the option just not there at all?

tehsid fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Nov 1, 2011

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
You got a HDD? I had the same problem till I smashed my old phat HDD shell to pieces and just jammed the HDD in my new slim.

It's funny cause when you rewind a race as well, without the drive in, it just skips back to the point, with the drive in it goes in reverse time.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Puddin posted:

You got a HDD? I had the same problem till I smashed my old phat HDD shell to pieces and just jammed the HDD in my new slim.

It's funny cause when you rewind a race as well, without the drive in, it just skips back to the point, with the drive in it goes in reverse time.
Hmm. Funny you say that, as I have the slim 4 gb (only picked it up for this) with a 500gb portable HDD plugged into it. Might very well be the problem...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Welp. Looks like I have to make a livery based off my local county sheriff cars now to replicate the one we have.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That '57 Chev is mighty tempting.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

tehsid posted:

Hmm. Funny you say that, as I have the slim 4 gb (only picked it up for this) with a 500gb portable HDD plugged into it. Might very well be the problem...

Yeah, I think you have to have an actual internal HDD, I had a 8 gb usb stick plugged in and it wouldn't save replays.

I was in the same boat, I tried to get the old case apart, stripped all the screws and just absolutely demolished the case pulling it apart.

Good times.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

T1g4h posted:

Welp. Looks like I have to make a livery based off my local county sheriff cars now to replicate the one we have.

I wonder if the push bar is removable like the other cars with removable bumpers.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

It's an extra option in the front bumper section. You can do stock front, what looks like the police front end off my county sheriff's car, the same front end with that pushbar, and the typical racing front end.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

It needs to be on my General Lee.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

T1g4h posted:

It's an extra option in the front bumper section. You can do stock front, what looks like the police front end off my county sheriff's car, the same front end with that pushbar, and the typical racing front end.

Oh that makes sense. I like that they have a pretty good selection of body kits and what not, I just wish you could paint the Forza aero instead of being stuck with carbon fibre.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

So how do people with the Season Pass download the car pack? I feel retarded right now. I go to the Marketplace (within FM4) and I don't even see the November pack listed. If I go to the Marketplace on the Dashboard, it wants to charge me (and even says "If you have the season pass, do not buy, you will be charged again"). Do I have to wait for the FM4 servers to catch up to the XBL ones or something?

I just want my Aventador dammit!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Humerus posted:

So how do people with the Season Pass download the car pack? I feel retarded right now. I go to the Marketplace (within FM4) and I don't even see the November pack listed. If I go to the Marketplace on the Dashboard, it wants to charge me (and even says "If you have the season pass, do not buy, you will be charged again"). Do I have to wait for the FM4 servers to catch up to the XBL ones or something?

I just want my Aventador dammit!

Yeah, it should be in the Marketplace within FM4. Once it is, select any of the new cars, and it'll give you the option to download the pack and it will be free (I did it with the first pack - American muscle cars).

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Well I went back to the Dashboard Marketplace and downloaded the free car, then went into FM4 and now the pack is there. I don't know if it was neccessary to download the Scirocco, but either way I have my Aventador now!

Non-related edit: Can someone link me to that Google Docs spreadsheet of the event list sorted by track? I'm getting super paranoid of running races on the wrong tracks and having to repeat them :tinfoil:
Editedit: Looked through again and found it this time (http://goo.gl/jyJhW). I was searching the thread via Ctrl+F for "google" then I thought "Maybe it wasn't a google doc?"
And of course it is, but the URL isn't! :argh:

Humerus fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 1, 2011

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Jarf posted:

e: also, this is definitely the furthest I have gone on two wheels without tipping the car over. I had it balanced like that until I hit the kerb on the next corner which righted my car and let me carry on.

I remember that turn, that is the turn where I would flip my Focus every time I got to it if I touched the curb.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

yes we nyan posted:

I've received mentions of my anime cars throughout, so I thought I'd dump a metric ton of my collection of anime cars here for everyone to either :fap: or :smith: over.
Here goes!

Anime cars, huh?

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

you might want to timg that poo poo man

• Locked thread