Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OIL! OIL! OIL!
Apr 12, 2009

I just stumbled upon this site http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/girlfriend.aspx
Basically a messageboard about every nfl player. But more importantly they have sections devoted to every nfl player's girlfriend.Actually they also write about the player individually and its a goldmine of terribleness.

"on carson Palmer posted:

Carson palmer sucks a dedicated fan of raiders he has no arm no accuraccy he is not even nfl material I think he needs to go back to the basic fundamentals. I would love to meet him so I could kick right in the squirt box. Cambells not the best qb but palmer make him look great. It like he doesn't even practice or care. Soless qb carson palmer.

But uh, a lot of the girlfriend posts are creepy and obsessive.

on Sebastian Janikowski posted:

Ive been looking for Sebastian and watching him kick and support Oakland Raiders for 6 years. He is a great kicker and the suck forum needs to watch every game. I hope I get to spend time with him. I want to be his girlfriend.
Its just bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This is from the Football Outsiders' "Audibles at the Line" comment section re: Ravens/Steelers:

"The discussion in the audible was a direct result of the officiating on the field. It was biased by an incredible amount in favor of the Ravens. Were the officiating perfect that game would have been a blowout in favor of the Steelers. It was a disgrace."

:raise: That's some straightup delusion right there.

terrin
May 10, 2005

AndrewP posted:

This is from the Football Outsiders' "Audibles at the Line" comment section re: Ravens/Steelers:

"The discussion in the audible was a direct result of the officiating on the field. It was biased by an incredible amount in favor of the Ravens. Were the officiating perfect that game would have been a blowout in favor of the Steelers. It was a disgrace."

I heard some similar talk from callers on NFL radio yesterday. It's crazy.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

AndrewP posted:

Yeah, I like how they forget that Rice had two touchdowns taken away on the first drive on questionable calls. The officiating in that game was bad, but both teams got equally screwed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I was about to say. Rice was robbed of that long TD run so Steelers fans complaining about officiating is hilarious to me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Not from a forum, but I heard this on WEEI earlier today.

"Don't you think they should have given Haynesworth more of a chance? Now he's on the Bucs, and you know you're going to have to face him in the Super Bowl."

:aaa:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Quiet Feet posted:

"Don't you think they should have given Haynesworth more of a chance? Now he's on the Bucs, and you know you're going to have to face him in the Super Bowl."

Apparently, Haynesworth flopped so hard that he tore through the time-space continuum and landed in 2003.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

How did Ordway react to that?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Charlz Guybon posted:

How did Ordway react to that?

There was a long awkward silence following that statement.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

quote:

I'd rather lose with Sherman than win with Miles, but my life isn't changed by the actions of a bunch of 20 year olds on Saturday in the fall. Too many on this board have their ego/self-worth bound up in the success or failure of Aggie football.

I agree we are paying too much to Sherman for what we got on the field this year, but I'll take the class person that he is over Les Miles any day.

If ya'll haven't been reading TexAgs for the last 24 hours you've been missing out.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Here's a gem from the Bills board. In fairness, this is far below the intellectual standard of even the countless threads blaming Steve Johnson and the handful pinning today's loss to the Jets on Ryan Fitztragic. Even the posters who uphold Mark Sanchez as an example of an effective quarterback can look down smugly upon the man who would defend Bills Defensive Coordinator George Edwards.

quote:

The D here has been lousy for years and look at what garbage he has to work with now.

Recent busts like Troup, Carrington and Batten don't have the quickness or muscle to stop the run or rush the passer. Veterans Kelsay, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Kirk Morrison, Andra Davis, Bryan Scott and McKelvin don't have anything near starting NFL talent and again just aren't physical enough to make an impact.

You can draw up all the blitz packages you want but if the players don't have that first step our muscle to make plays it doesn't matter. This is a very, very weak group which past and present stats confirm.

Give George a break!

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
From a G+ argument I'm in with somebody about Gods Chosen Son. I'm arguing that the Broncos defense is why they're winning games, not Tebow.

Counterargument

posted:

No QB wins without a team around him. But the QB is the leader of the team and John Elway was a great example of that. There are tons of QB's that are/were gifted physically, but the ones that can lead - usually end up with rings. Tebow wouldn't be THE reason they won/lost a super bowl, but he's showing he has the ability to believe he can do it -- despite what others think.

He doesn't need to be a MVP to get the job done.

I've seen alot of great defensive teams not be able to win a superbowl because they didn't have a leader.

I'm not a Denver fan or even a Tim Tebow fan - but winning is something you can't deny. They are finding ways to win with Tim Tebow at QB, so you don't focus on fixing what ain't broke. I'm sure the defense ain't complaining about Tebow.

Yes that one missing piece was a leader :stare:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't find that I fall into that category. I praise Tebow not because he's a great QB. I praise him because he is exposing the hypocracy that is the NFL analyst and average fan. Why is Newton who has the same flaws as tebow save for maybe arm strength considered the most exciting player in the NFL right now and losing while Tebow isn't good enough to play QB in the NFL? They are, essentially, the same player. By the by, if you think Newton is an accurate passer, you clearly haven't watched him play.

Sure he makes some nice throws but most of his stuff is not on target.

PendingForaBending
Dec 30, 2005

How Bout Them Cowboys.

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Yes that one missing piece was a leader :stare:

And that leaders name was Von Miller.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I don't find that I fall into that category. I praise Tebow not because he's a great QB. I praise him because he is exposing the hypocracy that is the NFL analyst and average fan. Why is Newton who has the same flaws as tebow save for maybe arm strength considered the most exciting player in the NFL right now and losing while Tebow isn't good enough to play QB in the NFL? They are, essentially, the same player. By the by, if you think Newton is an accurate passer, you clearly haven't watched him play.

Cam Newton's pass velocity, accuracy, decision making speed, and release speed are radically superior to Tebow's. It's not even a question.

edit: oh, i just saw what thread this was. my mistake.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His accuracy is not really that much better. They are both erratic and both sometimes throw beautifully accurate passes.

The rest is beyond true. Newton is 10 times faster releasing the ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Cam Newton's pass velocity, accuracy, decision making speed, and release speed are radically superior to Tebow's. It's not even a question.

edit: oh, i just saw what thread this was. my mistake.

There's also Cam throwing above a 60% completion clip with Tebow rocking <50 this year. I don't even know what sparked it, I guess they both run more than the average guy and are from the SEC?

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
If the NFL wants to keep Pittsburgh out of the hunt for number Seven then they should just suspend the whole defense. This is getting out of control with "The Duke" (and seriously who gives THEMSELVES a nickname???) . Goodell needs to watch some game film from time to time instead of focusing solely on James Harrison. If you remember the Steelers Ratbirds game at the beginning of the year Ray Lewis (a murderer who lets his friends take the fall for him SB in Atlanta anyone???) leveled a "defenseless" Hines Ward and there was no flag no fine NOTHING!!! Goodell get off of Modell's rear end and just let the players play!!!!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Claw Massage posted:

Ratbirds
Nice. Bonus points for the dozen or so ? and ! in that post too.

And if you're seriously bitching about Harrison getting a suspension that's a few years overdue, :frogout:

E: oh god I didn't realize what thread I was in. :downs: I'll leave this here so you can laugh at me, though.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 14, 2011

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

edit for edit

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Never change, ESPN.com commentators.

quote:

Let's be realistic here, Colt McCoy is just as culpable here, he HAD to have know he was in bad shape and lied about it, OR truly didn't have symptoms until post game. Either was the staff is not at fault, concussions are very touchy and everyone wants to act like they are black and white., they aren't.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 19, 2011

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

haljordan posted:

Never change, ESPN commentators.

what in the gently caress

was this said on air or is there a link?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

No Safe Word posted:

what in the gently caress

was this said on air or is there a link?

Sorry, I meant that was a random commentator on the ESPN website regarding McCoy. NOT an actual on-air personality.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Oh that's a very confusing usage of the word "commentator" then.

Mach Won
Jun 17, 2004

Is UNC playing? My post is either whining about (1) ref favoritism, (2) unfair recruiting/player caliber, (3) opposing team sucking or (4) the inevitable UNC win. The day you see me giving UNC credit for anything is the day someone hacked my account.

Roy era: 1-16 :qq: RIVALS!!!!!

No Safe Word posted:

Oh that's a very confusing usage of the word "commentator" then.

The whole thing is a lot more fun if you imagine Corso, Holtz, and Bayless posting comments

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yeah I also got this thread and the horrible sports journalism thread mixed up so it was even more confusing :downs:

Here's another ESPN comment on an article about whether or not Jimmy Rollins is in defensive decline:

quote:

Okay, I realize that I don't get the whole sabermetrics thing. I admit it. But how can anyone who watched Jimmy Rollins play say he isn't one of the best defensive shortstops in the game?

I'm sorry, but I'll believe my eyes before I believe some statistic.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

quote:

yes we (the broncos) haven't been affected by tim tebows play at all. only morally has he gone 7-3 as an NFL starting QB. he has done absolutely nothing on the field to help us. as for our TEAM, they just decided to start playing "near perfect" football when we swapped QB's. If you look back to when we were 1-4 in the 5 games Orton started, 4 of those games were decided by 1 possession. Some players are winners, some aren't. Orton=1-4, Tebow=7-3 this season with the SAME TEAM that had the #2 pick last year. The evidence isn't in the stats, it isn't in the "experts" or critics, it's in the wins and witnessed by any unbiased knowledgeable football fan when the game is on the line. Tim Tebow is a winner.

Why do I still go to NFL.com again?

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Martian Buddy posted:

Why do I still go to NFL.com again?

Because you are a loser and you want to become an unbiased knowledgeable football fan who can easily identify the criteria to be a winner, which isn't the stats, or the experts, or the critics, or the lack of morale, it's the wins.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

The best part about these kinds of posts are when they just flat-out make up some alternate reality that doesn't exist. What commentators are talking more about Cam Newton being exciting over Tebow?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

bananasinpajamas posted:

The best part about these kinds of posts are when they just flat-out make up some alternate reality that doesn't exist. What commentators are talking more about Cam Newton being exciting over Tebow?

All of them man, don't you hear the voices?

I hear them, and they taunt Tim Tebow and turn around to praise Cam Newton, they just won't shut up and leave me in peace.

The voices...the voices...the voices...the voices...STOP TAUNTING ME VOICES!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Welp, we have reached peak stupidity.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/874161-would-you-want-brian-schottenheimer-if-he-available.html

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

When even patsfans isn't biting, you know it's a terrible idea

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

This part:

:wtc: posted:

For once, I'd like to see the Pats really stick it to the Jets; Schottenheimer obviously has that team's offense figured out

Literally no one in the world thinks Schotty has the Jets' offense figured out

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

quote:

I've seen a lot of Jets games over the last few years, and I'll tell you that this guy is a very, very good offensive coordinator.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ancient threads from fan forums are always good sources of entertainment.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15435

quote:

I agree!, Cleo Lemon has a serious arm. Look at this closer guys...if Brees is let go for not taking us to the playoffs (I hope he can do it)...the new quarterback controversy next year is Lemon vs Rivers...Lemon has the rep time and knowedge in his favor, in addition to imposing physical characteristics...Rivers is good but has not proven anything...Let's give Brees a chance for now...Let's remember the QB in Kansas City that "WE" drafted...we always give people away, for them to become stars elsewhere...imagine what Tim Dwight or Erick Parker would be like in New England...it's the SYSTEM guys! We need shorter routes! quick dumps to the small guy and let him run.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ozu posted:

Ancient threads from fan forums are always good sources of entertainment.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15435

That was a pretty good assessment at the time.

Cleo Lemon rules.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
I have posted a few of KTurner317's posts from Mississippi State's rivals site in the past. Here are a few more:

kturner317 posted:

TSUN the Improbus

TSUN is void of characer, morals, Godliness, honesty, honor, pride, dignity, respectability, trustworthiness, inspiration, logic, consciounsess, awareness, and strength of fortitude...and they know it.

They should replace their Col Reb mascot with the Roman Emperor Commodus, as Commodus is a perfect manifestation of the TSUN mindset...cowardace, paranoid, shameless, wicked, delusional...and always scheming and lying to get ahead.

TSUN the Improbus...has a nice ring to it.

TSUN = That School Up North, a nickname for Ole Miss.

kturner317 posted:

Teflon TSUN days may be numbered if we ACT

To hell with sitting around on our thmbs every single year while TSUN and its corrupt network continue to buy recruits away from us. Every single person with half a brain knows what TSUN is up to...there is NO WAY these kids continue to commit to an inferior school with an inferior program year after year..and sometimes at the last minute inexpicably.

I, for one, am gonna do something about it. I am sending the NCAA a very detailed report with the information available to me on highly rated recruits that for some inexpicable reason keep switching to TSUN. Its not normal and I dont beieve its possible without some very strong influence, be that jobs, money, women, whatever.

Believe it or not, most NCAA investigations are triggered by anonymous tips on suspicious behavior from students, fans, alumni, players, etc sent to the NCAA compliance office.

I am sending such a letter to the NCAA of these strange patterns of highly rated recruits switching to TSUN for the past several years, and those of you who have information, be it rumor, reports, evidence, whatever you know, you should send in letters too. My letter will not be anonymous, but yours can if you wish. Enough of sitting around and bitching...its time to act.

You can use the link below for the process of sending in your information to the NCAA suspecting TSUN of cheating. Stop complaining about it...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. WRITE THE NCAA.

The smoke surrounding TSUN's progran is so thick..there has to be a fire somewhere there.

The NCAA will totally listen and launch an investigation based on your letter!

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

kturner317 posted:

I, for one, am gonna do something about it. I am sending the NCAA a very detailed report with the information available to me on highly rated recruits that for some inexpicable reason keep switching to TSUN. Its not normal and I dont beieve its possible without adopting these recruits.

Fixed that up.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Ben is not cool posted:

I have posted a few of KTurner317's posts from Mississippi State's rivals site in the past. Here are a few more:

TSUN = That School Up North, a nickname for Ole Miss.

The NCAA will totally listen and launch an investigation based on your letter!

I hope this guy calls them TSUN in his letter, like that Louisiana lawyer who got a trial postponed so he could watch the LSU-Ohio State national championship game and called Ohio State "Slowhio" in official court documents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

quote:

No offense but I was applaud bye a few things yesterday watching the Lions game first off I felt like I was watching the Packers take on the Saints not the Lions with all the A ROGERS AND DREW BREES commercials. Seriously could the NFL make it any more obvious who they're rooting for to reach the Championship game.

O yeah Faces of the game the quarterbacks guys like Brees, Rogers or Brady do teams actually even get a fair chance at these guys or there teams I watch these games and I feel like the Washington Generals vs the Globetrotters when it comes to the calls they get from the refs!!

No offense but seriously couldn't ya hid the fact you wanted certain match ups just a little bit!!

LIONS will win a playoff game and get its fair shake of calls when Stafford actually gets voted to a Pro Bowl and becomes one of the faces of the NFL mark it down that's when it will happen and not before!

• Locked thread