Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Buried alive posted:

Is this walking as opposed to running or is there some twist to this like you're role playing an M1 Abrams?
I know what my hunter is doing now. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Soulex posted:

I know what my hunter is doing now. Thanks.

Make sure you leave the raid every 4 minutes to go refuel. Those gas turbines have a terrible thirst.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Attempt to kill anything smaller than you by running it over rather than attacking. Oh, and only talk in rumbling noises.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I haven't played WoW in quite a while, but I can confirm that essentially anything you ever do can be construed as a grief in that game. My brother used to play a Protection paladin, meaning he was a tank - the huge beefy tough guy who gets up front and draws all the attention (and damage) away from the other party members so they can do their jobs. I played a warlock, which, regardless of build, is a DPS (damage per second) class, which is kind of self-explanatory. I chose the Destruction build, which allowed my evil gnome to do apocalyptic amounts of damage in a quite short period of time.

Aggro is the resource that tanks thrive on. Damaging enemies or healing allies produces aggro, and monsters will attack whichever character has generated the most aggro. This means that a really good tank is a valuable resource, since his alertness and high aggro generation can keep huge mobs of monsters corralled while the DPS characters go apeshit and annihilate everything. My brother was really, really, really good at tanking. Like really good. He was one of the few tanks who had a talent for coordinating other party members and playing to their strengths, and he was always patient, helpful, and polite (until someone bitched at him in broken English, anyway).

For this reason, our characters had a great synergy going. I would do an absolute fuckload of damage to everything nearby, and he would relentlessly stonewall anything that attacked me for producing too much aggro, which was essentially everything ever. We turned it into a semi-friendly competition - I'd make it my mission to steal aggro from him on his primary target (which was no mean feat), and he'd yell at me over Skype and rush to save my suicidal rear end and then build up too much aggro for me to steal the monster's focus again (each of which was also no mean feat). Our arms race just drove us to become better and better at our respective tasks, as we constantly tried to one-up one another.

Which brings me to the "grief." My brother successfully tanked us through a notoriously difficult endgame dungeon (one of the Icecrown Citadel ones, I think) while wearing the unbelievably lovely gear he'd gotten from random quests, which is vaguely comparable to winning a drag race on a lawn tractor. The final boss ended up killing everyone else in our party, then re-killing our healer when he used his self-resurrection ability. For once, my brother and I turned our experience in griefing one another to good use, and started trading aggro like madmen, sending the boss on a hilarious wild goose chase around the room - my brother would run around blocking hits and smacking the thing with his sword while I stole its health to heal myself, and then I'd make it mad at me and run away using teleports and defensive buffs while my brother hurriedly healed himself a bit. Eventually my brother died, and I clung to life until he used the Soulstone buff I'd placed on him, which lets someone resurrect themselves with a small portion of health and mana. He blew every last potion, ability, buff, and item he had, and narrowly managed to finish the boss off one-on-one.

If you're still waiting for the grief, you probably understand how confused we were when the other three players got angry with us. One of them bitched about needing to repair his equipment after dying, which was retarded because that dungeon handed out gold like candy. Another complained that being dead for half of the boss fight would hurt his numbers in the add-on program he used to track total party damage contribution, which was even more retarded because those numbers literally had no effect on anything, and nobody else in the party cared in the remotest. The healer whined that he didn't want to have to travel back to the instance as a ghost, which was maximally retarded because my brother was playing a paladin and paladins, like other healer classes, can resurrect people :psyduck:

The queue for the dungeon was like an hour long for most people, yet when my brother and I came along and blitzed these dudes through so they could get a pile of money and sweet endgame items, they bitched incessantly at us. We won in an unwinnable situation and they were furious because we hadn't won hard enough. The next time we ran a dungeon together, our healer threw a tantrum when he didn't win the roll for a dagger he wanted, sat down on the floor, refused to move, and tried to hold the run hostage until the guy who'd won the item handed it over to him. The run after that, we had a hunter who went around shooting at enemies we hadn't alerted yet, eventually got killed due to his stupidity, then had a meltdown of Biblical proportions and accused my brother and I of being gay lovers.

If I hadn't quit that game because of the tedium, I would have quit because of the playerbase. There is no greater grief than the self-inflicted grief of putting up with lovely entitled WoW players.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Is it WoW or is it the age of the players? Maybe it's because I'm playing a healer in Aion or that most people are 20+ on my server, but almost everyone I've grouped with so far has been exceptionally polite and forgiving.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
WoW definelty breeds a sense of entitlement with how easy everything is for you untill you hit the max level dungeons. Also in Aoin you know that if you piss people off then thats one less person who will group with you from a relatively small pool of people.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Hungry Gerbil posted:

Is it WoW or is it the age of the players? Maybe it's because I'm playing a healer in Aion or that most people are 20+ on my server, but almost everyone I've grouped with so far has been exceptionally polite and forgiving.

WoW is notorious for having one of the worst online communities at the moment, I'd say due in part to the appeal to a younger generation and how random LFD has affected the community by removing the need to take responsibility for your words and actions. There is virtually zero accountability. Other games like EQ2, Aion, DDO, etc. generally either have smaller knit communities or attract a different breed of player.

WoW isn't the only really terrible community. Personally, I still haven't decided which is the worst in my book: The Warcraft community, the DOTA/HoN community, or the fighter community. Can't forget Minecraft either. :negative:

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Tsurupettan posted:

WoW is notorious for having one of the worst online communities at the moment, I'd say due in part to the appeal to a younger generation and how random LFD has affected the community by removing the need to take responsibility for your words and actions. There is virtually zero accountability. Other games like EQ2, Aion, DDO, etc. generally either have smaller knit communities or attract a different breed of player.

WoW isn't the only really terrible community. Personally, I still haven't decided which is the worst in my book: The Warcraft community, the DOTA/HoN community, or the fighter community. Can't forget Minecraft either. :negative:

Honestly, it says something about MMO communities in general that the EVE Online community is considered one of the better ones in terms of this poo poo.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Tsurupettan posted:

Bolding mine because that's my vote. I have never seen so much nerd rage at the slightest error. It only gets worse because they're so intolerant of newbies that the community becomes more and more insular.

It is very easy in these types of games for one poor player to lose the game spectacularly for their team, and it definitely can be frustrating to have that guy on your team. The problem is that it causes so much rage from your teammates that you start being GLAD those assholes are going to lose, so you intentionally feed or whatever.

Dross fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 10, 2011

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dross posted:

Bolding mine because that's my vote. I have never seen so much nerd rage at the slightest error. It only gets worse because they're so intolerant of newbies that the community becomes more and more insular.

It is very easy in these types of games for one poor player to lose the game spectacularly for their team, and it definitely can be frustrating to have that guy on your team. The problem is that it causes so much rage from your teammates that you start being GLAD those assholes are going to lose, so you intentionally feed or whatever.
I have friends who play LoL, and most of the time, I've never seen them actually ENJOYING the game. They're usually screaming in anger, and even when they're winning they don't appear to be enjoying it. It's such a stressful game (I count all the DOTA-likes as one game).

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I have friends who play LoL, and most of the time, I've never seen them actually ENJOYING the game. They're usually screaming in anger, and even when they're winning they don't appear to be enjoying it. It's such a stressful game (I count all the DOTA-likes as one game).

I run this LoL-related site. They don't seem mad at all.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Biowarfare posted:

Oh holy poo poo, this is the best way to spend my last day of work this week.

quote:

ReportedPlayer[All] [04:57:42]: im ur worst nightmare
ReportedPlayer[All] [04:57:51]: im....BATMAN
ReportedPlayer[All] [04:57:58]: i. am. the. knight.

*Death here*

Enemy1[All] [04:58:30]: RIDDLE ME THIS BATMAN
ReportedPlayer[All] [05:02:34]: bullshit
ReportedPlayer[All] [05:02:37]: gently caress u sandniggers

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Biowarfare posted:

quote:

fed us then stayed in jungle talking in /all chat and i quote "i am the king of jungle" then someting about a jungle mobile. so trolled and fed

Sounds like a pretty good grief to me :v:

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Is this stuff copy-pasted from the Tribunal?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty much just copy pasted, to actually get on the tribunal you have to be reported in some % of games out of total played - you have to consistently be terrible, several matches of raging doesn't do it.

A lot of it is just mass-reports for leaving/AFKing during a match, but then you get absolute hilarity.

Impotence fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 10, 2011

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

DOTA-likes haven't been enjoyable since Aeon of Strife. :colbert:

In seriousness, I don't know how the community got this way. DOTA was actually fairly chilled in the early days of its inception on Warcraft 3. Hell, a lot of the other DOTA-like maps on Warcraft 3 didn't draw in the same sort of frothing-at-the-mouth-screaming-angry-people. Now you've got DOTA and the spinoffs and they've pretty much got all the same community.

This topic is relevant to the thread because playing DOTA is like griefing yourself. :cool:

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

In the earlier days of Everquest the bulkier Ogre and Troll players could block doorways with their mass especially if increase size was cast on them. You could use this to your advantage in dungeons because they weren't instanced. Group camping the entrance of your favorite dungeon? Park your fatass friend in the exit and train them. Sometimes this would happen because some joker went to eat and forgot he was standing in the zone line of Solusek's Eye.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
It got that way because each dotalike is a 30-60 minute long match with stat tracking and constant player scaling, so if you start out badly you're usually trapped getting stomped harder and harder till you lose

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I've read this thread front to back three times now, and each time I find something new to laugh my face off at. This is probably the best thread I've seen in Games. I especially enjoyed all the Ultima Online stories, despite not playing it. Well, I did play it, once, but it didn't really work out too well for me.

A couple of my friends in high school were heavy into UO. They went beyond coordinating on ICQ—they talked on the phone. I guess they got up to some pretty zany antics, but the only times I was able to observe a session was when one of them was macroing a skill, which is boring as gently caress. I got a chance to sit down and give it a go myself one time though, and I'm certain I got griefed hard.

I rolled up a character. I don't remember anything about what skills I put the points into or anything like that. It was easily ten years ago, at the game's height, to give you an idea of the timeframe. With one friend on the phone (Anthony) giving me "pointers" I whacked on a training dummy for a while to raise my swords and tactics a little. I think I might have got them up to 15 or so (or whatever the max you can get from a dummy is), and Anthony suggests we should go out into the woods and rustle up some rabbits or squirrels or something for me to get some live fire practice on. I'm ready to do it, armed with my practice katana and a fresh face.

So we're mucking about for about 20 minutes when we come across a bear. I'm apprehensive, of course, but Anthony is insistent I should be able to roll this thing no problem. Not knowing any better, I throw caution to the wind and fly at the bear in a murderous rage. Three seconds later I'm :derp: at 16 health and running for my life. Anthony is "trying" to draw the grizzly bear or dire bear or whatever the super-strong variant is named off me and "attempting" to heal me with bandages, but not really doing either.

I don't remember how or why, but I managed to either shake the bear or get back to town and had the guards take care of the bear? I don't know if they do that. I do know that Anthony was dying of laughter on the other end of the phone, and it finally dawned on me that I'd been had. He tried to kill me! That son of a bitch!

I had to eat some crow later from the other two friends who played; while crying with mirth, they commended me for making it out of the encounter alive.

:eng101: Newbies shouldn't try to take on grizzly bears with a practice katana.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Dexanth posted:

It got that way because each dotalike is a 30-60 minute long match with stat tracking and constant player scaling, so if you start out badly you're usually trapped getting stomped harder and harder till you lose

I don't remember if this is the thread in which I first read it I read it, but I'm pretty sure that at least LoL purposefully designed the game so that cascading failures would cascade harder. I don't understand why people actually play these games.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dross posted:

Yeah, the DotA-likes seem to be the only games where you can grief people accidentally simply by being unexperienced.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

TheRagamuffin posted:

I don't remember if this is the thread in which I first read it I read it, but I'm pretty sure that at least LoL purposefully designed the game so that cascading failures would cascade harder. I don't understand why people actually play these games.

I can't speak to LoL as I personally find there to be a legion of things wrong with the game and barely play it, but the answer is that while those rage games -are- fury inducing, being on the other side is incredibly fun, and the ones that are constant back and forths are too.

The thing that sets them apart from TF2/other FPSes is that generally in an FPS you can just quit if you get bored & there's no power scaling -during- a single game, while in RTS games when you lose a big fight you often lose the game right then and there, there's no being slowly strangled while you wait for the enemy to farm for 30 minutes and your single teammate refuses to concede because he thinks he can somehow win.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the DotA-likes seem to be the only games where you can grief people accidentally simply by being unexperienced.

Or pretending to be

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

TheRagamuffin posted:

It's sort of a built in feature of the genre, if you die you both give the enemy experience and money and miss out on getting some of your own (due to time lost being dead and running back), so it swings the pendulum a lot more than might be immediately apparent. It pissess off your teammates because the player who killed you can now kill them more easily too; when someone is "fed" they are nigh unstoppable even for 2 or 3 non-fed players.

Dexanth posted:

there's no being slowly strangled while you wait for the enemy to farm for 30 minutes and your single teammate refuses to concede because he thinks he can somehow win.

And if you (the better player) are well aware that it's over and just want to be done, and that guy keeps refusing to surrender, anything you do to expedite the process so you can move on (intentionally feeding, leaving, AFKing, etc.) is cause for him to report you. That's probably why it causes so much rage; you can't leave, you are forced to just keep railing against an unstoppable juggernaut for which your own teammates are directly responsible.

Dross fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 10, 2011

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That esxplains why people get angry, it still doesnt explain why anyone would want to subject themselves to that.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Pharnakes posted:

That esxplains why people get angry, it still doesnt explain why anyone would want to subject themselves to that.

Because being that juggernaut is incredibly fun.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Dross posted:

It's sort of a built in feature of the genre, if you die you both give the enemy experience and money and miss out on getting some of your own (due to time lost being dead and running back), so it swings the pendulum a lot more than might be immediately apparent. It pissess off your teammates because the player who killed you can now kill them more easily too; when someone is "fed" they are nigh unstoppable even for 2 or 3 non-fed players.

But this also prevents games from turning into ridiculous stalemates that drag on and on for hours and hours until somebody passes out or simply has to take a poo poo or something.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Whoever mentioned AVO awhile back, thank you. Hilarious stuff.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Keisari posted:

But this also prevents games from turning into ridiculous stalemates that drag on and on for hours and hours until somebody passes out or simply has to take a poo poo or something.

See: Team Fortress 2, Super Monday Night Combat, Total Annihilation.

Holy poo poo Total Annihilation. That game was fun, but I don't think I've ever seen a game more conducive to stalemates and dragging on forever. *fills up several screens with AA guns and artillery cannons, with nukes and anti-nukes behind the wall of guns, nullifies an hour spent building 150 attack planes, repeat ad infinitum*

Just having a good defense in that game was griefing. I guess you could get clever with artillery cannons and shoot from offscreen, but even that took a lot of effort and a little bit of luck.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 10, 2011

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

Perestroika posted:

I would ask how many boots you have to buy on smurf accounts in LoL and would routinely get someone to curse me out and quit.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

TheRagamuffin posted:

The only way to play LoL and have fun is if you literally do not care about anything at all. I play all the time, and I just talk with people and tell jokes and poo poo whether I'm winning or losing. I troll anyone who annoys me in the slightest and it is amazing, because everyone who plays will get angry no matter what character you play or how well you play. I've carried my team with a score of about 34 kills/3 deaths/8 assists and still had people say that they were better than me.

Also, just being good at the game is one of the best griefs. I'll just act like a complete retard, spamming all chat and being super friendly with everyone, and inevitably some serious player will be like "SHUT UP NOOB" and then, twenty minutes later when I'm 3 shotting them as Kassadin, they are dead silent and I'm still just giggling and typing "Hey bro do you mind if I take your blue? Thanks a bunch."

The only way to win at LoL is give 0 shits and just laugh at everyone: once in a while you'll meet someone who does the same and it's glorious. I once had a 2 enemies and myself dancing in the river next to dragon for about 4 minutes, just because we thought it was funny that he rest of our teams were getting mad about it. The best part is that we would warn each other when our team was coming to gank the others, and we would just relocate the dance part.

Slappy Moose fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 10, 2011

Keisari
May 24, 2011

PalmTreeFun posted:

See: Team Fortress 2

TF2 leans towards the winner. If you control more points, you are often rewarded with faster spawns and a forward spawn. Depends a lot on the map though. And unlike LoL, TF2 has a round-timer to cut-off a game that would go on and on. (Unless some really clever admin put a 80000 minute 2fort round going and you're feeling like playing with that.)

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Slappy Moose posted:

The only way to play LoL and have fun is if you literally do not care about anything at all. I play all the time, and I just talk with people and tell jokes and poo poo whether I'm winning or losing. I troll anyone who annoys me in the slightest and it is amazing, because everyone who plays will get angry no matter what character you play or how well you play. I've carried my team with a score of about 34 kills/3 deaths/8 assists and still had people say that they were better than me.

Also, just being good at the game is one of the best griefs. I'll just act like a complete retard, spamming all chat and being super friendly with everyone, and inevitably some serious player will be like "SHUT UP NOOB" and then, twenty minutes later when I'm 3 shotting them as Kassadin, they are dead silent and I'm still just giggling and typing "Hey bro do you mind if I take your blue? Thanks a bunch."

The only way to win at LoL is give 0 shits and just laugh at everyone: once in a while you'll meet someone who does the same and it's glorious. I once had a 2 enemies and myself dancing in the river next to dragon for about 4 minutes, just because we thought it was funny that he rest of our teams were getting mad about it. The best part is that we would warn each other when our team was coming to gank the others, and we would just relocate the dance part.

Yup, I think you convinced me that I can finally play one of these games and have fun despite the extremely competitive atmosphere of them. I've never played one before because I always hear all the bad things and basically never anything good.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

This thread has given me an idea to troll people by RPing the Soul Calibur narrator in LoL.

WELCOME TO THE STAGE OF HISTORY

THE GRUELING BATTLE ENDED WITH THE VICTORY OF MISS FORTUNE

MISS FORTUNE WAS SERIOUSLY WOUNDED BUT THE SOUL STILL BURNS

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TimNeilson posted:

Honestly, it says something about MMO communities in general that the EVE Online community is considered one of the better ones in terms of this poo poo.

This is because due to the amount of time it builds up a decent character, it's very easy to shut someone down if they ever undock to do anything. Even NPC-protected high security space won't save someone with too sassy of a mouth if someone wants to kill them badly enough.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dross posted:

This thread has given me an idea to troll people by RPing the Soul Calibur narrator in LoL.

WELCOME TO THE STAGE OF HISTORY

THE GRUELING BATTLE ENDED WITH THE VICTORY OF MISS FORTUNE

MISS FORTUNE WAS SERIOUSLY WOUNDED BUT THE SOUL STILL BURNS

LoL needs ingame voice chat just so people can do this.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Trainmonk posted:

Yup, I think you convinced me that I can finally play one of these games and have fun despite the extremely competitive atmosphere of them. I've never played one before because I always hear all the bad things and basically never anything good.

I'm not saying I don't get angry, though. I still get mad at how stupid some people are (losing bot games, saying that 2/5 is a better score ratio than 5/8 etc) but I enjoy being angry so I can handle it.

Unless you are like me or you are really good at literally never caring about what anyone says, you'll probably hate it. It's free so you don't really have anything besides time to lose, but I'm just warning you that it's not a very relaxing game. Every negative gamer stereotype mentioned in this thread is true in LoL.

Another fun grief I did back in the day: some guy on my team kept stealing my jungles (AI enemies in neutral areas that you can kill for experience and gold), and then being snooty when I asked him to stop, even though I was the jungler. I got sick of his poo poo, and he was prone to overextend or try and sneak around the enemy jungle.

I started yelling in allchat, "DUDE LOOK OUT DON'T TRY AND TAKE THEIR BLUE, WARWICK IS RIGHT BELOW YOU HE WILL KILL YOU" and stuff, pretending to warn him of enemies while really just broadcasting to everyone where he was at all times. Is he heading to bottom? "THANKS FOR COVERING BOTTOM, GUY!" Is he about to gank an enemy? "GOOD IDEA GUY, LETS GANK VEIGAR." At first the enemy team thought I was lying, but they very quickly starting listening to what I was saying and either escaping the guy's ganks or just chasing him down and killing him. It was amazing because even though we lost in the end, I got to say, "Ugh, maybe we wouldn't have lost if SOMEONE hadn't been feeding!" and he was just mashing his keyboard in frustration.

Also I forget when it was exactly, but I got someone to rage hard and type so poorly that someone else asked them if they were typing by "throwing chopsticks at a spinning keyboard" which had my roommates and I in tears.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

Just having a good defense in that game was griefing. I guess you could get clever with artillery cannons and shoot from offscreen, but even that took a lot of effort and a little bit of luck.

It gets even better (worse?) when it's a water map.

They finally manage to grind down your huge multilayered island defence. It takes hours, but they do it. There goes your commander...and the game doesn't end.

They send scouts out to sweep the map. There's your commander, building a backup base on a remote island! He explodes...and the game doesn't end.

Now your commander is charging out of the sea in a suicide attack on one of their factories! The laser turrets cut him down...and the game doesn't end.

Once they get the sonar planes in the air, they realize that you've built dozens, possibly hundreds, of decoy commanders and scattered them all over the seafloor. Meanwhile, the real commander is running around building float-up turrets, torpedo launchers, and basically anything else that will create more sonar blips for them to sift through.

At this point, the game is basically over; they control the land, and you can't get enough of a foothold underwater to strike back effectively. But tracking down a single submerged commander in a large water map containing hundreds of false echoes can take hours.

Do they concede, and give you the win?
Do they spend the rest of the evening trying to track down your commander?
Either way, one thing is for sure: they will rage as they have never raged before.

Slappy Moose posted:

The only way to win at LoL is give 0 shits and just laugh at everyone: once in a while you'll meet someone who does the same and it's glorious.

This. I enjoy LoL a lot, but only because I give no shits about my ratio, my ELO, playing optimally, whether my teammates are playing optimally, whether my teammates actually have brains or not, or anything else.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Speaking in any language people can't understand will drive LoL players into a blind frothing rage.

Whenever I play games with my friend we always talk back and forth in Afrikaans. People have no idea what language it is and that somehow makes them more angry.

I did legitimately play against some people once who were typing in what I assume was Mayan. I have never seen such over use of the letter X before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Speaking in a foreign language tends to be a grief universally whether the people mean to do it or not.

Back in the days before Black Friday, I played online poker, and people would loving rage out if someone was speaking portugese or russian. Incidentally, Russians would often rage at you for speaking english. Speaking of online poker griefs, mention that you read a book about poker in the presence of just about any Russian player. They will insta-jam every hand you're in while streaming profanity and insults to your manhood in broken English because you're a pussy if you have to read to win. I poo poo you not.

World of Tanks also has a bunch of Vietnamese players that are on during US mornings, so you can either grief your team by TKing/playing intentionally lovely and pretending to be Vietnamese, or grief the vietnamese by shouting Google Translated gibberish at them and telling them to suck your balls. They'll shout back in moonspeak the entire game to defend their honor.

• Locked thread