Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Lone Rogue posted:

I think the idea was he'd bring in someone really cool if people stopped stealing food from his children.

Unless he really said Steve Blackman.

Yeah he really did say Steve Blackman. Apparently people troll him asking him to bring in Blackman, and Bryan actually read one of those requests on the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

Yeah he really did say Steve Blackman. Apparently people troll him asking him to bring in Blackman, and Bryan actually read one of those requests on the podcast.

If you're gonna troll, pick a target that Gabe could actually bring in.

Like The Stro.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, if you are hedging your child's future on an indie wrestling organization, you are a lovely parent.
Fair.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Gabe is pretentious as gently caress and this is not a new thing.

Also, if you are hedging your child's future on an indie wrestling organization, you are a lovely parent.

But hedging your child's future on TWO indie wrestling organizations is a foolproof plan.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave: What the hell is he smoking?

Bryan: I can answer that.

Dave: ...yeah, me too.

These guys are great.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Arbite posted:

These guys are great.

I usually stay away from THE BOARD, except to look for the occasional Dave post, and today I was rewarded with Meltzer taking his no-selling jokes gimmick to the next level.

Thread title was: "Bryan vs Vince russo in a shoot fight WHO WINS"

Dave posted:

Seriously, a 52-year-old non-athlete is going to have no conditioning whatsoever.

If it doesn't end in 30 seconds, it wouldn't be pretty.

He'd be subbed easily. I mean easily.

Awesome.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I dunno man, Vince Russo is known for his Shoots, think he might have the edge in that one.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I just tried listening to Gabe's appearence on Figure Four, god drat!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Question: Would the Rock be subjected to drug testing for his return?

Dave: *laughs*

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Wrestling Observer Live has a show on WCW

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Wrestling Observer Live has a show on WCW

I thought it was pretty drat good given that it was loaded with commercial breaks and basically had an hour and twenty minutes. For a free show it's definitely worth a listen.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

"The winner of this match will have to grow a second dick for all the loving he'll be doing"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
" I gotta deal with my kids and my baby mamas, and now I gotta deal with this BULLSHIT?"

Urban Wrestling Federation is the greatest thing ever, if only for listening to Bryan and Vinnie review it.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

PaybackJack posted:

" I gotta deal with my kids and my baby mamas, and now I gotta deal with this BULLSHIT?"

Urban Wrestling Federation is the greatest thing ever, if only for listening to Bryan and Vinnie review it.

UWF must never die. It's the one small-time indy promotion I'm really rooting for, even if I have close to zero interest in seeing their actual product.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, there is another Gabe interview?

Also, I might just have to resubscribe for the UWF review. :)

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

LordPants posted:

Yet another electrifying Gabe interview, yes.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Art of Wrestling 68: Daniel Bryan

Bryan rides with Sheamus and Ted Jr.
Who does Regal ride with?

This episode contains a brief appearance by CM Punk off mic!

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

LordPants posted:

If you do and if, like me, you're one of the people who don't usually read Bryan's newsletter, definitely check out the UWF review in this week's issue. It's one of the funniest things Bryan has ever written.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Art of Wrestling 68: Daniel Bryan

Is Ted really pale enough for them?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Soul Man Danny B.

Incredible.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Daniel Bryan is amazing.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
So that story of him wanting to live in Thailand to learn Muay Thai WAS true... :D

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 11, 2011

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Excited for this one!!! First AOW I'll have listened to in a while.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Doing commentary for FCW probably means he has to travel alone to Florida a lot.

Looking forward to listening to that one!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HulkaMatt posted:

Excited for this one!!! First AOW I'll have listened to in a while.

It's a good one. Danielson has a lot of good things to say about camaraderie in the business, and I cracked up when he protected El Generico's gimmick by insisting that he didn't speak English.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It really puts it into perspective how many wrestlers die when Lance Storm's mom asked him to do a eulogy because he's done so many good ones for dead wrestlers.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I'm probably alone on this but I've really been enjoying Todd lately.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

todd is fat and stupid

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Sue Denim posted:

I'm probably alone on this but I've really been enjoying Todd lately.

Yep, you're alone

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I just know Granny got the Festivus reference but Bryan didn't.

*edit* Especially after considering this gem.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Listening to the Lance show, and THE FRENCH STALLION~! will be on Smackdown tonight. Set your DVR's folks, this will be a historic night in sports entertainment.

j. fed
Nov 4, 2008

What's the story behind the one guy yelling during some of the songs? It pops up in every listener-created song but I'm specifically thinking of the recent "Bingo" song they played where the guy yells "BEEEEEEE" for the "B" part and "OOOOOOOOOOOH" for the O part. Who was this, and what was the context?

I suppose I could find it on the F4W boards but it sounds like the Sperg capital of the Internet and I don't feel much like dealing with their ilk.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're both Vinny, I believe, and the first is from a truly hilarious review of a lucha match, where apparently one of the tecnicos would make the "BEEEEE!" noise in response to anything. He got chopped, "BEEEE!", he hit an armdrag, "BEEEE!".

The latter is... Vinny's interpretation of Mr Kennedy/Anderson selling a shot to his hand, I believe?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah, that was during the wonderful Michaels vs Kennedy feud, match was at Armageddon 07, I believe.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

j. fed posted:

What's the story behind the one guy yelling during some of the songs? It pops up in every listener-created song but I'm specifically thinking of the recent "Bingo" song they played where the guy yells "BEEEEEEE" for the "B" part and "OOOOOOOOOOOH" for the O part. Who was this, and what was the context?

I suppose I could find it on the F4W boards but it sounds like the Sperg capital of the Internet and I don't feel much like dealing with their ilk.

"BEEEEE~!" is on the B&V Rewind for June '06 on the board, and "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA" is on the December '07 version.

Yes, I have most of them. They are incredible timekillers to listen to at work.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oh god, the review of ShopTNA.com had me in stiches. SAles where you save a penny per item, Six random action figures, spelling "water" with 2 Ts, Dixie's theme being called "The Man In Me", hilarious

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Oh god, the review of ShopTNA.com had me in stiches. SAles where you save a penny per item, Six random action figures, spelling "water" with 2 Ts, Dixie's theme being called "The Man In Me", hilarious
Eventually Bryan realizes they've spent too much time on this and says "I've seen enough"...then notices the TNA board game and they rip on that too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Classic Observer posted:

A match with his brother matches up two of the four best workers (along with Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels) in the company, and the cage adds an element which will largely force both men to work a different match than Wrestlemania.

:stare:

Wait, what? I only knew drunk Sean Waltman. There was a "really good" Sean Waltman?

Or was the WWE just really poo poo back then?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

LordPants posted:

:stare:

Wait, what? I only knew drunk Sean Waltman. There was a "really good" Sean Waltman?

Or was the WWE just really poo poo back then?

Waltman was a really good wrestler, then he got messed up with drugs and alcohol, but has improved dramatically in the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

LordPants posted:

Sean Waltman put on a Match Of The Year Candidate at King Of Trios this year against El Generico.

When he was sober and gave a poo poo, Waltman was utterly incredible.

• Locked thread