Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is there a CBB/CDR where Giamatti guests?

Episode 72 and 93. Adomian again. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFc4isTDaAk

e:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I had no idea Scott Auckerman had dated Cho. How delightfully awkward that was :)

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

"yeah no yeah, I got kicked outta my hotel room cuz it smelled like fahts!"

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

How are u posted:

I had no idea Scott Auckerman had dated Cho. How delightfully awkward that was :)

Not only that, but it's been implied a chunk of her material in the 90s was about Scott.

Considering how kinky that subject matter was (pegging, ect.) it's... well, interersting to consider. And probably why he was initially a little cagey about mentioning anything.

...or maybe I'm reading too much into things :tinfoil:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 23, 2011

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
So Scott Aukerman has an asian fetish.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I think everyone had made that conclusion on their own.

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

Woke up to find out that Saucerman blocked me on Twitter after this exchange with Doug.

Devastated.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What am I thinking really is pretty awful though. I wish they wouldn't play it so often.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Flamazot posted:

What am I thinking really is pretty awful though. I wish they wouldn't play it so often.

I remember it being funny the first time I heard it, though I can't remember which one it was. The last few weeks have seen alot of new people to the show, though, and that's definitely a thing that hurts it. I wish they would just play Who Said it with new guests.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Even though I don't like that game, the Jimmy Pardo / Auckerman moment was an all-time classic.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
They've really been cramming in the games lately. Also, I feel like it was a waste of Adomian with those guests and that character. Give him a PFT or Nick Kroll to play off of... gold... give him Margret Cho... ugh.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

"What Am I Thinking?" is good once in a while. But they really have been overdoing it lately. They need to mix it up with more "Who Said It?", "Jukebox Jury", et cetera.

I really really enjoy "Would You Rather?" but I wish they would do more where it starts with a relatively mundane question. It's a lot more fun to evolve a concept into something insane rather than already beginning with something "zany" (e.g., shot-for-shot remake of E.T. with only kangaroos).

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

FitFortDanga posted:

I really really enjoy "Would You Rather?" but I wish they would do more where it starts with a relatively mundane question. It's a lot more fun to evolve a concept into something insane rather than already beginning with something "zany" (e.g., shot-for-shot remake of E.T. with only kangaroos).

I completely agree, but I thought David Wain's angle on the 'zany' situation -- only asking pragmatic contractual-detail questions -- saved it nicely.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

I can unreservedly say I'll be fine if I never get to hear Margaret Cho sing ever again. Ecchhh.

Actually, even though I love Yo La Tengo and like Matthew Sweet, I think I've had my fill of musical guests on CBB.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
What Am I Thinking is great when you have guests who are super into the game, and this wasn't one of those weeks. One of the last times Chelsea Peretti was on she was so loving pumped to play and win that it was infectious. If the players aren't excited there's no comedy or entertainment.

Also the musical guests all suck and Scott might have the worst musical taste of all time. I'd rather listen to Joe Pesci's Nice Guy for every musical break than any one of the musical guests he's had in-studio this year. It's annoying cause I always have to fast forward.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I am not a Cho fan from what I remember of her material yonks ago but I thought she was fine as a guest, as well as on vocals (!)

I guess it takes a lot to make me dislike things :I

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yeah I thought Cho was fine as a guest. She was engaged and her voice never bothered me at all. I do like how Auckerman just brought up "yeah some people seem to think I have an asian thing" and proceeds to indicate beyond Cho and his current wife he has dated many other asian women. Okay. It was kind of weird.

Adomian kills it as usual. WHY DID HE MOVE TO THE EAST COAST?!?!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

FitFortDanga posted:

"What Am I Thinking?" is good once in a while. But they really have been overdoing it lately. They need to mix it up with more "Who Said It?", "Jukebox Jury", et cetera.

I would rather have Comedy Bang Bang move to an all What Am I Thinking format than endure another Jukebox Jury.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Transfatuation posted:

I am not a Cho fan from what I remember of her material yonks ago but I thought she was fine as a guest, as well as on vocals (!)

I guess it takes a lot to make me dislike things :I

Yea I'm not a Cho fan either but she was ok, to me at least, this week. She was hardly great but she just felt like any other 'eh, ok whatever' guest he has, if it was just her I'd dislike it but in a group it's fine.

edit: also no more Jukebox Jury ever, if I wanted to listen to bad 'nerdcore' I'd go to (insert every site ever).

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Jukebox jury is one of the best games ever just hear Scott become more and more exasperated with what he's listening to. I could do a whole show of it.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Who Said It and the song lyric one aren't even games, it's just Scott telling jokes. At least What Am I Thinking involves interaction.
Would you Rather is objectively the best of course.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Part of me wants to be a contestant on "Who said it?" for two reasons:

To hear Scott's Michael Jackson insane impersonation,
and to correctly guess it's President Obama.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

plastered quack posted:

Part of me wants to be a contestant on "Who said it?" for two reasons:

To hear Scott's Michael Jackson insane impersonation,
and to correctly guess it's President Obama.

I really want him to ask that one to a PFT or someone like that who actually listens to the show, just to see if Scott would give them the point if they said Obama or if he would switch it on them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like "Who Said It?" if only because the song makes me laugh every god drat time. I know it's coming, but it's still funny.

How is the Christmas album he keeps pushing? I only started listening to this in the last few months, so I didn't even know there were Christmas songs.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I bought the Christmas album last year and I really wasn't all that enthralled by it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

What Am I Thinking? should be on every week, but only if the bring in Todd Glass to play it. I just love the way he gets so stressed out about it.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I'm way behind on this show, but does Scott ever say anything about the "Would you rather?" show on BBC America?

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
I thought the dating-Cho thing was just a bit. CBB seems to have as many inside jokes as they have outside jokes. I think that Scott seems to get so much joy from what he thinks is funny that he doesn't seem to overly worry about how much of it the audience understands. Probably half of the setup and a quarter of the punchline is simply occurring in his own head. The podcast is a comedy sandbox. That's one reason why it is free. I think that's awesome and I think it's what makes the show special; he's throwing so much poo poo constantly that if we pick up on even half of it, it's still better than anything else available.

The Halloween episode was so perfect. Andy Daly and Jason Mantzoukas were amazing last week. What episode # was the one with the limericks? I remember listening to that one and laughing my rear end off during a grocery store trip. And not for nothing, but I'm uncomfortable with the musical guests. It's like being at a party with old friends and one shows up with a brand new boyfriend that wants to try to get in on the jokes. There has to be a better way to open the studio to more than the couple dozen LA UCB/Coronet crew members. I love all of them but I understand the show needs to showcase a wider variety just for its own longevity.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
The problem with getting more, different people on the podcast is one of schedules, lack of money or actual cultural penetration for a guest spot. It really is a situation where guys touring or in from NY/Seattle/Chicago/Philadelphia/Wherever are in town for a short amount of time, have things to do and people to see, and it's gonna be hard to get their free time to line up with when Scott has the studio... and even if it does, they might rather sleep in or jerk off rather than be on a podcast. Especially nowadays because Chris Hardwick, Jimmy Pardo, Marc Maron, Jesse Thorn, Todd Glass, Doug Benson, Kumail, etc. etc. are all asking these people to come do their shows. They just might not have time. It's funny though when an outsider shows up on a grip of podcasts at the same time and you're like "oh, must be shooting a part/guest appearance/special."

Musical guests are usually musicians and this are going to be absolutely boring at best on CBB, just like they all have been (except Aimee Mann). There are a couple shows where non-comedy people can work out, but CBB usually isn't one of them. Also all their music sucks (including Aimee Mann).

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I think you just insulted Jon Wurster and now I hate you

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Nadine Hauklund posted:

What episode # was the one with the limericks?

Number 74. It's the second character Daly does.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

I think you just insulted Jon Wurster and now I hate you

I wish Jon Wurster could just do one CBB as Philly Boy Roy or Darren Plopperton.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Wasn't sure if this should go in the megathread or not, but since it revolves around a CBB premise/guests: The new Analyze Phish dropped early, with Adam Scott as a third guest. :allears:

It's great

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
WHAT'S UP HOTDOG!!

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Yannick_B posted:

I wish Jon Wurster could just do one CBB as Philly Boy Roy or Darren Plopperton.

I think Tom Scharpling would have a problem with this...

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I think Tom Scharpling would have a problem with this...

Ideally, Tom would be on the show too.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Pretty sure I'm now looking forward to Analyze Phish Episode 4 with Harris and Scott high at a Phish show more than I'm looking forward to Christmas.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Yannick_B posted:

Ideally, Tom would be on the show too.

Because Tom loves podcasts so much.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Because Tom loves podcasts so much.

He had no problem going on Comedy and Everything Else, Doug Loves Movies and Comedy Bang Bang when he was in L.A. before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

GraPar posted:

Pretty sure I'm now looking forward to Analyze Phish Episode 4 with Harris and Scott high at a Phish show more than I'm looking forward to Christmas.

Ep 3 was amazing. I made the mistake of trying to listen while in public; I had to stop it until I was back in my car.