Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

GraPar posted:

Pretty sure I'm now looking forward to Analyze Phish Episode 4 with Harris and Scott high at a Phish show more than I'm looking forward to Christmas.

Agreed. Scott on drugs at a Phish concert sounds funnier than anything I've heard in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If ep 4 is anything like the other three, Harris will be riding an awesome high while Scott has a horrible, horrible shroom trip.

Seriously though I hope they talk Kulap into tagging along. She's like PFT; she makes pretty much every podcast better.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
AP3 was pretty much the best thing in the world. I couldn't stop laughing during the Cowboy Mouth handjob story. I really like hearing that Adam Scott isn't just an awesome guest, he's a real fan of the shows. That's great.

Tom Scharpling did a nice episode of Walking With Michelle last year. He's a hell of a guy, I'm told.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I'm having a hell of a time picking the top ten episodes for 2011, there are just so many awesome episodes

I mean I could literally pick 122-131 and not feel that bad about it even though I hated all of the live music.

Borrowed Ladder fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 30, 2011

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I only started listening a couple of months ago, so I don't know if I'm a good judge, but I would definitely rank Farts and Procreation at the top of my list. It's seriously one of the funniest things I have ever listened to, CBB or otherwise.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SpacePig posted:

I only started listening a couple of months ago, so I don't know if I'm a good judge, but I would definitely rank Farts and Procreation at the top of my list. It's seriously one of the funniest things I have ever listened to, CBB or otherwise.

I just want to vote for it 10 times.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
It was bad enough we only got two episodes of Cyberthug Radio. If I only get one episode of Gelmania I will burn down Hotsaucermans hot dog stand.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I will see
Young Adult
on December
16th,
a week after it
comes out.

Wait a week
before you see it
Patton commands you
to wait
exactly seven days
after it's release date.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

It was bad enough we only got two episodes of Cyberthug Radio. If I only get one episode of Gelmania I will burn down Hotsaucermans hot dog stand.

With Gelman I get the sense that he is just too busy to do a consistent show.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
If only all these funny people were unemployable, and thus free to podcast 24 hours a day.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Maarak posted:

If only all these funny people were unemployable, and thus free to podcast 24 hours a day.

My life would be in shambles. Don't do this to me man!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Analyze Phish is amazing. Harris Wittels is so earnest in his love for Phish but it's like Aukermann is the Harlem Globetrotters and Wittels is the Washington Generals. He just won't ever win.

Scott is right about the lead singer's voice though. And the goofy lyrics don't help it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Patton Oswalt always plays off and gives a lot back with good guests. Most recent episode was great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

soggybagel posted:

Patton Oswalt always plays off and gives a lot back with good guests. Most recent episode was great.

Yea I always kinda wish he would do a character of his own, but he's so wonderful just playing with the dudes around him that it's great regardless.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

soggybagel posted:

With Gelman I get the sense that he is just too busy to do a consistent show.

What was heard on Earwolf was just a studio version of a show he often times puts on at CBB. Id be happy with bootleg Tompkast style recordings. Even if it was just him telling the life story of 1000 cats, one by one. Which is an actual thing he's done.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

plastered quack posted:

If ep 4 is anything like the other three, Harris will be riding an awesome high while Scott has a horrible, horrible shroom trip.

There is nothing wrong with this.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

Teepkick Shakur posted:

new one's up.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

new one's up.

This goes without saying, but if any of you listen to podcasts in the car like I do...Uh, you might want headphones for this one. Especially if you share a ride with someone else.

Still a funny episode

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Patton's right. The one with him and Dom Dimelo is objectively the best.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Ograbme posted:

Patton's right. The one with him and Dom Dimelo is objectively the best.

Its the best CDR/CBB ever. I still when bored pick a spot in that podcast and listen to it.

"CAN YOU CONTROL THE ANTS?"

"I THINK IT WAS A TYPICAL UPBRINGING IN MOST RESPECTS UH YOU KNOW, I WAS SURROUNDED BY WHORES AT ALL TIMES."

"CLAIMED TO BE THE UNITED STATES AMBASSADOR TO CHINA....IN REALITY HE WAS JUST SOME PERVERT"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well that was a pretty terrible character. Good impression but nothing funny, thankfully Ben Schwartz was there to keep things moving.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Eltoasto posted:

Well that was a pretty terrible character. Good impression but nothing funny, thankfully Ben Schwartz was there to keep things moving.

Yeah, it was a good impression of her, and I was expecting it to go places, but she didn't really do anything. Whatever, it wasn't a bad episode overall.

I like Kevin Nealon, and Ben Schwartz is such a goofball that it's hard for me to dislike anything he's a part of. It could've been a much worse episode than it was if not for those two.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I'm in the middle of it. It's not the funniest thing ever, but it's amusing.

During the Cheers reading, it occurred to me that Kevin Nealon's voice actually does sound an awful lot like Ted Danson's.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

plastered quack posted:

Wasn't sure if this should go in the megathread or not, but since it revolves around a CBB premise/guests: The new Analyze Phish dropped early, with Adam Scott as a third guest. :allears:

It's great

This was from last week, but I just listened to it and wanted to agree. I thought the first two were ok, but not that great. The addition of Adam Scott made the difference.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

new one's up.

drat right it is. Saucerman knows im serious :colbert: And that, hotdog, is what is up.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I thought both improvs were pretty hilarious and wish we could hear more of that on the show rather than another stupid game Scott thinks up in the 4 seconds before they turn the mics on. Also thought Nealon starting the show off like that was great.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This week's Dead Authors podcast with Paul F. Tompkins has Scott as a particularly deranged interpretation of Benjamin Franklin.

"Yeah. I'm out there doin' what I do."
"Throwing money in people's faces, kicking boats, vandalizing babies..."

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Transfatuation posted:

This week's Dead Authors podcast with Paul F. Tompkins has Scott as a particularly deranged interpretation of Benjamin Franklin.

Great recommendation

The Dead Authors podcast will, I think, eventually turn into next year's great podcast. Essentially it's PFT and a guest acting out their respective characters, absurdly, in front of a live crowd at UCB Theatre.

It's only been through ...three? (though it's on episode four?) episodes, but with PFT every ep and confirmed guests from CBB like Andy Daly and Nick Kroll, and guests from other podcasts like Matt Gourley it's worth paying attention to.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

plastered quack posted:

It's only been through ...three? (though it's on episode four?) episodes,

Yeah, he said episode 2 was gonna be with someone that I can't remember at the moment but the audio got hosed so they just moved onto 3 while they try to salvage 2.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It's great to have another episode of DAP, but I wish the next episode of the Pod F. Tompkast would drop already.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
In other PFT/CBB related news, he and Tig Notaro (c'mon, page 12!) will be on Conan tonight, apparently.

RandolphCarter posted:

It's great to have another episode of DAP, but I wish the next episode of the Pod F. Tompkast would drop already.

True. I needs me some Tompkast.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

In other PFT/CBB related news, he and Tig Notaro (c'mon, page 12!) will be on Conan tonight, apparently.

Tig Notaro needs to do another appearance on CBB. Page 12 is almost here and it's been so long she doesn't make me angry anymore.

Maybe we need a new thread title.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 6, 2011

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Transfatuation posted:

Loose lips, hard to cum

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

plastered quack posted:

Seriously though I hope they talk Kulap into tagging along. She's like PFT; she makes pretty much every podcast better.

Kulap has been on the show?? I only started listening to CBB in the last couple months and I've been randomly picking older episodes to listen to, never have encountered her yet.

I also listened to the third episode of Analyze Phish, my first one, and with Adam Scott included it was pretty loving funny. I can't wait for the cluster-gently caress that will be the concert episode.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Weirdest Kulap was on the Christmas show two years ago. Episode 34. She's only on near the end.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

indigi posted:

Loose lips, hard to cum

Crime is money.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Did I miss the voting for 2011, or is the poll just broken? I can't seem to get it working.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Monday means new episode. Paul F. Tompkins is consistently my favorite guest, on anything.

Snake puppies are cool too.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
...you mean...do I ever find myself...say...bakin' a plain cake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Just started the new episode and I'm pretty excited for just normal ol' Paul F. Tompkins, because him just being himself is like one of his best characters!