Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I believe this is the first time Bryan has put up a free edition of F4D with Todd Martin. Most people here hate Todd, but hey, someone might like him!

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...rn-so-much-more

Anyone got an opinion on the Nason shows? I'm not huge into MMA anymore (rip WEC), so I haven't caught one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Pleasantly surprised. I was out of content when walking my dog and they just talked general MMA stuff. He seemed to have authority when he spoke so yeah, pretty good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Adm and Mike :smug: about how they were true fans all along and how better they are than everyone else.

Jesus. :staredog:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

LordPants posted:

The Adm and Mike :smug: about how they were true fans all along and how better they are than everyone else.

Jesus. :staredog:

What's this?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

What's this?

I just completely spaced on the joke. It's the Adam and Mike big audio Nightmare on Wrestling Observer.com. But they spent fourty minutes discussing hockey, and Mike about how he's such a great fan, and a rolemodel to other fans in being a fan, and Adam talking about how he raged that the same people that made fun of him when he wore a Blackhawks jersey even when they were losing claimed to be fans when the actually won something. Then in the dying minutes they talked wrestling.

So I was going to say

"The Adam and Mike about how they were true fans all along and how better they are than everyone else Show."

but I :words: and spaced out on the joke.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I have made fun of Adam for literal YEARS about how he talks about REAL FANS versus those bozos or whatever he calls them that started going when they started winning. Its a dumb argument. But I still like that show (it got me into puro.)

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

GoutPatrol posted:

I have made fun of Adam for literal YEARS about how he talks about REAL FANS versus those bozos or whatever he calls them that started going when they started winning. Its a dumb argument. But I still like that show (it got me into puro.)

I like Mike, but I've never been high on Adam as a radio host. Sempervive's charisma drowns him out, anyway.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you guys want something to listen to I can recommend the Ted Dibiase interview from May 2010 (I think) and the RVD from January 2010.

Dibiase is a pretty conservative religious dude, which could give you the shits. And on the Honky Tonk scale he's about a 3 for full of shitness, and is obviously wrong on some things like the WWE's "Really great drug policy", but he gives an example of cutting a promo and how to get heat and it really shows why the guys in the WWE have problems with the basics in wrestling.

The RVD one is pretty interesting. Totally :2bong:, but he does a great Paul Heyman impersonation. He seems like he just wants to be happy in life, and doing the WWE thing won't allow him to be happy. He's also supremely in love with himself/full of himself but I can accept that because he's got to be a "star" so to a degree you have to believe in yourself.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Haha, they played a clip from the Xmas show in 2005 on Bryan and Vinny and Bryan's voice used to be literally the most nerdy voice imaginable

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Haha, they played a clip from the Xmas show in 2005 on Bryan and Vinny and Bryan's voice used to be literally the most nerdy voice imaginable

I enjoyed them both saying the clip sucked and hopefully they're not all this bad. Best endorsement for the Christmas show ever.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

I enjoyed them both saying the clip sucked and hopefully they're not all this bad. Best endorsement for the Christmas show ever.

Roll call: who listens to the Christmas show?

Not me. They are terrible, and not in an enjoyable sort of way.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

I listen to them because I'm a fool.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
You ought to listen to at least one Christmas show, or at least parts of one, just to get an idea. Like when Bryan says "don't listen to this show, it's awful," your curiosity has to be piqued at least a little. Then you listen to it, and well, he was right.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

CVagts posted:

You ought to listen to at least one Christmas show, or at least parts of one, just to get an idea. Like when Bryan says "don't listen to this show, it's awful," your curiosity has to be piqued at least a little. Then you listen to it, and well, he was right.

Exactly.

Bonus points for Bryan acting drunk the moment he takes a shot. I mean, I know he's tiny, but come on dude.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

I believe this is the first time Bryan has put up a free edition of F4D with Todd Martin. Most people here hate Todd, but hey, someone might like him!
I really like Todd, I think he and Bryan work well together in an 'Odd Couple' kind of way.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ya know? Like, like, ya know, like, ya know, like like like like etc

They need to hire someone else to speak for Meltzer or just read his written words. It seems to be getting worse.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

They need to hire someone else to speak for Meltzer or just read his written words. It seems to be getting worse.
They think the fans enjoy Dave's off the cuff commentary and don't see a reason to make a change.
That's the mentality.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

I do. I don't know why, but I greatly enjoy listening to two huge dorks and wrestling nerds somehow get themselves completely wasted in less than 15 minutes and proceed to call a random assortment of other weirdos/senior citizens.

I guess it helps me get over the post-christmas hangover.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

They think the fans enjoy Dave's off the cuff commentary and don't see a reason to make a change.
That's the mentality.

But then, plans change.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Borh posted:

I do. I don't know why, but I greatly enjoy listening to two huge dorks and wrestling nerds somehow get themselves completely wasted in less than 15 minutes and proceed to call a random assortment of other weirdos/senior citizens.

I guess it helps me get over the post-christmas hangover.

It's a nice way to spend a couple hours of holiday down time. I usually have at least one night in there where I have nothing to do around midnight, and the Christmas show is what I fill it with. The 2009 Christmas show was god awful though. They tried too hard.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

It's a nice way to spend a couple hours of holiday down time. I usually have at least one night in there where I have nothing to do around midnight, and the Christmas show is what I fill it with. The 2009 Christmas show was god awful though. They tried too hard.

is that the one where they wrestle in house or whatever

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

is that the one where they wrestle in house or whatever

Yes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Its gotten to a point that I don't notice all the daveisms. I just understand what he is talking about.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven't gotten to the interview yet of the Art of Wrestling this week, but the song of the week has made it awesome already. Fond memories of rocking out to this song and album as a kid.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The Best Of...compilations however, are amazing. I'm already certain that The Best of WO/F4W this year is going to be Oh Susanna!.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
More classic Dave

quote:

The moral of the story is, if you look at someone and see a duck and they tell you he really isn't a duck, we tested him and he's a cat, don't believe it, he's really a duck.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Capsaicin posted:

The Best Of...compilations however, are amazing. I'm already certain that The Best of WO/F4W this year is going to be Oh Susanna!.

No question.

Todd Martin singing Christian's theme is pretty close, though.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

#1 should always go to Coughlin for being Coughlin.

Todd Martin Christian Theme wont make top 10 mark my words.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

HulkaMatt posted:

#1 should always go to Coughlin for being Coughlin.

Todd Martin Christian Theme wont make top 10 mark my words.

The only good thing Coughlin ever produced was this:

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 14, 2011

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

The only good thing Coughlin ever produced was this:

Only because everything else he produces is great.

Like that time he saw the dog.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan convinced he could train his cats to run the ropes better than K^2 needs to be in the best of 2011.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Smart Wrestling Fan this week has an interview with Bobby Lashley. Find out if he's the January 2nd returnee! But more importantly I continue to review Midcard Mafia.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Granny's Excedrin ad was amazing.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan describing Super Mario Bros. in terms of the Noguiera-Mir fight is amazing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

Bryan describing Super Mario Bros. in terms of the Noguiera-Mir fight is amazing.
Which show was this?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The newest Todd Martin FFD has the most :psyduck: argument over beat the clock rules, involving from whether UFC rankings exist to a Canadian invasion of the United States.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Arbite posted:

The newest Todd Martin FFD has the most :psyduck: argument over beat the clock rules, involving from whether UFC rankings exist to a Canadian invasion of the United States.

Todd Martin is an idiot

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ChampRamp posted:

Todd Martin is an idiot

I'm going to stop subscribing simply because I cannot justify a percentage of my subscription fee going to Todd.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I generally believe Todd is trying too hard to be contrarian when expressing terrible opinions but this was just weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Arbite posted:

...could someone explain this more? I can't listen today but... what?

• Locked thread