Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Since I did the '92 Bathurst winner in Forza 3, I did the Skaife/Richards '91 winning car this time around.

I widened the front tyres only so it likes to do this a lot

I've been playing a fair amount of single player lately, and I'm pretty sure the amount of blocking and deliberate contact the AI inflict on you would get them black flagged on lap one if they tried to pull that poo poo on a real race track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Jabs posted:

All I can say is...
...gently caress Slow Sand.

gently caress. Ditto to this. Tried to avoid the poo poo in the chicane on the right, so I accidentally dropped a couple wheels into the left side, got shunted like mad and got my aero trashed. I couldn't break 120 for the rest of the race.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

gently caress. Ditto to this. Tried to avoid the poo poo in the chicane on the right, so I accidentally dropped a couple wheels into the left side, got shunted like mad and got my aero trashed. I couldn't break 120 for the rest of the race.

One of the best GTCC races I ever ran was no aero, rear tyres >275mm (or something) muscle cars. All mechanical grip, so no one got hosed over by trashed aero on the first few laps, and it made for very close racing. Over reliance on aero is a liability in multiplayer, the Lotus 2-Eleven is the best example I can think of as its almost completely undrivable if your aero gets wrecked.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sunday Punch posted:

One of the best GTCC races I ever ran was no aero, rear tyres >275mm (or something) muscle cars. All mechanical grip, so no one got hosed over by trashed aero on the first few laps, and it made for very close racing. Over reliance on aero is a liability in multiplayer, the Lotus 2-Eleven is the best example I can think of as its almost completely undrivable if your aero gets wrecked.

The aero didn't affect my handling all that much. I overcooked a couple corners here and there, but that was mostly dumbassery on my part. My top speed was completely neutered though. I was running 119 mph in 4th gear on the start/finish straight. Ugh.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

AwwJeah posted:

I don't even care about Van Halen all that much and I still think this paint job kicks all kinds of rear end.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AwwJeah posted:

Haven't checked into this thread in awhile but I still play this game! Unfortunately I never see a single soul from the LLJK crew during the times I set aside to play. I notice there haven't been any new additions to the club garage recently and I hope to change this very soon!

The active players left LLJK for AUGR. Feel free to join us if you want more dudes to play with.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The aero didn't affect my handling all that much. I overcooked a couple corners here and there, but that was mostly dumbassery on my part. My top speed was completely neutered though. I was running 119 mph in 4th gear on the start/finish straight. Ugh.

My aero was slowing me down from originally 143 on the front straight to 136. In total it slowed my lap times by 3-4 seconds. It was a good race, and ill post pictures if the drat uploader ever decides to work for me again.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

We were racing at Le Mans one time and a minor rear end shunt knocked the wing off the back of my Veyron, which actually significantly boosted my top speed down the Mulsanne straight and got me better overall lap times.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
In Forza 2 hotlap cheaters would knock their own rear aero off on a wall at strategic locations since there was no dirty lap indicator, just penalty time.

It took me a few viewings of ghosts where a very nice lap suddenly oversteered into the wall right before the final straight on the Nordschliefe before I figured out what they were doing.

ASL NIGGA
Nov 26, 2009

by T. Mascis
put my name on the spreadsheet, dont know how to join any of the clubs-

GT: PleaseDontDoIt

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Irish Legend posted:

My aero was slowing me down from originally 143 on the front straight to 136. In total it slowed my lap times by 3-4 seconds. It was a good race, and ill post pictures if the drat uploader ever decides to work for me again.

And that's why I had no chance. 300 horses and I couldn't even break 120. I think I found 5th place a little before halfway through the race and just stayed there for the remainder. That sticky sand bit me early and bit me hard. Maybe I should write a strongly worded letter to Turn 10 asking for a patch to make that poo poo optional.

As for your uploader problems, I take it you're posting it to your storefront and then agreeing to the Upload to Forzamotorsport.net option? Weird that it's giving you grief.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

ASL NIGGA posted:

put my name on the spreadsheet, dont know how to join any of the clubs-

GT: PleaseDontDoIt

send an invite to the club you want to join (I'd recommend AUGR, the LLJK club is DEAD) and whoever runs that club will let you in. Or just send out friend invites to anyone in the same time zone as yourself on the spreadsheet.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

I don't even care about Van Halen all that much and I still think this paint job kicks all kinds of rear end.
I think you've seen these already, but I'll link them real quick (my FM4 Gallery):
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Gallery.aspx?gt=Captain%20Howdy%200

I've done two EVH Lambos so far, a red-white-black Gallardo and a black & white Countach... and once I pick another Lambo I'm gonna do the yellow-stripes on black from Eddie's old Charvel.
It's stupid easy to do so it's about my skill level, and I think they look great.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Great idea, I might do a mustang like this:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Do you think you could come up with a way to do a pearloid look in the vinyl editor? Because I couldn't, but it would be awesome.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

Do you think you could come up with a way to do a pearloid look in the vinyl editor? Because I couldn't, but it would be awesome.

Maybe with one of the pearlike basecoats and vinyls with opacity not at 100%? That is the best idea I can come up with without trying myself.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

You could have the areas around the wheelarches be like scratchplates, it'd be very nice.

Also, I remember someone wanting a Ferrari P4/5 Competizone in Forza, well GTR3 will have it at least, and given the huge boner for Ferraris Turn 10 have, I hope we'll see it.

This is how it sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8uVDN3tMIU

Now, GTR3 will have some pretty good sounds, if this here is anything to go by: MAIN PUMP ENGINE

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Falken posted:

You could have the areas around the wheelarches be like scratchplates, it'd be very nice.

Also, I remember someone wanting a Ferrari P4/5 Competizone in Forza, well GTR3 will have it at least, and given the huge boner for Ferraris Turn 10 have, I hope we'll see it.

Buy a F430 scud, paint it black and you're like 75% the way there

quote:

Now, GTR3 will have some pretty good sounds, if this here is anything to go by: MAIN PUMP ENGINE

I think I need new pants.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah really, Sunday Punch. GTR3 is looking really awesome and that's the only screenshot released so far.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Falken posted:

Oh lord they have Rouen-Les-Essarts in it again :flashfap:

Turn 10 why can't you licence interesting tracks like EA did?

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Sex Vicar posted:

Oh lord they have Rouen-Les-Essarts in it again :flashfap:

Turn 10 why can't you licence interesting tracks like EA did?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1190348p1.html

Because EA actively screws other people out of licenses.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TannhauserGate posted:

There are literally TEN TRILLION musicians out there trying to make a living. Turn 10 doesn't have an excuse in this case. :colbert:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Anyone want a free car?
http://www.facebook.com/forzamotorsport?sk=app_163917580370763
"Follow the link to the app then enter your Xbox LIVE gamertag and Turn 10 Studios will send you a Bose-designed Nissan 370Z for Forza Motorsport 4!
To receive in-game car, you must log onto Forza Motorsport 4 game (sold separately) with an active Xbox LIVE Gold membership PRIOR to 1/2/12. Car will be sent in-game during the week of 1/2/12. Limit 1 per gamertag. "

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

TannhauserGate posted:

Ah yes, the brilliant strategy of strengthening your brand with an exclusive license in the heavily contested console sim market. You know, the market that has exactly one game per console. Meaning everyone who likes console sim racing has at least one of those titles. Flipping the bird to 100% of your target audience is a great way to get them to try your product.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

AFewBricksShy posted:

Anyone want a free car?
http://www.facebook.com/forzamotorsport?sk=app_163917580370763
"Follow the link to the app then enter your Xbox LIVE gamertag and Turn 10 Studios will send you a Bose-designed Nissan 370Z for Forza Motorsport 4!
To receive in-game car, you must log onto Forza Motorsport 4 game (sold separately) with an active Xbox LIVE Gold membership PRIOR to 1/2/12. Car will be sent in-game during the week of 1/2/12. Limit 1 per gamertag. "
BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

I'll pass.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
BOSE isn't as bad as their reputation. The only problem is that for the money you pay for them, you can get something of better quality that sounds better.

But hey, free car. I'm down.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

einTier posted:

BOSE isn't as bad as their reputation. The only problem is that for the money you pay for them, you can get something of better quality that sounds better.

But hey, free car. I'm down.
Exactly why you should buy other sound equipment. :v:

I didnt realise how easy it was, so I'll do it too, and immediately remove the paintjob.

By the way, I can't actually play Forza properly for a while because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EsewhyGDO8

:(

I hope Fanatec actually do something other than tell me to take my wheel apart.

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Falken posted:

Exactly why you should buy other sound equipment. :v:

I didnt realise how easy it was, so I'll do it too, and immediately remove the paintjob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EsewhyGDO8

:(

I hope Fanatec actually do something other than tell me to take my wheel apart.
I had that happen to mine and if its the same issue its a quick fix. the problem was that the metal shaft that the sensor reads was loose and as you pushed the pedal down it would rotate with the pedal instead of staying put and giving the sensor a baseline reading. All you need is a small allen key or something like that to tighten the set screw that locks the shaft.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ugh - bad timing on that happening before the weekend/upcoming holiday, Falken. I too think that looks like a Clubsport sensor issue, though. Do the other pedals read out properly in the telemetry?

If you guys with the CS's haven't already watched Thomas' video on how to disassemble the pedals and customize them, it's well worth the knowledge. Plus he is literally THE TERMINATOR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54iQktxDQOM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Fingers crossed it's an easy fix like Cham King says.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

It's not that, because to test it I played DiRT 3 and rFactor on the PC with the clubsports, which worked absolutely perfectly.

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

drat that's weird that it would work fine on PC but not xbox, sounds like some issue with the pcb that only involves the xbox protocols. In addition to sending support an email you might want to post the issue on 911wheel blog, someone there might have had this happen before and know a quick fix.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Have you tried resetting the wheel yet? I believe on the GT2 you hold down the tuning button for 12 seconds. (Make sure to copy down your settings first though as they will get defaulted to how it comes from the factory.)

You'll have to rebind it to your Xbox after that.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I think it's a faulty connection with the PS/2 port at the wheel. The throttle starts to lose 'power' throughout a lap, as if there were a loose wire in there. Replugging the cable sometimes fixes it for a few laps.

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Well my friend had a faulty ps/2 cable that came with his standard pedals, it had erratic brake engagement on his standard pedals and my clubsports. I suppose you used a usb cable on the pc?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Holy poo poo the classic Sirocco is awesome!

full cam upgrade and close-ratio gearbox, driving it sounds like this: "braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap *shift* BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!"

Most fun I've had in a long while, it also seems to massively outclass AI, even on very hard :(

EDIT: Wait a second... is the Suzuki 4X thing purposely made useless? There's not enough upgrades to bring it upto class and the only thing to reduce Pi is slapping ugly-rear end DUBS on it, which still leaves it only 2 Pi away from being R2. Its so close to being able to be super useful, but all its good for is doing a few laps for fun. If I'd known I wouldn't have spent my last mil on it :(

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 17, 2011

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Falken posted:

Come race like that on Wednesday. We're doing a LeMons Race. That setup would be perfect! =)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jabs posted:

Come race like that on Wednesday. We're doing a LeMons Race. That setup would be perfect! =)

Restrictions for this race: everyone must stuff a sock behind their gas pedal.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh hey, what's this?

Well well well, that was quick. I only ordered you on Tuesday!

This is one fine piece of kit - I'm somewhat shocked at how much better it is than the PWTS. I was wondering that it might not be twice as good, but it is.

I had to flash it to the 715 firmware (which adds Autoclutch) and it's really a fantastic device. Smooth, accurate, incredibly strong FFB, and even with the default settings it feels a ton better with post-patch Forza 4, the lighter wheel rim really is noticeable when you're wrestling for control - a lot easier to toss it back and forth for counter and correction steering. (I do attribute some of the better response to the more updated firmware, which I assume will follow for the PWTS/GT2 shortly.)

I'm really sort of taken aback at how much more precision there is, the PWTS/GT2 is also a fine piece of equipment but this just takes it a couple more levels. Running some track days, I'm threading cars through traffic with abandon and laughing out loud at some of the amazing new things I'm doing thanks to the additional control.

The paddle shifters are another huge improvement - I was pretty used to the PWTS ones and liked them fine, a lot of people don't love their action as it is that of a short throw microswitch - but these have a much more satisfying short pull and very distinct action feel as you engage the gear - I wasn't aware at how much the PWTS ones could have improved, but now I do know. It's going to be hard to try using that now, this has really spoiled me in even a short amount of driving.

Autoclutch is incredible - finally I can flat shift when I'm driving a car with a supermodern DSG and actual paddleshifters (Ferarri 458 anyone?) and not lose time to controller users mashing the dual-button method. I'm really digging that feature, I think they said it was going to be coming to the PWTS/GT2 firmware soon.

Very exceptional design and build quality, everything about this is just nice. I'm very pleased with it so far.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 17, 2011

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
FUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sorry buddy. You're gonna have to get one now! :v:

• Locked thread