Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The Li'l Gary bit was definitely a low point in the episode (I have not heard an episode with him before, so maybe I'm missing something), but the rest of the episode is so great that it's honestly not worth complaining about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

SpacePig posted:

The Li'l Gary bit was definitely a low point in the episode (I have not heard an episode with him before, so maybe I'm missing something), but the rest of the episode is so great that it's honestly not worth complaining about.

Oh poo poo, that means you haven't heard iBrain

poo poo dude.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/and-a-happy-new-year/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Oh poo poo you're in for one now boy

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lil Gary is great.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SpacePig posted:

Lil Gary's christmas song was pure inspired genius and Dame Sir Andrew Loyd Webber Boss agrees.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

CommunistMojo posted:

Lil Gary's christmas song was pure inspired genius and Dame Sir Andrew Loyd Webber Boss agrees.

*Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber Boss

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

caveman thug poo poo posted:

*Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber Boss

There is just something about you.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Li'l Gary is an acquired taste. Once you acquire it, though, he is great.

Also I have a 4-year-old cousin Gary, named after my Uncle Gary. Every time one of my relatives calls him "Little Gary" I have to fight down a smirk.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

CommunistMojo posted:

Honestly it might be the highlight of the episode for me.

Also, am I the only one who likes Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber more than Cake Boss? PFT just seems so natural in the character.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Lord Wexia posted:

Honestly it might be the highlight of the episode for me.

Also, am I the only one who likes Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber more than Cake Boss? PFT just seems so natural in the character.

I normally don't like Little Gary but this time it was actually quite enjoyable, I like Tom Lennon's songs.

PFT's ALW is great, but I like his Ice T most :)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

ElCondemn posted:

PFT's ALW is great, but I like his Ice T most :)

I love all of his characters, really, but I was hoping as hard as I could that Ice T would show up in the rap battle. I mean, it went on kinda long, but it was funny through and through, and I would love to hear PFT try to rap about Christmas as Ice T.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

SpacePig posted:

iBrain trip report, please. That whole episode is just beyond funny

And if you guys haven't heard Who Charted's christmas episode, it's totally amazing. It costs $3 but it's some of the best PFT of all time (non-character category)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I loved how many people were in studio and just doing bits and laughing their asses off. Sounded very fun.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I loved how many people were in studio and just doing bits and laughing their asses off. Sounded very fun.

I enjoyed this, too. It's probably the loosest episode I can think of, but it really sounded like they were having fun, which made it a really good listen.

Between this week's and last week's, CBB has been on a roll. Some really good stuff.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The Li'l Gary song straight through to the end was one insanely hilarious build up. I loved it. Just goofing off, having fun, trying to throw each other off. The Jelloem slayed me.

My favourite part: "I'll miss you the most, Harriiiisss!"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

LesterGroans posted:

My favourite part: "I'll miss you the most, Harriiiisss!"

His absolute contempt for Harris the entire episode, only to close the show saying this, absolutely slayed me.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

soggybagel posted:

Yeah, I actually miss that spontaneity on the new CBB. Hearing everyone cracking themselves up reminded me of the heyday of CDR. It sounded like they were really having fun. No so-so interview segments or in-studio musical guests (which truthfully doesn't bother me all the time). It sounded like a classic CDR episode. Ridiculous, loose, tons of great improv. I think that it helped that they were also all very "classic" guests and characters.

Edit: And everybody hating Harris might have been the best ongoing joke of the episode. Wittels perfectly plays the sidekick on the show whenever he's there. He really is one of the best guests.

"That's not a real name."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Blackula69 posted:

Oh poo poo, that means you haven't heard iBrain

poo poo dude.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/and-a-happy-new-year/

Blackula69 posted:

iBrain trip report, please. That whole episode is just beyond funny

I had heard iBrain in the Best of 2010 episode, and it was pretty amazing. I had honestly forgotten what it was until I went to listen to this episode in full while I went through the mall yesterday. I had to walk out of a couple of stores because I was laughing too hard at this story, and almost had to sit down a few times.

The Li'l Gary bit was pretty funny, I guess it jsut comes down to that, outside of Rap Battle, I don't really like songs by characters. I dunno. The Christian Community whatever guy was alright, I guess, but again, I don't really like songs by characters. Like, I tend to fast forward through the songs they play in the first place, so having a character song in there just doesn't appeal to me.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oh my God that rap battle just kept escalating and getting crazier and crazier.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I am really disappointed that no one has taken Little Gary's Christmas song and put it on youtube yet.

I want to send it to everyone that I know.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

PFT three weeks in a row? Oh, Scott Oxserman, you spoil me!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Proud to say, my strategy of voting for one episode instead of ten paid off! It was the top episode from today's Best of '11 Pt. 2.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

plastered quack posted:

Proud to say, my strategy of voting for one episode instead of ten paid off! It was the top episode from today's Best of '11 Pt. 2.

I can't listen just yet since I'm at work, but can you spoil for me whether Farts and Procreation is in the top five? This is important, and me listening to this episode in a timely manner hinges pretty exclusively on this.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

SpacePig posted:

I can't listen just yet since I'm at work, but can you spoil for me whether Farts and Procreation is in the top five? This is important, and me listening to this episode in a timely manner hinges pretty exclusively on this.

Yes we could spoiler it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Bunk Rogers posted:

Yes we could spoiler it.

No need to be a wise-apple. :mad:

Anyway, Scott's Twitter pretty much answered my question, so whatever!

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

SpacePig posted:

No need to be a wise-apple. :mad:

Anyway, Scott's Twitter pretty much answered my question, so whatever!

I totally Wittels'd that post.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

SpacePig posted:

Hint: it's the only one I voted on

Also, From twitter:

@ScottAukerman posted:

Look for me at @phish tonight. cc: @twittles

God speed, Saucerman. Don't come back without that recording :patriot:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 29, 2011

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

plastered quack posted:

Also, From twitter:

quote:

@ScottAukerman posted:
Look for me at @phish tonight. cc: @twittles

I came here to post this. While I'm not a Phish fan nor any sort of TCC advocate, I honestly can't wait to hear this.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

plastered quack posted:

Hint: it's the only one I voted on

Also, From twitter:

Oh my god yes! I cannot wait to hear this, I want it so badly.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Holy poo poo. I love Anylyze Phish soooo much. I think they should intercut recordings of them at the concert with them in studio with Adam Scott talking about it. Mostly because I love Adam Scott.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones
https://twitter.com/#!/PFTompkins/status/150319916942233601

" Oh, @ScottAukerman, you son of a BITCH. "

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jyrka posted:

Oh god, he must've been paranoid as hell. Cannot wait for this.

In other news, the new Gelmania is up.
Fans of Gelman's short stories from CBB might want to listen, since this one contains "Oink Friday", the short story he was cut off from reading on last year's CBB christmas episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Thanks to this show, I can't hear "Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go" without laughing anymore after "Jitterbuggin'". This really shouldn't be a problem, but it's on the radio station that play at my work, so I ehar it all of the time.

It killed me when they started singing it in the Best Of episode. It was honestly one of my favorite moments of the year.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

https://twitter.com/#!/PFTompkins/status/150319916942233601

" Oh, @ScottAukerman, you son of a BITCH. "

Am I missing something or is the joke just that it's for 15 cents? I have a feeling I'm not catching on to some deep deep CBB cut reference.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

indigi posted:

Am I missing something or is the joke just that it's for 15 cents? I have a feeling I'm not catching on to some deep deep CBB cut reference.

nah that's it

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

plastered quack posted:

In other news, the new Gelmania is up.
Fans of Gelman's short stories from CBB might want to listen, since this one contains "Oink Friday", the short story he was cut off from reading on last year's CBB christmas episode.

Gelman's persona is wearing thin already. I think he should parcel out his bits in smaller servings, Bob Ducca-style.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

I disagree.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HaterBaby posted:

I disagree.

As do I. I could listen to Gellman yell about complete nonsense all day. I still say his opening interview with himself in episode 2 was one of the funniest things I have heard in a long drat time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
The dramatic readings of his Toupee series are just fantastic. It's good to see they're coming in rather often too.