Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
It almost reads like Dave was exasperated by his son taking interrupting his podcast time. Just ridiculous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I imagine a person like Dave would be worse off if he took time off from work. He'd probably freak his son out by obsessing over every detail.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Dave's son oversold the injury and the whole thing seems like a work. -**

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Holy poo poo.

I heard the podcast and thought it was just a dumb family thing or stitches, not an overnight in the ICU.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dave Meltzer posted:

Zombie apocalypse occurred on Monday. Observer will be delayed until Thursday this week.

Dave Meltzer posted:

Meteor scheduled to hit earth and cause a global ice age; double issue of the observer: second issue is the rise and fall of Japanese wrestling.

:salute:

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dave is constantly flustered and rambling when he talks about wrestling, the thing he knows better than anything else in the world.

Just imagine his composure when his son goes to the hospital.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

HulkaMatt posted:

Dave doesn't take day offs.
Dave is the John Cena of wrestling journalism.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Moose Bigelow posted:

Dave's son oversold the injury and the whole thing seems like a work. -**

Dave Meltzer posted:

Zombie apocalypse occurred on Monday. Observer will be delayed until Thursday this week.

Dave Meltzer posted:

Meteor scheduled to hit earth and cause a global ice age; double issue of the observer: second issue is the rise and fall of Japanese wrestling.

These cracked me the hell up.

Also, Christmas Show should be up soon!

edit: I've got one for myself.

Dave Meltzer posted:

My son was in the ICU the other night, and it was two of the worst hours of my life. All in all, I'd rate the thing around your average episode of Impact.

edit2: "I hope you all didn't hear that."

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 21, 2011

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bryan is a lightweight wimp.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

quote:

Here is is, folks, the shortest Bryan & Vinny Show of all time. Twenty minutes. We did the Christmas Show earlier. Big mistake. Big mistake. So Vinny reviews Raw and Smackdown and Bryan is in the room. Wasn't a whole lot to talk about anyway. This will never happen again.

How the hell could Bryan, having done this poo poo for six years now, possibly think it would be a good idea to tape a regular B&V show after doing the Christmas show.

On the other hand, Christmas show should be an epic clusterfuck as usual. Can't wait. :munch:

E:

Gonzo McFee posted:

Bryan is a lightweight wimp.

Yup. Listening to B&V now. Bryan is half-dead even after sleeping off the Christmas show. Vinny is fine. Because he's not a lightweight wimp. Like Bryan.

Borh fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 21, 2011

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
To be fair Bryan weighs like 90 lbs and apparently drinks only one time a year

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

triplexpac posted:

To be fair Bryan weighs like 90 lbs and apparently drinks only one time a year

So it was an accurate description then. :colbert:

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
I don't listen to Meltzer a lot, but I had no idea he had procreated.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frilled Lizard posted:

Ladies love bodybuilders.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Frilled Lizard posted:

It had a lot of heat at the beginning, but the finish was anticlimactic and came out of nowhere.

**3/4

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Grant DaNasty posted:

It had a lot of heat at the beginning, but the finish was anticlimactic and came out of nowhere.

**3/4
False report. They locked up a few big moves later and it was all she wrote in 0:37. DUD

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Moose Bigelow posted:

False report. They locked up a few big moves later and it was all she wrote in 0:37. DUD

I'm told she also didn't sell the finish.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

dshban what have you done

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Luckily it was followed by a hour long classic preformed by four Japanese legends.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Moose Bigelow posted:

The real reason why Dave has a kid is because his dick lost a máscara contra máscara match the week before.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I picture in 20 years or so Dave will hand the keys to his laserjet printer and laptop over to his son, grab his coat, put on a fedora and hike towards a mysterious mountain. When he ascends that mountain, he will find a still-living Vince McMahon, with a long, thing beard as white as the piles of snow that he sat on, waiting for him. The two men will briefly sit together, and though no spoken words could be heard by any that observed this scene, it was impossible to not understand that they were communicating with each other. Then, the two men get up, and walk into a thick snowstorm, and other than being illuminated by a brief flash of light, will never be seen by any living being on Earth again, until the world changes.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Chilly McFreeze posted:

dshban what have you done

I'm sorry, I love you

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS
Briscoes interview is so good. Mark certainly didn't like being called a pussy.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

gibsonisacripple posted:

Briscoes interview is so good. Mark certainly didn't like being called a pussy.

Yeah, really good interview. However, I learned a couple of new things about Bryan.

1. He apparently thinks conception is the same as giving birth. Either that, or he mistakenly believes Mark Briscoe's wife can asexually reproduce.

2. He doesn't know who the expression "old lady" is referring to.

3. Also he doesn't appear to have ever heard of "hair of the dog"

Mark Briscoe seriously sounded like Adam Sandler from The Waterboy during the interview. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. My favorite part of the interview was right at the end, where Mark explains he doesn't know how to get a Twitter account.

j. fed
Nov 4, 2008

I'd say the most interesting thing I learned is that one can go streaking in Sandy Fork, Delaware, as long as one has a permit for said activity.

That, and Mark Briscoe has the whole municipal government in his back pocket. Kind of like the chicken mafia, I suppose. The more you know, eh?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

j. fed posted:

I'd say the most interesting thing I learned is that one can go streaking in Sandy Fork, Delaware, as long as one has a permit for said activity.

That, and Mark Briscoe has the whole municipal government in his back pocket. Kind of like the chicken mafia, I suppose. The more you know, eh?

The Briscoes are the most famous residents of Sandy Fork, so there is no reason to think anyone in local government would dare gently caress with them.

j. fed
Nov 4, 2008

I dare say that the Briscoes are the most famous persons to own the denonym of "Delawarian". Joe Biden is the only other one I could name off the top of my head.

Which isn't to disparage Delaware; If they were from the Midwest I could say that the Briscoes would be the most recognizable people living in Chicago if they were mainstream celebrities. Especially Mark. Hopefully he never turns to a life of crime since he'd get picked out of a police lineup easier than a Muslim waiting for a TSA screening.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRayPer posted:

The Briscoes are the most famous residents of Sandy Fork, so there is no reason to think anyone in local government would dare gently caress with them.

That and I'm picturing their local government as being no more than five people, none of whom are half as crazy as the Briscoes. I mean, Mark had to be physically restrained from attempting a drunken shooting star press onto a bunch of rowdy Sox fans at Camden Yards. God only knows what they're like on home turf.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Did this year's holiday episode already happen? If so, what day?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

That and I'm picturing their local government as being no more than five people, none of whom are half as crazy as the Briscoes. I mean, Mark had to be physically restrained from attempting a drunken shooting star press onto a bunch of rowdy Sox fans at Camden Yards. God only knows what they're like on home turf.

I am honestly surprised they have a mayor and not a board of selectmen.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Rick posted:

They taped it on Monday, I think. Bryan said it should be up some time tomorrow.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Rick posted:

They taped it on Tuesday or something, the next day's Bryan and Vinny show was about 20 minutes long with Vinny reviewing Raw and SD and Bryan pausing the show to go be sick

It's up on Xmas Eve

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The best of F4/WO 2011 compilation went up:

DON'T DO THIS

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 24, 2011

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

God, sendspace is the worst.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Perigryn posted:

The best of F4/WO 2011 compilation went up:

DON'T DO THIS

That's pretty cool, but WHERE'S MY CHRISTMAS SHOW, BRYAN? :argh:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 24, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

God, sendspace is the worst.

Truthfact. Are there any other hosts so I can download this on my phone?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Truthfact. Are there any other hosts so I can download this on my phone?
Would mediafire or megaupload work? I could reupload it to one of them later.

Edit: In today's' Observer Radio, Dave said he was at the hospital with his son for 'hours and hours' and couldn't watch Raw because his son was watching tv in the hospital room. What they did watch was Popeye...which led to an amusing conversion with Bryan.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 24, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Would mediafire or megaupload work? I could reupload it to one of them later.

That would be great, thanks. I don't have access to my computer until thursday so all my stuff is phone based until then and send space requires software to run before you can download.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

That would be great, thanks. I don't have access to my computer until thursday so all my stuff is phone based until then and send space requires software to run before you can download.
Alrighty. I'll get to it in a few hours when I'm off work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Perigryn posted:

It IS a large file (270+ mb) so it could take a while over the phone lol

The internet speed isn't a problem. Wireless is connected and it's a 50mbit line

• Locked thread