Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Falken posted:

Are the paddles adjustable like the csp wheel?

No, not on the base rim anyway. They're quite large though (maybe 6" from top to bottom) and seem to be positioned pretty well to be reachable from all methods of holding the rim, and they rotate with the wheel.

They are definitely a big step up from the PWTS and the action on them feels a lot more ergonomically pleasing - the short range of motion on the PWTS gearshift tends to make my hands tired after a lengthy session and I've not had issues yet with these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

wolrah posted:

AWD PI calculation was broken in FM3, so comparing equal PI cars between the two games anything AWD will be slower in FM4.

Stock vs. stock it should be similar though.

More accurately, for the same specs (power, weight, etc) the car should behave very similarly. However, in FM4 the PI will be considerably higher than the PI in FM3 for an identically-specced car due to that AWD recalculation.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011
My miata for tomorrow night.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Very nice. What are the graphic requirements for tomorrow night (and what time)?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Quit LLJK and sent a request to AUGR. Sorry I haven't been active recently.

Edit: The SVT Raptor is the most ridiculous thing ever, I love it.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 21, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gran Turismo 5 got the new Toyota GT86 yesterday as free DLC. I'm hoping the car eventually shows up in Forza 4, I would much rather have it in this. It's a nice little sports car that weighs 1230kg.

Speaking of DLC, we should be finding out about the January DLC next week. :D I can't believe how fast time flew this month.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
I'm not going to make the race tonight (I'm sick. No Trivia for me last night, either. Bleh.) - but that doesn't mean that it's cancelled. (Well, maybe the LeMons part, since I didn't get any rules up for it a decent amount ahead of time.)

So. That in mind - I'm going to modify the schedule to 2x 30 minute GoonSpec Showroom Stock Spec Miata sprints.
One at Fujimi Kaido (as scheduled) and one at a track of y'all's choice.

Any one of the 'regulars' should be able to run it on my behalf. All I'll need to update the scoring is for someone to post up the starting/finishing order.

So bummed. I've been looking forward to running on that ridiculous mountain for a month now... poo poo.

Anyway, Here's the rules for your bookmarking plaisir.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I wish there was a way to go back and rechoose cars that you picked as rewards, see their stats when you first get them, or be able to test drive them before you select or something.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Brace posted:

I wish there was a way to go back and rechoose cars that you picked as rewards, see their stats when you first get them, or be able to test drive them before you select or something.

Yeah why is there no test driving... ever?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can test drive any car in Free Play mode, use the Hot Lap option.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Turn 10 just sent out the Integra Unicorn to all VIPs as a Christmas present. Sweet.

11/17 unicorns...

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Cannot Find Server posted:

Turn 10 just sent out the Integra Unicorn to all VIPs as a Christmas present. Sweet.

11/17 unicorns...

I still have 0 :negative:

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

CaseFace McGee posted:

I still have 0 :negative:

Haha look at this scrub.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cannot Find Server posted:

11/17 unicorns...

I got that and a DB5?

I had a play with the integra, the gearing is realy nice compared to the non mugen car. I bumped it up to the top of B to see how it would fare against my non mugen DC5, suprisingly (or not I guess) they set fairly simmilar times.

Although the normal one is supercharged, so it has a power advantage so you end up fighting the torque steer in the corners. Where the mugen car is allot easier to place exactly where you want it. Also the shorter gearing realy suits the car.

Also, has anyone tried out the new suspension calc yet? Its been out for a while but i've just been using the old fm3 one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Idiot race posted:

I got that and a DB5?

I had a play with the integra, the gearing is realy nice compared to the non mugen car. I bumped it up to the top of B to see how it would fare against my non mugen DC5, suprisingly (or not I guess) they set fairly simmilar times.

Although the normal one is supercharged, so it has a power advantage so you end up fighting the torque steer in the corners. Where the mugen car is allot easier to place exactly where you want it. Also the shorter gearing realy suits the car.

Also, has anyone tried out the new suspension calc yet? Its been out for a while but i've just been using the old fm3 one.

I also got a DB5, which would be nice if I didn't already own one. Oh well.

The Integra is pretty good. I tuned mine to S Class because I love bad ideas, and it actually somehow works pretty well at S700. It's definitely not a Unicorn I'd pick if I had a choice (all I want is that drat 360 CS), but I can't argue with free!

The new calc is pretty good; I've used it as a starting point to set up a few cars (since I'm pretty terrible on my own) and it's worked well for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I want that M3 GTR

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Cojawfee posted:

I want that M3 GTR

Seconded

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Day Man posted:

Seconded

Thirded.

I work for BMW, you would think I'd get a freebie or something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

I want that M3 GTR

It's a pretty good car :smug:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fatrick posted:

Thirded.

Especially with the way BMW hands out cars to tracks for safety/pace car usage. You get a chunk of pavement in a vaguely circular shape and you're gonna be drowning in BMW's.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
I'm kind of disappointed that you can't share the Integra unicorn giveaway in your club's garage. Ditto with a couple of others I've received. I thought it was because of the paint job, but I pulled that off and now I still can't share it and can't put the livery back on. Fantastic.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I got the DB5 but didn't get the Integra, not that it's a big deal. Still cool to get a present at any time.:)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress Christmas, next week is the January DLC pack announcement! Way more excited for that. :D

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

Fatrick posted:

Thirded.

Cool, what do you do there?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I don't get it, I'm in my Opel, which is an R2 set at 875. My world tours options are two R1 races, and an S class race... ??? Isn't it supposed to be matched to your car?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Supposed to, but ain't.

Much as this game owns, they really did overpromise on how adaptable the world tour was going to be.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
You can usually trick it into giving you something closer to what you want to race in. Try going changing into a couple different classes of cars and it will change up the events.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My favorite is when you're in, say, an A class car and it offers you a race in some other class you're interested in (let's call it B class Roadsters) but want to buy and upgrade a new car for - so you back out and get a new Mazdaspeed Lightweight and go do some upgrading... once you're in that new, appropriate car for the damnable event, it no longer offers you that race. :bahgawd:

So you have to go get back into the original A class car, get offered the Roadster race again, and then choose the switch to car option.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The only way I am able to get most F-class races is to choose the Ford Ka, so the game offers me the "City Car" event.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Brace posted:

I don't get it, I'm in my Opel, which is an R2 set at 875. My world tours options are two R1 races, and an S class race... ??? Isn't it supposed to be matched to your car?

Usually it's 2 events matched to your cars range, ie events the car can compete in with upgrades or vanilla. The third event is meant to expand your horizon.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

einTier posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that you can't share the Integra unicorn giveaway in your club's garage. Ditto with a couple of others I've received. I thought it was because of the paint job, but I pulled that off and now I still can't share it and can't put the livery back on. Fantastic.

Put your own tune on it and you should be able to share it. You can't share anything with a locked setup or paint job, and unicorns always have locked setups at first, even stock. I had to do this with all the other unicorns I've shared, despite them being stock when I received them.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
I love this game, it has a shitload of sweet vintage cars that I've always lusted after! the only thing that drives me crazy is how a lot of cars are RHD because they're the domestic market version of the car and not the U.S. version. I mean points for authenticity but, it's a video game, wouldn't it be super easy to offer some way to flip the cockpits. Like just put in the options menu.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Huggable Bear King posted:

I love this game, it has a shitload of sweet vintage cars that I've always lusted after! the only thing that drives me crazy is how a lot of cars are RHD because they're the domestic market version of the car and not the U.S. version. I mean points for authenticity but, it's a video game, wouldn't it be super easy to offer some way to flip the cockpits. Like just put in the options menu.

No, they have to completely rescan and remodel that car's interior. It would take to long and is to expensive. The resources could be used on making a whole new car instead. Every car they pick is one where they were able to borrow it from someone to scan and take pictures of anyways. So if they don't have access to the real physical car itself, they can't do it.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 24, 2011

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

drat those cars for not being AMERICUHN!

Get over it. Most of the cars I like are LHD and as a Briton, I don't complain.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If they flipped it all the dials would be backwards.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That question gets brought up a lot, so it's kinda annoying at this point. Besides, Gran Turismo 5 does this, although ironically only for it's standard cars. But it has the Japanese/American/European variations of every single year of Mazda Miata and Nisssan Skyline, if that's your thing.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Falken posted:

drat those cars for not being AMERICUHN!

Get over it. Most of the cars I like are LHD and as a Briton, I don't complain.

Eh, cut him some slack. I find it a little hard to drive the RHD stuff in traffic at times.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Take this car list with a grain of salt, it's all rumor right now, but this might be the January DLC pack:

1995 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8
2012 Citroën DS4
1964 Lotus Cortina
1991 Mazda 787B
1958 MG A Twin-Cam
2012 MINI Coupe JCW
1987 RUF CTR
1997 Volvo 850R

I hope to god the Alfa comes with the DTM bodykit as an upgrade.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

I said come in! posted:

1995 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8
2012 Citroën DS4
1964 Lotus Cortina
1991 Mazda 787B
1958 MG A Twin-Cam
2012 MINI Coupe JCW
1987 RUF CTR
1997 Volvo 850R

Holy poo poo, if this is right, then their actually making car pack's that are decent for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

I said come in! posted:

1991 Mazda 787B

Oh gently caress.

• Locked thread