Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
Here, have a Multiupload link that allows you to choose from a bunch of different hosts:

DON'T DO THIS

Also, not in time to make this year's best of, but a prime candidate for 2012, I just heard Dave explain the problems with the booking of Rock/Cena vs Truth/Miz by comparing it of the archetypal structure of the episodes of the old Popeye The Sailorman cartoon. It was enough to make me forgive Bryan for being lazy with putting up the Christmas show.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Borh posted:

Here, have a Multiupload link that allows you to choose from a bunch of different hosts:

DON'T DO THIS

Also, not in time to make this year's best of, but a prime candidate for 2012, I just heard Dave explain the problems with the booking of Rock/Cena vs Truth/Miz by comparing it of the archetypal structure of the episodes of the old Popeye The Sailorman cartoon. It was enough to make me forgive Bryan for being lazy with putting up the Christmas show.

Thanks, man. Opened the file and heard a guitar version of "Oh Susannah". Download justified.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 24, 2011

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hey how about you not link a giant file that people are supposed to pay for?

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

LordPants posted:

My god :psyduck:

Bryan was infuriating and seemed to show no awareness of how UFC is actually booked.
This is why I like Todd, he's the only one who doesn't decide it's just easier to let Bryan say stupid things.

Good Listener posted:

So the Briscoes are gonna be on Figure 4 Daily tomorrow. This should be some good good radio coming up if it's anything like last year's Briscoes interview.
Total opposite of what I expected, they were charming!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Yeah, the Briscoes are hilarious. I can't tell where their gimmick ends and their real life begins, truly masters of their craft.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

HulkaMatt posted:

poo poo, you're right. I forgot about that for a moment. Sorry about that.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

HulkaMatt posted:

Sorry.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

maniacripper posted:

Yeah, the Briscoes are hilarious. I can't tell where their gimmick ends

It doesn't. They have surprising bouts of good manners, though.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The christmas show just got posted.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 24, 2011

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HOLIDAY SHOW? HOLIDAY SHOW! drat YOU ATHEISTIC MEXICAN INDIE GEEK YOU WILL PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am excited.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

HOLIDAY SHOW? HOLIDAY SHOW! drat YOU ATHEISTIC MEXICAN INDIE GEEK YOU WILL PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am excited.

Acceptable, if it means the return of Brent "The Smooth Kremenal" Kremen. (Please let there be some Brent on this show).

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

"Shut up Bryan I want to talk to Vince." - Karl Stern

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Who were the guys at #9? The great Canadian Power outte joke.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arbite posted:

Who were the guys at #9? The great Canadian Power outte joke.

Alan, Eamo, and Justin Shapiro. Their "Just Eamoing to Please" series is probably the best stuff on the site.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That's part of Dr. Keith Presents. Prob my favorite show on the site.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Karl Stern posted:

Vince...[what I need you to do is] just face palm Bryan into the wall, and let him jujitsu all over your arm for a while, and just hold him there until he cries.

Worth listening to the christmas show for.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Or if you want Brent Kremen's phone number.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The highlight or lowlight for me was Vinny declaring Bryan's wife has "body issues." That shouldn't be funny, but the way neither of them seemed to notice exactly what he said cracked me up.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The highlight was Vinny's growing anger from reading the ingredients of the health food.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i liked the christmas show this year

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The highlight was Vinny's growing anger from reading the ingredients of the health food.

Karl Stern was spot on: Vinny has great comedic timing, he just lets Bryan boss him around too much to display it. As he was going through this absolutely ridiculous list of things that bar of whatever the gently caress it was didn't contain, while being drunk as hell, he still managed to subtly interject "no joy". That made me crack up.

I was disappointed that a lot of people (Brent especially) didn't answer the phone, but I guess that's what they get for doing the show at 2 pm.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Borh posted:

Karl Stern was spot on: Vinny has great comedic timing, he just lets Bryan boss him around too much to display it. As he was going through this absolutely ridiculous list of things that bar of whatever the gently caress it was didn't contain, while being drunk as hell, he still managed to subtly interject "no joy". That made me crack up.

I was disappointed that a lot of people (Brent especially) didn't answer the phone, but I guess that's what they get for doing the show at 2 pm.

Tell me we at least get drunken bothering of Lance Storm. The first time they put him on the list was gold, with Vinny's drunken rant on his voicemail and then stumbling apology when he called back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They need to call Dave. I want to hear Dave on the Holiday show.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Tell me we at least get drunken bothering of Lance Storm. The first time they put him on the list was gold, with Vinny's drunken rant on his voicemail and then stumbling apology when he called back.

Sadly he didn't answer the phone, either.

MassRayPer posted:

They need to call Dave. I want to hear Dave on the Holiday show.

Yes. I don't care if Bryan shuts down the site forever out of shame the following morning, as long as he posts the show first, but this really needs to happen some day.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Borh posted:

Sadly he didn't answer the phone, either.

I'd like to think Lance was at home with his wife and kids, recognized the caller ID, remembered what day it was, and calmly passed them along to voicemail this year.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"You know what I feel like, Vinny?"
"What do you feel like, Chico?"
"I feel like Matt Hardy..."

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

It's too bad they already released that Best of 2011 compilation because I thought the WOR from the other day was full of great moments like Dave Meltzer recently in the hospital room with his son and getting annoyed when his son wanted to watch Popeye instead of raw. Then he started talking about booking Popeye.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Yeah, I don't think I laughed that hard at a WOR since the discussion about fighting in the water.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Yeah, I don't think I laughed that hard at a WOR since the discussion about fighting in the water.

My favorite moment was easily Bryan describing how Sting held Bischoff hostage with the bird. "HE SOLD FOR THE BIRD!" had me laughing so hard.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I'm listening to the Christmas Show now, jesus Bryan's "English" accent has me in tears

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I somehow missed the dancing queen show.

Also Mike Coughlin in the top 10 again. :frogc00l:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

HulkaMatt posted:

I somehow missed the dancing queen show.

Also Mike Coughlin in the top 10 again. :frogc00l:

I think his other moment should have been #1.

"Okay, let's look at the map here..."

Thirty seconds of silence

"gently caress I'M GOING THE WRONG WAY! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:WrestleMania_III

Just read this before you listen to B&V. :)

edit: "Manipulating the knob with my mouth" is going in a drop.

So is "WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN???"

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 28, 2011

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Today's B&V is worth listening to just for the discussion about Mighty Bomb Jack.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I have quite a bit of free time at the moment, does anyone have any recommendations from the Observer/F4 archives?

Any reviews of PPV's or shows/interviews that were particularly memorable?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sue Denim posted:

I have quite a bit of free time at the moment, does anyone have any recommendations from the Observer/F4 archives?

Any reviews of PPV's or shows/interviews that were particularly memorable?
Observer and F4 recaps of Victory Road 2009 and 2011 come to mind.
Sammartino's interviews are great.
Any of the shows that discuss World of Hurt, Memphis Heat or Urban Wrestling Federation.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 28, 2011

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Perigryn posted:

Observer and F4 recaps of Victory Road 2009 and 2011 come to mind.
Sammartino's interviews are great.
Any of the shows that discuss World of Hurt, Memphis Heat or Urban Wrestling Federation.

That, plus my standard answer of the review of the BARBED WIRED CHRISTMAS TREE~! edition of Impact. It's the December 21st 2007 B&V show. It's seasonal too. In that spirit, you could also check out the Christmas shows, if drunken ramblings and unfortunate phone calls are the sort of thing that appeals to you.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh god, Bryan's talking about Mighty Bomb Jack.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Borh posted:

That, plus my standard answer of the review of the BARBED WIRED CHRISTMAS TREE~! edition of Impact. It's the December 21st 2007 B&V show. It's seasonal too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV2CNpJhmiU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Bryan has apparently just come to the realization that it is not a good idea for a 140 pound man to start drinking on an empty stomach at 2 pm, proceed to get totally wasted, eat an enormous amount of food afterwards, go out on a loving boat and then try to do another radio show a few hours later with no sleep in between. I guess there's hope for him yet.

• Locked thread