Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Tuna
Feb 23, 2011

"The accents on that Gazeebow Unit song are bizarre, they jump between perfect Cork and English West country, would never have guessed that they're Canadian. Was Newfoundland settled by Irish and just isolated enough to have preserved the accent?"
Does anyone know the name of the dance track mashed with ac/dc at 2.22 of "Back on Crack" by Yacth Club DJ's? It's driving me nuts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Da Hool - Meet Her At the Love Parade

Lone Tuna
Feb 23, 2011

"The accents on that Gazeebow Unit song are bizarre, they jump between perfect Cork and English West country, would never have guessed that they're Canadian. Was Newfoundland settled by Irish and just isolated enough to have preserved the accent?"

Thanks, have a 5 minute Christmas mashup from DJ Yoda in return.

http://soundcloud.com/dj-yoda-uk/5-minute-christmas-mini-mix

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Best of Bootie 2011 is out!

I'd been checking periodically over the last few weeks but missed it until now. Can't wait to give it a spin! :)

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!
DJ Earworm's United State of Pop 2011 is out. It's pretty bad imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ail7D_k0s9w&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

e: Germany's pop mashup for 2011 on the otherhand owns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcMsGX855zo

enthe0s fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 26, 2011

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
Bad as in badass, right

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It'd be better if he could've been able to use studio acapellas for more than 10% of the songs. The artifacting is a bit discracting.

Then again, it took a while for 2009's to grow on me but it's now pretty much my favorite thing he's done.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!

icicle bob posted:

Bad as in badass, right

I listened to it a couple more times and it's not as bad as I originally thought, so it's growing on me.

flatluigi posted:

It'd be better if he could've been able to use studio acapellas for more than 10% of the songs. The artifacting is a bit discracting.

Then again, it took a while for 2009's to grow on me but it's now pretty much my favorite thing he's done.

I agree that 2009 is the best he's done as well.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I think 2009 is his best too, but his Capital FM "Like. OMG Baby" track isn't far behind. 2011 is pretty fun on first listen as well.

JustLikeMe
Jan 9, 2005
So according to their facebook page, it looks like we can expect the new Super Mash Bros album to drop sometime this month..

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm eagerly awaiting something new from Ludachrist. Bangfest and Talk is Cheap are two of my favorite mashup things, ever

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Milkman always posts new things on his facebook but they're always lovely dance music :spergin:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

He just posted a new EP will be out tuesday!

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Except he said he was only ever gonna do 3 mashup CDs, and given the preview I heard, this EP won't be mashup but rather his generic dance music he seems to think is better. So yeh, don't get your hopes up.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Nam Taf posted:

Except he said he was only ever gonna do 3 mashup CDs, and given the preview I heard, this EP won't be mashup but rather his generic dance music he seems to think is better. So yeh, don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, that really sucks since his new EP will sound terrible if his sampler is anything to go by.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

printf posted:

Yeah, that really sucks since his new EP will sound terrible if his sampler is anything to go by.

https://www.facebook.com/milkmanmusic/posts/273093942745199

i like how milkman only "likes" the comment that disses on mashups.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

It seems Madeon did a live show in the UK the other day, which can be viewed/listened to here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00np6g0

I am enjoying it.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
super mash bros are slowly releasing their tracks

https://www.facebook.com/sprmshbros?sk=wall

here's the first one:

http://soundcloud.com/super-mash-bros/holy-guacamole/s-EUIP8

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Saw Girl Talk at Big Day Out the other day in forty degrees c heat, was so sweaty by the time his set ended that my fingers had pruned up and my clothes were drenched and it was so awesome. It was the best!

JustLikeMe
Jan 9, 2005
So the new Super Mash Bros album is set to drop at 5pm PST! Really like both of the tracks that they've released so far, especially '“Yo dawg, I heard you like music so I put songs in this song so you can listen to music while you listen to music.” -Xzibit'. Hope the rest of the album lives up to these tracks, as I thought the last mashup album I was looking forward to (Smokeshow) kinda sucked. As a side note, the name 'Miley High Club' entertains me far more than it should.

Also, I wish Milkman would give up on the original material and start working on another mashup album - Algorithms is one of the best put together and coherent mashup albums I've heard and I really want more.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

JustLikeMe posted:

So the new Super Mash Bros album is set to drop at 5pm PST! Really like both of the tracks that they've released so far, especially '“Yo dawg, I heard you like music so I put songs in this song so you can listen to music while you listen to music.” -Xzibit'. Hope the rest of the album lives up to these tracks, as I thought the last mashup album I was looking forward to (Smokeshow) kinda sucked. As a side note, the name 'Miley High Club' entertains me far more than it should.

Also, I wish Milkman would give up on the original material and start working on another mashup album - Algorithms is one of the best put together and coherent mashup albums I've heard and I really want more.

ugghhhh I can't wait

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

JustLikeMe posted:

He's too busy trying (and failing) to be the next Deadmau5 sadly. Really excited for the new Super Mash Bros album though, Holy Guacamole wasn't my thing but the second song they released was banging.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Lol @ RugRats and Lupe Fiasco.

Liking the new album so far.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
I can't seem to find where to get the new album. Anyone have the link?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

I can't seem to find where to get the new album. Anyone have the link?

http://www.facebook.com/sprmshbros?v=app_178091127385

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
the new album is pretty, pretty, pretty good

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
That Kesha/Avicii bit :stare:

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
This is probably my favorite out of all of the newest mashup albums including All Day.

Fergie actually sounds good over Joan Jett :psyduck:

sonicice fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 2, 2012

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to get the album without a Facebook account, unfortunately. The first two albums are still on their site, so I imagine they'll put this one there when they're done collecting Likes or whatever. Anyway, there are some very brave/clever choices on this so far. Worth a listen.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Good thing I'm here to rescue y'all:

Super Mash Bros - Miley High Club

Enjoy!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Is the album title a reference to Miley Cyrus getting caught with weed? That would rule.

e. I liked Larry David's sample in the 8th track.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 2, 2012

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Nam Taf posted:

Good thing I'm here to rescue y'all:

Super Mash Bros - Miley High Club

Enjoy!

Much obliged, Nam Taf. Thanks!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Miley High is pretty drat good. There's a couple of parts that probably shouldn't have happened though. Like no one needs to hear another mash of Whisper Song especially after GT used it really well. Six years ago.

Beyond that there are some completely awesome sections like Rugrats and BOB/BSB

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Yeah some of it might be that mash-up albums always sound best on the first listen because you don't know what's coming but I really enjoyed Miley High. SMB is probably my favorite mash-up artist now.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

sonicice posted:

This is probably my favorite out of all of the newest mashup albums including All Day.

Yeah. I am really loving this.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Does the last song have a strange 2-3 minutes of silence in the middle for anyone else? It must be deliberate but I could do without it.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Does the last song have a strange 2-3 minutes of silence in the middle for anyone else? It must be deliberate but I could do without it.

Yep, there's a hidden track. Like they used to do on CDs.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
A concept that is entirely retarded in MP3 format.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Yeah it's actually incredibly annoying and four (I know I said 2-3 but it feels like four, five even) minutes of silence for a 'hidden' 30 second song is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

That loving Buzz Lightyear bit is dreadful, otherwise you can tell they've really improved. Echoing what sonicice said about Fergie over Joan Jett, the song finally makes sense like it should have been that way all along.