Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Seriously, touring is the most fun when done on things not really meant to tour. It's a weird concept, like if pounding in a nail with a pair of pliers was vastly more entertaining than pounding it in with a hammer.

That's a bad example, but trust us on this one.

You haven't lived till you've driven a number of nails using a bowling pin with the top cut off.

...:shepface:

re buell chat - I still wouldn't mind having an xb12. I've ridden both firebolts and lightnings (both 9s and 12s) at various times and honestly, they're pretty freakin fun bikes. While a heavy lunk the sportster derived engine is very reliable and puts out reasonable power in Buell form, the brakes are decent, ergos great for in town / distance riding, etc etc.

I wouldn't let the belt worry you. A friend of mine has a XB12 and finally broke his belt after 17k miles of hard riding and tons of wheelies. When they fail it's much less likely to break something on the way out compared to a chain. If you're not constantly flogging the everloving piss out of the bike and rarely venture onto gravel it's a non issue. Even if you do, just change it out every 15k and put it out of your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

clutchpuck posted:

I am a little confused.

For me, having braked normally means to me, that I used the front brake to stop and the rear brake to settle the rear. I wonder where you are coming from with regard to "rear brake to finally stop" - clutch in and downshifting to a routine stop should always leave your right hand A-OK to apply front brake pressure. I imagine any instructor would dock points for stopping on the rear brake.

Yes, poorly explained on my part. My brakes being what they are I normally use the rear brake all the time. But even if you only use the front brake normally, the rear brake makes a lot of sense for holding the bike at a stop. So you apply it before you've stopped completely, having clicked away down to 1st so your left leg is free to balance the bike (as the testers wanted to see).

Pompous Rhombus posted:

A 50cc doesn't have a lot of power to begin with, so I was wondering if a 2-stroke would be the way to go.

Oh yeah, they'll be fine. There aren't that many 4-stroke 50ccs, but their numbers are growing due to emissions etc.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ola posted:

Yes, poorly explained on my part. My brakes being what they are I normally use the rear brake all the time.

:catstare:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Not only the rear brake of course, I use both (almost) all the time.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Ola posted:

Lies, we all know you ride around like a 12 year old on a BMX bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ola posted:

Good, I was gonna say, I dont even know who you are anymore if you're a layer dan rider

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

MotoMind posted:

Lies, we all know you ride around like a 12 year old on a BMX bike.

I used to, but the lack of loud pipes endangered my life.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

astrollinthepork posted:

If a half day belt change is the worst that happens on this trip I'll be thankful.

Nice thing about the XB is they're engineered so a belt change is simple. If you can get it off the ground, it should take like an hour. It is pretty minor maintenance over the course of owning one.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 28, 2011

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003

Ringo R posted:

Ohoho no it will be in mein country. Just planning for the summer. Congrats on getting your license btw!

By older Monsters I mean pre '00. Thanks for all your comments.

I got a '99 carbed M900 this past season and it has been pretty smooth. The only problems that I had were regular maintenance items (24,000 miles) and some little nuances that the previous owner missed.

The price of most OEM parts are ridiculous, but I've had good luck with used parts from eBay and Ducati forum members.

I went for my model year since it was around the last year of the carbed bike, plus the looks. I feel that it is the best looking years for the Monsters. There's a possibility that the smaller models may not have a dry clutch, so no clack-a-clack-a-clack :(

I've only rode the 900, and it is my first bike, so I can't comment on the smaller engines. But I have heard that its more fun to ride on a bike that you can max out versus a bike where you'd kill yourself trying to take it to it's limit.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Good, I was gonna say, I dont even know who you are anymore if you're a layer dan rider
I read it assuming he backed it in everywhere and slid sideways to every stop like a living Eddie Lawson highlight reel

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
What's the CA hivemind opinion on posting vids with visible speedo readings? Normal spirited riding, not Ghostrider shenanigans. My Youtube account is already under a net alias, but I'm wondering if I should explicitly keep the speedo out of the shot anyway.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Snowdens Secret posted:

What's the CA hivemind opinion on posting vids with visible speedo readings? Normal spirited riding, not Ghostrider shenanigans. My Youtube account is already under a net alias, but I'm wondering if I should explicitly keep the speedo out of the shot anyway.

I wouldn't, but then again, it's going to be difficult to impossible to prove that you were on the bike/etc without collaborating evidence. Plus speedo error plus blah blah blah and you have a case you could argue in court but I wouldn't want to.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

thylacine posted:

Before I took my MSF I watched all these videos:

"Ride like a Pro"
"Street Smarts"

And I can't remember the other ones.

Ride like a pro is all about slow maneuvering and using your clutch correctly. Street Smarts is basic riding techniques/risk avoidance.

I hadn't rode a bike in 15 years or so and that was just small dirt bikes. After I watched these videos I felt 100% more confident riding + and they helped at the MSF course. After you know what you're doing you can watch "A twist of the rist"

Awesome, thanks for those suggestions! I checked out some of the Ride Like a Pro videos online and it looks like it'd be immensely helpful for the motorcycle exam (low-speed, precision stuff), not to mention out in the real world. I'm planning to get a package of personal belongings/internet purchases sent over next month, so I think I'm going to order both of those. I've already got a copy of "Proficient Motorcycling" with me that I'll be reading through as well.

Ola posted:

Oh yeah, they'll be fine. There aren't that many 4-stroke 50ccs, but their numbers are growing due to emissions etc.

Thanks! I've seen both 2-stroke and 4-stroke variants of the YB-1, I think I remember reading somewhere that the 2-strokes were phased out somewhat recently.

Off work today, so going to go try poking my head in a few local bike shops and see what they've got :kiddo:

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

Snowdens Secret posted:

What you do if you have a digital speedometer is put some clear scotch tape down where the 3rd digit would go and draw a 1 where it would appear. That way even at a standstill you are going 100mph. I frequently go 170mph on my commute to work no problem.
Its also a good way to troll the standard youtube user.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Ringo R posted:

What do CA think about older Ducati Monsters? It might be my next big bike after a few years of only scooters. Unfortunately I can only afford the cheaper models (600cc etc) which I've heard are sluggish, but I'm not after a lot of performance. Last bike was a TRX850 which I thought was fast enough for me. I've been trying to google some articles about older Monsters but failed :/

Ive got 01' M600 Dark for 3 years. There hasn't be any major issues, biggest one was ignition relay that came lose from the rubber thingy and hitted the frame which stalled the bike, one of the connectors was broken there was exposed copper.
Haven't have real problems with electronics or rust. Oil pressure switch has been replaced and the fuel light broke, which doesn't matter because i don't have the original gauges anymore.

Commuted with the bike ~200km/day no matter the weather for couple years and driven +1500km weekend trip with my workplace bikeclub with out any problems.
Don't see any problems with maintenance, i have done everything my self. There are good DIY videos and guides in the net.

Can't say anything about stock monster performance or driver position, carbs where "tuned" by POs friend, mufflers where "cored" and the rear sprocket was -1. Handerbar was a motocross handlebar.
Its fun to drive, not as easy as the ER-5 but really fun. Sometimes wish little more power, especially more torque, so i wouldn't have to change the gears all the time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

Technically the law could take you to court over it. It would requre subpoenaing youtube for your IP information, subpoenaing your ISP for your real information, making a case, and dragging you to court.

They probably wont do that unless you commit some sort of serious crime. Making a big case like that over what amounts to a speeding ticket or maybe a driving misdemeanor isnt worth it.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If you ever plan on using the video for evidence in an insurance claim you may gently caress yourself.

That said, with the recent Red truck shenanigans in Bracken Co., KY, the cops went after the dangerous driver and ignored the minor moving violations by the bikes. I'd be willing to bet that insurance companies would be a bit stricter.

I've only had a camera looking up or directly at the speedo(curious as to how quick it was) so I'm not too worried.

Honestly, all you need to find out the speed, if it's a known road, is a map. Your youtube video provides timing, and by taking two points seen on the video and mapping their distance, a bit of math gives your average speed.

Edit: As a question add on, any tips for someone starting to do a bit of bike camping? I'm reading suggestions from a few places and making a list of what I think I'll need, though I'm sure I'll end up cutting it in half. For now I should have a tail bag and saddle bags at least, and I'm only planning short trips, likely 3-4 nights max with some weekend trips in there. Any tips in general, or is there a thread about this?

nsaP fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 30, 2011

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

nsaP posted:

Edit: As a question add on, any tips for someone starting to do a bit of bike camping? I'm reading suggestions from a few places and making a list of what I think I'll need, though I'm sure I'll end up cutting it in half. For now I should have a tail bag and saddle bags at least, and I'm only planning short trips, likely 3-4 nights max with some weekend trips in there. Any tips in general, or is there a thread about this?

Bags are important, and so is a backpack. I went touring on a wee little Exciter 250 with neither, and it was a drag. I left a can of chain lube on a North Carolina highway somewhere, I was always stopping to adjust this or tighten that, and I could only park in places where I could see the bike.

Having a backpack is important too. One of the state parks I stopped at said there was a 1 mile hike to the campground. They failed to mention that it was over rough terrain, and I had to walk that bitch three times in the dark to hump all my gear to the camp site.

I made an exhaustive list of contacts and their locations for if I was found dead on the highway, and kept that in my jacket pocket. A better idea would have been one of those GPS emergency beacons or, nowadays, Google Latitude if you have a smartphone.

Learn how to build a fire. Make friends with strangers; they might be goons. Don't bring alcohol into a North Carolina state park. Make a list of all the weird little aliases the road you want to be on goes by (e.g. if you're traveling along US 24, it might be E. Dunhull Ave, North Main St, Dunhill Highway, and so forth, without a sign for US 24 in sight). Take a shower every now and again. When you're on the bike, weather can range from loving freezing to loving hot in the space of a day. Buy a Camelbak, use it a lot, and try not to get too grossed out when a june bug splatters itself all over the nozzle.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 31, 2011

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

astrollinthepork posted:

So, I bought a 2002 Buell Blast from my girlfriend last summer. I know that CA hates this bike, but it is my first and it has been quite a lot of fun. My car conveniently took a poo poo at the same time I bought the bike last summer, and I ended up putting about 4,000 miles on it. I never rode it longer than 120 miles at a time.

I had a plan of buying a Volvo 240 last year for a cross-country trip, but I decided I wanted the bike more. I'm in the middle of an Ohio winter, with my wanderlust getting the best of me. So I'm thinking I want to take my bike to California and back. A Buell Blast is obviously a poor choice for this type of scenario, but there are several pros. Ease of maintenance, mileage, and reliability. Plus I know the bike's history. Plus it's in my driveway right now. I can do daytrips with it, and I've taken it camping loaded up with saddlebags, a framepack strapped to the back, and a backpack strapped to my back. I can pack lighter than that though and drop the frampack. The bike can do interstate speeds just fine, but it's rather annoying. I don't plan on being on interstates anyways.

Is there anything glaringly wrong with this? Other than comfort, I'm not seeing it. I would like to upgrade, but I'm not sure what I can budget out for a new bike. Maybe $2k, $3k if I sell the Blast. A dual sport would be great, but I'm not seeing many for sale around here. Especially for under $3k. Ideally I'd like to have a Ulysses but I haven't seen one for sale since last spring.

sup blast buddy

I wouldn't worry about taking the blast on a long trip in the us because it's basically a harley so you can buy parts or have it fixed at almost all of their shops

CombatMedic
Feb 26, 2004

ANUDDAH SUCCESSFOOL PRECEEDJUH!
Is there a good solution to using a GPS on a bike? I want to start taking longer trips, but I don't want to have to stop every 20 minutes to check a map/phone.

The only thing I see online is the Garmin Zumo 550 which is $600. Waaaay too much.

Does anyone have a cheaper solution? Ideally I'd just need a way to mount a car GPS unit on my handlbars and find a way to supply power to it.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

CombatMedic posted:

Is there a good solution to using a GPS on a bike? I want to start taking longer trips, but I don't want to have to stop every 20 minutes to check a map/phone.

The only thing I see online is the Garmin Zumo 550 which is $600. Waaaay too much.

Does anyone have a cheaper solution? Ideally I'd just need a way to mount a car GPS unit on my handlbars and find a way to supply power to it.

Wire up an accessory plug (see:cigarette lighter plug from a car) and get a RAM mount. Or just wire it up then shove it in the map pocket of a tankbag. You can buy a water proof outlet from wal-mart for like 10 bucks in the automotive section, get a little bit of wire, and wire it directly to the battery.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

CombatMedic posted:

I'm plotting this out right now, actually.

So far I think I'm getting http://burnsmoto.com/sae-to-cigarette-socket.php and http://burnsmoto.com/usb-car-charger.php to plug into the SAE trickle charger cable I have installed already. I bought a GPS app for my phone to sort the maps out when I don't have cell service, and I'm trying to work out a mount now.

People recommended the RAM mount, but I have a beastly otterbox case on my phone and RAM only has this to recommend. With the rest of the mount hardware for a handlebar mount it comes out to around 60 something dollars, and doesn't look like it has that solid of a grip on my phone.

On the other hand, my otterbox came with a real goofy belt clip holder that the case snaps into pretty solidly. I've previously made a bar camera mount with a slit pvc pipe, a bolt sticking up and out, and some hose clamps to hold it on the bar. The old POS camera i had screwed right on the end and worked alright for cheap, now my plan is to find some way to solidly and easily connect the belt clip holder to it.

I have a few months, but I think this should work out well. I'll have power for it, GPS, and audio as well. Right now I'm also trying to decide if I'm gonna try and go for some bluetooth headphones w/mic so I can answer the phone, if I buy some new wired ones with a mic and not have to worry about batteries, or if I just keep my old headphones and say "gently caress it" to answering while riding.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Paging needknees, z3n, other KTM 690 owners. My friend is going to do a valve check/adjust - is there a decent guide online?

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

CombatMedic posted:

I did mine the easy way (cheap cig outlet wired to battery), but now I'm thinking of getting a fuzeblock and a nice usb charger.

I picked up one these last year too. Expensive but it's the only thing I could find that would work well on a sportbike with a steering damper.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

CombatMedic posted:

I just did this since I got a RAM mount for xmas.

I use my phone, it's $120 Virgin Mobile LG Android + the Osmand app.

I make a route on ridewithgps.com and import the GPX track into OsmAnd. I use Osmand because it works with only a gps signal. I like to go out in the country sometimes where there is no 3G data (Google maps, et al don't work w/out data.)

To mount it:

Universal RAM mount for the phone. Hooked up a cheap, fused power adapter (cigarette lighter outlet) to the battery and bought a $5 USB plugin at Walgreens for it that my phone plugs into. (they have them in a jar at the cash register. - I would suggest a better USB adapter for pricier equipment.) Then, stuffed it all near the battery under the side cover.

Voila, works great. Keeps the phone powered and gives me a gps track to follow.

Stuff you might want that I don't:

I think you can do turn by turn directions with Osmand but haven't figured it out yet. It'll also do routing, but I haven't messed with it. I use the GPS track so I don't get lost out in the rangeland where there are no street signs. It's impossible to get lost in KS since most counties have a grid layout, even out in the country. I know if I go any direction long enough I'll hit a County/State/US Highway.

This is the cheap way to do it, a real GPS unit would have a brighter screen, etc.

In use.

Folded up.

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 2, 2012

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

CombatMedic posted:

Is there a good solution to using a GPS on a bike?

I run a Garmin Nuvi 765 using these RAM mount pieces

RAM-HOL-AQ6U Medium Wide Aqua Box - Waterproof (no, really, it's waterproof)
RAM-B-202U 2-7/16" diameter base with 1" ball.
RAP-B-201U-A PLASTIC 1-3/4 inch Double Socket Arm
RAM-B-309-1U SINGLE Ball Reservoir Mount

The RAM pieces cost me about 70 bucks from https://www.mountinginnovations.com
I power the GPS from a cigar socket lead that I've run up into my tank bag.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Raven457 posted:

I run a Garmin Nuvi 765 using these RAM mount pieces

RAM-HOL-AQ6U Medium Wide Aqua Box - Waterproof (no, really, it's waterproof)
RAM-B-202U 2-7/16" diameter base with 1" ball.
RAP-B-201U-A PLASTIC 1-3/4 inch Double Socket Arm
RAM-B-309-1U SINGLE Ball Reservoir Mount

The RAM pieces cost me about 70 bucks from https://www.mountinginnovations.com
I power the GPS from a cigar socket lead that I've run up into my tank bag.

What kind of bike is that?

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002

astrollinthepork posted:

What kind of bike is that?

Honda ST1300

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Actually those RAM mounts look pretty decent, I might just get one with a flat base and try to find a way to glue/screw it only my belt clip base for my phone.

It was at the bottom of a long post so I'm going to ask again in case people glossed over: What kind of bluetooth or headphone/mic combos do people use? Currently I just run headphones but it'd be nice to be able to answer a call, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with charging the headphones, and I'm not sure if the mic on a wired set will even sit in a decent place or work in the wind.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002

nsaP posted:

Actually those RAM mounts look pretty decent, I might just get one with a flat base and try to find a way to glue/screw it only my belt clip base for my phone.

It was at the bottom of a long post so I'm going to ask again in case people glossed over: What kind of bluetooth or headphone/mic combos do people use? Currently I just run headphones but it'd be nice to be able to answer a call, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with charging the headphones, and I'm not sure if the mic on a wired set will even sit in a decent place or work in the wind.

My wife and I use Sena's SMH10, and they have worked very well, surviving rain, heat, cold and a getoff at 70mph. They have around a 12hr talk time, charge via micro USB, and there are options to use earbuds instead of speakers if that's your thing.

http://senabluetooth.com/products/smh10.php

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Those look pretty bad rear end but I'm not really looking for intercoms and they're a bit pricy. I was more looking for just headphones and a mic. However there's always the possibility of talking the pops into splitting it....pointing at cool poo poo when riding only goes so far.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Paging needknees, z3n, other KTM 690 owners. My friend is going to do a valve check/adjust - is there a decent guide online?

It's pretty straightforward, you need to take the two forward fairings off, then remove the airbox (be careful, there is a sensor wire that needs disconnecting on the left side). Once you have the airbox out you need to pop a couple of hoses off the valve cover, and then it's just four bolts to pull the cover off and they're right there.

It's shim/bucket so I recommend getting a magnetic probe to pull the shims out and to prevent their hardened steel little asses from jumping into your sump. The most important thing to remember is that the two pivot pins for the rockers MUST go with the oil pathway facing the correct way up, which I am 90% sure is down.

Do you have PM?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?76471-690-SMC-valve-check-adjust-(pics-questions)

I used that supplimented with the manuals. PM if you need more info.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 3, 2012

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

For mounting stuff to handlebars, I'm a huge fan of 3/4 EMT conduit straps. 3/4 EMT is 7/8" OD, so they're perfect. Go over to electrical and look at all the wonderful things you can make.

My Contour mount is currently a 3/4 Minerallac strap with a 1/4-20x1.25, nylon locknut, and a normal nut to back against the Contour to lock it in place.

I'm an electrician, so this was all free, but it's probably less that $5 at a big box hardware store.

If you want to go crazy, you could probably build a trapeze out of unistrut straps and strut. Double the price and get it coated in rubberized plastic impervious to chemicals. Double it again and get it in stainless. Still less than $20 for a mount.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

loving winter, is it pretty much impossible to bump-start a bike at 15F? My battery was dead this morning, so I tried to bump it on a nice steep hill nearby, but couldn't get it to take. I had the fake-choke (efi) knob pulled out, but I'm not really sure what else I could have done. Maybe try a higher or lower gear? I was so exhausted (and late for work) from pushing it all the way back up the hill that I just said gently caress it and hopped in the car.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

SlightlyMadman posted:

loving winter, is it pretty much impossible to bump-start a bike at 15F? My battery was dead this morning, so I tried to bump it on a nice steep hill nearby, but couldn't get it to take. I had the fake-choke (efi) knob pulled out, but I'm not really sure what else I could have done. Maybe try a higher or lower gear? I was so exhausted (and late for work) from pushing it all the way back up the hill that I just said gently caress it and hopped in the car.

Stab the starter as you drop yourself on the seat plus do it in second. But if the battery is really dead on an FI bike, you're hosed trying to start it anyways. Not enough juice to pressurize the fuel rails and you don't get gas.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Typically you bump-start in second gear, and you can try really getting your weight on the rear wheel as you dump the clutch to help give it as much traction as possible. If the battery is truly dead you can try unplugging the headlight so all available power goes to creating a spark.

I've push-started bikes many, many times and it's usually a case of dogged persistence in cold conditions. Varying amounts of throttle might also help.

;efb also didn't realize this was on an FI bike which will be more tricky to start with a dead battery than a carb'ed one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Most EFI bikes are near impossible to bump start, as (as stated) they need electricity to the fuel pump to pressurize the line, though if you're lucky there may be enough pressure left over, then you just need a bit of juice to fire the injector. Some carb bikes are also nearly impossible to start with a fully flat battery (a few specific Honda twins come to mind) as their ignition system runs solely off of battery.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

The bike's an '09 Bonneville and since they have some serious battery issues I end up bumping it fairly often. I've never had any trouble with it before, but never had to try it below 25F or so. Usually I just put it on 2nd, hop on the seat and push off down the hill, then let the clutch out at maybe 5-10mph and it starts right up. Once I got the technique down it's always worked for me on the first try, but this morning I tried three times on the way down and nothing worked.

edit: and yes, the line pressurizing isn't a problem because when I turn the thing on I hear the pump going for a second like normal, there's just not quite enough juice for the starter.

SlightlyMadman fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
If it does it at 25 it will do it at 15. It's going to be a little harder though since it's that much colder.

Might want to invest in a battery tender if this is a common problem.