Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
The weirdest thing is there are matte and satin paint cars in the game already. Why not give us control over that? And is it too much to ask for the ability to paint wheels white? Which reminds me that we got a whole two (2) new wheel options in Forza 4 :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

Sex Vicar posted:

Was only on sale yesterday I'm afraid. It's back up to 2400 points.

Laughing at the Pinto though. Tuning that sucker to B class, painting it pink and taking into pubbie races as soon as I can.

Ya I checked it as soon as I read the drop in price, and yes its up to 2400 again. Sigh...
I want to tune a Lambo for every class just to piss off the AUGR guys because they were raging about them a couple weeks ago. So I need the Aventador and the GT lambh to fill out the ranks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they spend the entire two years just making new cars, updating the tracks and making the graphics better. They couldn't take a couple months and fix the vinyl editor aside from adding in some crappy shapes, half of which are only useful for one application. It seems like some of the people they asked to make a shape had one in mind they wanted for one specific thing that will never get used for anything ever again. At least some of the shapes are generic enough that you can do something with them, but way too many are very specific and useless except to the person who made them.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I made a 787B rage comic but scrapped it out of respect for this thread's followers :smith:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Cojawfee posted:

I think they spend the entire two years just making new cars, updating the tracks and making the graphics better. They couldn't take a couple months and fix the vinyl editor aside from adding in some crappy shapes, half of which are only useful for one application. It seems like some of the people they asked to make a shape had one in mind they wanted for one specific thing that will never get used for anything ever again. At least some of the shapes are generic enough that you can do something with them, but way too many are very specific and useless except to the person who made them.

If you want to laugh, go look at the nissan S14 and the skyline r34, so many paint glitches, hell, on the s14 the front vents are covered over.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
Alfa Romeo Montreal, GLHS, '96 Impala SS, Fiat Coupe, the Lambo, and the Pagani are all great choices. Turn 10 is doing an amazing job with the DLC this time around, especially compared to F3's DLC.

But a '73 Pinto? Fantastic! I used to have a '74 in high school. $200 cars are the best, and I now have a car for Jabs GoonMons races.

I shall paint mine turd brown, with the rust patches, the spray-painted hood scoop and "accents" a friend put on mine. I just hope I still have some old photos to work from.

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 28, 2011

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

djfooboo posted:

I made a 787B rage comic but scrapped it out of respect for this thread's followers :smith:

Thank you.

So so pumped for the Pinto and Omni.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I applied to the car clubs, I have no idea if they are full or inactive, but my gamer tag for the 360 is foehammer006.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Foehammer007 posted:

I applied to the car clubs, I have no idea if they are full or inactive, but my gamer tag for the 360 is foehammer006.
I just checked, and I didn't see you in AUGR, or a request from you?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Seems to me there are quite a few 'police' cars now. Who's up for, say, a C or B class police race?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Flint Ironstag posted:

But a '73 Pinto? Fantastic! I used to have a '74 in high school. $200 cars are the best, and I now have a car for Jabs GoonMons races.

Holy poo poo, that's a good idea. Jabs - requesting lovely SpecPinto races ASAP.

I just got the season pass, so the next time I fire my 360 up I'll grab all the DLC.

Are we still on for USTCC @ Road Atlanta tomorrow?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Jabs posted:

I just checked, and I didn't see you in AUGR, or a request from you?

Check again, I must have not put it in right or something!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

For those of you raging about the rumored list not coming to fruition, Forzacentral (which has been providing accurate inside information about what to expect in future DLC) still shows that those cars will be coming in a TBA DLC. I think the reason the rumor list hit is that FC recently added those cars to their list and there was speculation that they would be next to show up. This list showed a few cars from the last DLC pack as TBA DLC before the December pack was ever announced, and they all showed up.

So keep a stiff upper lip. They may be coming soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JaysonAych posted:

For those of you raging about the rumored list not coming to fruition, Forzacentral (which has been providing accurate inside information about what to expect in future DLC) still shows that those cars will be coming in a TBA DLC. I think the reason the rumor list hit is that FC recently added those cars to their list and there was speculation that they would be next to show up. This list showed a few cars from the last DLC pack as TBA DLC before the December pack was ever announced, and they all showed up.

So keep a stiff upper lip. They may be coming soon.

How did they learn about these cars?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I said come in! posted:

How did they learn about these cars?

The admin, BADNED, is some sort of Turn 10 insider.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Two Finger posted:

Seems to me there are quite a few 'police' cars now. Who's up for, say, a C or B class police race?

Once the Impala shows up I'll be all for it. My Charger is currently A600 and I'll probably be moving it up to S class, but I think I can put an Impala nicely in to B class.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JaysonAych posted:

The admin, BADNED, is some sort of Turn 10 insider.

Has he ever given specifics about his insider knowledge into Turn-10?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Has he ever given specifics about his insider knowledge into Turn-10?

I don't think so. I don't really read through much of the forums, only a few threads here and there.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
There's also that MX-5 Cup car that I know for a fact was scanned by Turn-10 and still isn't in any download pack.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I love this game. I'm just going through and doing the Autovista challenges, and you know what? I just love playing this game. It is so absolutely enjoyable, and that's the best word I can think of to describe it. Enjoyable.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

Two Finger posted:

I love this game. I'm just going through and doing the Autovista challenges, and you know what? I just love playing this game. It is so absolutely enjoyable, and that's the best word I can think of to describe it. Enjoyable.

Indeed. It's the game I keep falling back to when MW3 and BF3 have twisted me into a pile of raging man-flesh. Although still competitive and intense (rivals especially), it's still enjoyable.

I picked up a Microsoft Speed Wheel and made the change from "normal" to "simulation". It's a whole other game now, and I am once again awful at it.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

JaysonAych posted:

I don't think so. I don't really read through much of the forums, only a few threads here and there.

I used to go there pretty often as they were the only Forza site I knew of that was not blocked at work. From what I could tell, he was a part of the Forza team in an official capacity. He did not necessarily answer direct questions, but more or less tried to root out complete rumors that would run rampant and make the game sound completely different.

He did seem to be on a pretty tight leash though on what could and could not be said, but from as much as I saw he seemed legit.

(Yes I know it is the internet, do not believe everything you see. Just like everyone thought Taylor Lautner was gay again two days ago.)

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

einTier posted:

There's also that MX-5 Cup car that I know for a fact was scanned by Turn-10 and still isn't in any download pack.

It would be pretty cool if they took some of the cup car series that have proven popular and released a pack of them pre-upgraded to the spec and tuning.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
So, does everyone remember how I was bitching about not getting my Top Secret Supras? Turns out MS was giving them to the wrong account. Now I have two.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a good idea. Jabs - requesting lovely SpecPinto races ASAP.
One of my SCCA friends wrote up some BTCC rules, too.
So, expect some BTCC action in the future, and expect GoonMons to become GoonShittyCar.

Start submitting your ideas on which cars you think could be had at a "Buy Here Pay Here" car lot for a couple grand at some point in the past.

quote:

Are we still on for USTCC @ Road Atlanta tomorrow?
We are.

I'm going to start setting up here in about 15 min.
N1ck Soapdish
Jabs
Goldnova
Boaz McPherson
Crow T. Macbot
Defective Llama (DNF)
Xander I. Crewes (DNF)
Eperitus (DNF)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 29, 2011

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I'm stuck at work or I'd come join in. When do you guys play some car football or do you guys just randomly get together and decide?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Bugattis? McClarens? gently caress nah.

Fiero for S700 son :colbert:

Can't wait to get the Pinto and swap in a supercharged V8 and go Lambo hunting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is such an awesome screen shot T1g4h.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ok, we have a Pinto, now where's the Vega and Gremlin?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That January pack looks pretty boring. Bring on February

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VikingSkull posted:

Ok, we have a Pinto, now where's the Vega and Gremlin?

This, in all seriousness. We seem to be getting every sporty subcompact that was on sale in the USA during the 1970s, one lovely car at a time (plus, you know, the Pinto and Gremlin were hugely popular in SCCA and other club races back then).

Throw a Monza, Capri, and Manta on that list and we're perfect.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Pinky the Cube posted:

I picked up a Microsoft Speed Wheel and made the change from "normal" to "simulation". It's a whole other game now, and I am once again awful at it.

How is the Speed Wheel? Any sort of close approximation to using an actual steering wheel setup? How weird is it with it not being attached to any physical axis?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Jabs posted:

So, expect some BTCC action in the future, and expect GoonMons to become GoonShittyCar.

Start submitting your ideas on which cars you think could be had at a "Buy Here Pay Here" car lot for a couple grand at some point in the past.
We are.

N1ck Soapdish
Jabs
Goldnova
Boaz McPherson
Crow T. Macbot
Defective Llama (DNF)
Xander I. Crewes (DNF)
Eperitus (DNF)

Just wanted to say thanks for the invite. I've been wanting to race in the spec races for a while but never found the time. I will do my best to make next wednesdays race, these races are great. The Genesis Coupe is a fine machine once the tires are warm. (I was Xander I Crews btw) Hope to have a working mic by next week too.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

VERTiG0 posted:

How is the Speed Wheel? Any sort of close approximation to using an actual steering wheel setup? How weird is it with it not being attached to any physical axis?

This is the first driving peripheral I've ever bought for any platform. Personally I feel it improves the experience and works really well. Interestingly I found myself suddenly preferring the cockpit view rather than the hood view that I usually use. Certainly fun for ~$60, and more comfortable than kinect driving since you don't have to hold the wheel out in front of you with perfect posture. It is pretty accommodating for various slothy couch potato positions.

The only comparison I have is that my buddy has the $100 MadCatz setup. Although cumbersome and a bit uncomfortable (imo), the pedals add so much to the experience. Enough, in fact, to have me considering taking the speed wheel back to save up for a slicker wheel + pedals setup instead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pinky the Cube posted:

Enough, in fact, to have me considering taking the speed wheel back to save up for a slicker wheel + pedals setup instead.

Unfortunately this is a slippery slope. The eventual conclusion is you lay down $600 on a wheel and pedal set and another $200 for materials to build your cockpit, at which point you realize you need a table saw and before you know it you're living off ramen for months because you decided to buy two more xboxes and giant flat screen televisions to play in multiscreen mode.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

xzzy posted:

Unfortunately this is a slippery slope. The eventual conclusion is you lay down $600 on a wheel and pedal set and another $200 for materials to build your cockpit, at which point you realize you need a table saw and before you know it you're living off ramen for months because you decided to buy two more xboxes and giant flat screen televisions to play in multiscreen mode.

Being a peripheral whore has been the beginning of the end for many a gaming nerds marriages.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xzzy posted:

Yep, there are people who seriously do this. They'll pay big bucks so they can pretend they are their favorite race car driver.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Yep, there are people who seriously do this. They'll pay big bucks so they can pretend they are their favorite race car driver.

To be fair, it's cheaper than racing for real, and doesn't generate the risk of dying in a fireball.

Odds of dying from blunt trauma delivered by a spouse do increase though.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

Fatrick posted:

Being a peripheral whore has been the beginning of the end for many a gaming nerds marriages.

Fortunately the wife is a gamer nerd as well, and she's already got the living room crawling with Rock Band plastic. "Car stuff" might have a negative vibe though since it's not something she's stoked about. Maybe if I paint the cockpit exterior a nice pastel or adorn it with a nice designer fabric...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jabs posted:

We are.

N1ck Soapdish
Jabs
Goldnova
Boaz McPherson
Crow T. Macbot
Defective Llama (DNF)
Xander I. Crewes (DNF)
Eperitus (DNF)

I would do all sorts of things I wouldn't be proud of for a 320si. I was N1CK S0APD1SH btw and I had a blast. Hopefully I can do more of that in the future.

• Locked thread