Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There should be a High School Graduation pack and it's nothing but whatever the latest Civic, Fusion, Cruze, Corolla, Focus and something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

There should be a High School Graduation pack and it's nothing but whatever the latest Civic, Fusion, Cruze, Corolla, Focus and something else.

A teal Saturn SC.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's the High School Parking Lot Pack, I'm talking about graduation.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

A 1988 Dodge Dynasty.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Cojawfee posted:

That's the High School Parking Lot Pack, I'm talking about graduation.
A Graduation Pack wouldn't be complete without a V6 Mustang Convertible.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010
Jeep Wrangler.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
1993 VW Polo Mk3 'breadvan' and saloon versions.

Not because my best mate drives the saloon and I have a breadvan, no sir...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm really happy with the DLC we've been getting. The Jan. Pack seemed underwhelming to me at first, but its actually grown on me, the more I look at the cars we are getting on Tuesday. I see myself really enjoying all of them, like the December pack.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I don't even know where to begin with this post so I'll just throw it out. I'm still playing Forza 3 and I'm loving it, but I have no one to play with. If anyone still pokes around this game or on the off chance wants to help me learn to tune my cars (I just started) add me:

bunnysplits

I'm making sure I enjoy the game before I throw 50+ at the new Forza 4, but for a free game this one is pretty drat awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Splits posted:

I don't even know where to begin with this post so I'll just throw it out. I'm still playing Forza 3 and I'm loving it, but I have no one to play with. If anyone still pokes around this game or on the off chance wants to help me learn to tune my cars (I just started) add me:

bunnysplits

I'm making sure I enjoy the game before I throw 50+ at the new Forza 4, but for a free game this one is pretty drat awesome.

Once you make the jump to Forza 4, you get a bunch of free cars for your efforts in Forza 3. :)

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Once you make the jump to Forza 4, you get a bunch of free cars for your efforts in Forza 3. :)

I'm having the most trouble figuring out what to tune and when, I either get blown out by the competition in stock cars or just slaughter them in something i spent 20k credits in, but no middle ground.

I only have 3 cars so far though, so maybe I need to play more.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
New firmware for the Elite :toot:

Up to 721b now and everyone seems really pleased with it in Forza 4 (and most of them were pretty happy with 715b.) Guess I'll do that update today.

And Thomas says they're working on a version with Autoclutch as well as these general tuning/fixes for the CSR (and presumably Porsche wheels) and it should be "coming soon".

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/7640&page=2

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010
Having only played Forza 4, is it worth buying Forza 3 to get the "import Forza 3 stuff" achievement? Maybe it's more worth a borrow or rental instead?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Pinky the Cube posted:

Having only played Forza 4, is it worth buying Forza 3 to get the "import Forza 3 stuff" achievement? Maybe it's more worth a borrow or rental instead?

I would say buying or renting would be a waste of money. Borrowing, go right ahead!

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Cute as heck posted:

Why a civic? It's not even a funny option, just boring as heck.

They have a few cars in every DLC thingy that seem to be there as advertising targeted at video game people. On last month's they had that RX-8 model that was almost identical to the one that was already in the game, the one before that they had a 2012 Focus or Fiesta or something, and Forza already has like a dozen civics and rsx's and integras from the past decade that are basically the same car so advertising is the only thing that makes sense.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

Pinky the Cube posted:

Not really. Sure, you'll get a head start on some cars, but if you put that same amount of time into just FM4, you'll have caught up anyway. Besides the omission of endurance races, FM4 is the better game anyway.

They're also similar to the point where there's a good chance you'd burn out on FM4 very quickly if you play it back to back with 3.

EDIT: If you're only after the cheevo, just rent or borrow it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

They have a few cars in every DLC thingy that seem to be there as advertising targeted at video game people. On last month's they had that RX-8 model that was almost identical to the one that was already in the game, the one before that they had a 2012 Focus or Fiesta or something, and Forza already has like a dozen civics and rsx's and integras from the past decade that are basically the same car so advertising is the only thing that makes sense.

The RX-8 made absolutely no sense at all. It's pretty much the same as the other one, and Mazda is going to stop making it soon. I think these are probably just easy cars to throw in so they can pad up the number of cars in each pack while being able to save really good cars for later packs. It would be nice if they stopped doing the "Here is the january pack" and did "Here is the classic Le Mans/JDM Mad Tyte Yo/Econo Shitbox pack"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Note: You only get one chance to import Forza 3 data into Forza 4 and if you didn't do it on startup it's not happening. So don't bother with Forza 3 unless you really want to drive some Porsches (and who doesn't?) or you enjoy Italian Tarmac Rally stages (and who doesn't?)

But you're not going to gain much in Forza 4 from it.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So for next week, are we doing strictly American Iron, or is American Iron X allowed?

Also, I've got an American Iron sticker in my storefront if anyone is looking for one :)
There's no point in doing AIX. Once you "forza-ize" the rules, AIX is AI for people with full tubs out back and who can't make the P/W limits. *shrug*

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Splits posted:

bunnysplits

Sent FR, my GT is Crow T Macbot. Could you use 29 mil credits in Forza 3? That's what I have in my imaginary Forza 3 mattress bank (just checked). Next time you are on, put up a car for sale for that amount, and let me know. I will buy it and gift the car back.

Since I probably won't be going back to that game, somebody might as well use my Forzabux.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

The RX-8 made absolutely no sense at all. It's pretty much the same as the other one, and Mazda is going to stop making it soon.

The newer RX-8 is quite a bit better than the old one by a significant margin. And the fact that they are discontinuing makes putting it in the game even more logical; why not include the last year of what might be the last rotary-engined car Mazda will make?

(I hope it's not the last they make, I love my rotary :ohdear:)

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

Flint Ironstag posted:

Sent FR, my GT is Crow T Macbot. Could you use 29 mil credits in Forza 3? That's what I have in my imaginary Forza 3 mattress bank (just checked). Next time you are on, put up a car for sale for that amount, and let me know. I will buy it and gift the car back.

Since I probably won't be going back to that game, somebody might as well use my Forzabux.

Holy poo poo yes. I just threw up an eclipse with that buyout. I only had enough for 8 hours so if you could grab it now, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Splits posted:

Holy poo poo yes. I just threw up an eclipse with that buyout. I only had enough for 8 hours so if you could grab it now, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Done. Luckily I was watching some Netflix when the message came through. Welcome to your new addiction, and let us know when you decide to pick up F4. No hurry, a lot of us only stop playing one Forza because a new one is out.

And it almost went to plan, except I couldn't gift his car back due to locked vinyls. At least a replacement Eclipse is easily affordable now.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Flint Ironstag posted:

Done. Luckily I was watching some Netflix when the message came through. Welcome to your new addiction, and let us know when you decide to pick up F4. No hurry, a lot of us only stop playing one Forza because a new one is out.

And it almost went to plan, except I couldn't gift his car back due to locked vinyls. At least a replacement Eclipse is easily affordable now.

Can't you just strip the vinyls off the car and then gift it?
e: hurr nevermind didn't think that one through

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

speedtek posted:

Can't you just strip the vinyls off the car and then gift it?
e: hurr nevermind didn't think that one through

It cost me about 35k credits to make, and now I have 29 million. I'll survive without my teal eclipse.

I'd still be playing if my trigger finger didn't hurt from white knuckle racing. I'm in love.

Bo Bo Ska Diddle
Dec 3, 2011
I've been working all day on a Boss 429 for the next race. (I'm DefectiveLlama btw.) I'm not even sure if it is in spec or not. Here's a rundown:

Class A (547 PI)
Stock engine
Normally Aspirated
546 HP
561 LB-FT of Torque
6 speed racing transmission
3,644 LBS
Sport Tires (Front: 255/55R15 Rear: 305/45R15)
Racing Roll Cage, sway bars, and suspension.
Street Weight Reduction
Every upgrade for the engine is Race.
Drive train is maxed, and so is aero.

First of all, I'm wondering if that seems to be in spec. I took the HP from stock and multiplied by 9.5.
Second, I am trying to figure out my gearing and tune. I plugged some stuff into ForzaDroid and have that set up. The gearing and differential are another issue. Here is where my gearing is at:
Final Drive: 4.90
1st: 2.90
2nd: 2.01
3rd: 1.48
4th: 1.20
5th: 1.00
6th: 0.85

I seem to have trouble with third and not being able to get on the gas right away without spinning the back tires pretty good. Any help would be appreciated!

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Splits posted:

It cost me about 35k credits to make, and now I have 29 million. I'll survive without my teal eclipse.

I'd still be playing if my trigger finger didn't hurt from white knuckle racing. I'm in love.

Heh.

I'm a fan of the San Jose Sharks, and even I say that car was too teal. You are better off without it.

Kidding. Welcome to Forza, just stay away from pubbie-only lobbies once you decide to do multiplayer. Goon-on-goon racing is the best racing.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

Note: You only get one chance to import Forza 3 data into Forza 4 and if you didn't do it on startup it's not happening.

Although disappointing I gotta say that's the way to do it. The Achievement is called "Forza Faithful", after all.

There are posts around the net saying you can get it if you clear all your Forza 4 data, but I haven't seen any confirmation of it. Reckon it's only worth bothering with if it's the only Achievement keeping me from 100%, which is currently far from the case.

Regardless, thanks for the heads up about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
All you have to do is backup your save to a usb drive, create a new save, get the achievement, then delete that and retrieve the old save.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
I'm finally going to come back to Forza after spending a month with Skyrim, has anything major changed about the state of the game or community or economy?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

siig posted:

I'm finally going to come back to Forza after spending a month with Skyrim, has anything major changed about the state of the game or community or economy?

Nope, not really. Just DLC on Tuesday.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I just put a bad rear end super charger on my DB9. I just love this car too much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got a January DLC pack code just now on Turn-10s Facebook page. :toot:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So I may or may not be getting FM4 soon. I had really bad issues playing online on FM3, and I'm worried it'll be the same thing with 4. If anyone else had problems like mine did they fix it in 4?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Peanut President posted:

So I may or may not be getting FM4 soon. I had really bad issues playing online on FM3, and I'm worried it'll be the same thing with 4. If anyone else had problems like mine did they fix it in 4?

What issues did you have? There are a couple goons, who if they are in a lobby, I cannot connect to that lobby no matter what.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I said come in! posted:

What issues did you have? There are a couple goons, who if they are in a lobby, I cannot connect to that lobby no matter what.

That's the way it was with me. I very rarely was able to hook up with other people. I made three Goon Prix races and some group b racing with T1G4H and that was it. Anytime I would try to join GTCC I never could. That kind of stuff was the reason I didn't by FM4 on launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Peanut President posted:

That's the way it was with me. I very rarely was able to hook up with other people. I made three Goon Prix races and some group b racing with T1G4H and that was it. Anytime I would try to join GTCC I never could. That kind of stuff was the reason I didn't by FM4 on launch.

Someone suggested giving your Xbox 360 a static I.P. address and then giving your router permission to accept that or something. I haven't tried that yet.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Someone suggested giving your Xbox 360 a static I.P. address and then giving your router permission to accept that or something. I haven't tried that yet.

I never had problems with Forza 3 on Live, but I could not get FM4 to connect at all until I set up the NAT and DMZ settings for my router.

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity
I have this disturbing fascination with the TVR Sagaris. It's ugly, sounds bad, and its gear changes can royally gently caress you over. But dear god do I enjoy driving it.

Also does anyone have the goonbus skin? I bought a Hummer H1 for Tag and that skin is just so well done.
e:typo

Deputy Dangerous fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Sorry for not being active after getting my invite to AUGR, finals week hit and then I left half of my power brick at school (I am dumb), so I'll be back active in two weeks or so.

• Locked thread