Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

I said come in! posted:

If Turn-10 can just add a DLC pack with some city courses, it'll be the perfect racing sim. I think Forza 4 stops just short of pure perfection. It's really close though.

Yeah there are always things that can be added or improved, but there's really nothing in the game (network issues aside) that feels to me like something thats broken and needs to be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
If there's one thing I'd change, I wish they'd focus more on tracks for release. Adding tracks with DLC is a horrible idea, I remember being super pissed because it was virtually impossible to actually get multiplayer races on Road America with Forza 2. I'd gladly trade 10 cars at release for 3 tracks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Q_res posted:

If there's one thing I'd change, I wish they'd focus more on tracks for release. Adding tracks with DLC is a horrible idea, I remember being super pissed because it was virtually impossible to actually get multiplayer races on Road America with Forza 2. I'd gladly trade 10 cars at release for 3 tracks.

It was especially dumb with Forza 2 because Road America was in the first game. Why did they need to add it as DLC, what the gently caress :argh:

They also added Motegi in that game as DLC. I'd love to see how many suckers actually bothered to download the Worst Track Ever pack.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Motegi is a good track for close racing, but only in the lower classes and of course motorcycle racing.

Also it provides lol moments like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3yfD3oonmA

e: The Pagani Huayra's rear wing flaps remind me of piloting a Snowspeeder in Shadows of the Empire. :3:

Falken fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 3, 2012

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

I said come in! posted:

If Turn-10 can just add a DLC pack with some city courses, it'll be the perfect racing sim. I think Forza 4 stops just short of pure perfection. It's really close though.

The problem with City circuits is that some of them can be boring as hell (If you have ever borne witness to a Valencia Street Circuit race you know what I mean) and some of them only really are memorable when it pisses rain and it becomes a race for survival (Any time Monaco is in the rain it's almost a classic)

I honestly think they should just look at some of the better cities they had from the PGR series and use that. Chicago and Stockholm are really wide open and full of overtaking opportunities, Edinburgh had some fantastic winding roads and tight turns and as cliché as it's getting, London has been pretty good as well (Though Slighty Mad made the best London track in a game with the Embankment Run/Royal Mile in Shift 2).

Though Turn 10 should really do something about the variety in the game in general. The first Forza was fantastic for it, what happened to that?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

What kind of router do you have? Usually the settings for DMZ are around port forwarding somewhere. Give your 360 a static IP and you type that IP into the box for setting something in the DMZ. NAT you might not be able to do anything about, it all depends on how lovely your ISP is. If your ISP doesn't have enough IPs for their users, then you will be stuck behind a NAT (maybe several).

I've got a Belkin G-wireless Model# F5D7234-4 v4 if that means anything to you. I'll dick around with it today see what I can do, but I've had awful luck with static IPs on a wireless router.

Cojawfee posted:

And regarding forza, anyone else notice that cars bought with tokens show up as gifts? Cars I get for free from Turn10 show up as cars I got normally, but cars I buy with tokens show up as gifts with one owner (me). This is a bit annoying.

I think the reason for token cars = gifts is to prevent people buying up cars with tokens, selling in game, and having a massive fortune that way.

The Turn10 gift cars don't show up as gifts, because they learned about midway through the Forza 3 gift cars that not everyone wanted/liked the gift car, so they'd send either one or both gift cars as "not gifts" so the recepient could sell it and buy something else. They also do this so that if schmo A buys the new DLC pack he can use the money to get a cool car from that, but if schmo B doesn't buy the DLC he won't have a completely useless block of text saying 'you need to buy DLC'.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
The city circuits in Gran Turismo are all pretty great. I'd love a few good point to point tracks as well.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

YF19pilot posted:

I've got a Belkin G-wireless Model# F5D7234-4 v4 if that means anything to you. I'll dick around with it today see what I can do, but I've had awful luck with static IPs on a wireless router.

I think the reason for token cars = gifts is to prevent people buying up cars with tokens, selling in game, and having a massive fortune that way.

The Turn10 gift cars don't show up as gifts, because they learned about midway through the Forza 3 gift cars that not everyone wanted/liked the gift car, so they'd send either one or both gift cars as "not gifts" so the recepient could sell it and buy something else. They also do this so that if schmo A buys the new DLC pack he can use the money to get a cool car from that, but if schmo B doesn't buy the DLC he won't have a completely useless block of text saying 'you need to buy DLC'.

If you're assigning a static IP just make sure that it's out of the DHCP range. That should prevent any conflicts. There's no other reason for any problems.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Sex Vicar posted:

The problem with City circuits is that some of them can be boring as hell (If you have ever borne witness to a Valencia Street Circuit race you know what I mean) and some of them only really are memorable when it pisses rain and it becomes a race for survival (Any time Monaco is in the rain it's almost a classic)

I honestly think they should just look at some of the better cities they had from the PGR series and use that. Chicago and Stockholm are really wide open and full of overtaking opportunities, Edinburgh had some fantastic winding roads and tight turns and as cliché as it's getting, London has been pretty good as well (Though Slighty Mad made the best London track in a game with the Embankment Run/Royal Mile in Shift 2).

Though Turn 10 should really do something about the variety in the game in general. The first Forza was fantastic for it, what happened to that?

I was going to say most street circuits are terrible, but then I remembered seattle, rome/rome night, tokyo r246 from the old gt games being awesome.

Its funny though, apart from those I realy hate street circuits becausae they never seem to flow well. See all those horrible ones from GT5 that are just a bunch of 90 deg corners.

I'd rather see a bunch of mountain passes/b-roads instead of bloody street circuits realy. Or you know, more real circuits that are fun

I'm still annoyed that gt5 has spa as dlc, as it makes me kinda want to get my ps3 back and try it.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Monaco just doesn't work with tintops if you ask me, it's gotta be open wheel (the older the better) for it to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1i9DNScRTI

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Less Fat Luke posted:

Not sure who runs GISH, but I sent a request in to join :) Live name is similar to this one.

I'll jump on tonight to accept you, but you might want to join AUGR instead. Any time I've been on in the last month, I've been the only GISH member.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Someone needs to get Long Beach into a goddamn video game (e: one made since ~1995) already.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Cojawfee posted:

Just download the free car from every pack in the marketplace. Since you own the season pass, it lets you use the cars. I don't know if you can just download them from in game or not, I've never been able to. Mostly because when the new pack comes out, its never in game, you always have to go to the market place and buy it from there.

So just keep in mind, when the new packs come out, chances are you have to go to the marketplace and download the free car to get your pack.

I haven't had to do this since the first pack. Since then, all I have to do is go to the new pack on the game's marketplace and download it. I think that was just a bug/mistake with the first monthly pack.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I'd like to see a few new tracks as well, but I can understand why they won't. The DLC thing really fucks up the online play for sure.

That said, I'd absolutely kill to have Mosport Int'l Raceway. It's the biggest and fastest track on the ALMS circuit, and it holds a special place in my heart since I go to that big race each summer.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Hello Spaceman posted:

If you're assigning a static IP just make sure that it's out of the DHCP range. That should prevent any conflicts. There's no other reason for any problems.

I just turned DHCP off. I had put the XBox on a static IP out of the range, but it didn't work. Wasn't until after I turned DHCP off that I realized I needed the DNS info on the XBox to be manual as well. But that's okay, there's only at most four devices connected to that router (1 desktop wired in, 1 laptop wireless, my xbox, and a kindle). Not enough of a bother to screw around with the DHCP stuff until I move out again. Maybe if I get bored during my time of gainful unemployment I'll fix it. But for now, I've got it set up, I think. Will have to see if I can connect to the GTCC race tomorrow night.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I wish they would make some tracks that aren't even popular, but are more local-based . Thats probably the only thing I can find wrong with Forza 4 is that there just aren't enough tracks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's extremely unlikely Forza 4 will be getting any additional tracks.. they were already reluctant to do it with FM3, and they cited "fragmenting the community" problems.

Of course my answer to that is make track DLC free, but that's just me.

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity
I uploaded the goonbus design to the marketplace. Anyone who wants it, search for "goonbus" in the Hummer H1s.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

Deputy Dangerous posted:

I uploaded the goonbus design to the marketplace. Anyone who wants it, search for "goonbus" in the Hummer H1s.

Nice! Thanks, I'll look for it tonight.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So the Elite's 721b new firmware is somehow even more impressive than 715 was. I can't quite get over how they keep blowing me away with the improved feel - it's hard to move up past "delighted" but they keep showing me it's possible.

After updating, there is absolutely zero dead zone at the center of the wheel any more, and the "SHO" (rumble) effects are even more descriptive of the road surface. It's an incredible driving feel that is ridiculously silky smooth and direct.

FFB seems stronger too but that might be my imagination.

I don't really see any reason these improvements (for Forza specifically) won't be coming to the CSR/Porsche wheel firmwares in the near future in addition to the Autoclutch.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Recipe for hilarity

1 x Ford Pinto

Take Ford Pinto and drop in V8 Mustang engine.

Drive.

Laugh like a drain as the thing spins its wheels for the entire race.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
2 more days and I'm back home and I get to catch up on 2 months of DLC. I look forward too it. Just a shame I missed out on a month of rivals, but either way I'll be happy to switch over to AUGR and be back in and active goon club!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Ha, apparently I put the wrong secondary DNS server on my XBox and was running around figuring out why nothing wireless was connecting. God I hate screwing with routers. So now I have DHCP turned on again, but I have the Xbox outside it's range. So far I've had to reset the router everytime I want to connect, but perhaps fixing the secondary DNS server will fix that. If not, I'll be back for more help.

Also, I find it hilarous that the banner ad sitting above while I type this says "PEOPLE WHO KNOW CARS!" with a 2012 Toyota Corolla.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
So I was checking out some of the cars in the AUGR Club Garage, and drat, that M3 GT-R that Cubivore has shared is probably the most balanced, stable car I've ever driven in the game. It's absolute butter. Hauls rear end and turns on a dime, and sounds great while doing it, too.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So, one odd and amusing thing I just learned about the Pinto: Even with a supercharged V8 and the widest rear race tires it can have, it still spins the back tires like a bastard. HOWEVER. Despite the fact that it cannot seem to get grip, the little fucker never actually spins out or fishtails. It just... keeps trucking, albeit with the tach bouncing off the redline because the tires are constantly spinning. It's loving hilariously awesome :v:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

T1g4h posted:

So, one odd and amusing thing I just learned about the Pinto: Even with a supercharged V8 and the widest rear race tires it can have, it still spins the back tires like a bastard. HOWEVER. Despite the fact that it cannot seem to get grip, the little fucker never actually spins out or fishtails. It just... keeps trucking, albeit with the tach bouncing off the redline because the tires are constantly spinning. It's loving hilariously awesome :v:

Obviously the engine is trying to get away from the car itself and the tires are spinning to keep it put so that they may both go down in flames.

quackman
Jan 25, 2004
Chapstick
That new Pagani is crazy even compared to the other stock supercars in the game. It's got those crazy flaps, sure, but you still have to be so careful with the throttle at all times; it's just so powerful.

I didn't notice any goon friends or GISH club members with a time on the Huayra's Rivals race of the month, so I'm looking forward to some competition once more people dl the new car pack.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

quackman posted:

That new Pagani is crazy even compared to the other stock supercars in the game. It's got those crazy flaps, sure, but you still have to be so careful with the throttle at all times; it's just so powerful.

I didn't notice any goon friends or GISH club members with a time on the Huayra's Rivals race of the month, so I'm looking forward to some competition once more people dl the new car pack.

It's the anti-Zonda. Pagani seem to have gotten caught up in the hp arms race, and thrown out the thing that made the Zonda awesome - it's awesome handling and balance. The Hurauraraurar never feels planted, and any kind of acceleration makes the car loose as hell. Pity too, as it really was the one interesting car in this pack :/

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Somebody build the poo poo out of an Omni GLH-S and post results.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

All parts except for engine and drivetrain swap puts the GLH-S at S646. As expected taking turns requires throttle control because too much makes it understeer like mad. Default gearing makes it spin the wheels in first and second, usually with belches of fire for each gearshift.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 4, 2012

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This Huaryaafararara handles like a bag of hot dog poo poo. I hope the real car isn't this terrible, because the zonda handles better and is faster than this ugly thing. The rival challenge for it is so frustrating because the car won't turn in at all at speed. You have to throw it around the last corner on maple valley just right or it will hit in inside wall or fly off into the outside, or both.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Bentai posted:

All parts except for engine and drivetrain swap puts the GLH-S at S646. As expected taking turns requires throttle control because too much makes it understeer like mad. Default gearing makes it spin the wheels in first and second, usually with belches of fire for each gearshift.

With RWD and engine it goes to s697. Power 534kw and 800nm torque.

I managed a 3:44 on Bernese Alps. It's impossible to keep in a straight line.

Hahah 2WD Omni spins the wheels to the top of 4th gear.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 4, 2012

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
I have placed a request through to AFGS.

GT rcdarkangel.

Looking forward to finally seeing some online.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VERTiG0 posted:

So I was checking out some of the cars in the AUGR Club Garage, and drat, that M3 GT-R that Cubivore has shared is probably the most balanced, stable car I've ever driven in the game. It's absolute butter. Hauls rear end and turns on a dime, and sounds great while doing it, too.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still new to the whole tuning thing and I don't have much confidence in the cars I build, so knowing that they work for people other than myself makes me pretty happy!

(sorry about the awful, ugly wheels).

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So I built a Pinto last nite to quasi-American Iron specs. 1,979 pounds, 208 horsepower. All chassis/tire/drivetrain upgrades. It's fun as hell.

Anyway, for the GoonSpec guys that are running tonite with the AI cars, what kind of PIs are you looking at? I've got a 2000 Cobra-R that I plan to run that's at a 545. Does that seem somewhere in the ballpark?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Cannot Find Server posted:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still new to the whole tuning thing and I don't have much confidence in the cars I build, so knowing that they work for people other than myself makes me pretty happy!

(sorry about the awful, ugly wheels).

Not sure what the brake settings are, but the first time I drove it I plowed into some people. Once I got used to that I started to rip through the field.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So I built a Pinto last nite to quasi-American Iron specs. 1,979 pounds, 208 horsepower. All chassis/tire/drivetrain upgrades. It's fun as hell.

Anyway, for the GoonSpec guys that are running tonite with the AI cars, what kind of PIs are you looking at? I've got a 2000 Cobra-R that I plan to run that's at a 545. Does that seem somewhere in the ballpark?

I'm at around B-454 if memory serves (I'm at work now) with my Nova.

e: I'm at 449 PI.

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 5, 2012

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

GOD IS BED posted:

I'm at around B-454 if memory serves (I'm at work now) with my Nova.

e: I'm at 449 PI.

My '69 Charger is somewhere around 450 as well, unfortunately I can't make tonight's race. I picked up a pretty good flu and I don't think you guys want to here me pit every other lap to blow my nose or cough up a lung biscuit. Besides, I don't think I will still be awake by race time, thanks to the Nyquil.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I didn't really understand the weight limit for this one. Did the car just have to meet either the horsepower or torque limit, can it exceed one of the two?

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Hey, I just got this game and I've been trying to play the rivals challenges but I can't seem to do more than two or three before the whole thing shits the bed and it won't retrieve any more rivals for me. Sometimes it gives me an error message that says it can't connect to the forza motorsport server, but most of the time it just sits there at retrieving rivals and doesn't do anything. Has this been an ongoing problem for anyone else or should I start looking for network issues on my end?

Sorry if this came up before, I looked back over the last few pages and didn't see anything and couldn't find anything useful elsewhere online.

• Locked thread