Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The news that Jeff Jarrett was watching Desperate Housewives instead of the TNA PPV was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Someone please link me to the Bull Nakano tribute because holy poo poo

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

sportsgenius86 posted:

Someone please link me to the Bull Nakano tribute because holy poo poo

From the Board!

loneassassin posted:

Bull Nakano Produce Empress "Retirement Show" - 01/08/2012

Special Singles Match
Ayako Hamada vs Aja Kong

22 Woman Battle Royal
Bull Hirota (Sakura Hirota), Kaori Yoneyama, Hamuko Hoshi, Mochi Miyagi, Command Bolshoi, Tsubasa Kuragaki, Takako Inoue, Mima Shimoda, Misaki Ohata, Mio Shirai, Sendai Sachiko, DASH Chisako, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Yumiko Hotta, Kaoru Ito, Makoto, Mayumi Ozaki, Yumi Ohka, Toshie Uematsu, Shu Shibutani, Moeka Haruhi & GAMI

Shinjiro Otani, Ikuto Hidaka & Daichi Hashimoto vs Osamu Nishimura, Hakushi & Super Delfin

Guillotine Drop Match
Kayoko Haruyama & Ryo Mizunami vs AKINO & Maki Narumiya

50s & 40s & 30s & 20s & 10s
Dump Matsumoto, Kyoko Inoue, Leon, Sawako Shimono & Tsukushi vs Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, Tomoka Nakagawa, Natsuki*Taiyo & Cherry

Special Singles Match
Kana vs Kagetsu

Nanae Takahashi, Meiko Satomura & Emi Sakura vs Ayumi Kurihara, Yoshiko & Tsukasa Fujimoto

Special Singles Match
Yuzuki Aikawa vs Hikaru Shida

http://www.fileserve.com/file/gApgbSY/B ... .part1.rar

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Zfhq7rg/B ... .part2.rar

http://www.fileserve.com/file/V7j8pz5

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bless you, you marvelous goon

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bless you, you marvelous goon

Not a goon but a gold medalist. 4theobese.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Oatgan posted:

The news that Jeff Jarrett was watching Desperate Housewives instead of the TNA PPV was amazing.

Followed by Dave defending it by saying "Well ya know, Desperate Housewives IS a good show."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Akileese posted:

Followed by Dave defending it by saying "Well ya know, Desperate Housewives IS a good show."

And the whole thing about Rob Van Dam tweeting about a used car company an hour after doing an injury angle and dave quipping "He should have just tweeted 'wrestling is fake'"

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Akileese posted:

I was initially surprised that Dave liked 90210 and shows of that ilk, but then I realized he loves professional wrestling which isn't that far removed from girly melodramas.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Well I'm shocked this Observer Radio didn't open with Alvarez saying something akin to "What the gently caress was that Raw?!"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So what did the last word on wrestling have to say about Funkasaurus?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So what did the last word on wrestling have to say about Funkasaurus?

The exact quote is

quote:

Bryan: Some people thought it was awesome, some people thought it sucked. I dunno. It's Brodus Clay so he might as well be the Funkasaurus.

Dave: Yeah it's Brodus Clay. I didn't expect him to come in and be a main eventer, and with that gimmick he won't be.

Bryan: That would be my guess. It will make for entertaining short television.

Dave: It's something different, and different is usually good.

They go on to say that at least they are actually doing something with him instead of being a generic big guy, and will see where they go with this.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Oatgan posted:

They go on to say that at least they are actually doing something with him instead of being a generic big guy, and will see where they go with this.

Funkasaurus is certainly a better character quirk than Zack Ryder not being able to pick up girls or change a loving tire.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Maybe Ryder should have let the girl with the engineering degree change the tire.

...I would have.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

Funkasaurus is certainly a better character quirk than Zack Ryder not being able to pick up girls or change a loving tire.

Clay's probably best off following Mark Henry's example and just go with it as far as he can. Half-assing it or bitching is just going to backfire, so he may as well be the best Funkasaurus he can be. Who knows, maybe he's the next Rikishi?

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
So it's been a slow week for WO audio and I'm thinking I should branch out from just listening to Bryan and Dave shows.

Are any of the other shows particularly interesting/informative?

Oh and what show does the guy who had the spot in the WO 2011 best moments with the stories about the nutty blind date?

What are his shows like? I enjoyed those stories.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That's Coughlin. Five star radio. Guy rules. Basically all MMA but next time you see something that says ROAD RAGE RADIO on the front dl it asap.

If you like puro Adam and Mike I think do good shows but if you don't like HOCKEY watch out!!! Because they will talk about hockey.

If you like everything give DKP a try. Alan tries to make all of his shows different. Does interviews, recaps of a promotion from a certain year, random wrestling/bullshit topics shows, WRESTLING MOVIE recaps twice which I think were both longer than the movies themselves and just stuff like that. Lots of different guests, fun stuff.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 11, 2012

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Thanks, Matt.

Jesus christ I'm so loving sick of hearing about Bryan's cats.

The amount of time Bryan spends talking about himself and events in his life that have no bearing on listeners is astounding.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm fine with Bryan's stories because he usually contains them to the B&V show, it helps set that show apart from the Dave shows. When Dave first joined, there was this awful period where he and Bryan would review events & news in details... then Bryan would do the exact same thing with Vinnie on the B&V show. It was horribly redundant.

I like listening to DKP when they talk about wrestling from the 90s. I am not super into indie wrestling so I usually skip his shows on that, unless they're about ROH.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Briscoe Fever bump was worth my subscription this month by itself

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I don't care what others say about it really, I like the cat stories. I'm glad to hear they got a new little kitty to help with the loss of Gracie. I lost a pet last year myself so 2011 was not a good pet year for me either. All hail new kitty and new cat stories :colbert:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Good Listener posted:

I don't care what others say about it really, I like the cat stories. I'm glad to hear they got a new little kitty to help with the loss of Gracie. I lost a pet last year myself so 2011 was not a good pet year for me either. All hail new kitty and new cat stories :colbert:

I lost a cat, too, and it was sad yet uplifting to listen to Bryan talk about losing his and what he's done since. So screw all y'all haters.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Has anyone caught Colt Cabana's podcast lately, and any good episodes of late?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Has anyone caught Colt Cabana's podcast lately, and any good episodes of late?

The most recent episode is good - Rhino is the guest, and he's worth listening to just because he's such a sweet-natured guy despite looking like an absolute beast. The Puppet episode is also good because it's not often one hears much about the midget wrestling side of the business.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Goog posted:

I lost a cat, too, and it was sad yet uplifting to listen to Bryan talk about losing his and what he's done since. So screw all y'all haters.

Cat chat is second to Coughlin in best reasons to subscribe. That may be because I rent from a friend who has six....

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
I just wish we could get rid of the loving Grandma.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SGRaaize posted:

I just wish we could get rid of the loving Grandma.

Yeah, I don't get the granny stuff. I normally don't skip parts of podcasts, but I always skip past the stuff involving her.

ACS
Apr 30, 2009
Come on now guys, Granny rocks.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Jesus, kitty hate AND granny hate on the same page? Get out of my subforum :colbert:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I like the cat talk. But that's because I own cats.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Sometimes Granny is alright, sometimes she sucks, but when she's being a loving bitch it's the greatest entertainment in the world.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Cardboard Box posted:

I like the cat talk. But that's because I own cats.

I like cats, too. :)

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

You guys need a Granny's Gang t-shirt like the rest of us, it's a Total chick magnet.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Granny is great when she trolls Bryan

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SlippyFists posted:

You guys need a Granny's Gang t-shirt like the rest of us, it's a Total chick magnet.

I want them to make the front of the Cena shirt with "Granny's Gang" on the back.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I love F4W and all, but I realized I haven't listened to an audio show all week and have no real drive to do so in the near future, so I'm taking a break from subscribing. It's still really good, though, and if you're reading along the thread and don't subscribe, you should.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I love F4W and all, but I realized I haven't listened to an audio show all week and have no real drive to do so in the near future, so I'm taking a break from subscribing. It's still really good, though, and if you're reading along the thread and don't subscribe, you should.

This is my fear with subscribing. I already get four and sometimes five shows a week for free with Live Audio Wrestling, and even with my commute and walking the dog every day, that makes me think 'drat I haven't listened to music in a while'.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm in the same boat, flashy. Especially since the SWF shows are usually 3+ hours that takes up most of my free listening time a week.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have let it lapse a few times. I don't listen to LAW or anything so that is a factor, but in general when I stop something happens and I go OH GOD I NEED TO KNOW WHAT DAVE THINKS or OH GOD THEY'RE REVIEWING UWF!!!! :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I usually re-up for a year around this time, so even when I go through spells of not listening for a few weeks, I still usually feel like I've gotten my money's worth in December.

Besides, there's something so infectious about things like Bryan and Vinny's glee about heel Daniel Bryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I guess it's because of my copious amounts of free time (unemployment woo :() but I always find time to listen to F4W (pretty much just Bryan/Vinny/Dave shows), LAW and SWF throughout the week. Have to listen to SWF in multiple sittings, though.

• Locked thread