Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Pakled posted:

I think the most severe swears in the Star Wars universe are "Sithspawn" and "Sithspit."

Blast, those are hard to say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

It isn't that nobody swears in the Star Wars universe, it's that they have different swears.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Funkmaster General posted:

It isn't that nobody swears in the Star Wars universe, it's that they have different swears.

Like how in BSG they use the word Frak constantly. >_>

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MasterFugu posted:

oh no, it's a depiction of violence! oh no realism in vidya games! surely the evil rear end in a top hat faction can be persuaded to love and pet kittens instead.

Maybe you need to tell us what the magic alien laser-knights really would have done.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

KGBAgent185 posted:

Like how in BSG they use the word Frak constantly. >_>

Well, yes, but in a less transparent manner in this case.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
He was literally saying "well that's totally in character for them :goonsay:" as justification for a rape fantasy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's all just bantha poodoo.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
What the gently caress does any of this have to do with griefing?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Zoolooman posted:

What the gently caress does any of this have to do with griefing?

Gonna download SW:TOR and see if the name PeePee Doodoo is taken, go around telling the filthiest jokes in kindergarten-swear

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

A goon buddy of mine and I spent some time last night combining the Teleporter Trapping trick and Sniper Teleporting on 2Fort to hilarious and great results. Between the confused 'WTF' reactions and 'Hey I think you did your teleporters wrong', we had snipers suiciding left and right, still oblivious to how we were ensnaring them. He got some screencaps that we'll try and upload later.

To do this easily, have you and a friend go engineer on the same team. Have one engie build a teleporter exit on the spiral stairs leading to the intel, and the other engie build an entrance as close to on top of the other exit as you can. Most any slopes will work. The first engie then builds his entrance wherever he wants, upgrades it to level 3, then moves it to the sniper's nest, dropping it right next to oblivious snipers. The snipers path over it, get teleported into the trap and are stuck for the remainder of the round unless they suicide.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Cervixalot posted:

To do this easily, have you and a friend go engineer on the same team. Have one engie build a teleporter exit on the spiral stairs leading to the intel, and the other engie build an entrance as close to on top of the other exit as you can. Most any slopes will work. The first engie then builds his entrance wherever he wants, upgrades it to level 3, then moves it to the sniper's nest, dropping it right next to oblivious snipers. The snipers path over it, get teleported into the trap and are stuck for the remainder of the round unless they suicide.

Nonono. You build the teleporters on the tiny little floor lip in the intel room itself, so that the snipers are either forced to defend the flag by way of proximity, or they die in the crossfire.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Slappy Moose posted:

Nonono. You build the teleporters on the tiny little floor lip in the intel room itself, so that the snipers are either forced to defend the flag by way of proximity, or they die in the crossfire.

This is brilliant. I know what i'm doing tonight.

UncleStepBrother
Jan 14, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

A goon buddy of mine and I spent some time last night combining the Teleporter Trapping trick and Sniper Teleporting on 2Fort to hilarious and great results. Between the confused 'WTF' reactions and 'Hey I think you did your teleporters wrong', we had snipers suiciding left and right, still oblivious to how we were ensnaring them. He got some screencaps that we'll try and upload later.

Here are a few shots of the griefing we did.

http://imgur.com/a/ymaB9

Didn't screencap them all but the most we had at once was 5 people. My record for teleports in a round is around 70 too.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
Assassin's Creed:Revelations seems to have added a bunch of taunts to grief people, and even awarded exp for doing it too, which is just great. It's worth mentioning that the people who play the multiplayer are rock stupid and they fall for anything. So when I send a decoy running straight at them, they attack it, I stun them, then I do the taunt that says "You are nothing!" really loud and a fistpump, or slap my rear end at them. I made no less than 5 people leave the game because you can select your targets and I would just continuously hunt the same guy every time he spawned, without giving him a place to hide. Then came the taunts.

I also got accused of cheating every time I came first.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Oppenheimer posted:

I also got accused of cheating every time I came first.

Honestly, just being better than other people in modern games is considered griefing. I stopped playing Counter Strike Source online because if you managed to get a headshot you were accused of hacking as if such a thing was impossible without cheating.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

nexus6 posted:

because if you managed to get a headshot you were accused of hacking as if such a thing was impossible without cheating.

It is for some people, and they automatically assume "No. No one could possibly just be better then me at this game- They must be cheating! :argh:"

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Are there any goon griefing groups? Should we get together to grief some lovely game sometime?

The link in the OP for some MMO HMO griefing doesn't work anymore. I presume it has been archived.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Keisari posted:

Are there any goon griefing groups? Should we get together to grief some lovely game sometime?

The link in the OP for some MMO HMO griefing doesn't work anymore. I presume it has been archived.

I would love to do this.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

nexus6 posted:

Honestly, just being better than other people in modern games is considered griefing. I stopped playing Counter Strike Source online because if you managed to get a headshot you were accused of hacking as if such a thing was impossible without cheating.

In all fairness, classic Counterstrike was extremely rampant with cheaters. It also had the first terrible community I ever saw. TFC and Half-life were down right pleasant most of the time. I`m not sure what the difference was.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Biowarfare posted:

I would love to do this.

It would be fun, but we'd need some lovely game to grief. I'd recommend Gaia but I think it's been done already.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

We could find creative ways to grief Garry's Mod RP servers.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Zeether posted:

We could find creative ways to grief Garry's Mod RP servers.

Or just like any garrysmod server. Build a bunch of catapults and launch cars at people building forts/sexposes, etc. There are so many things we could do.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Expression 2 is my favorite, because it's basically a griefer scripting language in Gmod.

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

I always played as red because he had a bigger package.

Dr_Amazing posted:

In all fairness, classic Counterstrike was extremely rampant with cheaters. It also had the first terrible community I ever saw. TFC and Half-life were down right pleasant most of the time. I`m not sure what the difference was.

It's the supposed "realism" that goes with it. Same with Modern Warfare and a bit of the Battlefield Series 2 and onwards.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I think I can kind of get what you're saying. Like when you're playing poker against someone awful. It's super annoying because half the time you're saying "he went all in right away with a 2-7?!"

On this note, in DOTA-likes this is a common issue with good but not great players. A lot of heroes have "skill shots", ie: moves that don't have a guarantee of hitting anything after they've been cast.

Being a good but not amazing or great player, I can't tell you how many times I've gone to do the "right" thing with a skill shot only to have a bad player keep running in a straight line or not pay attention, where a good player would usually react in some way.

For example, Pyro (Heroes of Newerth) has an AOE Stun that has like a one second casting time, it makes a distinct noise and animation, people always know you're casting it but are never sure exactly where till it actually goes off. Usually if you're chasing someone or someone is running towards/away from you, they will stop running in a straight line, run sideways, run backwards, anything to avoid walking into the stun. Almost every time invariably I go to do the 'pro' move and outsmart them, only to have them walk right up to me as the stun goes off a mile away.

Basically I'm a bad player. This has the added benefit of griefing the poo poo out of your team when they scream and cry at you for missing a skill stun. There's nothing like missing a pudge/devourer hook on someone who is standing perfectly still. The rage is legendary when you do this two or three times in a game.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Dr_Amazing posted:

Well in Counter Strike, you die once and you have the luxury of spending all that time getting angry before the next round.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

This I found out kind of unintentionally in All Points Bulletin and it isn't something you can pull off entirely intentionally.

Some background for people who aren't familiar with the game, its basically a pvp only GTA multiplayer game with 2 factions. You can be a criminal or an enforcer. Usually you play in teams of 4v4 and the game will assign you opposition based on your threat level and there are four threat levels green, bronze, silver, gold with subdivisions inside those and they are all calculated on a win loss ratio. The instances are limited to 100 players so the game's choice of opposition for you is kind of limited so it might set four bronze players against 1 gold etc.

A lot of the gold players are either hilariously arrogant or seriously autistic about their win loss ratio. The player base is pretty horrible as a whole but the gold players are often the worst and either hate losing or despise playing with or against people beneath them. And you can call for backup.

So if its you against some green players you can call back up and there is a reasonable chance you will end up with gold backup. There is a fairly good chance they will complain about being up against those puny fuckers. So you start losing on purpose. This will gently caress up their win loss ratio heavily as the ratio is weighted with the opposition you are up against. They can't quit or it will also gently caress up the win loss ratio but they can scream like a petulant child on mic for you to kick them or do better. It is possible to just survive each segment of the mission and force them to hang out for about 20 minutes. The best thing is ViP mode where one player has a set amount of lives and you have to prevent the other team from killing them for x minutes. You don't even have to be obvious, just be clumsy with grenades.

Or you could just grab a garbage truck and gently caress poo poo up for other people up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZi_uGvfw8&lc=M9GVK24163pj4dwLPI03OgTfQu-s_13i0fwR1rIQsLY&feature=inbox

You can also use them to set up an immoveable blockade on a busy street.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 13, 2012

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
An easy way to grief WC3 is to use the console commands to look for people in the chat room Sex or someother kind of cybersex loserville, and just start messaging people calling them creeps or asking them what they are doing with their lives. Or you can just play DotA and start the game asking how to move or something.

Also, one of my friends made his clan tag on MW3 BR? and his title the Brazilian flag. I think the hate for Brazilians isn't from a different language or racism, but I think there was some kind of program there giving out laptops to 12 or 13 year olds, and they could only really run older games or free mmo's. So all of a sudden there was an influx of young kids. They just happened to all be from the same country.

A grief in Black Ops was to play Gun Game (much more fun with two people splitscreen), and knife only. If you haven't played it, every knife drops the player down 1 kill and they have to get 1 with every gun to win, so basically it keeps them from winning the precious 20 cod points. 20. You get around 1000 every game. If you have some talent/luck you can hold the game so nobody wins. That means 10 minutes to end in a draw or keep them from the satisfaction of not having it time out. We simply would knife only for like 5 minutes, and have all the people seriously get pissed. An extra easy way was to just attack someone simultaneously because if they killed one, they would pull out the next gun, and they could not do this before the other guy could kill them. After the 5 minutes, we would start running at them, and as soon as they got ready to knife us back, we would shoot them. Then we would shoot everyone until we got to 1st and 2nd, and then knife again or just win.

People would rage if we knifed, and then when we switched they would call us bitches for not knifing anymore? :confused:

ARTS and Warcrafts
Sep 25, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Goofballs posted:

Or you could just grab a garbage truck and gently caress poo poo up for other people up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZi_uGvfw8&lc=M9GVK24163pj4dwLPI03OgTfQu-s_13i0fwR1rIQsLY&feature=inbox

You can also use them to set up an immoveable blockade on a busy street.

This was easily half of my goon experience in APB. The other half was going less than lethal because holy gently caress did people hate that.

SkopeDog
Sep 6, 2011
It's pretty funny the reactions you get in Alien Swarm when you pretend to be Bruce Lee and never actually use ranged weapons.

More elaborately, I first started satchel charge/C4 abuse in Operation Flashpoint. Most of the time, I'd trick my fellow players into thinking I had an withdrawal plan. "Hey guys, when the US team is just getting too hard, run back. I got satchel charges and I'll set them off when they cross our lines! I'll just be over here with the Dragunov!" Instead of setting the charges down for a remote detonation, I'd set them down on a 30 second timer. Leave two mines around a T-80/M-1A1, one in front and one in back) will yield some pretty amusing results, too. It's pretty easy to do in Operation Flashpoint and ArmA given how big the environments are and how easy it is to sneak through brush. It's a lot harder in the Battlefield series.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
The hate for brazilians comes from the fact that a lot of people who were too poor for computers suddenly being able to afford one with the economy soaring and whatnot, so a lot of these new internet people are complete and utter noobs.

Also when a game becomes popular here in Brazil, two weeks later there are already a lot of hacks and trainers released and quality play gives way for stupid bullshit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper

Danilh posted:

The hate for brazilians comes from the fact that a lot of people who were too poor for computers suddenly being able to afford one with the economy soaring and whatnot, so a lot of these new internet people are complete and utter noobs.

Also when a game becomes popular here in Brazil, two weeks later there are already a lot of hacks and trainers released and quality play gives way for stupid bullshit.
There you have it; it's not racism, just classism. I feel so much better.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Kunzelman posted:

I think people hate noobs and hackers whether they're rich or poor.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
I'm pretty sure the Brazilian hate is racism, hence the hate of BRAZILIANS. I can go on a game and find plenty of dumb noob Americans/Russians/Spanish, but people hate Brazilians because: they are brown, and may not be able to speak English.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Kontradaz posted:

I'm pretty sure the Brazilian hate is racism, hence the hate of BRAZILIANS. I can go on a game and find plenty of dumb noob Americans/Russians/Spanish, but people hate Brazilians because: they are brown, and may not be able to speak English.

It's not racism. It's chauvinism (older meaning) or jingoism, which is the word now widely used to replace the old meaning of chauvinism. It's also probatable.

Edit: In the future, I'll also probate people who derail a thread by paying any attention to people who go UGH BRAZILIANS/RUSSIANS/FOREIGNERS. Just loving report them and move on. They will be probated.

Zooloo fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 14, 2012

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Danilh posted:

There's a hero in League of Legends who is associated with Brazilians for some reason. All I know is when I play Mordekaiser and say "huehuehue" people launch into 30-line racist rants. I don't understand it at all, especially because they'll go back and forth between outright racism and insulting the Athlon X2 that I must be running the game on.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

I understand not wanting to play a game with somebody if you can't communicate with them, but people on the internet have a tendency to take things too far.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Weinertron posted:

There's a hero in League of Legends who is associated with Brazilians for some reason. All I know is when I play Mordekaiser and say "huehuehue" people launch into 30-line racist rants. I don't understand it at all, especially because they'll go back and forth between outright racism and insulting the Athlon X2 that I must be running the game on.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=316408
It's because of this, Brasil 5v5 tier list. Around the time of writing that, Mordekaiser was kinda terrible against anyone who knew how to avoid his damage but he was great at stomping bad players so there we calls for both buffing him and nerfing him. For some reason, Morde es #1 became a LoL catchphrase.

For anyone checking that link that doesn't play LoL, no, that tier list isn't a real tier list in any form.

quote:

Singe (one time pick singe and got virus on dell, do not pick)
:allears:

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Kunzelman posted:

Well, the general reaction i've seen when i talked about being brazilian is "lol ur poor monkeys simpsons episode amiright hurrhurr" so i guess it's a bit of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Cross posting this from the elevator garry's mod mod. There's a shared youtube tv at the end of the map where you can pick a youtube video for everyone to watch.

So I loaded up skeetfighter:

I don't know if I'll ever be able to top that.

• Locked thread