Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

YF19pilot posted:

Ha! You and your 458 Ferraris! I saw a Honda Civic Si, just like in the game! Beat that!

I can beat that.

I have personally owned, not one, but two Ford Pintos. And an '85 Dodge Caravan (track bike hauler).

I win. you may all bow down before me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I said come in! posted:

I've sat in a Ford GT before. :)

My daughter got to sit in this:

when we were walking around looking in the garages before the ALMS race last summer. A lady saw her taking photos and being really interested, and since we were there early, we were the only ones walking around. She invited her over to check it out. The doors are incredibly light.

edit: Speed world challenge was running a support race, that car wasn't in the ALMS race.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So I think I'm done with my LeMons car. It's sitting at a C 384 right now.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I sat in a Ferrari F40 when I was a kid, it's so incredibly spartan inside. Wire door handles for instance.

Also, I saw a Renault Clio V6, as in the crazy wide fucker with a mid engine and rear wheel drive.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
This is for our resident racer Faux Paux:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZVBTtX92Nc

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Falken posted:

Also, I saw a Renault Clio V6, as in the crazy wide fucker with a mid engine and rear wheel drive.

Renault has a history of those kinds of cars, starting with the best one they ever made. The R5 Turbo 2. Luckily, that is as much fun in the game as in real life.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Ringo Star Get posted:

This is for our resident racer Faux Paux:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZVBTtX92Nc

Forevermore, you shall be known as: Fax Piss

:cue fanfare:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Cojawfee posted:

You guys are all losers, because I saw a 458 Italia. And I followed it, and it sounded AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING.

The closest I've ever been to a Ferrari was one time back when I lived in New York City, stumbling out of a bar on the Bowery for a smoke, and eye-humping a 360 right as the owner came outside. He revved the engine a few times and I literally fell down (which likely would have happened regardless). It owned.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I got y'all beat.

My actual daily driver is in the game and every time I see 458s (unironic bragging: the area I live in has three guys who own one) or Lamborghinis or Porsches or M3s or a Zonda, I race them like I'm at a rivals trackday event. It's just like the game, too, because those assholes get in the way JUST LIKE THE AI DRIVERS WHY CAN'T I HAVE ONE OF THOSE CARS AND DRIVE IT PROPER gently caress THIS GAY EARTH :saddowns:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Hello Spaceman posted:

I got y'all beat.

My actual daily driver is in the game and every time I see 458s (unironic bragging: the area I live in has three guys who own one) or Lamborghinis or Porsches or M3s or a Zonda, I race them like I'm at a rivals trackday event. It's just like the game, too, because those assholes get in the way JUST LIKE THE AI DRIVERS WHY CAN'T I HAVE ONE OF THOSE CARS AND DRIVE IT PROPER gently caress THIS GAY EARTH :saddowns:

Nobody wants to hear about your PT cruiser :colbert:

I wish I could drive my car in a video game...

actually no, early 90s Ford Explorers suck

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
I overtook a Ferrari 458 the other day.

(he was stuck in traffic)

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

CaseFace McGee posted:

Nobody wants to hear about your PT cruiser :colbert:

I wish I could drive my car in a video game...

actually no, early 90s Ford Explorers suck

My car is in this game. Yaris supremacy. :smug:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

ANAmal.net posted:

My car is too exotic for this game.

Suzuki supremacy. :colbert:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I converted my car to RWD and pumped it up to like 500hp but left the exterior stock.

owns

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I bought a VW Rabbit for a LeMons car. It felt way too easy to drive for something coming off a used car lot, so I put in the race suspension so I could set it to an appropriately bad alignment and blown shocks. Now it bounces along the track like a speedboat and tries to throw itself off the track in terrifying ways when you go over 80

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

You guys are all losers, because I saw a 458 Italia. And I followed it, and it sounded AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING.

It's not uncommon for me to see Ferraris and Lambos around here in the summer, to the point where they're almost played out. Rich douchebags abound because of the horse racing track in town from June through August. It's far more uncommon to see an MR2 or RX7 than it is to see a 360, 430 or Gallardo, and I expect to see more than one 458 next year. And then there's the Porsches and new Corvettes...so, so many of both of these. There's one guy somewhere around here who owns a Diablo SV, an F40 and a 430; of these, I've seen him in both his Diablo SV and F40.

At least some of the guys around here are original. I saw a Citroen 2CV in town last year, for example. It looked comical next to the hordes of Audis and BMWs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
WHY ARE YOU RUINING MY LIFE?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
For some reason, in northern Georgia, I have only seen Porches and a handful of Aston Martin's.

And one GTR.

Otherwise, everyone and their mother drives a 240 if they wish to "race".

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I live by Seattle and what's by Seattle? Why it's Redmond and Bellevue, the two biggest electronics metropolis outside of Silicon Valley. Who spends more frivolously than the countless MS/Apple/Boeing/Millions of Video Game Company Execs? TELL ME.

When the weather warms up and it's nice outside I can see pretty much the entire last page of listed cars in a single day, it's both extremely pleasurable and disgusting at the same time.

However the most common high $$$ cars I see here on a daily basis are the Luxo-Barges like the BMW M5/M6/7 Series, MB SLK/G/S/CL/CLS and anything Range Rover. Oddly I've only seen a SLS AMG and GT-R in the wild once or twice, apparently that car is too raw for these pussies. I really like the summer here though because that's when all the Aston Vantages come out and play and nothing sounds quite like a V12 symphony.

And to top it all off there is a nice gentlemen who drives a bright green Murcielago year round with Ski-racks on the top of it, I've spoken to him personally and apparently he takes it up to Stevens Pass as his ski/snowboard vehicle as well. Glad to know someone in the world is using their Lambo for more than just a garage ornament. :v:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

GOD IS BED posted:

On the Miata race after the Goonmans tomorrow, does Logue's tune still work?
Yes, Logue's Spec Miata tune is still OK, and is still probably faster than any of us can drive it. =)

Went to Washington State this past weekend, and National's Emerald Aisle program turned into a 2011 Camaro for me when I inquired if they didn't have anything available that wasn't awful. (Black Impala, White Impala, Silver Impala, Black Crown Vic, Bronze RAM Truck, White Crown Vic, Silver Impala, Silver RAM truck quad cab, eof).
Nice to drive for the weekend, will not EVER own one. It seemed to have a two-speed transmission: Sluggish and Wheelspin. The brakes were terrible. I never did find a spot where the seat was comfortable. Either the pedals were too close, the steering wheel too far away, or only 1/2 my leg had any support under it.

But I like it plenty in game.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 18, 2012

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
One of my friends bought a brand-new 2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Convertible.
He let me drive it.

It was unlike. Anything.

Still, if I had $70k+ (credit) to spend on a car, it would not be a new Corvette.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I live by Seattle and what's by Seattle? Why it's Redmond and Bellevue, the two biggest electronics metropolis outside of Silicon Valley. Who spends more frivolously than the countless MS/Apple/Boeing/Millions of Video Game Company Execs? TELL ME.

When the weather warms up and it's nice outside I can see pretty much the entire last page of listed cars in a single day, it's both extremely pleasurable and disgusting at the same time.

However the most common high $$$ cars I see here on a daily basis are the Luxo-Barges like the BMW M5/M6/7 Series, MB SLK/G/S/CL/CLS and anything Range Rover. Oddly I've only seen a SLS AMG and GT-R in the wild once or twice, apparently that car is too raw for these pussies. I really like the summer here though because that's when all the Aston Vantages come out and play and nothing sounds quite like a V12 symphony.

And to top it all off there is a nice gentlemen who drives a bright green Murcielago year round with Ski-racks on the top of it, I've spoken to him personally and apparently he takes it up to Stevens Pass as his ski/snowboard vehicle as well. Glad to know someone in the world is using their Lambo for more than just a garage ornament. :v:

When I lived in Kirkland, I mostly saw Porsche's all over the place, with the occasional Dodge Viper and a couple people in that city owned Ford GTs.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Oh yeah the Porsche horde is strong in this area. It's quickly gone from being an item that I viewed as amazing, precious and rare to an everyday thing. Haven't seen any of those Vipers yet but I did see a GT once. This area is really bad for sports cars though because it's always raining and/or idiots on the road. I took a break from driving to work for a year and when I came back to commuting I feel like I'm going to get hit every single time I get in my car :(

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

I've seen a Lotus Elise in my hometown, around 2004 or so. Also saw a couple '99 Dodge Vipers, but that's it, since I live nowhere. :saddowns:

I've also seen Richard Petty's Superbird, but I don't think that counts since it's in a museum. Looks sweet as hell though.

Oh yeah and a guy around here owns a DeLorean, but I don't think it's real.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I live in Tokyo, I rubberneck all day

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
A regular customer of mine used to be the Northeast representative for Tesla, so he let us test drive the roadster a couple times. STOMP pause GOOOOOOO. That thing was amazing. Sadly, he no longer deals in electric cars.

I also work basically across the street from a Bentley/Lamborghini dealership, and also a BMW dealership. There are a few rich people around. The roads here suck though, so I can't imagine anyone wanting to drive a Ferrari or Lambo around here at all.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

They need to put the yaris into autovista so people can be all "HOLY CRAP there's a glove box behind the steering wheel??"

:smug:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

It's true, this car has an absolute shitload of gloveboxes.

I wish every car had a "lovely autovista" mode, where it didn't have the speech bubbles and Clarkson but you could still walk around and sit in it and poo poo.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

ANAmal.net posted:

...but you could still walk around and sit in it and poo poo.
This reminds me...

GoonMons Shitbox Racing TONIGHT!

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Jabs posted:

This reminds me...

YESSSSSSSSSS

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

ANAmal.net posted:

I wish every car had a "lovely autovista" mode, where it didn't have the speech bubbles and Clarkson but you could still walk around and sit in it and poo poo.

It's called a mute button.

OH SNAP! I am on FIRE today! (literally, because I am driving a 458 Italia)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

captainOrbital posted:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Jabs posted:

This reminds me...

Aww yiss...

Can't wait.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

captainOrbital posted:

No I mean for all the cars, not just the autovista ones. I want to sit in a VW Corrado and make engine noises.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I'm still too poor to participate in goon races it seems, unless you want to have a shitboz race. I'll try and get in next week.

I've got a little build I threw together that spits fire every time you shift to 4th gear and barely corners at all. I wish suspensions were more adjustable so I could drop it to the floor like a hood whip. It's perfect.

I suggest hood whip racing next week.

As for the lists of cars seen, I was spoiled and my family loves sports cars, so I've owned or driven some cool poo poo. My mom loves fast cars and has a Lotus Elise right now(that she doesn't enjoy driving. She said it feels like a go-cart) , before that it was a 2006 corvette and before that a camaro ss. I even had the misfortune of being ran over by a 1978 Pontiac firebird trans-am.

Tribal Rival fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 18, 2012

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Have any of my fellow Fanatec shitlords toyed with the idea of getting this shifter for their wheels because despite the price (I like throwing money at problems) it seems like it might be awesome.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Hello Spaceman posted:

Have any of my fellow Fanatec shitlords toyed with the idea of getting this shifter for their wheels because despite the price (I like throwing money at problems) it seems like it might be awesome.
For that much why wouldn't you get the Fanatec CSR shifter set, it's only $60. You get a gated shifter plus a separate sequential shifter if you want to use that instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On track days, there's a glitch where if you stop your car on the corner of a track for like 5 minutes, all of the a.i. cars will disappear. Only a couple cars will appear on the next lap, allowing you to get a perfect line on the next lap.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

real_scud posted:

For that much why wouldn't you get the Fanatec CSR shifter set, it's only $60. You get a gated shifter plus a separate sequential shifter if you want to use that instead.

Buddy you might wanna look up the definition of a gated shifter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Pshaw, if you really liked to throw money at problems you'd just cut to the chase and buy a shifter that costs as much as an Elite.

http://www.frex.com/gp/

(I'm not positive but I think the Thrustmaster may only work in sequential mode on Xbox? I've heard good things about it though from the PC/PS3 crew.)

• Locked thread