Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Uncle Andy, why do we gently caress? :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I really enjoyed the sincere Nick Offerman interview.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

The_Rob posted:

Every comedian wants to be a rockstar. Every rockstar wants to be a comedian.

It seriously bugs me how comedians always go "When I played the Comedy Cellar..." No, you didn't play anything, you talked.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

dancehall posted:

It seriously bugs me how comedians always go "When I played the Comedy Cellar..." No, you didn't play anything, you talked.

You're dumb if that "seriously bugs" you.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
PEOPLE USE PLAY AND PERFORM AS SYNONYMS RARRRR

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

FitFortDanga posted:

You're dumb if that "seriously bugs" you.
no u

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Goose Halo posted:

I really enjoyed the sincere Nick Offerman interview.

He's an interesting guy. I love how schticky CBB is, but it's good to hear something relatively earnest every now and again.

Wasn't James Adomian's best appearance though. I usually really enjoy his Paul Giamatti impression, but I thought he was a little flat this time.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

DangerDummy! posted:

He's an interesting guy. I love how schticky CBB is, but it's good to hear something relatively earnest every now and again.

Wasn't James Adomian's best appearance though. I usually really enjoy his Paul Giamatti impression, but I thought he was a little flat this time.

Another good one is the Paul Rubens interview.

I was secretly hoping for a Ron Swanson/Huell Howser combo.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to hate Don di Mello, but now I find that character to be amazing.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

jimcunningham posted:

I used to hate Don di Mello, but now I find that character to be amazing.

How could you hate DON!?!?

Also I loved when Scott asked 'Paul' what role he played in Howard Stern's Private Parts and he just explodes with PIG VOMIT!!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I love everything Andy Daly does, I could listen to that guy read the phonebook.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wait, is Don DeMello in any episodes beyond the Christmas one from last year and the one immediately after that? The Chupacabra/Cake Boss/Don DeMello Doug Loves Movie episode is what got me to start listening in the first place.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
There's a paid one he's in with PFT as Cake Boss, I believe, and there's the one with Patton Oswalt where Patton and Hot Saucerman start turning into Don DeMellos

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
There's a few Superego sketches with Don Dimello. One with him, PFT's John C Reilly, and a Nick Nolte (I think it's Patton I'm not sure). Another with Don, Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, and someone as HR Giger.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groucho Marxist posted:

There's a few Superego sketches with Don Dimello. One with him, PFT's John C Reilly, and a Nick Nolte (I think it's Patton I'm not sure). Another with Don, Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, and someone as HR Giger.

God that sounds amazing.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

Another with Don, Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, and someone as HR Giger.

This one in particular is stunning. PFT's ALW, as insane as it is, is strongarmed into playing the straight man out of necessity because Don and especially Giger are so loving crazy. It's right at the beginning of Episode 3:7.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
dinosawer

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
there is a Nick Kroll standup special on netflix for anyone who hasnt seen it

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

caveman thug poo poo posted:

there is a Nick Kroll standup special on netflix for anyone who hasnt seen it

It's great too and features almost all of his CDR/CBB characters. Well worth your time.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

I love everything Andy Daly does, I could listen to that guy read the phonebook.

I just bought "9 Sweaters" from iTunes. I'm only 5 tracks in, and it's fantastic (well, maybe not "Shooter's Bon Voyage Set", but I've never been a fan of the character). The last few minutes of "A Star is Born!" had me laughing so hard I almost vomited.

I almost watched Yogi Bear because of him and Tom Cavanaugh, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Does anyone have the two episodes of Cyber Thug Radio and be able to upload them somewhere? I somehow missed them, and can't find them anywhere.

Mast
Dec 1, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Does anyone have the two episodes of Cyber Thug Radio and be able to upload them somewhere? I somehow missed them, and can't find them anywhere.

Sure.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DangerDummy! posted:

I just bought "9 Sweaters" from iTunes. I'm only 5 tracks in, and it's fantastic (well, maybe not "Shooter's Bon Voyage Set", but I've never been a fan of the character). The last few minutes of "A Star is Born!" had me laughing so hard I almost vomited.

9 Sweaters is amazingly great. I didn't get Shooter at first, until I watched a couple episodes of Entourage and listened to enough LA-comedy-scene-podcasts to get all the references.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The whole point of the Shooter character is that his act is exclusively based around local LA references and he's going on tour a of the country. I don't think you need to get the references to get the character.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones
141 seems like a... good one

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

YEAH!

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007
I liked the first segment but couldn't handle listening to ronna and beverly so early in the morning.
Is the rest of the show any good? Those characters turned me off in like 30 seconds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

No Ticket posted:

I liked the first segment but couldn't handle listening to ronna and beverly so early in the morning.
Is the rest of the show any good? Those characters turned me off in like 30 seconds.

Yeah 2nd week in a row I've had to turn it off early, kind of disappointing but I guess we can't have Daly/Tompkins EVERY week.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Has Tig Notaro always been good and I've just been wrong?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Yes

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

No Ticket posted:

I liked them a lot, but they did start slow

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Pretty much.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Not even gonna download this weeks, Rona and Beverly are the opposite of funny

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Nemo posted:

The whole point of the Shooter character is that his act is exclusively based around local LA references and he's going on tour a of the country. I don't think you need to get the references to get the character.

I get the bit, it just doesn't resonate with me.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Mr. Squishy posted:

(Yeah)

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
As good time as any to link to the floundering Prof. Blastoff thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3441919

the show is actually great guys, honest.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I love Tig & Professor Blastoff, and today's episode was actually pretty good. I guess if you don't like those two characters then you won't like it, but they had a great rapport with Tig and there's some nice stuff about Scott & Kulap that's actually sincere and cute.

Also I love Jukebox Jury

And if you don't love Andy Daly, I don't know what to tell you. I love everything he's ever done. His stuff on Improv4Humans is just amazing - "Really, the whole internet?"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ok I powered through it because I'm a gamer and it got much better. In fact the plugs song was my 2nd favorite of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

CBB posted:

Guest: Never look at your vagina in a mirror.
Scott: My vagina is a vampire, so that is not a problem for me.
is like my favorite CBB quote of all time.