Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

There's nothing WRONG with it, but it's just one of those things that add to the "Oh Brian" factor.

Redban has brain damage, so it's not completely his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus, the dude on tonight's show has some infuriating speech patterns. I keep checking the stream to see if it dropped because he'll just throw in two and three second pauses in the middle of a story.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

bango skank posted:

Jesus, the dude on tonight's show has some infuriating speech patterns. I keep checking the stream to see if it dropped because he'll just throw in two and three second pauses in the middle of a story.

I'm finding the show really interesting regardless. I'm usually not a fan of hunting but I agree with this guy a lot.

e: This podcast would be so much better if Joe Rogan wasn't Joe Rogan

mcvey fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 17, 2012

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
Holy poo poo this is going on long but this guy is killing all the dumb poo poo Joe wants to believe in so far so I'm liking this. This guy really knows his animals

Peter North fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 17, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Peter North posted:

Holy poo poo this is going on long but this guy is killing all the dumb poo poo Joe wants to believe in so far so I'm liking this.

I like the sound of this.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Can you imagine how great the show would be if the experts Joe had on we're actual experts instead of metaphysicists and cryptozoologists? :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can you imagine!!!??!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
We can't even wrap our heads around it

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I can't wrap my mind around how they make so many breadsticks at Olive Garden

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
It's very possible that breadsticks are what caused human evolution in the first place. Terence McKenna put a lot of research into this...

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
i can't get over seeing joe rogan argue against an expert because of a classic "forward" picture/story that he just saw. he's dumb sometimes

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup
my god this guys voice

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fried eggs posted:

my god this guys voice

I jumped into the stream about 15 minutes late, and I haven't heard him say a word.

e: And a link since the show is live right now with some dude from VICE http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

e2: Two podcasts in a row of people who aren't really having any of Joe's crazy theories. It's nice to occasionally have these people on when most the other guests are more than willing to jump down the rabbit hole.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 19, 2012

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Why does Joe always talk about jaguars attacking cavemen? He is obsessed with jaguars.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Brekelefuw posted:

Why does Joe always talk about jaguars attacking cavemen? He is obsessed with jaguars.

It's because a mountain lion ate his dog. Take a drink :toot:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Werewolves, monkeys and jaguars.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Whoooaaahhhhh, jaguars SONNNNNNNNNNN

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Bryan Callen has a podcast you can watch on ustream right now (rogan's channel). Joe is a guest, I think a permanent Rogan/Callen podcast would be pretty cool. Redban could be the fred norris of the show; only chiming in every once in awhile. No disrespect to fred, of course.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I missed this show with Michael Ruppert from a few weeks ago and holy poo poo, his existence insults me and all of his opinions and conspiracy theories are horrible.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I missed this show with Michael Ruppert from a few weeks ago and holy poo poo, his existence insults me and all of his opinions and conspiracy theories are horrible.

I was only paying attention to that podcast with half an ear, but I seem to recall him talking about peak oil and CIA drug trafficking, both of which are pretty sound as far as "conspiracy theories" go. Remind me what makes him so horrible?

Edit: VVV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_drug_trafficking

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 21, 2012

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

This was another JRE I couldn't make it through. I was listening to it at work and it went from...

The CIA is dealing drugs... uh, alright.

9/11 was an inside job... ok he's a kook.

The government is manually decreasing the hits on my website... goddammit, I give up!

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Bohemian Nights posted:

I was only paying attention to that podcast with half an ear, but I seem to recall him talking about peak oil and CIA drug trafficking, both of which are pretty sound as far as "conspiracy theories" go. Remind me what makes him so horrible?

Bobby Kennedy was killed by somebody who was triggered hypnotically

The government is manually reducing hits on my website

Dick Cheney hand-crafted and carried out 9/11

Bill Clinton is a cocaine dealer

Ron Paul 2012

County Sheriffs are the most powerful people in the country

etc

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 21, 2012

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

When I first started listening to this episode I was open minded and interested about what he had to say about the drug trafficking. But when he went off the deep end, I couldn't keep listening to him.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ron Paul 2012

etc

Fair enough! I clearly wasn't paying attention at all. From what I read about the man, it sounds like he went off the deep end a while ago, though. Apparently this Collapse documentary made about him is as much about the collapse of society he talks about as the collapse of his own life as a result of his obsession with everything going to hell.

Grant DaNasty posted:

When I first started listening to this episode I was open minded and interested about what he had to say about the drug trafficking. But when he went off the deep end, I couldn't keep listening to him.

Considering that the CIA is literally evil, I should hope that you don't stop being open minded to the idea that their involvement in the international drug trade is one of the most benign things they've been up to, just because some random kook is one of the proponents of this specific theory! There's a lot of very boring sources for this kind of information, as well. The wikipedia article is a good place to start.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Ron Paul 2012

etc

Definitely not saying I believe this but I thought this video was interesting. I know it's not valid evidence for anything.

Also am I the only person who thought Redban actually managed to not be completely terrible in the latest episode? I kind of liked that Hamilton Morris just for shutting down Joe on all his crazy theories even if he was a little too quiet. Also who sounds like that at 24?

widunder
May 2, 2002

habanero walrus posted:

Definitely not saying I believe this but I thought this video was interesting. I know it's not valid evidence for anything.

Also am I the only person who thought Redban actually managed to not be completely terrible in the latest episode? I kind of liked that Hamilton Morris just for shutting down Joe on all his crazy theories even if he was a little too quiet. Also who sounds like that at 24?
I had to turn it off because his way of speaking was terrible. SPEAK FROM THE STOMACH SON

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
It was worth it just for someone finally dismissing a bunch of McKenna garbage to Joe's face.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Looks like someone made a youtube video out of Joe's jujitsu infomercial, like they joked about; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tp7LP6ciU0&feature=endscreen&NR=1&list=ULEDZZ5qZc6Dk

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Tomorrow at 4pm Pacific, the funniest human being to ever walk the face of the earth @madflavor joins the podcast #PRAISEODIN

POWERFUL

lumpy goop hopper
Feb 3, 2004

i am a drawing god.
Going back to Joe's obsession with apex predators and werewolves, he mentioned a few podcasts back that while on the brain pills he shills, he had intense dreams. Mostly he was recounting a dream where a werewolf and gorilla were loving.

I'm curious though, were they loving doggy style or was it a more tender love making in missionary?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I don't think Joe "I gently caress my wife THE RIGHT WAY" Rogan knows tender love making.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Looks like TJ Miller podcasted up in response to Dane Cook's doing the same on the Icehouse Chronicles.

He's on the Pete Holmes podcast for his side, haven't listened yet.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SKULE123 posted:

Looks like TJ Miller podcasted up in response to Dane Cook's doing the same on the Icehouse Chronicles.

He's on the Pete Holmes podcast for his side, haven't listened yet.

Could someone provide some backstory? This sounds interesting but I don't know what you're talking about and haven't seen this discussed in the thread.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AltronHGX posted:

Could someone provide some backstory? This sounds interesting but I don't know what you're talking about and haven't seen this discussed in the thread.

Dane Cook took a year off of stand-up and had a few sets working new material and then went balls out at the Laugh Factory last week. TJ Miller for some strange reason started twittering in real time during Dane's set on how he was a misogynist and a host of other things.

If you listened to the Ice House Chronicles with Dane (along with Ari, Bert, Joe and Brody) it basically boils down to Dane working new material and TJ jumping on his case for no real reason and bumping him and Bobby Lee which Joe called him on.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

lumpy goop hopper posted:

Going back to Joe's obsession with apex predators and werewolves, he mentioned a few podcasts back that while on the brain pills he shills, he had intense dreams. Mostly he was recounting a dream where a werewolf and gorilla were loving.

I'm curious though, were they loving doggy style or was it a more tender love making in missionary?

"You can say you don't think that Alpha Brain works...that's all well and good, I don't know how your brain works, but you CAN'T TELL ME that it's not super reliable for making CRAZY DREAMS"

I don't know why but I think it's funny as hell every time Joe plugs Onnit stuff. New thread title has to be Joe Rogan Experience: Look up the ingredients and make it yourself.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duncan Trussel live on the show right now.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
A lot of closed-minded people in this thread. I don't believe anything he says, but my first reaction isn't "UH YA WHATEVER MAN".

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

indoflaven posted:

A lot of closed-minded people in this thread. I don't believe anything he says, but my first reaction isn't "UH YA WHATEVER MAN".

Joe thought that killer whales were scared of humans because of testing bombs.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
this podcast is listed under comedy. If you keep that in mind, you will be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

When Joey Diaz talks about sex it's just so nasty. I kind of want to hear an audio book of Joey reading Penthouse Forum stories with his own spin on them.

"And then he gets in dere n' eats that hot sweaty monkey."