Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jonathan posted:

Everyone can argue what the most musical best sounding race car is, but there is no argument over the most obnoxious tooth-shattering milk curdling racecar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81zhOQ5PvaE

I wish they would include this car as a DLC. I wonder if perhaps Gran Turismo has some rights to it...

It's rumored to be coming in DLC. Forza's insider guy, Badned over at Forzacentral says it will and he pretty much always right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

xzzy posted:

All I want out of Forza's replays is a goddamn free camera.

Being glued to a limited number of mostly lovely perspectives is terrible design.

Oh god yes please. I spent like 3 hours yesterday to get enough alright footage for a two minute video.

Edit: I also realized that the Fanatec is not "Forza only", so I installed Richard Burns Rally, which I hadn't played since 2005 or so on the PS2. And it's as hard (and awesome) as I remember. Actually, it's even better nowadays, since there's a big loving mod out there (RSRBR 2011) that adds new cars, tracks and all kinds of poo poo. You can even run all the original tracks with a track surface (gravel, snow, tarmac) of your choosing. It's awesome. Get it.

Edit2: Talking of video, I guess I could have cross-posted this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sTV5Ttmg3g

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 23, 2012

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

BCRock posted:

Getting back into Forza now that the holidays and Skyrim are done. I sent a request to AUGR, not sure who's approving those, but if you see one from BCRock please add me to the group.

The new steering with the Fanatec PWTS is really loving difficult on 900 degrees... Slighly more manageable at 540, but re-learning how to drive is annoying.
There are two or three people regulars approving those. I don't think anyone's gone more than a day or two without an approval when I've checked.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT GOONSPEC
Eligible Cars:
1991 BMW E30 M3 - NOTE: Race will be run with a 15% Power Handicap to simulate the difference between M3 and "Regular" E30.
2700 pound minimum weight AND 16.07 pounds per horsepower minimum.

Allowed Modifications
STOCK EXCEPT
Air Filter - Stock or Street
Oil System - Stock or Street
Ignition - Stock or Street
Exhaust - Stock or Street
Radiator and Cooling - Any
Transmission: Stock
Differential: ANY - set to 3.73 ratio
Clutch: Stock or Street
Driveshaft - Any
Suspension - Sport ONLY
Max Camber: F: -3.5* R: -3.5*
Anti Roll Bars: Street ONLY
Chassis Stiffening: Full Cage
Chassis Weight Removal: One step below Race
Brakes - Stock or Street ONLY
Tires - Sport ONLY in size 205/55/14 or 205/50/15 size
Wheels 14 or 15” ONLY
Aero: Any

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 23, 2012

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
So, how come the Ariel Atom isn't in the game? It'd be so fun to drive.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Forza 4 can't model cars with open-air suspension.

Unrelated, but has anyone found a site listing the maximum tuned PI of cars? I've been hunting but had no luck.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Bentai posted:

Forza 4 can't model cars with open-air suspension.

What is the reason behind this? The physics engine or graphics engine, or something else?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Walp, my balls just dropped...

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

VERTiG0 posted:

What is the reason behind this? The physics engine or graphics engine, or something else?

The engine doesn't support animating all the suspension components. They're modeled in the physics simulation, but not animated. Hopefully, they'll fix that in Forza 5. I want Caterhams!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Day Man posted:

The engine doesn't support animating all the suspension components. They're modeled in the physics simulation, but not animated. Hopefully, they'll fix that in Forza 5. I want Caterhams!

Is that why there are not F1 cars? The open wheels?

Also while we are wishing for things I want dragsters. The big Top Fuel 350 mile an hour kind. But I want to do road races. That would be funny. If you could make it onto the back straight of Le Mans, you could win easily. If you could make it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm so disappointed we don't get the pre order pack with our season pass :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A5H posted:

I'm so disappointed we don't get the pre order pack with our season pass :(

Is this what you're talking about? http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/launch_bonus_pack_announcement/?fwlhd=1

That's bullshit, yeah. :/ But being the FM4 fanboy that I am, i'll end up paying for it.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

projecthalaxy posted:

Is that why there are not F1 cars? The open wheels?

Also while we are wishing for things I want dragsters. The big Top Fuel 350 mile an hour kind. But I want to do road races. That would be funny. If you could make it onto the back straight of Le Mans, you could win easily. If you could make it.

As long as they didn't also model the fuel consumption. Those things go through nitro faster than a fire hose.

And having to repack the parachute after every stop could get tiresome, too.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

I said come in! posted:

Is this what you're talking about? http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/launch_bonus_pack_announcement/?fwlhd=1

That's bullshit, yeah. :/ But being the FM4 fanboy that I am, i'll end up paying for it.

That is pretty weird, I am not a season pass owner but you would think they would just throw that into the mix instead of having to shell out even more MS points.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Flint Ironstag posted:

As long as they didn't also model the fuel consumption. Those things go through nitro faster than a fire hose.

And having to repack the parachute after every stop could get tiresome, too.

Those would be the balancing act you would pay for going 100 MPH faster than everyone else. Though yes, 60 GPM (not MPG, GPM) would necessitate frequent pit stops.

Also, I applied to GISH as projecthalaxy.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GhostDog posted:

Edit2: Talking of video, I guess I could have cross-posted this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sTV5Ttmg3g

That's great, well done. I'll watch more of those, the angle where they're coming down the corkscrew looks TV-replay-realistic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss the nitro from Gran Turismo 4, I wish more racing sims had it.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

I said come in! posted:

I miss the nitro from Gran Turismo 4, I wish more racing sims had it.

I was about to ask what you were talking about, then I remembered that game had nitrous oxide. Different thing altogether from nitromethane. But you are right, I do wish more games had it.

Made for great strategy, especially on longer races when you might empty the bottle.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I'm just glad I can finally get my 1M. I've been salty about not getting that car since the day I got the game. Can I get just the one car or do I have to buy the whole pack?

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I thought the 1M was a retail pre-order unicorn?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Anyone up for a spontaneous endurance dealer stock car race? I'm thinking around 11PM CST. If you're interested hit me up on Live at Sigma One.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Jarf posted:

I thought I recognised that name. Have a blast from the past!

Nice! That was back before I completely forgot how to drive and was only mildly terrible. Now I just need to get back to that level and order will have been restored to the Forza world.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

VERTiG0 posted:

I thought the 1M was a retail pre-order unicorn?

It is, as of right now the pre-order unicorns are just that, which makes me sad since they're even more rare than regular unicorns :(
On a more positive note, had fun racing with the AUGR crowd again tonight. Vertigo was that Rabbit AWD swapped or not?

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

General Probe posted:

On a more positive note, had fun racing with the AUGR crowd again tonight. Vertigo was that Rabbit AWD swapped or not?

Haha yep it was. It has a Golf-R drivetrain setup. I haven't done any tuning on it though, it's all at stock settings so it drives sloppy as hell.

What's your GT?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
So let's see. I'm a VIP member who bought the LCE on day one and I bought the season pass on day one. I was given the 1M, so I don't need that. I also had access to the Ship Bonus Cars, so I don't need them either.

You're telling me that despite having season pass, I still have to pay for this car pack, which amounts to a whopping four cars for me? Nice.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

einTier posted:

So let's see. I'm a VIP member who bought the LCE on day one and I bought the season pass on day one. I was given the 1M, so I don't need that. I also had access to the Ship Bonus Cars, so I don't need them either.

You're telling me that despite having season pass, I still have to pay for this car pack, which amounts to a whopping four cars for me? Nice.

Came here to post this. gently caress T10.

edit: oh wait remember you can buy DLC cars separately now. still, gently caress them.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
All I can say is I hope this isn't the only DLC for Feb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken posted:

All I can say is I hope this isn't the only DLC for Feb.

It's for sure not. The Feb DLC will be out on the 7th.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If we're still posting fantastic sounding engines, I'm just gonna throw this into the mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGTBWmN41s

I loving love that exhaust note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy984GqjidE

This is also drat nice, and it causes uncontrollable drooling whenever I hear it :stare:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

VERTiG0 posted:

Haha yep it was. It has a Golf-R drivetrain setup. I haven't done any tuning on it though, it's all at stock settings so it drives sloppy as hell.

What's your GT?

It's AdamH1mself. Also holy hell I was wrong earlier. Glad to see that they released the other launch cars!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

General Probe posted:

It's AdamH1mself. Also holy hell I was wrong earlier. Glad to see that they released the other launch cars!

Annnd now I know who keeps tossing invites my way! Noted. Sorry I haven't been accepting, was working on finishing Season 10 of World Tour :v:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

T1g4h posted:

Annnd now I know who keeps tossing invites my way! Noted. Sorry I haven't been accepting, was working on finishing Season 10 of World Tour :v:

Dude it's way better to join us racing online than it is to play against the AI.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

VERTiG0 posted:

Dude it's way better to join us racing online than it is to play against the AI.

Oh, I know, i'm no stranger to Goon Races. But I wanted to go ahead and finish up Season 10 just to get it out of the way and be done with it.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Update to the E30 Spec for Wednesday (because Boaz is a bigger sperglord than I am, by his own admission!)

Minimum weight - 2700 lbs.
Final Drive Ratio - 3.73
16.07 lb/hp - 168 hp - achievable with 20% power handicap.
Max front camber: -3.5
Max rear camber: -3.5
Spring Rates: F - 315
R - 570
Rebound/Bump: Any

Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage - Race
Springs and Dampers - Race (H&R Race Springs 50404-88)
Anti-roll bars - Sport
Tire Compound - Sport
Tire Width - Stock
Wheels - Any Style
Rim Size - Stock
Brakes - Street
Weight Reduction - Street (2700 lbs minimum!)
Transmission - Sport (For Final Drive adjustment)
Driveline - Any
Clutch - Any
Differential - Sport
Flywheel - Stock
Front aero - Any
Wing - Stock or Removed
All Power/Engine upgrades - STOCK

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Ether Frenzy posted:

That's great, well done. I'll watch more of those, the angle where they're coming down the corkscrew looks TV-replay-realistic.

That part is why I got so fed up with the camera system in Forza that I stopped right there. Since the camera always follows the selected car, you can't even have a simple shot of the whole field driving by, you have to stitch it together from at least two shots (first car and last car, if the field is close). But since the camera also moves a bit, they won't really fit together, so I had to fudge it with the camera shake effect.

T1g4h posted:

If we're still posting fantastic sounding engines

I like it dirty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejIhA2UhfNA#t=3m05s

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Rubbing is racing

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sunday Punch posted:

Rubbing is racing

Outstanding. Any chance for a SuperFlo Chevy?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Outstanding. Any chance for a SuperFlo Chevy?

Sure, not certain what car I'd put it on though. I've been going through my car list and liverying-up all the level reward and gift cars.

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011
Hope I can make the race this Wednesday. The races nudge right up against the time I have to leave for work now.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Okay, I have a request for those vinyl makers who have a bit of time on their hands. Would any of you guys be willing to make me an Independent motorsports group sticker, or the letters for Entropy Racing?

http://independentmotorsportsgroup.com/

http://www.entropyracing.net/

I really suck at making vinyls I have discovered.

Thanks in advance to those who are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

einTier posted:

Could be worse. I did all that plus bought all the other preorder cars on ebay (for about $15 each). 560MS points is a steal! :doh:

I believed these preorder cars were the last bastion of "exclusive", but I should've known better. Everybody else DLC's their exclusives at a later date, why wouldn't T10?

• Locked thread