Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
"a vagpire?"
"Scott, why did you ignore my vagpire joke?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
For some reason, I lose it when she does the clown horn impression.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Goose Halo posted:

I thought this was a great episode, Tig was a lot quicker than usual and it was hilarious.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It looks like Ronna & Beverly are joining Earwolf. One of their old episodes with Paul F Tompkins was released today as an Earwolf Presents.

I liked it but it could just be that PFT makes everything funny.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Hsien-Ko posted:

...with Paul F Tompkins
God drat it, I actually have to download this crap now.

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!
Ronna and Beverly can be really great, but they do force their guests into a straight man role, which obviously sucks if you want PFT to go wild.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Haha, it's pretty good so far. They're like a female version of the "Oh hello" characters John Mulaney and Nick Kroll do.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
They were ok. I'd probably rate Ronna a mustard, and Beverly a pants.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bobby Malone posted:

Well I rate Ronna a pants, and Beverly a mustard.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Goose Halo posted:

Is that real? really? C'mon, that's got to be a sound effect. If not, it's pretty amazing, even if it is just a clown horn impression.

ElCondemn posted:

I thought this was a great episode, Tig was a lot quicker than usual and it was hilarious.

I concur. It was a good show and she won me over somewhat. I thought she was just about the worst comedian I ever experienced after the first time I heard her on CDR.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Bobby Malone posted:

The_Rob posted:

Well I rate Ronna a pants, and Beverly a mustard.

they're both pretty clearly mustard not sure where you guys are getting your data???

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

NotWearingPants posted:

Is that real? really? C'mon, that's got to be a sound effect. If not, it's pretty amazing, even if it is just a clown horn impression.

Seriously? Yeah, it's totally real. That's why it rules

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Improv4Humans with Sean Conroy, Tim Meadows, Seth Morris. :monocle:

I can't wait to listen to this at work tomorrow.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Sean Conroy is so goddamned funny on improv4humans, Bear Down, and The Longshot that I really don't understand how he's not a famous writer or sketch performer or something.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

caveman thug poo poo posted:

they're both pretty clearly mustard not sure where you guys are getting your data???

there's a WTF episode where Marc is talking about buying his dad some mustard-colored pants and it blew my mind

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Riptor posted:

there's a WTF episode where Marc is talking about buying his dad some mustard-colored pants and it blew my mind

I don't recall that in the podcast but he does mention it in a bit on his latest album.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Newest Doug Loves Movies has Paul F. Tompkins, Gary Marshall, and Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber as guests.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

RandolphCarter posted:

Newest Doug Loves Movies has Paul F. Tompkins, Gary Marshall, and Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber as guests.

What the...???

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Just listened to it, and boy, I do not get the love in here for Paul. I like his stand-up alright, but take his written material away and he's got nothing. I think he chimed in all of twice in that whole hour, and then only to clarify some point of order for the old guys.

Doug's got a fun format for a game here, but he needs to get some comedians who are quick on their feet, maybe Joe Rogan or Carolla.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

WoG posted:

Just listened to it, and boy, I do not get the love in here for Paul. I like his stand-up alright, but take his written material away and he's got nothing. I think he chimed in all of twice in that whole hour, and then only to clarify some point of order for the old guys.

Doug's got a fun format for a game here, but he needs to get some comedians who are quick on their feet, maybe Joe Rogan or Carolla.

I honestly can't tell if you realize those "older guys" are also Paul F Tompkins.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Makochuk posted:

I honestly can't tell if you realize those "older guys" are also Paul F Tompkins.

Yes, it's really ambiguous that this guy just wandered into the Comedy Bang Bang thread to trash PFT (after listening to the entire DLM ep) and then cited Rogan and Carolla as superior alternatives. I, also, cannot tell what direction he is going in! :goleft:

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

WoG posted:

thats adorable

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

WoG posted:

Even if this isn't a troll, it just sounds too trolly to inspire any real annoyance.

It's like I'm enjoying a fine Belgian beer and WoG here just told me I'm going to lose my man card because I'm not drinking Miller Lite.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
"Boy, that Paul F. Tompkins guy wasn't very funny, but Gary Marshall and Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber were a hoot!"

In other podcast news, I think Improv4Humans needs to be shorter or something. It's still funny, but I end up not listening to the whole thing because I get bored of it. I think, though, that making it shorter would take out some of the riffing and storytelling they do, and that would be a blow to its entertainment value, so I don't know what the solution is.

Also, how often is SuperEgo released? It seems like as soon as I started listening, they stopped producing episodes.

e: Oh no, I just realized this is the Comedy Bang Bang thread, and not the Comedy Podcast General thread! Sorry! Thanks for the answer, Riptor!

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 28, 2012

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
SuperEgo comes out on the first of every month, but they took January off. There should be an episode on Wednesday for Feb 1.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Even if this isn't a troll, it just sounds too trolly to inspire any real annoyance.

It's not a troll, it's what we call in the biz 'a joke.'

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

NotWearingPants posted:

It's like I'm enjoying a fine Belgian beer and WoG here just told me I'm going to lose my man card because I'm not drinking Miller Lite.

The thing I hate about that commercial is that they're saying "gay" but they can't say gay on TV.

Also Improv4Humans is great, I love how long it is because there's always something worthwhile even if it's a throwaway. They obviously edit it, so there's probably an extra 45 minutes every week that's lame

Also on CBB topic, how do I get MY GIRLFRIEND into Earwolf stuff? I feel like she'd like it - she loves adam scott and even the bit of wonder showzen that I showed her - but it's hard to pick an entry point.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Blackula69 posted:

Also on CBB topic, how do I get MY GIRLFRIEND into Earwolf stuff? I feel like she'd like it - she loves adam scott and even the bit of wonder showzen that I showed her - but it's hard to pick an entry point.

If she likes Adam Scott, then the obvious entry point should be Farts and Procreation. Even if she doesn't like Adam Scott, it should be that.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Seconding Farts and Procreation.

My first episode was the one immediately before that, Andi Callahan, RN, and while I really liked it, I was listening more for Gillian Jacobs and it was her only appearance so I didn't really have any incentive to listen to older episodes. After listening to Farts and Procreation the next week, I had to hear more Adam Scott and Harris Wittels appearances, and those branched out into a bunch of other ones. It's a great episode to get someone hooked.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think the two Jimmy Pardo guest episodes (with Rory and with Paul Rust/Rob Delaney) are fantastic intros, as are any of the Marissa Wompler episodes

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I've found the two-parter with Paul F Tompkins (as Cake Boss) and Andy Richter is a good one, too. That's the one that hooked me and I've used it to get a couple people into the show. It's good, but it doesn't get too out there, either.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

New Analyze Phish!!

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

jyrka posted:

New Analyze Phish!!

it's pretty spectacular

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is the first CBB episode I haven't finished in a very long time :( Tim and Eric really rub me the wrong way I guess

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And Adomian's character really did nothing for me. I think the only time I laughed was when they realized they had no time to play Would You Rather. The new Analyse Phish more than made up for it though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Mr. Squishy posted:

And Adomian's character really did nothing for me. I think the only time I laughed was when they realized they had no time to play Would You Rather. The new Analyse Phish more than made up for it though.

The more I read about today's episode, the more I'm thinking of just skipping it.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jyrka posted:

New Analyze Phish!!

Scott's going to post more pics later, but for now here's a pic of his sweater:

Also I posted this in the Comedy Podcast Megathread, but I thought today's episode wasn't as bad as Tim's previous appearance. Not to say it was a great episode, and I didn't really care for James Adomian's new character, but you might want to give it at least one shot.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 30, 2012

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

This is the first CBB episode I haven't finished in a very long time :( Tim and Eric really rub me the wrong way I guess

I cherry-pick which older episodes to listen to, and Tim Heidecker's first appearance is the only CBB I've just bailed on. He spent like half an hour doing a disinterested Andy Kaufman thing where he just wanted to talk about his career as a musician, Scott was trying really hard to play into it and get him to go somewhere beyond that with it and he just never did.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I enjoyed the Tim & Eric aspect of today's episode, but Adomian's character was terrible. Didn't like Giamatti either so hopefully he busts out some good ones soon, is he back to living in LA? But the absolute worst part of this ep, and what honestly makes me feel a little betrayed, is that they didn't do the final chupacabra ending with the WOLF DEAD. Only goddamn reason I listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Power of Pecota posted:

I cherry-pick which older episodes to listen to, and Tim Heidecker's first appearance is the only CBB I've just bailed on. He spent like half an hour doing a disinterested Andy Kaufman thing where he just wanted to talk about his career as a musician, Scott was trying really hard to play into it and get him to go somewhere beyond that with it and he just never did.

That episode was one huge reference to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWS6qyy7bw