Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rumble and Raw for all both of you:

http://www.sixdrinksin.com/2012/01/31/six-drinks-in-does-wrestling-for-1-30-12/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Awesome, I needed something to listen to while I try to sleep.

EDIT: I just realized that that probably sounded like I meant you were boring and that's totally not what I meant, haha. I just like to listen to stuff while I go to bed.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 31, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cardboard Box posted:

EDIT: I just realized that that probably sounded like I meant you were boring and that's totally not what I meant, haha. I just like to listen to stuff while I go to bed.

For ages I used to listen to the Tony Kornheiser show to put me to sleep. That was awesome. Something about Tony's radio voice that just makes me zzzzzzz

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

Really wouldn't be offended either way, but thanks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The one loving day I can't wait to listen to Observer radio it's not posted until late afternoon.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sportsgenius86 posted:

The one loving day I can't wait to listen to Observer radio it's not posted until late afternoon.
Might've been due to the New Japan sale. Dave would probably want to get as much info on that as possible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

Might've been due to the New Japan sale. Dave would probably want to get as much info on that as possible.

If I didn't see that story on the front page I would just assume Dave's kids had died or something to cause the show to be pushed back nearly 12 hours.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Observer Radio up now.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"We are here to talk a bunch of news, the biggest of which is the fact that UNDERTAKER CAME BACK WITH A WIG ON!"

I laughed.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Don't listen to Smart Wrestling Fan this week. I was robbed.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Poor Peewee Kiwi.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Cardboard Box posted:

Poor Peewee Kiwi.

He's dead, don't worry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mikey Whipwreck! I have missed him.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

New Masked Man podcast on Grantland.

Featuring MLW creator and ex-WWE writer Court Bauer, With Leather editor and PSP gif thread enthusiast Brandon Stroud, and The Masked Man's roommate.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRayPer posted:

Mikey Whipwreck! I have missed him.

Do you prefer scared-of-everything Mikey or batshit-insane Mikey?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For me it's batshit insane Mikey, although I'll have always have a softspot for the following exchange:

Mick Foley: We're up against the Public Enemy, Mikey! Do you know what that means?

Mikey: Yeah....It means I'm gonna die!

Mick Foley: MIKEY LIKES IT! HE REALLY, REALLY LIKES IT!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Do you prefer scared-of-everything Mikey or batshit-insane Mikey?

Which Mikey tells lots of stories about those two Mikeys?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRayPer posted:

Which Mikey tells lots of stories about those two Mikeys?

That would be fat crippled Mikey, who also rules because he cracks jokes about looking like King Kong Bundy all the time.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Anytime I see Mikey Whipwreck on the site I think of the time I listened to Ed's show and he called him Mickey like 7 seconds into the interview.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Whipwreck was great on Art of Wrestling.

How long will it be until we get details on the CM Punk DVD set?
I was really surprised when Dave gave an emphatic "Yes. I believe that they would." when asked about WWE licensing ROH matches for a hypothetical (at the time) Punk or Danielson DVD.

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
Bryan Alvarez seems to be really positive they're gonna change the Royal Rumble shot from Sheamus to someone else.

They're not, Alvarez, you numbnut.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SGRaaize posted:

Bryan Alvarez seems to be really positive they're gonna change the Royal Rumble shot from Sheamus to someone else.

I wouldn't put anything past the WWE at this point.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

SGRaaize posted:

What about WWE makes you think this is at all certain? There's two months of TV and a pay-per-view between now and WrestleMania, and it's not like the company has any problem making stupid, rash decisions to pop a rating.

If I had to bet, I'd say that Sheamus will get a title shot at WrestleMania, but his presence in the match--or, if he's in, that match being one-on-one--are hardly cast in stone.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 3, 2012

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they did that to Sheamus, I'd probably not order Mania on principle alone. They can put whoever they want in that title match and it isn't going to mean poo poo because the Cena-Rock and HHH-Taker fights are going to be what sells the card. If there's one year to take the World Title and let two unproven guys have a chance to shine, it's this year.

Regardless, if they do anything, they'll move the belt off of Bryan, not take Sheamus' shot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If they screw him they'll most likely just take the 'he cashes his match in on EC' route since he's being pimped out hard for it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

WHow long will it be until we get details on the CM Punk DVD set?
I was really surprised when Dave gave an emphatic "Yes. I believe that they would." when asked about WWE licensing ROH matches for a hypothetical (at the time) Punk or Danielson DVD.

Considering he just revealed that it was greenlit, I would say not for a few months, at least.

It would be very interesting (and smart) if WWE actually reaches an agreement to include some old ROH matches.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I thought that discussion was about footage for the documentary portion and not about whole matches.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I thought that discussion was about footage for the documentary portion and not about whole matches.
Question said "for the rights to use matches".

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

SGRaaize posted:

They almost did it to Rey until the huge backlash happened. :v:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

HulkaMatt posted:

They almost did it to Rey until the huge backlash happened. :v:
From what Dave said, they considered having Cena win the Rumble and then the story would be him being conflicted about either going for the title or having has match with The Rock...which would have probably lead to him using his title shot at EC, win it and then make the Rock match for the title...

...and they wonder why people flat out reject Cena.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oops. That's what I get for listening at work.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Oh wow WON/F4W changed its site layout :stare:

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Cardboard Box posted:

Hahahaha! loving gradients everywhere! Awesome.

Edit: also, TWITTER~!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I reckon they'd get that ladder match from where ever it is he started, right?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

LordPants posted:

I reckon they'd get that ladder match from where ever it is he started, right?

The one against fat Chris Hero in IWA MS? It looks really good in a package but the match itself is outright horrible. Also they would have to edit it for Punks potty mouth.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, there's a pretty good piece by Dave in the current Observer about online piracy. He seems to have changed his position from "PIRACY IS KILLING THE BUSINESS" to "Piracy is an unavoidable side effect of the proliferation of the Internet as a world wide broadcasting tool, but is still morally wrong." :staredog:

edit: But he does still say the "Current generation believes everything should be free on the internet" :smug:

double edit

quote:

Skullcrusher Rasche Brown, 36, announced this past week he was retiring from wrestling due to injuries suffered in a 16 year career working mostly indies in the Midwest. [...]“My career is over, not by choice, for survival,” he wrote. “This hurts me more than almost anything in my life because wrestling was there when life was bad for me growing up a poor kid in a community where people don’t see a way out. It taught me right from wrong, good from evil an how to see through bullshit.” He noted that at the age of 5 he had a goal to become NWA world tag team champion and he and Keith Walker held those titles for two years.

First reaction: :smith:

Second reaction: UWF wrote his injury angle as being shot backstage after winning the title. :haw:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 4, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

LordPants posted:

Wow, there's a pretty good piece by Dave in the current Observer about online piracy. He seems to have changed his position from "PIRACY IS KILLING THE BUSINESS" to "Piracy is an unavoidable side effect of the proliferation of the Internet as a world wide broadcasting tool, but is still morally wrong." :staredog:

edit: But he does still say the "Current generation believes everything should be free on the internet" :smug:
He had friends who used to come over to watch the shows and now they just stream. :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

It's like the font they used didn't have a bold style, so they added stroke to it. It's incredibly loving jarring.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

http://www.sixdrinksin.com/2012/02/04/six-drinks-in-does-wrestling-for-02-03-12/

Smackdown review thankfully featuring the return of the co-host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
A brand-new Art of Wrestling-stlye podcast with the CHIKARA roster. It's all in Kayfabe which makes it even cooler, especially when they get to the bigger characters.

This week is Sara Del Rey.

http://grizzlyproductions.tv/my-breakfast-with-chikara/

• Locked thread