Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Anyone know a Brett Gelman speech to The Man that goes something like "ME NO LIKE *something* ME NO LIKE *something else*"? Where is that from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I really like Tim and Eric and I enjoyed this one all the way through :ohdear: Dr. Bronner wasn't as funny as Huell Howser or Jesse Ventura (or even Alan Rickman), but he was about as good as a Paul Giammati.
The popcorn.com stuff at the beginning and honorarium stuff at the end were the highlights for me, I think.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I really like Tim and Eric and I enjoyed this one all the way through :ohdear: Dr. Bronner wasn't as funny as Huell Howser or Jesse Ventura (or even Alan Rickman), but he was about as good as a Paul Giammati.
The popcorn.com stuff at the beginning and honorarium stuff at the end were the highlights for me, I think.
I agree with you a hundred percent. I was laughing so hard at popcorn.com. Also I want that lifetime supply of popcorn.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I've been using Dr. Bronner soap since I was a kid, so I got the bit and found it to be pretty funny, but the character doesn't lend itself to the back and forth comedy that makes CBB shine.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This is going to be unpopular I'm sure, but I really don't care for James Adomians characters on CBB anymore. I re-listened to the entire catalogue a few months ago, and while the impressions are good, they become tired after repeat appearances. Still love Adomian's stand-up though.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
It really depends on the character and who he's playing off. I think Jesse the Mind is the best one because he has so much backstory to build on, whereas Huell can just be a pain in the rear end

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I also don't really like his characters. They often don't interact well with the guests. Sometimes Adomian takes the bits to strange and interesting places, but overall I'd rather hear someone a little more easy-going.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

wafflesnsegways posted:

I also don't really like his characters. They often don't interact well with the guests.

This is exactly my problem. Other than Alan Rickman, each character is just doing the same jokes through the entire episode.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I really like Tim and Eric and I enjoyed this one all the way through

This is how I felt, but I almost bailed when the good doctor came in. They just didn't really have anything to play off of. I think the only thing they could do was go the 'get angry with the improv guest' route. They were pretty much just the same characters as on their Tim & Eric Night Live show which I sort of "get" now.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I really like Tim and Eric and I enjoyed this one all the way through :ohdear:

I don't even like Tim and Eric that much and I agree. The "4 Quarters of Success" had me cracking up on the bus.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I miss Adomian's fat, food critic character, that guy was disgusting and hilarious!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Cast No Engine posted:

I miss Adomian's fat, food critic character, that guy was disgusting and hilarious!

Merrill Shindler! I miss him too :(

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Max22 posted:

I don't even like Tim and Eric that much and I agree. The "4 Quarters of Success" had me cracking up on the bus.

yea between that and popcorn.com I don't get how you can be a fan of CBB and not enjoy at least the first half hour

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The long-awaited Analyze Phish 4th episode was pretty loving awesome! It was fun to listen to the night progress, and poor Kulap was so concerned haha.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

How are u posted:

The long-awaited Analyze Phish 4th episode was pretty loving awesome! It was fun to listen to the night progress, and poor Kulap was so concerned haha.

Yeah, it was easily my favourite one so far. They're gotten exponentially better each episode.

I loved when present-Harris made the same joke at the same time as concert-Harris. Also the girlfriend drama, Dr. Foxy and the bathroom liquor story.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
"Would anybody like Coconut Water?"

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I thought the bit in the Ronna and Beverly episode about Scott Aukerman's wife having giant breasts was just a joke :stare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Max22 posted:

I thought the bit in the Ronna and Beverly episode about Scott Aukerman's wife having giant breasts was just a joke :stare:

All Earwolf fans should be watching Children's Hospital.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Huge boobs but no hips, it boggles my mind. But he had a funny line about how "people can go to the earwolf store and see pictures of the shirts, including my wife wearing them you sons of bitches" after I'm sure some comments were made.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

"people can go to the earwolf store and see pictures of the shirts, including my wife wearing them you sons of bitches"

my wife

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
I think it really put a spotlight on just how loving funny Scott really is. And Harris realization about how silly it all is was pretty great. I think it was one of the better podcast episodes I have ever heard.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

FitFortDanga posted:

Merrill Shindler! I miss him too :(

Has he been on any episodes other than the one with Brian Posehn? I'm lukewarm on Jesse Ventura/Huell Howser, but that episode had me dying.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Power of Pecota posted:

Has he been on any episodes other than the one with Brian Posehn? I'm lukewarm on Jesse Ventura/Huell Howser, but that episode had me dying.

yep, a previous one with Mary Lynn Rajskub and Sarah Silverman. It's episode 64.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Adomian brings that character, among others, to this episode of This American Wife: http://thisamericanwifepodcast.com/index.php?id=71

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Max22 posted:

my wife

My WiFi

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Wifi? Becausefi

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Was listening to the Nick Kroll/Harris Wittles episode and I had forgotten how hilarious it was. Fabrice Fabrice is hysterical, and upon relistening to shows he is on, Harris has becomes one of my favorite guests. I don't think there is anyone else willing to be the butt of as many jokes as he is.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Harris was on Parks & Rec last night, if anyone didn't see it. He plays a man called Harris who loves Phish.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

GraPar posted:

Harris was on Parks & Rec last night, if anyone didn't see it. He plays a man called Harris who loves Phish.

Loved that shirt!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

plastered quack posted:

yep, a previous one with Mary Lynn Rajskub and Sarah Silverman. It's episode 64.

Thanks! It took Adomian a while to hit his stride in that one, but it was really funny when he got into it.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I really liked the Tim and Eric episode. When Eric talks about how he only uses the Dr's soap to stop ants from getting in I lost my poo poo.

Also, Spring Dingers.

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
Newest episode is one of the best yet.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I was a little hesitant on the Liza Minnelli impersonation at first, but after a few minutes the absurdity cranked up and it was great. :)

The ep is pre-recorded, which is horrible because Scott clearly dubs over the best part of the show, but otherwise I agree it's an amazing episode.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 6, 2012

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Dorepoll posted:

I really liked the Tim and Eric episode. When Eric talks about how he only uses the Dr's soap to stop ants from getting in I lost my poo poo.

Also, Spring Dingers.

The four quarters of success? Come on, it was a great episode. Dr. Broner was a rare misstep for Adomian but Tim and Eric are geniuses.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
Todd Glass rapping over Rappin' Rodney was one of the best things this show has ever done.

Octavian
Mar 29, 2007
Personally, I think Phone Corner is a lock for the Best Segment Grammy.

Well, it'll be that or Foam Corner

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I'd give that to Jukebox Jury.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man. The Legalzoom ad they've inserted into the middle of old shows is a huge bummer. They are so much louder than the actual episodes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yeah you'd think with a fleet of interns and four paid engineers they could maybe not blow my loving eardrums out. the plugs section of CBB this week was the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MAD IRL
Oct 30, 2008

And Malcolm Gladwell likes what he hears!
What is this, another present for me?