Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kurtofan posted:

Another censored poster: Here is the original poster
and a censored version found in the Parisian subway:

Can you spot the difference? (This is quite old so I'm sorry if this is common knowledge but I just find it hilarious)

Edit: I just realized this isn't exactly the same picture, so don't say that the kid on the backseat is turning his head.

Yeah, Tati re-editing the movie to add cell phones was a big mistake, I don't know why they would put that on the poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

slinkimalinki posted:

I am bringing this up from the last page because those hooves around that cow's neck.

I had no idea those were supposed to be the horse's hooves until you said so. They look more like some weird necklace and the horse looks like some horrifying, legless abomination. And does that pig have a nose ring? Who puts nose rings in pigs?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

And does that pig have a nose ring? Who puts nose rings in pigs?

Everyone? It stops them from digging up their pens.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Mister Chief posted:

Everyone? It stops them from digging up their pens.

Sorry, I've never heard of that. Is this common everywhere?

VVV Huh, you learn something new from ugly movie posters every day.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 5, 2012

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

Sorry, I've never heard of that. Is this common everywhere?

Pretty much, yeah:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose_ring_%28animal%29#Pig_rings

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Habermann posted:

As a Christian, I can say that there has NEVER been a watchable "Faith-based" film. The worst being Fireproof. A lot of good that did, seeing as how my wife cheated on me and left me :smith:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mustached5thGrader posted:

As a Christian, I can say that there has NEVER been a watchable "Faith-based" film. The worst being Fireproof. A lot of good that did, seeing as how my wife cheated on me and left me :smith:
What about faith-included? I liked Secret Sunshine and Amazing Grace, although faith is only a part of the story. Higher Ground looks pretty decent (haven't seen it yet though). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8y7edoPgX8

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

spookygonk posted:

He's just holding those legs up to admire the shoes, isn't he?

Maybe its the spiritual sequel to Mannequin.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

I'd disagree, but mostly because my faith is a pervasive and enduring belief in the power of Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

The Triumphant posted:

I'd disagree, but mostly because my faith is a pervasive and enduring belief in the power of Jean-Claude Van Damme.

I think you might be onto something there.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

http://artsandfaith.com/t100/

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

You're way wrong here because the very first and most obvious one that springs to mind is The Last Temptation of Christ.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

penismightier posted:

http://artsandfaith.com/t100/

Where's Groundhog Day :mad:

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

You're way wrong here because the very first and most obvious one that springs to mind is The Last Temptation of Christ.

The Prince of Egypt was good. >:[

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The life of Brian

Johnny Digital
Apr 29, 2008
Original poster:

UK billboard:

Is this another case of not pointing a gun at the audience? Because she looks like she's aiming behind her somewhere, or showing everyone how nice her gun is.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Johnny Digital posted:

Original poster:

UK billboard:

Is this another case of not pointing a gun at the audience? Because she looks like she's aiming behind her somewhere, or showing everyone how nice her gun is.

Why even bother with showing both guns on the billboard if they're going to do that. They should have just cropped out her right hand.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Awwww!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Johnny Digital posted:

Most certainly. I may have mentioned this before but in Pasadena and Philadelphia and a few other markets you can't have the guns at all.

Johnny Digital
Apr 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

Most certainly. I may have mentioned this before but in Pasadena and Philadelphia and a few other markets you can't have the guns at all.

So would she be doing gun-fingers instead?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Johnny Digital posted:

So would she be doing gun-fingers instead?

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

If anyone hasn't seen this film, his solution to being crucified is to kick the cross down.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

The Triumphant posted:

If anyone hasn't seen this film, his solution to being crucified is to kick the cross down.

I tell ya, Jesus must be kicking himself for not thinking of that.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What movie is that?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Slasherfan posted:

What movie is that?

Cyborg aka Masters of the Universe 2

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.

Kurtofan posted:

and a censored version found in the Parisian subway:

I thought the blurry chick was part of the poster and I was like, that's a pretty cool poster. It'd definitely make me stop and look at it if I saw it. Then I saw the cell phone.

Also the Underworld UK billboard poster rules.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
I've never seen the movie, but Gomorrah had a pretty sick poster.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rubber Slug posted:

Why does a giant need a handgun?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

TheJoker138 posted:

Helicopters and planes. The occasional hot air balloon.

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?

Rubber Slug posted:

I really enjoyed the movie, but man, I hate that poster.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Every time I see it I am reminded of The Gods Must Be Crazy. Apparently I am not alone:
http://cheezburger.com/impossiblefunky/lolz/View/2666763008

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheJoker138 posted:

The giant awoke. The thieves were long gone at this point. He put his beanstalk back into place and climbed back home to his castle. As days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, his never-ending unemployment was beginning to rear its ugly head. He was able to afford anything with those golden eggs. But now the bills were piling up and his castle was close to foreclosure. As he laid in bed one night, all he could think to himself was "If only I had had a gun."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Things would've gone much better for King Kong if he'd had a handgun.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rogue1-and-a-half posted:

. Rob Lowe, on the other hand, can, uh, do vapid well, but then he's purty, so bring out the big bucks! Palminteri needs better movies is the main thing, I suppose.

Rob Lowe is LITerally the finest actor I have ever seen.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Maxwell Lord posted:

Rob Lowe is LITerally the finest actor I have ever seen.

Maxwell Lord! :ocelot:

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/

Does this ever look good? Can we please just ban this concept from being used ever again?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

sambafish posted:

Does this ever look good? Can we please just ban this concept from being used ever again?

I guess it makes sence if you have seen the film, the villian is called Hollowface because he has no face, Terrible movie though. The UK poster is better.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mister Chief posted:

This quality of this animation bears a striking resemblance to the 1995 Sega CD title, Wild Woody.

I watched the trailer and thought that the animation was surprisingly good for an obviously low budget turd. The other thing that surprised me was the quality of the texturing on the feathers of the crows. The feathers clipping through each other didn't suprprise me at all, though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

sambafish posted:

So this is what The Question would look like if they ever made a movie about the character (and they should).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Madkal posted:

So this is what The Question would look like if they ever made a movie about the character (and they should).

Yes on both points.