Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

Madkal posted:

Just want to chime in on the Crow. The stuff takes a huge nose dive in quality with each sequal. The first one I love (nostalgia and whatnot) but it does have it's issues (namely Sarah who is just loving annoying). However, there are some really awesome bad rear end scenes in it, and seeing how Lee takes out each henchman is awesome. The thing that really makes the movie though is that despite it's sleekness it is still rough around the edges. The colours aren't just black but red in the background too. That kind of thing.

The roughness around the edges and messy, casual production was what got Brandon Lee killed though, so, you know, bit of good bit of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Crow had an 83% fresh rating on release in its defense.

edit: even if Brandon Lee did not.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

kiimo posted:

Best CD post.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Farbtoner posted:

I know through the Onion AV Club review that John Cena is Fred's imaginary dad (he's fatherless and his mom is a neglectful alcoholic) so he pretty much plays himself, running around shirtless and beating the kid up while giving fatherly wisdom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gwVU3exQms

I watched all of FRED on Nick once and I'll say that... the entire movie is basically as bad as you'd expect (maybe a little worse because it lasts for two hours) but the parts where John Cena just wrecks poo poo is worth watching in YouTube clips.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The cover for the upcoming E.T. blu-ray is terrible.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Mister Chief posted:

Is this real?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Slasherfan posted:

Is this real?

Of course it is. 90% of film studios employ waterheads to design their DVD covers nowadays.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Gonz posted:

Of course it is. 90% of film studios employ waterheads to design their DVD covers nowadays.

What was so wrong with the original poster that they changed it? That was an iconic image.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Slasherfan posted:

What was so wrong with the original poster that they changed it? That was an iconic image.

Not enough lens flare, apparently.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:( Why?!
E.T. had some really beautiful posters:

There was no need of doing anything.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Desperado Bones posted:

:( Why?!
E.T. had some really beautiful posters:

Yeah, definitely.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Hahaha, searching for those E.T. movies made me search for this:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Moonwalker was incredible for all the wrong reasons. Namely Joe Pesci as someone who dealt drugs to children, and MJ turning into Starscream.

SpeedofLife
Mar 11, 2010
What the gently caress was "Moonwalker" anyway?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

SpeedofLife posted:

What the gently caress was "Moonwalker" anyway?

It was a movie/musical featuring a bunch of Michael Jackson videos based around a loose plot about drug dealers and corruption and homeless kids.

The videogame was much better than the movie.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Gonz posted:

It was a movie/musical featuring a bunch of Michael Jackson videos based around a loose plot about drug dealers and corruption and homeless kids.

The videogame was much better than the movie.

No matter how weird the rest of the movie is, it's all worth it because the movie version of Smooth Criminal is the best music video ever made, hands down.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Atasi posted:

No matter how weird the rest of the movie is, it's all worth it because the movie version of Smooth Criminal is the best music video ever made, hands down.

Definitely.

I'm partial to this recreation of it, performed by a frat/sorority group at MIT several years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0qDCV1UBI

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

penismightier posted:

Yeah so The Crow is loving awful. It's like Spawn but somehow worse. Still might see the third one to satisfy my Dunst-love.

Like... Kirsten Dunst? :barf:

Mister Chief posted:

Seriously gently caress E.T. Was he supposed to be cute? Because I was just creeped out by him. That goddamned horrifying noise he makes when he's first found in the cornfield... ugh.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Another banger.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Atasi posted:

Look at this person being 100% right.

edit-
For content, I saw this on blu-ray.com and laughed at how silly Malkovich looks:

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 9, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Another banger.

They're not even trying to be subtle are they?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Kind of the definition of Photoshop Disaster isn't it?

Mister Chief posted:

Are you are making GBS threads me?!

EDIT: Beaten like that guy who gets his nose caved in by Viggo.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

Is it just me...?

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This is why we need Adam Lambert to be a fabulous Crow and the whole show to be formatted after Rupaul's Drag Race :smug:

Oh man, now I've got visions of a Crow rock opera, which could actually kinda work. I mean, the original comic was a mainstay of my teen years (loved the movie too, but I was too cool to like it that much because I'd read the source material - oh yeah, I was/am that guy) and kids definitely eat up worse garbage every day.

Not necessarily a stage show, but a la Phantom of the Paradise . . . it could work, I tell you.

The soundtrack was definitely the best part of that movie.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Goddammit!

This is the poster of Chronicle for Mexico. They translated it to "Unlimited power", the tagline says: "And you, what would you do if you had it?"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Gonz posted:

Definitely.

I'm partial to this recreation of it, performed by a frat/sorority group at MIT several years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0qDCV1UBI
That was cool but it was hilarious how the guy who got the chalk dust blown at him forgot he was supposed to look hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eZ0qDCV1UBI#t=208s

Cage fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 9, 2012

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

Vagabundo posted:

They're not even trying to be subtle are they?

drat, I'd forgotten how good that poster was. It's got the gun, but it also has that sly look and faint rage in Viggo's eyes so you know that he knows exactly how to handle himself.

The DVD cover's really bad though

Kind of worth it, though, because the DVD disc itself is printed to look like the chambers of a revolver, which is really good design.

Also, fun fact, this was the last film ever released on VHS.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

Look at this person being 100% right.

edit-
For content, I saw this on blu-ray.com and laughed at how silly Malkovich looks:

I thought that was Hugh Laurie for a second.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Mister Chief posted:

I'm surprised they didn't throw present day Drew Barrymore on the cover, since she'd probably sell more copies thn child Drew Barrymore.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Holy drat, are you ready for a doozy?

So, for The Hunger Games, they're releasing a brand of nail polish colors for this ridiculous looking woman from the books, and here is the ad:

Yes, she's supposed to look like an eccentric pale prostitute, apparently. In any case, that poster is pretty okay.

Now, there's also a few other ads on the main site for other products from other characters from the capitol in the novels. The second one is a bit ridiculous, but it makes sense since apparently everyone from the capitol is ridiculous. Here we have Lenny Kravits as Cinna, with some gold eyeliner.

Click here for a motion ad in which he blinks and the background moves and stuff.

Now here's where it starts to go bad.

Hey, let's just cut out boxes and paste them on the ad! Sounds like a great idea! Also, click here for motion ad in which his beard gets shaved into the above.

And the reason I even started this post:

That is Stanley Tucci. Apparently someone has been playing Face Lift with his face.
(Click here for shining).

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

For the last one, I think he's supposed to look that way. In the book the dude's like 80 or whatever and has had plastic surgery more than any modern celebrity or person. The eyebrows are really throwing me off though.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Democratic Pirate posted:

For the last one, I think he's supposed to look that way. In the book the dude's like 80 or whatever and has had plastic surgery more than any modern celebrity or person. The eyebrows are really throwing me off though.

He looks just fine in the new trailer. I mean, besides the blue hair and everything.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah, having read the books I don't know how I feel about those posters. They're objectively awful, but the Capitol is supposed to be built around a lifestyle of garish conspicuous consumption so those posters being so awful fits right in with the story.

Either way, Cinna looks dreamy :allears:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Farbtoner posted:

Yeah, having read the books I don't know how I feel about those posters. They're objectively awful, but the Capitol is supposed to be built around a lifestyle of garish conspicuous consumption so those posters being so awful fits right in with the story.

Either way, Cinna looks dreamy :allears:

Yeah, see, I don't fault them for fitting the fact they're supposed to be garish. I actually like the first two for fitting that theme. The boxes thing and Stanley Tucci not looking anything like himself or a real human being are not okay, though.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

That is Stanley Tucci.

They should have just hired Adrian Pasdar.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

The Crow had an 83% fresh rating on release in its defense.

God drat, right out of the park and halfway across the parking lot

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Atasi posted:

This cannot be stated enough.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

Goddammit!

This is the poster of Chronicle for Mexico. They translated it to "Unlimited power", the tagline says: "And you, what would you do if you had it?"

I do love the accusatory tone of the tagline. It's like it's saying "You wouldn't be any better, would you?"

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Desperado Bones posted:

Goddammit!

Well, isn't that nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

The Triumphant posted:

drat, I'd forgotten how good that poster was. It's got the gun, but it also has that sly look and faint rage in Viggo's eyes so you know that he knows exactly how to handle himself.

The DVD cover's really bad though

Kind of worth it, though, because the DVD disc itself is printed to look like the chambers of a revolver, which is really good design.

Also, fun fact, this was the last film ever released on VHS.

I'm pretty sure House of the Devil was on VHS. Or doesn't that count?