Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

88h88 posted:

Could someone explain this to me? I've had my gear about 10 months now and I bought that 'How to DJ properly' book which has taught me a fair bit but obviously I'm still learning.

I also figure I need some form of effects unit to play about with just to add a wee bit of spice to the stuff I do, what's the consensus on something like the Korg Kaoss Pad?

I love my KP3, but I use it mainly for looping. KORG recently announced the miniKaossPad 2 though, which is a cheaper alternative that seems really nice.

Are you DJing with turntables and a mixer or with software? Traktor for example has decent built in effects. Some of the more advanced hardware mixers have integrated effects units aswell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Das Butterbrot posted:

I love my KP3, but I use it mainly for looping. KORG recently announced the miniKaossPad 2 though, which is a cheaper alternative that seems really nice.

Are you DJing with turntables and a mixer or with software? Traktor for example has decent built in effects. Some of the more advanced hardware mixers have integrated effects units aswell.

I have a CDJ setup, at some point I'll upgrade the mixer as it's not the best but currently it's fine for what I do hence the thinking about a Kaoss Pad. It was the KP2 that actually made me think about it actually, aside from the mp3 player part is there really any difference between it and the original KP? I can't see it ever being used on the run, it'll probably sit with my kit forever and the proper RCA connectors seem like a much better idea.

I'm assuming it sits between the mixer and the EQ/amplifier?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Dopo posted:

I don't think this is necessarily true, especially if the tune isn't melodic. I almost never use pitch lock, and I would never use it if I'm slowing a tune down. It distorts the sound too much and the kick never sounds clean. The bottom line is to just use your ears and figure out what sounds right though.

I've never had this problem, but I don't bother with it if they aren't harmonic anyways. Never really heard any distortion, might depend on the quality of the equipment you use?

But yeah, obviously whatever your ears tell you takes precedence. You have to build up your toolbox but you cant use a screwdriver to nail a hammer in.

Also um, re: effects discussion, effects are almost always just a crutch and when you use them everything starts to look like a nail. The only DJ I know who consistently uses effects well is Zabiela.

Examples of a DJ who doesn't know when to use effects: Paul "phazer" van "flanger" Dyk (I heard he stopped doing it finally after 4-5 years, I see him next month so we'll see)

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 31, 2012

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

mitztronic posted:

Also um, re: effects discussion, effects are almost always just a crutch and when you use them everything starts to look like a nail.

In addition I've got the KP2&3, other than looking cool and being fun to mess around with when you're hosed up, they're pretty much useless if you're using them live. The sampler on the KP3 is always slightly off and it's really difficult to duplicate effects. They're basically expensive toys. Seriously if your transitions/track selection are solid people are gonna think you're doing way more than you actually are anyway. I'm not anti-effects in general but if you use them a lot in a set it's a huge crutch and people will notice.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

In terms of effects, all you really need is airhorn.wav and maybe reggae_laser.wav

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah I know some Djs use them farrrrrr too much but every now and again, I just feel like I need a bit of LPF/HPF at certain points. Nothing particularly over the top, that's not how I do.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One
The essential rule with effects is that you really do not need them. Once you realize that, they become useful.

Master the basics first. And by master I really mean master; become great at blending two songs using nothing but your faders and EQ. Once you can do that, start looking at some effects.

Think about what you play and if the music needs you to use effects. If you play EPIC TRANCE you really do not need any more EPIC ECHOES. If you play mellow deep house you equally do not need EPIC DELAYS. Often times you'll find great tracks don't need it all.

EFX are also pretty much dividable into two categories; the ones that form an extension of your EQ and the ones with the potential for crazy. Filters are ideal for blending your tracks in a seamless fashion, as is that light touch of reverb every now and then. Delays, echo's, rolls etc are for adding some energy or messing things up in a good way when used right.

Flangers are an absolute no-go, as are phazers. Hardstyle effects that I've never ever once heard anyone use in a way that added anything other than stupidity to a set. Same goes for filter sweeps.

My advice; upgrade your mixer first. Get a Xone or DJM.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rivfader posted:

Filters are ideal for blending your tracks in a seamless fashion, as is that light touch of reverb every now and then. Delays, echo's, rolls etc are for adding some energy or messing things up in a good way when used right.

This is pretty much all I'm after, I don't want to chop the poo poo out of tracks though that might be fun in a purely selfish way, it is literally to make things sound a little nicer

Rivfader posted:

My advice; upgrade your mixer first. Get a Xone or DJM.

I was looking at the Xones with just HP/LP/BP filters on them, mainly because it seems A&H is regarded as having some of the better SQ in the mixer world.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

reverb is highly underrated as a mixing tool

Fading a loop out with increasing reverb sounds so much smoother than just pulling the fader or EQs down

Derkin
Dec 2, 2001
Morgoth Metal Thorleifson
In One Ear And Right Out The Other

New Hard House that grooves up from 141 BPM to 150.

https://www.djderkin.com

1. Shoofly Pie - Ross Homson
2. On The Bounce - James Devlin
3. Royal House - Andy Farley & Base Grafitti
4. Chill Machine - Future Resonance
5. Torpedo - Ben Stevens & Lefty
6. Output 1 & 2 - Dave Owens
7. My Anthem - Dan Bertnick
8. Schwing - David Ding
9. Disco Stomp - Chris Summers
10. Music Is My Life (Pulse Fiction Remix) - Valex vs Trauma
11. Boyz Noize - Paul King vs Pulse Fiction & Dave Owens
12. Eddie M - Jody 6

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

88h88 posted:

This is pretty much all I'm after, I don't want to chop the poo poo out of tracks though that might be fun in a purely selfish way, it is literally to make things sound a little nicer

I was looking at the Xones with just HP/LP/BP filters on them, mainly because it seems A&H is regarded as having some of the better SQ in the mixer world.

SQ is definitely one of the main selling points of all A&H mixers. The difference between a Xone:92 and DJM-800 is clearly audible. It's not that a DJM sounds bad, it's really that a 92 sounds better.

If you were to buy a 92, you're going to fall in love with the filters. They add a lot of creative options and will make DJ-ing even more of joy.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rivfader posted:

SQ is definitely one of the main selling points of all A&H mixers. The difference between a Xone:92 and DJM-800 is clearly audible. It's not that a DJM sounds bad, it's really that a 92 sounds better.

If you were to buy a 92, you're going to fall in love with the filters. They add a lot of creative options and will make DJ-ing even more of joy.

Most likely because the Xone [X]2 series are analog while the DJM series has been digital. I haven't spent enough time with the DJM 800 or 2000 to speak of the differences, but the 600 always sounded muddy as hell in its rendering of the the tracks (whether they came from vinyl or later CDJs). Granted the 600 appeared in 2001.

The 600 was good for its time, but despite its popularity in the clubs, the Xone 62, 464 and the Rane series were always better sounding.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

geeves posted:

Most likely because the Xone [X]2 series are analog while the DJM series has been digital. I haven't spent enough time with the DJM 800 or 2000 to speak of the differences, but the 600 always sounded muddy as hell in its rendering of the the tracks (whether they came from vinyl or later CDJs). Granted the 600 appeared in 2001.

The 600 was good for its time, but despite its popularity in the clubs, the Xone 62, 464 and the Rane series were always better sounding.

Analog does make the difference in this case indeed. I don't know about the 2000 either (although I do know I believe it's simply ridiculous to pay that much money for a mixer), but while the 800 indeed sounds much better than the 600, the A&H still tops it.

I've owned a 600 and didn't really notice just how muddy it sounded until I switched (to an Ecler Evo-4 at first). Thing was built like a tank though, the main reason it made a name for itself and became so popular. The Xones were considered "hard" to use back then and I think the Rane's were really more aimed at those looking to use them primarily for scratching. Somehow DJ's in clubs were/are morons who treat their equipment like poo poo.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rivfader posted:

Analog does make the difference in this case indeed. I don't know about the 2000 either (although I do know I believe it's simply ridiculous to pay that much money for a mixer), but while the 800 indeed sounds much better than the 600, the A&H still tops it.

I've owned a 600 and didn't really notice just how muddy it sounded until I switched (to an Ecler Evo-4 at first). Thing was built like a tank though, the main reason it made a name for itself and became so popular. The Xones were considered "hard" to use back then and I think the Rane's were really more aimed at those looking to use them primarily for scratching. Somehow DJ's in clubs were/are morons who treat their equipment like poo poo.

I think the 62/464's failing was just the interface. The channel meters weren't very informative and you had soundboard-style faders (which are easily replaced).

What the 600 introduced was a nice way for those of us who DJ in our headphones to be able to blend the tracks easily and fade out/in the Master Out. The 62 doesn't have this, BUT it can be achieved with some trickery.

I use the AUX levels / buttons at the top and this allows me to cue the track at a higher volume solely in the headphones. To this day I still do not know what the real purpose of the AUX out was - perhaps 3rd party effects like a Korg pad or something?

A&H of course incorporated the DJM-style blend into the 92. I would love to see a successor to the 92, but with the way technology is trending with Serato, Traktor and other things which are being developed, it is not needed.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

88h88 posted:

Could someone explain this to me? I've had my gear about 10 months now and I bought that 'How to DJ properly' book which has taught me a fair bit but obviously I'm still learning.

Breakdown playing on Deck A cue different chorus on Deck B drop them together and kill the bass on A or crossfade immediately to Deck B

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

geeves posted:

I think the 62/464's failing was just the interface. The channel meters weren't very informative and you had soundboard-style faders (which are easily replaced).

What the 600 introduced was a nice way for those of us who DJ in our headphones to be able to blend the tracks easily and fade out/in the Master Out. The 62 doesn't have this, BUT it can be achieved with some trickery.

I use the AUX levels / buttons at the top and this allows me to cue the track at a higher volume solely in the headphones. To this day I still do not know what the real purpose of the AUX out was - perhaps 3rd party effects like a Korg pad or something?

A&H of course incorporated the DJM-style blend into the 92. I would love to see a successor to the 92, but with the way technology is trending with Serato, Traktor and other things which are being developed, it is not needed.

Yeah, Pioneer's pretty much done for DJ-mixers what Apple did for portable music players; create a simple interface that literally anyone can figure out within minutes. It's the best thing about their mixers still, unfortunately SQ and component wise it's just no value for money.

I personally disliked the fact that the 600 had a fader for the Master though. I wish I could count the number of times I accidentally pulled it down when actually attempting to kill the 4th input fader on one hand...

I think the AUX outs indeed were meant for external FX-units, makes sense as the Xones always lacked any FX aside from the VCF's. I believe the original intent with the 464 was that it would serve in venues as a "cheap" combination option; a mixer that DJ's could use but that could also serve as a mixingdesk for small live-acts/bands.

There is a sort of successor to the 92 actually, the DB4, but I agree with you that it's hardly necessary. My 92 is the best mixer conceivable in a DVS with Traktor setup.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
I'm a Traktor user with a pair of CDJ2000s and a DJM2000 and I have to say, the DJM is very solid sound wise. I had a DJM400 before and everything was a bit muddy, but the 2000 sounds crisp.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Have a new mix that I'd love to get some impressions on from the Goon Collective. Ideally, I'd like to use this/these tracks to demo myself to some clubs in the area so that I can make the move from house parties to getting paid...intimidating to say the least. There's selections of electro, hard house, bootleg bangers, and a dubstep breakdown (with the nastiest Imogen Heap remix you've heard)...thus: The Variety Show

Stream/Download the uncut mix off of Soundcloud.
Or get the .rar file of individual tracks here: via ZippyShare

Track List (hot hots in bold)

quote:

1. Sending My Love (Kaskade MixMash) - R3hab & Swanky Tunes
2. Jump in the Line (Shake, Senora) (John Bourke Bmore Mix) - Harry Belafonte
3. Love Can't Get U Wrong (Original Mix) - Dim Chris
4. Brightness Breaks Glass (Hyperbits Bootleg) - Walden vs. LIGHTS
5. Pum Back (Original Mix) - Tradelove

6. Get It - DJ Icey
7. Werk Me - Hyper Crush
8. Just for Now (Gosteffects & Rule of Eight) - Imogen Heap
9. Total Recall - Flosstradamus
10. Sweet Meat - Fork'n'Knife
11. Alive feat. Kate Elsworth (Hyperbits Remix) - Dirty South & Thomas Gold
12. Always With You (His Majesty Andre ReEdit) - Ridney
13. Ce Jeu (Slaughtered by THE VIDEOBAND) - Yelle
14. Damaged (DJ Kue Remix) - Plummet
15. Dance the Night Away (Original Mix) - Dave Edwards
(EDIT: My goal is to have an awesome start, so even if you just listen to the first 20 minutes that's good too.)

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 7, 2012

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
Here's a mix I made last night, I've been doing it quite a lot recently and would like to say I've gotten a little better.

http://soundcloud.com/bonhommerichard/2-6

Hope someone enjoys it.

Tracks posted:

1. Tenasnake - Coma Cat
2. Grouplove - Tongue Tied (Gilgamesh Remix)
3. Yacht - I Walked Alone (Get a Room! Remix)
4. Justice - DVNO
5. Daft Punk - Derezzed
6. Toro y Moi - I Can Get Love
7. Dj Mehdi - Signatune (Thomas Bangalter Edit)
8. Fare Soldi - Disco Durello (Stereocool 'Round'N'Round' Remix)
9. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll (A-trak Remix)
10. Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the 80's
11. Calvin Harris - Vegas

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Promo video for the techno festival we organized last fall. I make a brief (3 second) appearance. Looking forward to doing it again this year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKSMTCgRXTM&hd=1

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I forget who posted the "Slow Your Roll" 5 hour mix, but thanks to whoever you are. Really is the bee's knees.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I forget who posted the "Slow Your Roll" 5 hour mix, but thanks to whoever you are. Really is the bee's knees.

That was me. Glad you are enjoying it :)

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

TracerBullet posted:

Have a new mix that I'd love to get some impressions on from the Goon Collective. Ideally, I'd like to use this/these tracks to demo myself to some clubs in the area so that I can make the move from house parties to getting paid...intimidating to say the least. There's selections of electro, hard house, bootleg bangers, and a dubstep breakdown (with the nastiest Imogen Heap remix you've heard)...thus: The Variety Show

Stream/Download the uncut mix off of Soundcloud.
Or get the .rar file of individual tracks here: via ZippyShare

Track List (hot hots in bold)
quote:

1. Sending My Love (Kaskade MixMash) - R3hab & Swanky Tunes
2. Jump in the Line (Shake, Senora) (John Bourke Bmore Mix) - Harry Belafonte
3. Love Can't Get U Wrong (Original Mix) - Dim Chris
4. Brightness Breaks Glass (Hyperbits Bootleg) - Walden vs. LIGHTS
5. Pum Back (Original Mix) - Tradelove
6. Get It - DJ Icey
7. Werk Me - Hyper Crush
8. Just for Now (Gosteffects & Rule of Eight) - Imogen Heap
9. Total Recall - Flosstradamus
10. Sweet Meat - Fork'n'Knife
11. Alive feat. Kate Elsworth (Hyperbits Remix) - Dirty South & Thomas Gold
12. Always With You (His Majesty Andre ReEdit) - Ridney
13. Ce Jeu (Slaughtered by THE VIDEOBAND) - Yelle
14. Damaged (DJ Kue Remix) - Plummet
15. Dance the Night Away (Original Mix) - Dave Edwards

(EDIT: My goal is to have an awesome start, so even if you just listen to the first 20 minutes that's good too.)

THIS. loving. MIX. RIGHT. HERE.

I LOVE the track selection and you've got some slick mixing in here to boot. If you're hoping for some promoters to just listen to the first 20 minutes, you're selling yourself short. This is a QUALITY mix and it had me head banging from start to finish.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Jesse James posted:

THIS. loving. MIX. RIGHT. HERE.

I LOVE the track selection and you've got some slick mixing in here to boot. If you're hoping for some promoters to just listen to the first 20 minutes, you're selling yourself short. This is a QUALITY mix and it had me head banging from start to finish.
Thanks buddy, I really appreciate the vote of confidence.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
New House mix, mostly very high-energy Electro but some Tech and Progressive.

Tracklist:
Meat Katie, D. Ramirez & Odissi - Stop The Revolution (Bassbin Twins remix)
Kill Light - Dumbo
The Chemical Brothers - Horse Power (Popof remix)
Feed Me - Talk To Me
Deadmau5 - I Remember (Vocal mix)
Kirsty Hawkshaw & Liquid Kaos - Back In Time (John Dahlback remix)
Feed Me - Grand Theft Ecstasy
Zedd - Shave It
Skrillex & Wolfgang Gartner - The Devil's Den
Zedd - Slam The Door
Moguai - Mpire
Ian Carey, Brasco, Timbaland & Rosette - Amnesia (CAZZETTE Another Sugar Hunt remix)
Knife Party - Tourniquet
Kill The Noise - Deal With It

Am I getting better at this, or just staying consistently awful?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Mister Speaker posted:

New House mix, mostly very high-energy Electro but some Tech and Progressive.

Tracklist:
Meat Katie, D. Ramirez & Odissi - Stop The Revolution (Bassbin Twins remix)
Kill Light - Dumbo
The Chemical Brothers - Horse Power (Popof remix)
Feed Me - Talk To Me
Deadmau5 - I Remember (Vocal mix)
Kirsty Hawkshaw & Liquid Kaos - Back In Time (John Dahlback remix)
Feed Me - Grand Theft Ecstasy
Zedd - Shave It
Skrillex & Wolfgang Gartner - The Devil's Den
Zedd - Slam The Door
Moguai - Mpire
Ian Carey, Brasco, Timbaland & Rosette - Amnesia (CAZZETTE Another Sugar Hunt remix)
Knife Party - Tourniquet
Kill The Noise - Deal With It

Am I getting better at this, or just staying consistently awful?
I like this mix a lot but wish it was longer...I think we've got very similar taste in music. There's times where some of the transitions are a little too 'busy', especially if you're trying to blend two vocal tracks together. If the two songs are in the same key it's much easier to do, even more so if you drop out the bass. I use a great program called Mixed in Key that automatically pulls out a track's key so that you can transition between similar (or dissimilar) keys. It's like 40 bones last I checked and well worth it.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

Richie Hawtin's "Decks, EFX and 909" is now my favorite DJ mix. I cannot stop listening to it.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Socket Ryanist posted:

Richie Hawtin's "Decks, EFX and 909" is now my favorite DJ mix. I cannot stop listening to it.

I was fortunate enough to see Richie at a rave right after that album had come out. He was doing the whole act with the foot pedal, the 909, everything

loving awesome

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Here's a mix I threw together for some people chillin out.

http://soundcloud.com/riddim-ryan/jan-31-2012

Don't Wanna Cry - LD
Out of the Blue - Stinkahbell
Ruffhouse - Rod Azlan
Something in Your Eyes - Stinkahbell
Deviance - Excision and Datsik
Mexter Dorgan - L Wiz
Lazy Days - Droid Sector
Bag O Wire - Boson
Reasons (Remix) - 12th Planet and Juakali - Doctor P
Phatty Drummer - Skream
Living Fire - Tes La Rok
Ganja (Remix) - Orbatek - DZ
Rapapampam - Doctor P
Contact - Tunnidge
Under the Dancing Feet - Clouds
Favorite Cup (Remix) - Don Carlos - Juju and DG
Conquerer - J:Kenzo
Get Outta My Head (Remix) - Redlight - Joker
Turn Me On - Subscape
Turn Off the Lights - Joker
Dark Skies - Tunnidge
Sandsnake - Cluekid and Skream
Louder - Caspa
Africa - The Others
Girl From Codeine City - L-Wiz

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

New ish from me. Last night's opening set, deep house and tech with some moody poo poo thrown in for good measure

http://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-at-the-bpl-2012-02-10

Tracklisting

01. DJ T - Leaving' Me feat. Khan (David August Remix) [Get Physical Music]
02. Bocca Grande - Even If (Morning Factory Remix) [Rebirth]
03. Brandub - Writhing Dub [Airdrop]
04. Rills - Panoramix [8bit]
05. Amine Edige - I Love You [Katchuli]
06. Hollis P Monroe - I'm Lonely (Laura Jones Remix) [Noir Music]
07. Human Woman - Delusional (Gus Gus Remix) [hfn]
08. Catz 'n Dogz - I'm Free feat. Paul Randolph (Carl Craig Remix) [mothership]
09. Piemont - Clinking Glass (Jules De Pearl Remix) [MBF ltd]
10. Marco Dassi - Long Sky Road [Hell Yeah]
11. Arjun Vagale - Indian Shot [Trapez Ltd]
12. La Fleur - Cendres [Lo:Rise]
13. Dhaze - Locked Out [Low Pressings]
14. Steve Mill & Luke Fair - Beaches (Peter Horrevorts Remix) [Add2Basket]
15. Cozzy D - Cupid [Lower East]

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR
http://soundcloud.com/kissinger/neptune-all-night

Laid-back disco and house. cool music for mostly good-looking people.

SOMEONE LISTEN

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

bencreateddisco posted:

cool music for mostly good-looking people.

SOMEONE LISTEN

Well, I'm out I guess.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

Well, I'm out I guess.

MOSTLY*

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

vanilla slimfast posted:

New ish from me. Last night's opening set, deep house and tech with some moody poo poo thrown in for good measure

http://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-at-the-bpl-2012-02-10

Tracklisting

01. DJ T - Leaving' Me feat. Khan (David August Remix) [Get Physical Music]
02. Bocca Grande - Even If (Morning Factory Remix) [Rebirth]
03. Brandub - Writhing Dub [Airdrop]
04. Rills - Panoramix [8bit]
05. Amine Edige - I Love You [Katchuli]
06. Hollis P Monroe - I'm Lonely (Laura Jones Remix) [Noir Music]
07. Human Woman - Delusional (Gus Gus Remix) [hfn]
08. Catz 'n Dogz - I'm Free feat. Paul Randolph (Carl Craig Remix) [mothership]
09. Piemont - Clinking Glass (Jules De Pearl Remix) [MBF ltd]
10. Marco Dassi - Long Sky Road [Hell Yeah]
11. Arjun Vagale - Indian Shot [Trapez Ltd]
12. La Fleur - Cendres [Lo:Rise]
13. Dhaze - Locked Out [Low Pressings]
14. Steve Mill & Luke Fair - Beaches (Peter Horrevorts Remix) [Add2Basket]
15. Cozzy D - Cupid [Lower East]

This is a good mix, as usual with your stuff.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

This is a good mix, as usual with your stuff.

thanks buddy :respek:

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
Had a free evening so did another live Electro mix. Feedback positive or negative is always welcome. Hope you enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/user2148473/electro-mix-3-happy-valentines

1. Elite Gymnastics - O M A M O R I
2. Pictureplane - Trance Gender
3. Midnight Juggernaut - Nine Lives
4. Teengirl Fantasy - Cheaters
5. Tesla Boy - Thinking of You
6. Grum - Can't Shake This Feeling
7. Fenech-Soler - Golden Sun
8. Chromeo - Hot Mess
9. Lifelike - So Electric
10. Teams - Based Love

Ben and Stew
Mar 31, 2006

Woah!

Konstruct posted:

Had a free evening so did another live Electro mix. Feedback positive or negative is always welcome. Hope you enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/user2148473/electro-mix-3-happy-valentines

1. Elite Gymnastics - O M A M O R I
2. Pictureplane - Trance Gender
3. Midnight Juggernaut - Nine Lives
4. Teengirl Fantasy - Cheaters
5. Tesla Boy - Thinking of You
6. Grum - Can't Shake This Feeling
7. Fenech-Soler - Golden Sun
8. Chromeo - Hot Mess
9. Lifelike - So Electric
10. Teams - Based Love

That teams track is boss. Do you know Sean?

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

Ben and Stew posted:

That teams track is boss. Do you know Sean?

Sorry I don't, but I really dig his poo poo.

Behind Maslow
Apr 11, 2008

So, this is my first time making a mix. It's far from perfect, so I was hoping for some feedback. It's 1hr 6 min and consists of various genres.

http://soundcloud.com/wombatinahat/test-mix

1. I.A. Bericochea - R4
2. Yuksek - Always on the Run (Villa Remix)
3. Faze Action - I Wanna Dancer (Reflex Dub Mix)
4. Gui Boratto - Mr. Decay (Robert Babicz Universum Disco Mix)
5. Sexy Sushi - A Bien Regarder; Rachida
6. Wagon Christ - Manalyze This!
7. Lady Tron - Evil
8. Nastynasty - Haterade
9. Cassius - The No No's
10. Junkie XL - No Way
11. Instra:Mental - Sun Rec
12. Kuedo - Starfox
13. Kode9 Vs. LD - 2bad
14. Ido Shoam - Captain 303 (Ton!C Mix)
15. Kingdom - Bust Broke
16. Kid Gloves - Brand New Dance
17. Rudi Zygadlo - A Room to Sing
18. Austra - Shoot the Water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

DUB DUB DUB DUB DUB

I did another deep/dub chill mix, first half is dub techno and second half is dub house with a bit of techy stuff. 47 minutes.

http://soundcloud.com/scott-jackson/scott-jackson-deep-03

Paul EG - Unexplicable Life (Quantec dub)
Artette - Day Three (Nikosf. dub)
Insect O. - Four (Striesen dub)
Dub Taylor - Urban Silence I
Spetterphat - Ambiance (Stefan Vincent remix)
Matin - Turning
Echonomist + Cosmic Cowboys - Need to Know (dub)
Topspin + Dmit Kitz - Flow (Cosmic Cowboys remix)
Fabel - Kurumi (Gabriel Le Mar + Pablo Bolivar remix)
Evren Ulusoy - On the Floor (Damir Pushkar remix)

• Locked thread