Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Here's a terrible poster:

This poster is at least 13 years out of date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I quite like most posters for Lars von Trier films, they're often as delightfully twisted as the films themselves.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AndyP posted:

I've had good experiences using Block Posters.

http://www.blockposters.com/

This looks great, thanks!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I quite like most posters for Lars von Trier films, they're often as delightfully twisted as the films themselves.

:gonk: Oh gently caress! The one for the Antichrist made me shudder!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, I like this one, it's reminiscent of Ophelia's death in Hamlet.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Darthemed posted:

This was a fairly bad movie, but the poster does a nice job of hiding that fact.

And here's the cover it got for VHS release.

It's a Pyun!
It would be nice if they ever put it on DVD.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Man I like that poster for Antichrist but holy poo poo do I not like that poster. Fits the movie well in that sense

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

There is so much innuendo and imagery and allusion in this poster. It's ridiculous.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

scary ghost dog posted:

There is so much innuendo and imagery and allusion in this poster. It's ridiculous.

The vagina made of blood is subtly horrifying on so many levels, and such a great thing to sneak past the censors.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

penismightier posted:

The vagina made of blood is subtly horrifying on so many levels, and such a great thing to sneak past the censors.

Not a vagina made of blood, but it's illusory to a scene were :nms: a clitoris is snipped with scissors:nms:.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Desperado Bones posted:

Not a vagina made of blood, but it's illusory to a scene were :nms: a clitoris is snipped with scissors:nms:.

Look at the shape.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

The first thing that came to my mind was that scene, because I watched the movie and was severely traumatized by it. If I hadn't I'm sure I would had agreed with you all.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Desperado Bones posted:

The first thing that came to my mind was that scene, because I watched the movie and was severely traumatized by it. If I hadn't I'm sure I would had agreed with you all.

It does recall that scene, but in a more abstract way.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Since everybody already said how juch they lovehated the antichrist poster:

I absolutely love this one. I really need to rewatch the movie, has been way too long.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Note that closing the scissors is impossible without their faces meeting; likewise, it's impossible for their faces to meet without closing the scissors. That's one of the themes of the movie!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

oldpainless posted:

Am I the only one who thought that was Gerard Butler at first in the Bourne poster?
Nope.

Butler better get his act together, because his job is being taken by Renner now...

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Desperado Bones posted:

It is a vagina and that blot at the top is referring to the chopped clit. I figured that was implied, my bad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nope.

Butler better get his act together, because his job is being taken by Renner now...

Renner isn't as good looking as Butler, so he's still okay.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Went looking for more posters for VHS-era bad movies, and had a tough time finding any of appreciable size (although I did end up buying a copy of Remote Control's poster, which I guess I'll have to upload once it arrives); all I have tonight is this descent into blandness.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 13, 2012

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Darthemed posted:

This was a fairly bad movie, but the poster does a nice job of hiding that fact.

And here's the cover it got for VHS release.

It's a Pyun!
Is there a universe where this movie is as awesome as the poster and can I go there?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Reminds me of the poster for Miracle Mile, one of the most bone chilling, depressing films made about WWIII you will ever see:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Maybe that could be the next thing in the movie business after "reboot the franchise every other movie": remakes of old films, but as awesome as their posters suggest.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Pascallion posted:

Is there a universe where this movie is as awesome as the poster and can I go there?

Yes. It's called this universe, but good loving luck finding a copy.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Thread is incredible, well done to all contributors.

Haven't seen one of my favorite posters yet (can't find a good-sized image though):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51o3Nnfm0UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Haven't seen one of my favorite posters yet (can't find a good-sized image though):
And it seems like you're leeching that one. Please don't do that.
Here you go:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

It's a shame I never got the chance to see that poster for Fargo in real life. I think we got the regular one, not that is a very bad one.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

scary ghost dog posted:

I've never seen that movie, but I was instantly aware of what was being represented.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It only just now occurs to me just how loving cheaply made Hulk Hogan's suit was in Suburban Commando. I thought it was an awesome suit when I was 11.

:cry: My childhood :cry:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oldpainless posted:

It only just now occurs to me just how loving cheaply made Hulk Hogan's suit was in Suburban Commando. I thought it was an awesome suit when I was 11.

:cry: My childhood :cry:

"I WAS FROZEN TODAY"

It's ok, movie still owns. So was Thunder in Paradise.

(and 3 ninjas 3)

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Man, Parkour with guns? To kill?! Just when I thought it couldn't get more exciting.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Ong Bak was really well choreographed so it should be fun to watch at least.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Man, Parkour with guns? To kill?! Just when I thought it couldn't get more exciting.

I want someone to make a parkour movie and market it as a serious action film, and then when you actually watch it all the action scenes are like this.

Especially if they actually shout "Parkour!" the whole time.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I like this one. Not great, but still good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I want Bitch Hunter the movie.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I think it'd be much better without the "Funniest movie you'll ever read" bit. Something appropriately cheesy would have been more suitable, I think.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

bobkatt013 posted:

I want Bitch Hunter the movie.

For now you'll have to make do with Bitch Killer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Capacitor posted:

I think it'd be much better without the "Funniest movie you'll ever read" bit. Something appropriately cheesy would have been more suitable, I think.

I like it. Nice jab to the non-Spanish speaking general audience who'll need subtitles.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

:swoon: Gael García and Diego Luna? :swoon: Oh my God, when it's coming out? I love those two guys so much!
And yeah, poster is nice,considering the style is trying to imitate :)

Edit: Duh, just saw the date down there.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Desperado Bones posted:

:swoon: Gael García and Diego Luna? :swoon: Oh my God, when it's coming out? I love those two guys so much!
And yeah, poster is nice,considering the style is trying to imitate :)

Edit: Duh, just saw the date down there.

I'm a big Gael Garcia fan. (even though he was in the worst movie I've ever seen, Blindness, but that was no fault of his)

I think we've all seen this poster already but it bears repeating for the new thread:

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

It is nice that both keep working together,I love the fact that they know each other since they were child actors.

Blind Owl...the photoshopped faces in the poster you posted are hilarious.