Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Another poster that promises something much better than the movie delivers:

Although this version credits Rob Schneider, so that's a bit of a warning, at least.
Then ended up amazed at how many

versions

of Surf Nazis Must Die

there were.

that last one doesn't really count, since it's a remake/homage you can pick up for $25 at skuzzles along with some other Troma property-inspired prints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Darthemed posted:

Yeah, there's simply no way that any movie could've lived up to what's being depicted here.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yeah, there's simply no way that any movie could've lived up to what's being depicted here.

It's Army of Darkness if Ash is a surfer instead.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Darthemed posted:

Another poster that promises something much better than the movie delivers:

Although this version credits Rob Schneider, so that's a bit of a warning, at least.

You know you're in for a good movie when one of the leads' names is spelled incorrectly.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Suburban Commando is an amazing film and I'll hear no ill words spoken of it.

Rocket Ace
Aug 11, 2006

R.I.P. Dave Stevens

Darthemed posted:

AWESOME POSTERS FOR SURF NAZIS MUST DIE

Christ I was disappointed by that movie. It certainly doesn't deserve any of these amazing posters.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Kinda hoping I can buy that as a poster for a gift because it is simply incredible.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Darthemed posted:

This screams "Motherfucking 80's-early 90's" and I want it. For myself. Mine. My precious...

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Suburban Commando is an amazing film and I'll hear no ill words spoken of it.

You're a dead man Ramsey!

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

For now you'll have to make do with Bitch Killer.

God, that film makes me horny!

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I quite like most posters for Lars von Trier films, they're often as delightfully twisted as the films themselves.

Is it just me, or is that the Burger King font?

The little laurels on the bottom even look like the Burger King logo in the thumbnail!

Also, if I can be total :goonsay: about this, it bugs me that they didn't do:

code:
    D
   A N
  C E R
 I N T H
E D A R K

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Brettbot posted:

The little laurels on the bottom even look like the Burger King logo in the thumbnail!

Nah,it's just you. Serious answer is that both are similar Serif fonts.

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

Nah,it's just you. Serious answer is that both are similar Serif fonts.

Yeah, when I googled for the font, I realized it wasn't 100% identical, but I think they use a thinner version on the signs inside the restaurants, which is probably why the poster reminded me of it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

It happens, sometimes the differences between two fonts are minimal and you can't notice them unless you take a good look.

Edit:
The trailer for this looks amazing, there's a huge 60's and 70's vibe:

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 14, 2012

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Desperado Bones posted:

It happens, sometimes the differences between two fonts are minimal and you can't notice them unless you take a good look.

This is why I can't watch I can't watch Jeopardy! without thinking of Capcom.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I adore this poster:

Regardless of your thoughts about the movie itself, the poster's got a neat art deco vibe. I had it hanging on my wall as a kid (that I ruined with a bunch of pushpins) and have another mint one waiting for a frame.

I've also got this one:

But it's pretty bad (is he flying away from the explosion?). It's only good for reminding how smoking hot Jennifer Connelly was in that movie and how hilarious Timothy Dalton was.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

Farbtoner posted:

For me it will always be this.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Brettbot posted:

Also, if I can be total :goonsay: about this, it bugs me that they didn't do:

code:
    D
   A N
  C E R
 I N T H
E D A R K
It's neither the same font (come on, one look at the 'a' or 'r' should give away that it's not even just a thinner version) nor is that supposed to be some sort of perfect typographic pyramid, it's an eye chart. All the logo and the laurels have in common is that they're round.
Your post is all kinds of :psyduck: to me...

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

Prof. Spaceman posted:

You know you're in for a good movie when one of the leads' names is spelled incorrectly.

Surf Ninjas is legitimately the funniest Rob Schneider movie. Money can't buy knives.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Desperado Bones posted:

The trailer for this looks amazing, there's a huge 60's and 70's vibe:

It's meant to be awful. I've heard nothing but bad words about it.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Isn't "black rainbow" an oxymoron?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

It's meant to be awful. I've heard nothing but bad words about it.

I've read that the main complain is that the movie is very slow. That's the same complain for Melancholia. So, I dunno, I just want to look at the pretty pictures.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Captain Capacitor posted:

I think it'd be much better without the "Funniest movie you'll ever read" bit. Something appropriately cheesy would have been more suitable, I think.

I think that tagline is amazing, especially since most americans loath foreign movies because they have to read.

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

westborn posted:

It's neither the same font (come on, one look at the 'a' or 'r' should give away that it's not even just a thinner version) nor is that supposed to be some sort of perfect typographic pyramid, it's an eye chart. All the logo and the laurels have in common is that they're round.
Your post is all kinds of :psyduck: to me...

Well excuse me for having a sense of humor on a comedy website! :cop: I was just kidding. It's what it made me think of, sorry! And I know it's an eye chart, they usually have more letters per line as they go.

It looked weird to me. V:shobon:V I know it's a nitpick, that's why I said it was "Goonsay".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Blind Owl...the photoshopped faces in the poster you posted are hilarious.
Hey now, be fair, Meg Ryan's looked like she was Photoshopped for years now.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Darthemed posted:

Went looking for more posters for VHS-era bad movies, and had a tough time finding any of appreciable size (although I did end up buying a copy of Remote Control's poster, which I guess I'll have to upload once it arrives); all I have tonight is this descent into blandness.

Looks like you can see a rod attached to a handle that Hogan is holding to lift that kid on the skate board up.

Iggy Johnson
Mar 11, 2007

It doesn't work if you beg.

Die Laughing posted:

Looks like you can see a rod attached to a handle that Hogan is holding to lift that kid on the skate board up.

That's his finger.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The previous two posts (and their respective avatars) is the funniest thing I've read today.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Farbtoner posted:

Oh, you rear end in a top hat.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I adore this poster:

Regardless of your thoughts about the movie itself, the poster's got a neat art deco vibe. I had it hanging on my wall as a kid (that I ruined with a bunch of pushpins) and have another mint one waiting for a frame.
This poster is still hanging in the movie theater closest to me. I remember it being there ever since I was a child (considering I was born in '92 that makes sense), and it seriously brings back amazing memories of going to the movies with my mom.

I should probably buy that poster.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

GonSmithe posted:

(considering I was born in '92 that makes sense)
I'm so old! :cripes:

Also never heard of that movie, though I recognise the poster from threads like this. Maybe it didn't get a wide European release.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

My God...I was 10 when that movie came out. I even played the game in my cousin's Nintendo! :corsair: Holy gently caress dude, I feel like a senile old lady next to you.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

jojoinnit posted:

I'm so old! :cripes:

Also never heard of that movie, though I recognise the poster from threads like this. Maybe it didn't get a wide European release.

Go watch the Rocketeer, right now.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Well I'm at work but maybe this weekend. No chance its on Netflix, Hulu or Crackle?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Go and rent the VHS dammit!

To contribute, I always loved this

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

TheJoker138 posted:

It helps if you think of it as a side-story/prequel to the Captain America (which is, oddly enough, what I told my friends when the actual Cap movie came out.)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

Go and rent the VHS dammit!
Okay Grandma, but I'll need to come down to your place to watch it. Last time I tried shoving a VHS tape in my Xbox I got bits of plastic embedded in my hand and it was very painful and the movie wasn't all that good anyway.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

I love this poster for Ghost Rider 2 because it looks like they photographed a confused and slightly disgusted Nicholas Cage right after watching Wicker Man for the first time.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

jojoinnit posted:

Okay Grandma, but I'll need to come down to your place to watch it. Last time I tried shoving a VHS tape in my Xbox I got bits of plastic embedded in my hand and it was very painful and the movie wasn't all that good anyway.

You are lucky I don't have a Beta anymore.

Where is that Ghost Rider poster from? Is that Hebrew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

GonSmithe posted:

I was born in '92

Jesus christ, how are you even allowed to operate a computer