Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
The Liza bits were surprisingly un-annoying and very entertaining. I remember the last time I heard Amy Phillips on CBB she was doing Jennifer Tilly and I had to stop listening. I was pretty impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I've fallen in love with this show. The Jack Sjunior and Bryan Pieces bit might have been the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Holy gently caress this week's episode is bananas. It seems like the show is at its most insane when the recording time is unusual, the guests are three people that all know each other, and one of them is Harris Wittels.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I thought it was below average :( Harris and no foam corner? WHAT THE gently caress

He mentioned that the tv show is taking up all his time and can only do CBB on Saturday, and boy does it show lately.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah I was also bummed Foam Corner/Carl Sjunior didn't make an appearance. :(

It felt a little sporadic, but overall I enjoyed this ep. It's not a classic, but honestly I find it hard not to like any CBB with Paul and/or Harris in it.

Scott did say the episodes/guests were last minute, and he was able to get Harris. Assuming Scott can get these guests at such short notice, maybe that means we'll get more of Harris..?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

The Rocky vs. Rambo script they wrote is worth a read too if you've got some time to kill, you guys.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
This episode was pretty awful. The guys were rambling about whatever popped into their heads, made a lot of terrible jokes, the impressions were awful, and the live music was even worse.

Yet I was still laughing the entire time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
We met under a bridge.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
No seriously.
Seriously? We met under a bridge.
It was like 4 Harris Wittles, each corner of the room filled with foam. Best episode in a while.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Eltoasto posted:

I thought it was below average :( Harris and no foam corner? WHAT THE gently caress

He mentioned that the tv show is taking up all his time and can only do CBB on Saturday, and boy does it show lately.

Yeah. its been really rough the last 3 or so.

The live songs this latest episode were really uninteresting. Isn't "Perm for Our Camping Trip" their only well known song?

The improvised character part felt really jammed together.
Scott needs to decide whats more important to him: TV or Podcasting... :colbert:

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

Rocky vs. Rambo is hilarious.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

No seriously.
Seriously? We met under a bridge.
It was like 4 Harris Wittles, each corner of the room filled with foam. Best episode in a while.

Ignore this troll everybody. The truth is, we met under a bridge.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
I know, it's weird, like a fairy tale, right? We met under a bridge.

(the goofiest episode yet - it's like one adult amongst a gaggle of tweens)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Well, usually you're just walking around with solid chocolate on your face.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Ok ok guys I know we are being silly and having fun and stuff, but we met under a bridge.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Kodo posted:

(the goofiest episode yet - it's like one adult amongst a gaggle of tweens)

This is true and I liked it all the more for it. It felt like Scott had a busy week and spent the weekend unloading in the dumbest, goofiest way as people do. It was friends being idiots and it was pretty refreshing. I may not have laughed as hard as I usually do, but I was grinning pretty consistently throughout.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I really don't get this show. I thought this was a show like Ali G or something where the host would have real guests and sort of do a "mock" interview type deal. When I heard that Spielberg was on I was really excited! I was really shocked to hear he was appearing on a podcast and was going to be telling stories about his time during the making of Raiders.

What I heard instead was someone doing what seemed to be an "impression" of Spielberg while talking complete nonsense and wasting my time. Plus, the recipe he shared didn't even turn out well at all:

Overall I give this podcast an F... plus.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

If you skimp on the cubes of KC Masterpiece, what do you expect?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

It looks like to me that maybe it wasn't quite hot enough out for the Masterpiece to melt down enough and "boil" the pasta quite like it should. It really does need to be 100+ degrees out for that recipe to work.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Against all odds, I think Don't Stop Or We'll Die is legitimately good. They can't quite hit the high notes a lot but I honestly like their songs, they're catchy and refreshingly keys-driven. Is it just me?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

dancehall posted:

Against all odds, I think Don't Stop Or We'll Die is legitimately good. They can't quite hit the high notes a lot but I honestly like their songs, they're catchy and refreshingly keys-driven. Is it just me?

I like 'em too, but didn't like the stuff they played in the last episode as much. Maybe it was just the atmosphere in the room threw them off. I like the original version of the song they played slowed down, but felt like playing it slow ruined it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Trujillo posted:

I like 'em too, but didn't like the stuff they played in the last episode as much. Maybe it was just the atmosphere in the room threw them off. I like the original version of the song they played slowed down, but felt like playing it slow ruined it.
I think them being in a silly mood made it so they didn't care that much about how they were playing.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I think them being in a silly mood made it so they didn't care that much about how they were playing.

Yeah, that's how I meant. Probably should have elaborated, didn't mean it in a negative way.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

They've done the Austin Powers song they ended with on the show before, right? I got crazy deja vu at that.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

They've done the Austin Powers song they ended with on the show before, right? I got crazy deja vu at that.

Yeah they did it in the episode with Andy Richter and Matt Besser. Scott sang some beautiful song in the middle of it, too.

I just happened to listen to that episode today, I'm not some like weird savant with photographic/phonographic memory of every CBB episode.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

dog poop n doritos posted:

Yeah they did it in the episode with Andy Richter and Matt Besser. Scott sang some beautiful song in the middle of it, too.

I just happened to listen to that episode today, I'm not some like weird savant with photographic/phonographic memory of every CBB episode.

"Castle on a Cloud" from Le Mis

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Tall Napoleon was surprisingly funny. Those 3 guests were perfect together.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

dancehall posted:

I love their songs, especially "Where Can A Nerd Find An Egg Thats Square". It's so silly.

Does anyone know the what the "joke" of Central Park is? Is it just the fact that it's 1984?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I really like the silly nature of this episode. I just finished the Spielberg bit, and it had me rolling by the end.

And I think I'm sold on Don't Stop or We'll Die now.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I think "Once In a While" by Don't Stop or We'll Die is genuinely a really good song.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just wish they did getaway grandmothers club.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The_Rob posted:

I just wish they did getaway grandmothers club.

They only need to do it once, then it's stuck in your head for the rest of your goddamn life.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

SpacePig posted:

And I think I'm sold on Don't Stop or We'll Die now.

On what of the earlier episodes (I think Harris Wittel's second appearance?) Doug Benson started singing Weezer during a Don't Stop or We'll Die song and now I am unable to disassociate the two from each other. Doug Benson ruined DSWD for me.

dumb edit: Jesus christ, 'on what of the earlier episodes?' Can't spell or think. on ONE of the earlier episodes.

Kodo fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 17, 2012

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I think I am one of Don't Stop or We'll Die's biggest fans....They are the perfect mix of Ben Folds/Weezer/silliness for me. I listen to their albums above pretty much all else in my iTunes.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

This is a really boring episode. David Wain is already boring, don't bring on your boring father and kid. And Gary Busey is just too easy a character. Adomian is basically doing Jesse Ventura without the anger.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Jesus, I'm glad I downloaded the entire archive before the LegalZoom stuff was introduced, I know Earwolf has to do something to avoid being a complete money sink but it's irritating.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked this ep. It was relaxed and sweet. Maybe I got wistful cause I never knew my father :sigh:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 20, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

FitFortDanga posted:

This is a really boring episode. David Wain is already boring, don't bring on your boring father and kid. And Gary Busey is just too easy a character. Adomian is basically doing Jesse Ventura without the anger.

Oh nooo. This doesn't sound good. :(

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Okay I just listened to this for the first time the other day. I started with the episode with Tig and Ronna and Bev, and I was having some serious difficulty keeping my composure in a crowded diner at eleven at night. "How often do you smoke weed?" "Just those two times" pretty much killed me, but there was a lot of good stuff. I really liked those characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

David Wain is NOT boring. (but he was in this episode and his family there didn't really serve any point)

That being said, eh, I have room in my heart for a sentimental thing like that every now and then. It's not gonna win much praise, but whatever, it was cute. The ongoing acronym creating bit was kinda funny.