Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Since you guys are having "Hot lap chat" im the guy that randomly makes 10-15 minute "post the best lap time" modes with weird car combos, like "1990's asian cars" or "1960's C class". Is anyone here who attends those? I usually invite all of AUGR. (did some elimination with AI cars this week too)

Figure its a nice breakup from circuit, AUGR isnt much better than public rooms in the "crashed out on first corner" department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think I might be the first person to go to Walgreens in the middle of an online race to buy new batteries.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Cojawfee posted:

I think I might be the first person to go to Walgreens in the middle of an online race to buy new batteries.

That was the best. I had some issues too. Turns out the magnetic screw for my throttle was loose and was getting looser through the race, resulting in a reduced throttle. When it was no longer responding I pulled over to the side, troubleshooted, then unplugged and got my batteries into my controller and fired my car back up.

I really hope Forza 5 has some sort of increased pit stop detail of fixing stuff.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Cojawfee posted:

I was wondering what was going on - my connection's still spotty, much to my ISP's satisfaction, and I only got about a third of all conversation.

I hope someone else will take a bunch of pics from tonight's GTCC, as I don't have the photographic eye of someone like Jarf.

(click for big)

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
My game locked up about 1/3rd into El Caminos on the Nordschliefe. Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Had to dashboard.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

As expected, I came onto the back straight in a position to overtake a pubbie and he slammed my rear end into the barrier. Overall though, once I figured out how to handle the El Camino it was a pretty fun race.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Yeah we should have made it a private lobby. Next time.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Ringo Star Get posted:

That was the best. I had some issues too. Turns out the magnetic screw for my throttle was loose and was getting looser through the race, resulting in a reduced throttle. When it was no longer responding I pulled over to the side, troubleshooted, then unplugged and got my batteries into my controller and fired my car back up.

I really hope Forza 5 has some sort of increased pit stop detail of fixing stuff.
This is precisely what happened to me with my clubsports. Luckily they're fixed now.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Ringo Star Get posted:

Forza 5. Pitstops that will fix your Fanatec pedals. Game of the century.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Falken posted:

Okay!

1:41.133

That's everyone on my friendslist+SAEG beaten. :v:

Going back a page or two;

1:42:296

It took me 15 laps to even get that, so I absolutely give up - I can't see where I can pick up a tenth of a second, let alone over one entire second.

t3hsid - It looks like it uploaded the ghost this time if you want to give it a crack.

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB
Four painstaking hours on the new 1/4 rivals drag race i've finally got my mk1 golf (not a rabbit) down to 12.411 seconds. I just can't squeeze anymore out of it but managed to get about a million credits out of shaving my time down. How the hell the top guy got 9.5ish seconds I don't know??

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Mootallica posted:

Going back a page or two;

1:42:296

It took me 15 laps to even get that, so I absolutely give up - I can't see where I can pick up a tenth of a second, let alone over one entire second.

t3hsid - It looks like it uploaded the ghost this time if you want to give it a crack.
Will it make you feel any worse if I tell you that L Harrison saw my time, went "No, no no... we can't have that" and punched out a 1:40.5?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Falken posted:

Will it make you feel any worse if I tell you that L Harrison saw my time, went "No, no no... we can't have that" and punched out a 1:40.5?

Three things are certain in life; death, taxes, and being beaten by Harrison.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Sticker dude strikes again

drat this is pretty sweet.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

YF19pilot posted:

Okay, so I've done the math, and figured out four things:

a) I need 82 more cars to get the badge for 300 cars in garage.

b) With my current credits, this means I can buy one car that costs $33,000, 82 times to meet this goal.

c) Goons like painted cars, I like painting cars.

d) So let's paint one car 82 times and give them away to goons because you're all such nice people.

So, I'm going to work on a design, and present it here. The trick is, I want you guys to pick the car. Only rules, it must be under $33,000 (though it could go to $35,000 easily, what with Rivals and all), and it can't be DLC.

Before you think I'm being lazy, I've already got inspiration for the actual design in the works.

This is pretty cool and I'd like to be a part of it. Next time I jump in the game, I'll take a look at the cars in that range and see what's cool.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

How about a Lancia Delta Integrale EVO?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Falken posted:

This is a thing that I can get behind.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

CaseFace McGee posted:

I was wondering what was going on - my connection's still spotty, much to my ISP's satisfaction, and I only got about a third of all conversation.

I hope someone else will take a bunch of pics from tonight's GTCC, as I don't have the photographic eye of someone like Jarf.

(click for big)

I was trying to connect, but it kept saying either I couldn't connect or the lobby was full. Was it really full? I want to believe.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

YF19pilot posted:

I was trying to connect, but it kept saying either I couldn't connect or the lobby was full. Was it really full? I want to believe.

From what I saw, we still had one spot open. I'm not sure if the lobby ever completely filled up - I'm pretty sure we maxed out at 15. I've been unable to connect for a few weeks in a row now due to packet loss and such - I just about shat myself when I fully connected to the lobby.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

YF19pilot posted:

We only ever had 15. :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Falken posted:

I like this idea. I completely wrecked shop in one in Forza 2 until I got my 941 (Porsche:smith:) and have been meaning to get one.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Falken posted:

Good choice. I don't think I've gotten one, yet.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, I spent some time today, and here's what I've done so far:

#1 of 82:

#2 of 82:

A loose interpretation of this car:

This is just one design, I've got at least two dozen more I'm going to try to put together for you all, and would appreciate any criticsm you may have (there are small things I tend to miss until I'm actually staring at a photo on my computer, i.e. a spot of green in the wrong place on car #2). While I'm not going to kill myself with this, I would like to make every car unique.

Also, if SAEG, AUGR, and GoonSpec have an 'official' plackard, feel free to send it to me so I add it into the design.

edit: would also appreciate awesome pictures of awesome cars for awesome inspiration (they don't have to be Deltas, either).

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 16, 2012

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

YF19pilot posted:

#1 of 82:

#2 of 82:

This is just one design, I've got at least two dozen more I'm going to try to put together for you all, and would appreciate any criticsm you may have (there are small things I tend to miss until I'm actually staring at a photo on my computer, i.e. a spot of green in the wrong place on car #2). While I'm not going to kill myself with this, I would like to make every car unique.

Also, if SAEG, AUGR, and GoonSpec have an 'official' plackard, feel free to send it to me so I add it into the design.

edit: would also appreciate awesome pictures of awesome cars for awesome inspiration (they don't have to be Deltas, either).

Those are excellent. Here I thought you meant you'd put one design on the 82, and it would be something of a limited edition YF19pilot car, but that's a seriously large amount of work to put in, and I am thoroughly impressed.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

TravBot posted:

Those are excellent. Here I thought you meant you'd put one design on the 82, and it would be something of a limited edition YF19pilot car, but that's a seriously large amount of work to put in, and I am thoroughly impressed.

That's the lazy way of doing it (but if everyone wants one design sure), plus I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to make one car that 82 people would all want (Sunday Crunch on the other hand...).

Granted, that Alpine paint job, you probably could come up with 82 different color combinations.

Also, for the obligatory Gulf livery, is there a specific H/S/B setting for the colors besides "blue" and "orange"?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

speedtek posted:

Welp, looks like my wheel has gone ahead and bought the farm. My life is over :(

I'd really like to use this as an excuse to get a Fanatec but that's reallllly not in the budget right now.

It's the MS Wireless Racing Wheel (the original), if anyone knows of a solution, dear god let me know.

http://youtu.be/AQ8xOl4eB7o (this isn't me, but this is the problem I'm having)

Never seen that type of malfunction before, have gone through about 5 of those WW's without encountering that particular 'feature'. My diagnosis based on this is: It's hosed.

On the plus side, I find the spastic driver-hands to be one of the funnier things in video games today.

On the super-plus side, now you can buy a Fanatec CSR XL bundle without any guilt. Wheel, shifter set, pedals.
http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=112&osCsid=df43d9dab07d33c0359970fb7db1f4a4

Un-plus side: :10bux: x 36

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YF19pilot posted:

Also, for the obligatory Gulf livery, is there a specific H/S/B setting for the colors besides "blue" and "orange"?

I don't know the specific H/S/B settings off hand but sticker dude I mentioned before "hazard2gnt" made this set and it seems pretty good. The site muted the colors a lot but in game it's pretty vivid

Edit: Whoops. Totally just noticed the god drat torq thrusts on there. :doh:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 17, 2012

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

speedtek posted:

Welp, looks like my wheel has gone ahead and bought the farm. My life is over :(

I'd really like to use this as an excuse to get a Fanatec but that's reallllly not in the budget right now.

It's the MS Wireless Racing Wheel (the original), if anyone knows of a solution, dear god let me know.

http://youtu.be/AQ8xOl4eB7o (this isn't me, but this is the problem I'm having)

I'm on my 3rd MS wheel, and haven't had that issue yet. But since they are out of production now, it seems you have two choices. A new (used) MS wheel, or a new Fanatec.

I'm going for the second option, once my tax return hits. That $360 offer is too good to pass up.

If the Fanatec isn't in the cards right now, find a game store that sells used stuff, but also has a good return policy. That's how I got my current MS wheel, which has actually lasted longer than the other two.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010
Sorry if these have come up already, but any gamepad users using the Kontrol Freek "Speed Freek" mods? I'm a fan of controller mods in general, and have been using the FPS freeks for awhile, but I didn't pick these up until yesterday.

After one playsession of use I can say that I like 'em quite a bit. I won't say they've made me a better racer, though...at least not yet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Has anyone been able to get a deal out of Fanatec on clubsport elite pedals now that the bundle is out for the elite pedals for cheaper than what I paid with the cheapo pedals?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

YF19pilot posted:

#1 of 82:

#2 of 82:

This is a pretty cool thing you're doing. If you need any more manufacturer decals or whatever I'd be happy to help.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Alright, I've dubbed this "Project 82" and did some more work tonight. Two more cars, but both of these are still "in progress".

Car 3 of 82, based on a racing Porsche with a simplistic design. I'm thinking this will be a one-off, no "sister" car, but part of a set based on the photo I found (there's like 20 Porsches racing through a chicane). Not sure I like where the "Project 82" is, and I'll probably move it to the hood like 4. Right now my inspiration is fizzled out for it, so I may just keep it simple and clean.

Car 4 of 82, based on a time attack car I came across somewhere. I already know what it's going to look like, at this point I just need to add the sponsor decals.

Anyways, if you see a design you like, feel free to say "hey! save that one for me!" or "Hey, I'd really like car 'x', but in this color."

Sunday Punch posted:

This is a pretty cool thing you're doing. If you need any more manufacturer decals or whatever I'd be happy to help.

I really appreciate it. I have a decent cache of secondary sponsors, but if I get into a rut, I'll be sure to let you know. Though, if you have a Fanatec decal, let me know, I'm thinking of doing a design with their logo, since their products are loved/loathed by this thread.

Also, imgur is being really goofy.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

My caaaar is an awesome car

Cute as heck fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 17, 2012

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I've gotten pissed with MW3 and grown tired of FPSs for now. So in that case, I will be hosting shitloads of racing every night if possible.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Now then, tuning an Integrale is a hassle. I managed to make a fastish RWD swapped one, but it was so goddamn tail happy that it was near undrivable. Original AWD ver is slow as hell. This will require some thought.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

YF19pilot posted:

I really appreciate it. I have a decent cache of secondary sponsors, but if I get into a rut, I'll be sure to let you know. Though, if you have a Fanatec decal, let me know, I'm thinking of doing a design with their logo, since their products are loved/loathed by this thread.

Also, imgur is being really goofy.

I just put one together. Tell me your GT and I'll send it over.

Cute as heck posted:

Indeed. When I get the DLC I think I'm going to do a Pikes Peak paint for it.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sunday Punch posted:

I just put one together. Tell me your GT and I'll send it over.

Oh, wow, thanks. Swedespeed740.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Here's a rally car Lancia Delta I saw in Nairn, Scotland. This thing has a bespoke engine, £16,000 6 speed sequential straight-cut gearbox, new dif, suspension, AP racing brakes, Motec panel etc etc etc... over £100,000 worth of kit inside this monster.

Punch, wanna have a crack?

Click for big!

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Cute as heck posted:

Did you seriously put Konig Afterburners on an S1?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

VERTiG0 posted:

Did you seriously put Konig Afterburners on an S1?

is this some sort of faux pas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cute as heck posted:

is this some sort of faux pas

you put ricer wheels on what is literaly one of the most famous rally cars, in the world....

plus the speedlines that it already had are awesome looking

• Locked thread