Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
A ROOO WOO WOO

Says Corwin.

Also, I am a majestic beast. In addition to being fierce.

My dog's face is always dirty. :(

Wonder Bra fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wonder Bra posted:

A ROOO WOO WOO

Says Corwin.

Also, I am a majestic beast. In addition to being fierce.

My dog's face is always dirty. :(

Wonder, I LOVE your pictures. You take such good pictures. It helps that you've got such a pretty Corgi! :3:

I suggested getting a Corgi to my mom, who refused. "They have midget legs. Normal dogs with midget legs!"

She has a thing about midgets, and won't get an adorable awesome Corgi. :mad:

Which brings me to my question: Do Corgi have lots of leg problems, generally?

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Bash Ironfist posted:

From all I've read, the legs aren't what you need to watch out for. It's the back. Their long spine means that you have to be much more careful when they're puppies about not letting them do a lot of jumping about from high surfaces. Most people even go so far as to disallow stairs until they're fully grown and developed (like us; no stairs for the Neige).

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

Bash Ironfist posted:

Josie has injured her right front leg twice in two years, and now we're giving her Duralactin based on our vet's suggestion. Our vet seems to think that soft tissue leg injuries are somewhat common in short legged dogs unfortunately. :smith:

Though it might be just something that Josie is prone to, as I haven't really known other corgis to have leg problems. As ButWhatIf said, I've heard back issues are more common.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

anachrodragon posted:

Josie has injured her right front leg twice in two years, and now we're giving her Duralactin based on our vet's suggestion. Our vet seems to think that soft tissue leg injuries are somewhat common in short legged dogs unfortunately. :smith:

Though it might be just something that Josie is prone to, as I haven't really known other corgis to have leg problems. As ButWhatIf said, I've heard back issues are more common.

Pepper had to have TPLO surgery, but she has bounced back from that like a champ. I don't know how she tore her ligament, but thankfully, it wasn't a bad tear. She's probably at 95% of her old speed, but she's also pretty young.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So there's one area in my GF's neighborhood where there's almost no traffic, so when she goes on runs with Butters she likes to take him off his leash. She did this the other day and he decided to jump in a nearby pond and swim/chase after geese for 15 minutes instead of running with her :3: I know those geese might have hosed him up but at the same time, what a strong brave bear!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 4, 2012

da anime bulldog
Sep 14, 2004

My idea of helping people.
Hello thread. Does anyone know of/have any experience with reputable breeders in the Philadelpha or South Jersey area?

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

da anime bulldog posted:

Hello thread. Does anyone know of/have any experience with reputable breeders in the Philadelpha or South Jersey area?

Do you want a cardi or pem? We live in the area but drove to Schenectady to get our cardi from big ears kennel. Bruce is a good guy.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.

C-Euro posted:

So there's one area in my GF's neighborhood where there's almost no traffic, so when she goes on runs with Butters she likes to take him off his leash. She did this the other day and he decided to jump in a nearby pond and swim/chase after geese for 15 minutes instead of running with her :3: I know those geese might have hosed him up but at the same time, what a strong brave bear!

There's a park 5 houses down the road from me with a little drainage creek that runs between the wooded conversation area of the park and the landscaped part. Usually I'll take Ace and we run in a big circle around the landscaped area but for the past few months if I let him offleash he beelines for the little creek and runs up and down in the water for a half hour or until he sees deer. If he sees any deer, he immediately runs back to me and sits down next to me.

Ace is weird.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Are any of the Western Washington corgi folks going to the meetup on Sunday at Magnuson Park? Neige and I are going to try to make it, and it would be super to get a big ol' corgoon group together! If not, definitely go to the annual Point Defiance walk; it's always at the end of May and always worth going to, if only for the scenery.

da anime bulldog
Sep 14, 2004

My idea of helping people.

Plus_Infinity posted:

Do you want a cardi or pem? We live in the area but drove to Schenectady to get our cardi from big ears kennel. Bruce is a good guy.

Pembroke. I'm trying to find a breeder that would be willing to introduce my partner to the breed - he's never met a corgi before and he has a great deal of hesitance towards anything that may bite him. I want to show him that there's nothing to be afraid of.

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Corgis were bred to be nippy. That's what they do to cattle when herding. You can train bite inhibition and redirection but a lot of corgis will always have the gut instinct to nip when overwhelmed or excited- more than many other breeds. Just because they're smallish and cute doesn't mean they're easy. If your boyfriend is scared of dogs I would spend a year volunteering at a shelter or something with him to make sure he's ok with them before getting a nippy puppy.

As an example, our puppy would bite at our ankles every time we took him outside until he was about 6 months old. He still nips sometimes when he's meeting a new exciting person and gets overwhelmed. And corgis have big teeth for their size!!

passchendaele
Dec 5, 2005

What have I done this time?

ButWhatIf posted:

Are any of the Western Washington corgi folks going to the meetup on Sunday at Magnuson Park? Neige and I are going to try to make it, and it would be super to get a big ol' corgoon group together! If not, definitely go to the annual Point Defiance walk; it's always at the end of May and always worth going to, if only for the scenery.

My husband and myself will be there with our year-old corgi, Tilly! I love these events. Though I've only been to a few in the last year, they always have nice people attend. I hope it doesn't rain (too hard).

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toC8AUmGdls

I threw a piece of broccoli to my dog while I was making lunch today (the clicking is from a Foreman grill, it goes away after a few seconds). It's so small that you can't really even see it in the video but he tried so hard to eat it. I tossed him a similarly small cooked one afterwards and he was running around with it and generally being more entertaining but I didn't record it. Corgi puppies. :allears:

Disclaimer: Yes, I am aware that broccoli is not good for dogs, this was a one time thing and I gave him very small pieces.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Pics from the corgi meetup! Neige had a really good time playing with all the other dogs.

Goin' for a paddle with a Lab, not so sure about this lake business.

Herd o' corgis!

You, uh, got any food up there?

Following the leader.

CHASING THE LEADER OMG

CHASING CHASING CHASING THIS IS THE BEST

Neige met her grandfather Truman!

She was less interested in this than I was.

EDIT: jesus christ tables

ButWhatIf fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 14, 2012

PlayStationGayStation
Jan 23, 2004

^________^
Hello Corgi thread!

I just got a new puppy two weeks ago, and he is all kinds of awesome (except for all the biting!).

His name is Kafka, and he's 9 weeks old in this pic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Well I was going to start this out as a troll and talk about how we got some pedigree corgi or something for 1500 bucks then watch some heads go *SPLODE* but eh, :effort: Anyhow, we have our second corgi now, Bentley! Wife's friend from work has a friend whose mom knows a breeder and got a puppy from that breeder. Mom decides the puppy is too much works gives it to wifes friend of a friend who already has too many dogs. Wifes friend from work ask Wife if she wants to take a look at him and maybe take him home.

Wife tells me that she's going to go look at him and asks me if I care if she brings him home. Nah, I figured I recently got something that was orange so why should I care if she gets something that was orange. She gets there, checks out the dog, and has him in the car coming home with her in roughly 10-15 minutes. Estimated age is right at 6 months. Anyhow, here's what I got myself that's orange...

Here's what my wife got herself that was orange.

My orange thing is named Adele. Wifes orange thing is named Bentley. Let's introduce some other players.

Kasey, our other corgi, she hates Bentley.

She loves the couch though.

Which maybe they'll find a bond because Bentley likes the couch too.

Another player, Mona Lisa. She absolutely hates Bentley right now. He even gets in her eye sight and she's growling and hissing at him. Then he starts yapping at her, she growls and hisses more, he yaps more, I come in and scold him and tell him to leave the cat alone. Rinse/repeat.

Let's introduce Buddy. Buddy I was worried about as he's never been around puppies before. Just older dogs that most of which were "Piss off kid I don't want to play with you". Buddy is about 8. Little bit of a rocky start with these two, mostly I think just figuring each other out with Buddy going "what the hell is this little thing???" at first. Buddy...

We've had a bit of toy aggression from both of them. Buddy with a new duck squeaky we just bought them, and Buddy with Bentleys bone when he can steal it away from him. Other toys are not a problem. Bentley on the other hand will raise his lip and growl at Buddy when Buddy gets close to or in his crate. He's been scolded for this and I believe that issue is going away. Also the new toys have been put up for now and all the old toys are fair game for both of them. We correct them whenever they are showing aggression at each other. So at first their relationship was tenuous.

Day 2, Bentley following buddy around the yard.

Day 3, nap time on the couch with Buddy on my feet and Bentley cuddling up front.

Wife has a thing that night with a work friend so it's just us. Kasey and Mona hiding in the back room. Buddy and Bentley hanging out in the living room with me. Mostly just watching TV and making sure Bentley doesn't chew on anything he's not supposed to as well as making sure Bentley and Buddy are getting along.

Annnnnnnnnnnd Let's get ready to RUMMMMBBBLLLLEEEE. Round 1 starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJiSYT3Ri0

After this it was get a drink, come back, go for round 2/3/4/5/6. About round 6 the Wife got home and said she didn't like them playing like that because it was rough. Guess she's never seen puppies play. Anyhow they took to the playing thing. They get going pretty hard core sometimes and you gotta have a time out. But mostly it's just tumble and wrestle then run around the house a little bit, then rinse repeat.

Recently we've gotten in to playing keep away. Buddy has a toy, Bentley wants that toy, so we find out that Bentley's "I want that" bark is a really really high pitched squeak bark. Also Buddy finds this to be a fun game. Last night he tore around the house with one of the tugable toys with Bentley tearing rear end around after him. I missed the video of that, but got their "discussion" about the toy later on.

In the video the toy is located on Buddies left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvMm1lqPTeA

So, that's about where we're at right now.

Lastly...

quote:

Welsh folklore says the corgi is the preferred mount of fairy warriors.[5] There is also a folk legend that says corgis were a gift from the woodland fairies, and that the breed's markings were left on its coat by fairy harnesses and saddles.[4] Corgis often have a marking, a white stripe, that runs from the nose, through the eyes, and up into the forehead, this marking is referred to as their blaze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Corgi

Which then led to this picture being made on a different forum I post on.

Those are the wings off the Honda motorcycle logo. Good times.

:cheers:

p.s. We got Bentley up to date on shots the second day we had him. He also had fleas and a staff infection which have both been treated as well. He is still in tact at this time but we'll be getting him fixed soon as we get back from our trip.

Silver fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 14, 2012

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
This is why I need all the corgi puppies

at my house

so they can play all day and argue with each other

all day

every day

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
So I landed a full-time gig where I get to work from home, spaced out with some travelling here and there in the world...which is great because now I'm closer to realizing my goal of getting a corgi!

I've made posts in this thread before with an ex's corgi, so I have experience in dealing with these little nuggets, but my main question is what to look for when I'm looking for a breeder? And not only that, but what to look for in a corgi itself?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I saw a Pembroke at a pet shop today! Normally I wouldn't be all this ecstatic to post about it, but there's a story here.

We've been trying to teach my roommate's son (he's 8) not to just randomly walk up to and pet strange dogs, and that when he is allowed to pet a dog, he shouldn't just stare at them and slowly inch forward (no idea why he does this, but as you can imagine it makes some dogs pretty nervous).
So after pretty much having to drag him away from every dog in the store ever, he happens to wander a little bit away and kneel down beside a very hi-strung, nervous corgi. Awwww crap.

Corgi looks at him, he stares, and the Pembroke loses his loving mind and barks and barks so loud that employees rush over to see what's up.
It's just my roommate's kid, traumatized.
"He BARKED at me. He's MEAN!"
"That's why you don't pet strange dogs."

Have not had a problem with that since. Thanks, random corgi, for teaching an 8 year old a valuable lesson about getting all up on other people's pets. :v:

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Ringo Star Get posted:

So I landed a full-time gig where I get to work from home, spaced out with some travelling here and there in the world...which is great because now I'm closer to realizing my goal of getting a corgi!

I've made posts in this thread before with an ex's corgi, so I have experience in dealing with these little nuggets, but my main question is what to look for when I'm looking for a breeder? And not only that, but what to look for in a corgi itself?

the main things to look out for with a breeder:
- listed on the AKC/ breed's national club website (not in a craiglist ad or paper or other advertisement)
- does health testing
- the sire and dam are both champion show dogs and/or have working titles
- only has a couple litters a year
- has a specific reason for breeding these particular dogs that isn't "i want puppies to sell"
- will let you meet the sire and dam and puppies at their home/kennel
- will answer any and all crazy first-time-dog-owner questions you may have, and will do checks to make sure you will be a responsible owner

as for what to look for in a corgi-- well, it really depends what YOU want. When I was looking for a dog, I wanted a medium sized dog who was intelligent and had energy and was tuned into me, but who also was able to be mellow during down-time. I decided to go for a cardigan corgi because they are generally a little less GOGOGO and neurotic than pembrokes, and I got a male because males in both cardigans and pembrokes tend to be a little more mellow than females (unlike most other breeds, where it's the opposite). We found a breeder who had show dogs but he also bred for temperament. we met all his dogs and they were very barky when we came up the driveway but instantly sweet and calm when he introduced us to them. You may want a dog to do serious competition agility or herding with, in which case you may want a corgi from a breeder who has agility titles, and you'll probably want a more intense personality as well.

we met the puppies at 5 weeks and picked them all up and held them and watched them interact with each other. some were already spoken for, and some were female, so we had a choice of a few males. one came right up to me and licked my hands, didn't struggle when i picked him up and held him, was right in the middle of the pack as far as energy levels, wasn't annoying his siblings too much OR staying in the back and shying away, and was confident when we put him down in the house to explore. I know some people do more extreme puppy testing when picking out a dog, so someone else may have more suggestions for you. It really depends what you are looking for.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
Corwin says HAY DOODS:

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Wonder Bra posted:

Corwin says HAY DOODS:

He is so handsome!

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
Thank you!!

Photo dump ahoy! These are from our trip to the Oregon Coast last weekend. Corwin and his friend Lucky the lab LOVED the beach. I was really surprised that Corwin actually went in the surf, but I guess he had to show his true and undying dedication to fetching the ball somehow.

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

If you are ever in PA please come take photos of my dog. You are so good!

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

ButWhatIf posted:

Pics from the corgi meetup! Neige had a really good time playing with all the other dogs.

CHASING CHASING CHASING THIS IS THE BEST

Is the dog chasing her named Milo? If so, that's Corwin's brother. It looks like him! Sad we missed the meetup!

Plus_Infinity posted:

If you are ever in PA please come take photos of my dog. You are so good!

Absolutely! I'm thinking of launching a pet photography business this year (in addition to my portrait/wedding business), so it's always nice to hear positive feedback. :3:

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Wonder Bra posted:

Is the dog chasing her named Milo? If so, that's Corwin's brother. It looks like him! Sad we missed the meetup!

I think it is! He's a gorgeous fluffy and I wanted to steal him so he could chase Neige all day every day. We're planning on attending the Farrell McWhirter Park meetup on March 11, too.

Wonder Bra posted:

Absolutely! I'm thinking of launching a pet photography business this year (in addition to my portrait/wedding business), so it's always nice to hear positive feedback. :3:

If you're ever near Tacoma, I might inquire after your services. I need a good photo of myself and Neige for my business site, and I'm lousy with the camera.

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

They're just a bunch of shapes. Don't read too deeply into it.
Loving all the latest pictures!

Here's Beanie:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Yay picture time.

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

We went to the dog park yesterday and Orbit wanted to chase and herd every dog there. Luckily there were a couple dogs who were happy to pretend to be farm animals. It's pretty much the only way he wants to play.

He's 10 months old now and some pretty funny quirks are becoming apparent:

- His favorite thing to do is to put his antler/hoof/other chewy thing on someone's foot and then chew it
- If there isn't a foot around he'll put it on your lap and chew it
- He's started offering "shake" when no one is asking for it, which is pretty adorable-- a little fat paw flapping around in the air like he's waving
- Our smoke alarm is super sensitive, so it goes off about once a week when I'm cooking. Whenever that happens he'll woo-woo along with it like he's a beagle
- From our kitchen you can see back through the field behind our house to our landlord's plant nursery- he loves to bark at anyone/ anything happening up there, which is a lot because it's an active business. I'm happier that he's playing watchdog to trucks and guys walking around up there than when we lived in an apartment building, but it's apparent that we likely won't be able to get him to ignore goings-on outside.
- He's finally learned to play with the cat on the cat's level- he'll softly paw at him and lick him instead of piling on him with all his weight. It's the cutest because he's soooo desperate to play!

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Plus_Infinity posted:

- His favorite thing to do is to put his antler/hoof/other chewy thing on someone's foot and then chew it
- If there isn't a foot around he'll put it on your lap and chew it

Ahaha, Nova does this too. Or she'll just shove it against your leg and chew it.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

Plus_Infinity posted:

Josie does this too, but she is sneaky, because she will start chewing your shoelaces. Also my favorite Josie quirk is the nose bump to your leg. See, we discouraged her from nipping heels, so she replaced it with nose bumping when she wants something or wants to try to herd you.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Hopkins's weirdest habit is when I pee: he stands there and stares up at me very seriously as I'm preparing to do my business, and then when I let loose he turns sharply and runs into the living room. :butt:

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
Someone please advise-- Corwin's had some stiffness in one of his front legs for some time, but it was so slight I thought I might be imagining it. Well, after running his face off and playing all day with Lucky at the beach, it developed into a full-blown limp on his front, right side. It seems to be his shoulder(?) and not paw-pad or foot related. We rested him (walks only, no running) for 4 days and he improved, though he seems stiff and a bit limpy after naps. Now, a few days into regular park-going, he is more limpy again.

Is it vet time, or should we just get some anti-inflammatories and rest him again? Do Corgis have congenital joint problems in their front rotators as well as their back hips? Or is this more likely a "sports injury" that might heal with time or be chronic? He doesn't seem too bothered by it, so that's good.

ButWhatIf posted:

I think it is! He's a gorgeous fluffy and I wanted to steal him so he could chase Neige all day every day. We're planning on attending the Farrell McWhirter Park meetup on March 11, too.

If you're ever near Tacoma, I might inquire after your services. I need a good photo of myself and Neige for my business site, and I'm lousy with the camera.

If it is Milo, he's not a fluffy-- Corwin's litter is "fluff free" but they all seem to have longer coats than most dogs I know. I wonder what's up with that?

I am definitely willing to head out to Tacoma to hang with you sometime. Business is really, really slow this year, and I am pretty much starved for social interaction anyway.

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
I'm not sure about your vet, but our vet is usually more than happy to answer general questions like this over the phone. The advice tends to usually be wait for a week, and see if it gets better. If not, bring them in for a check up.

It's possible he might have torn or pulled a muscle. I know some tears require surgery but have no clue how to tell the difference between the ones that do and the ones that don't.

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

ha, it's funny thinking of corgis around the country chewing antlers on people's foots :3:

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I'd restrict activity for at least a week and see if the stiffness goes away fully. If it doesn't, then I'd bring Corwin to the vet and have it checked out.

Bogwoppit
Feb 9, 2012

"Dirty little bin-goblin."
I just wanna say thanks to all of you posting photos and stories in here. I live in a rented house where I can't have a dog yet. I survive the tremendous sads vicariously through your pics. ;)

I didn't know Swedish Vallhunds were a breed until this year, but having read about them, I'm now making a move to sort out my life and talk to a UK breeder (that lives half an hour away). I really want to see if my life would suit one. She breeds once a year for good tempered dogs, so I would like to meet them, and maybe plan for 2013.

I would dearly like to rescue an adult or a mix, but my boyfriend is "uncomfortable" around dogs after being chased and bitten as a kid.
I'm hoping that with a puppy we could come to some understanding, or he could even like this dog. If he refuses, I can't go through with it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hey, guys, I need some advice regarding a new corgi in my house.

He's been a really great dog, but I don't quite know how to go about training him. I've checked out the training megathread, which has lots of good information, but he's not responding to many conventional techniques. He's not like any other dog I've ever been around, and I've raised quite a few of them in the past.

Rusty (the dog in question) also seems to see me as the alpha of the house. This is a problem, as he's my roommate's dog. My roomate is gone most of the time at work, and on top of this, he has a more submissive personality than I do.

I've read the OP, and I've noted that herding dogs need tasks to do around the house. Does anyone have any examples of tasks I could give him, or what kind of games are good to play with herders? Apparently tug isn't so good for them as puppies, as they go from tug to tear-the-poo poo-out-of-your-hands.

He's really sweet despite what I've said here. The problem is that I've never raised a herd-dog. All my dogs have been things like retrievers or other kinds of hunting dog. He's incredibly intelligent, but he seems to use his intelligence to break the rules we've set out for him!

Sorry about the long post, and if anything I've asked is posted elsewhere, please forgive me for missing it! I just really need help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

DicktheCat posted:

Hey, guys, I need some advice regarding a new corgi in my house.

He's been a really great dog, but I don't quite know how to go about training him. I've checked out the training megathread, which has lots of good information, but he's not responding to many conventional techniques. He's not like any other dog I've ever been around, and I've raised quite a few of them in the past.

Rusty (the dog in question) also seems to see me as the alpha of the house. This is a problem, as he's my roommate's dog. My roomate is gone most of the time at work, and on top of this, he has a more submissive personality than I do.

I've read the OP, and I've noted that herding dogs need tasks to do around the house. Does anyone have any examples of tasks I could give him, or what kind of games are good to play with herders? Apparently tug isn't so good for them as puppies, as they go from tug to tear-the-poo poo-out-of-your-hands.

He's really sweet despite what I've said here. The problem is that I've never raised a herd-dog. All my dogs have been things like retrievers or other kinds of hunting dog. He's incredibly intelligent, but he seems to use his intelligence to break the rules we've set out for him!

Sorry about the long post, and if anything I've asked is posted elsewhere, please forgive me for missing it! I just really need help!

Corgis love to problem-solve, so anything you can give him to keep his brain occupied (games/find-the-food or treat puzzles) will go over well in most cases. Our dog loves to chew and always has, so we give him lots of things to destroy and he stays away from things he's not supposed to.

Clicker training was super-effective with Corwin, because once he figured out that "click" meant "reward" and "correct," it was like a light went on in his head. Training him was a chance for him to use his brain and get treats, so it became very easy. To this day, the only thing that he hasn't learned well is how to NOT pull on his leash when he knows we're going to the park.

• Locked thread