Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Little Blue Couch posted:

Okay I just listened to this for the first time the other day. I started with the episode with Tig and Ronna and Bev, and I was having some serious difficulty keeping my composure in a crowded diner at eleven at night. "How often do you smoke weed?" "Just those two times" pretty much killed me, but there was a lot of good stuff. I really liked those characters.

Here are your next two episodes.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
Holy poo poo I had no idea Huell Howser is a real person.

Edit: Good lord Adomian has him nailed. The impression is nearly perfect.

pork minstral fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 21, 2012

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

pork minstral posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea Huell Howser is a real person.

Edit: Good lord Adomian has him nailed. The impression is nearly perfect.

I had no idea either, and I think I retroactively appreciate the Huell bits like twice as much after seeing a few clips of the actual guy.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Huell Howser is one of my favorite characters.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
"I feel like I'm in a room with Thomas, Bruce and Damien becuase we've got 3 generations of Waynes here." drat you Hot Saucerman, I love that you're such a gigantic nerd.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
"So, so...you're telling me that there are OTHER people out there named Huell Howser? Does he live in a place other than beautiful California? Did he get into another Large Hadron Collider accident again?"

My favorite part of CBB is that 90% of the "characters" aren't characters. Not that it's a bad thing, but I always thought it was kind of funny when people say something like, "My favorite Paul F. Tompkins character is Ice-T," as if Ice-T wasn't a person that exists in the real world.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

CaptBushido posted:

David Wain is NOT boring. (but he was in this episode and his family there didn't really serve any point)

That being said, eh, I have room in my heart for a sentimental thing like that every now and then. It's not gonna win much praise, but whatever, it was cute. The ongoing acronym creating bit was kinda funny.

I guess that is Adomian's hook as Busey, because he does that same bit on Sklarbro Coutnry.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Groucho Marxist posted:

I guess that is Adomian's hook as Busey, because he does that same bit on Sklarbro Coutnry.

That's a real thing that real Busey does though

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Riptor posted:

That's a real thing that real Busey does though

Ice T. doesn't really come up with unfortunately named get rich quick schemes.

edit: I'm dumb. The "though" at the end made me insert a "not" that wasn't there.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

From a while back but re: The Tim Heidecker episode

Groucho Marxist posted:

That episode was one huge reference to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWS6qyy7bw

I just listened to episode 3 yesterday and Greg Behrendt did the exact same bit, only actually funny and in 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

Ice T. doesn't really come up with unfortunately named get rich quick schemes.

I have it on good authority that Ice T really does cause Crib Death.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Man, CBB has been in a slump lately. Still, the rap battles always make me laugh like mad.

Mogambo posted:

My favorite part of CBB is that 90% of the "characters" aren't characters. Not that it's a bad thing, but I always thought it was kind of funny when people say something like, "My favorite Paul F. Tompkins character is Ice-T," as if Ice-T wasn't a person that exists in the real world.

It makes me nervous because those people will die -- will Paul stop doing them when that happens? Lithgow and A.L.W. are getting up there.

It probably makes me a bad person that the reason I dread the death of these people is that a comedian might stop impersonating them.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

dancehall posted:

Man, CBB has been in a slump lately. Still, the rap battles always make me laugh like mad.

It makes me nervous because those people will die -- will Paul stop doing them when that happens? Lithgow and A.L.W. are getting up there.

It probably makes me a bad person that the reason I dread the death of these people is that a comedian might stop impersonating them.

Cake Boss can talk to them with his Second Sight.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't know if there is a heaven for fictional versions of real people.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
His second sight includes fictional characters, which they, in some sense, are.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

If anyone still feels let down from last weeks CBB, worry not, because today's is freaking amazing.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I was cracking up on the train today at today's episode. It's awesome

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
The guest list is amazing and the episode lives up to the billing. I love everything Matt Besser does

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Man that was fantastic, best ep in a while.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
popcorn.com never works when I try to go there.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Bjork/Watts song was loving hilarious.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

If you haven't heard the first Bjork bit, it's one of the best in the history of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDIKsWmSKw

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I'm not gonna lie, I am suddenly hungry for BBQ because of the pulled Bjork sandwich.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don't think Cbb has been on a slump, but yeah today's episode is amazing. I am really curious to hear how ice marmaduke is doing.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

The Bjork/Watts song was loving hilarious.

It's so weird that they got actual Bjork to come in and do one of her songs.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

The guest list is amazing and the episode lives up to the billing. I love everything Matt Besser does

drat, putting this on right now. improv4humans has been kicking CBB's rear end lately.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Blackula69 posted:

If you haven't heard the first Bjork bit, it's one of the best in the history of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDIKsWmSKw

"That Iron Man is the only ironing your clothes have ever seen."

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

From a while back but re: The Tim Heidecker episode

I just listened to episode 3 yesterday and Greg Behrendt did the exact same bit, only actually funny and in 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes.

Matt Besser did a little bit of that too as Bjork in the one that was just linked, so it was done at least twice almost a hundred episodes before Heidecker did it.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I love how Matt Besser remembers A Wrinkle in Time with such minute detail that he can describe the ant on the string spacetime metaphor, and yet he was confused by the suggestion "tesseract" on improv4humans.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I turned it off as soon as the Bjork character came on because it was such a crappy impression compared to others I've heard (incl. Wynona Rider's) but I guess I'll go back and listen to the rest.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Holy poo poo are you serious

Impressions don't have to be (and shouldn't be) 100% accurate. It's called an impression for a reason - it's supposed to be a facsimile. And listen to the old Bjork thing I linked, you crazy person

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

There is a middle ground between 100% accurate and crappy. Besser's did not occupy it in my opinion. But I listened to the rest of the show and enjoyed it despite that.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Besser wasn't trying to be the actual Bjork. Bjork doesn't talk about farting into pussies and living in a literal land of ice with ice copies of american things, not sure if you are familiar with her.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Cast No Engine posted:

Besser wasn't trying to be the actual Bjork. Bjork doesn't talk about farting into pussies and living in a literal land of ice with ice copies of american things, not sure if you are familiar with her.

My life is a lie. Next you'll tell me the Cake Boss can't actually use the power of the second sight, talk to the dead, or turn into a cake wolf.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Cast No Engine posted:

SORRY I WAS WRONG THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A BAD IMPRESSION, EVERY IMPRESSION IS EQUALLY GOOD AND FUNNY

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

There are two classes of "impression"; one that primarily strives for accuracy, and one that primarily exists to provide a base layer for material that goes far beyond the person being impersonated. For example Frank Caliendo belongs to the first class, Besser to the second, and James Adomian to both (but still the 2nd more than the 1st).

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
Okay, yeah, real Huell makes me laugh at least as hard as the fake one. Example.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
There's a clip on YouTube somewhere of Huell at the California-Mexico border talking to a Border Patrol officer and constantly crossing back and forth across the border, and the officer just gives up on trying to get him to stay in America. Also towards the beginning while the BP guy is distracted by Huell some dude loving bolts across the border from Mexico.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I did not know Huell Howser was a real thing until right this second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

This is my favorite Huell clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0JZszqC7mk