Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Pop Culture quiz was a bit disappointing although it did give more insight into the strange variety of things Dave watches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRayPer posted:

The Pop Culture quiz was a bit disappointing although it did give more insight into the strange variety of things Dave watches.

It did make me laugh when out of the blue Dave is like "And now it's time to do the pop culture quiz"

... what? haha

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

Yeah, I was hoping there would be more than two questions. Oh well, maybe next time.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

MassRayPer posted:

I feel like Dave must have mentioned that he watches Jersey Shore before given how many of them have shown up some place or another, yet I was still really surprised.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I always assumed Dave was kind of at his wife's mercy when it came to non-wrestling/MMA television.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

sportsgenius86 posted:

I always assumed Dave was kind of at his wife's mercy when it came to non-wrestling/MMA television.

Except for Friends and Dallas, of course.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

And 90210.

j. fed
Nov 4, 2008

So don't expect the ten bell salute on Smackdown for Timothy Well; turns out he isn't dead. Makes Dave's obit earlier today a LOT funnier.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jeffersonlives posted:

The first time I heard him talk about Dallas I immediately pictured young Dave as Bill Haverchuk.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We were having a discussion about Taz in the Web thread, and what dave mentioned on the podcast is so true: People think that Taz is this amazing technical wrestler because Paul Heyman never put him in a position where he looked anything other than that.

And then Bryan goes "really? A good booker only books to people's strengths? Why is that so hard these days." :smug:

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
Vinny is a boss.

Vinny V posted:

At this point Bryan Alvarez, professional newsletter writer, asked if this was an elimination match or if first pinfall won. I swear to God this happened. Forget for a second that Truth had already been pinned and the match had not ended. The loving name of this show is ELIMINATION chamber. This was such a draw-dropping moment of unabashed stupidity that I couldn't even concentrate on the match. My boss is dumb.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Holy crap was that on The Board?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

njsykora posted:

Holy crap was that on The Board?

Newsletter. But really who read's bryan's thing anyway.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does DDP do anything but bullshit and talk about yoga? Or should I soldier on?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Ah OK. Vinny brought it up on the B&V show today as well. Bryan went into his justification spiel while Vinny constantly maintained that no matter what excuses he had, it was a stupid thing to say.

And I have not, and will not listen to the DDP show. I saw yoga as the first topic of discussion in the headline and promptly moved on.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

LordPants posted:

Does DDP do anything but bullshit and talk about yoga? Or should I soldier on?

DDP, sadly, doesn't talk too much about wrestling in his earlier interviews. I guess he's too busy educating you about the SECRET HIDDEN calories in diet soda.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

And now Shane Helms is on today, so this seems to be self-serving, self-important douchebag (motorcycle crash or not) week on F4W.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I think Bryan might actually be getting dumber as the years go by :(

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

GoutPatrol posted:

I might have to start, if you can promise me there's at least one instance of Vinny burying the poo poo out of him on every issue.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Borh posted:

I might have to start, if you can promise me there's at least one instance of Vinny burying the poo poo out of him on every issue.

He did it from time to time. I've never seen a burial on that level before, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I think Bryan might actually be getting dumber as the years go by :(

To be fair, he even admitted it was dumb and that his excuses were lame. And it was made up for by them trying to be sneaky so he could buy his wife a Cobra sock.

"Shhhh! Nobody tell Whitn- I almost emailed the link to her instead"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, he even admitted it was dumb and that his excuses were lame. And it was made up for by them trying to be sneaky so he could buy his wife a Cobra sock.

"Shhhh! Nobody tell Whitn- I almost emailed the link to her instead"

I just know as soon as he said that someone on the board immediately emailed her, if it wasn't Vinny himself.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't actually watch RAW, or the PPVs, but I love wrestling so I still subscribe.

The Observer posted:

They did a silly backstage segment. Hornswoggle was eating cheese because they were in Wisconsin. Natalya came out and farted. You know, cutting the cheese.

:what:

And that is one of the reasons why.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
I think in an attempt to one-up last year when we had the actual WrestleMania card leaked to us, Joe went crazy to predict this year's WM on this week's SWF. It sure was something.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

http://www.sixdrinksin.com/2012/02/18/six-drinks-in-does-wrestling-for-02-17-2012/

I forgot to post this last weekend, but once again a very drunk LividLiquid reviews Smackdown with a very sober Tendrilsfortwenty. If you ever plan on arguing with me on this here forum, here's a metric feces-tonne of ammunition for you to use.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dolph zigler was a guest on Art of Wrestling.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BAN DICKEYE posted:

Dolph Ziggler was a guest on Art of Wrestling.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Oh god...I remember Colt saying he did one but the recording was corrupted and unuseable. Can't quite believe he got another recording session this soon. drat this is going to be awesome.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That Dolph podcast is awesome. He has a great sense of humor.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

When colt played "I'm an rear end man" as his song of the day, I started laughing so hard I almost got in a car accident. That song is so loving hilarious, made even more funny that it was 1 of only 4 songs on zigglers workout iPod.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

njsykora posted:

Oh god...I remember Colt saying he did one but the recording was corrupted and unuseable. Can't quite believe he got another recording session this soon. drat this is going to be awesome.

He ended up getting someone to uncorrupt the file, the interview is the same one from last last year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Brilliant cat story on the new B&V show, how his cats haven't killed themselves yet I've no idea.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

njsykora posted:

Brilliant cat story on the new B&V show, how his cats haven't killed themselves yet I've no idea.

Well, one did die...

j. fed
Nov 4, 2008

Bryan on today's B&V:

"You know what we're going to do? gently caress wrestling!"

And in my mind flashes the idea, "Ultimate Surrender?" before he completes his thought. Turns out he was using the word gently caress as a verb instead of a noun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Was that before he went on about MMA Uncensored? If so I think we have the dirtsheets in a 30 second bubble.

gently caress wrestling, let's talk about MMA.

j. fed
Nov 4, 2008

It was about three quarters of the way in. Past MMA Uncensored and talking about Bigfoot hunting. He was about to go into the Impact review but then decided to reveal his master plan for ghost hunting.

I just went back and listened again; it got me for a second time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave's promo on the Observer Radio tonight was great. Really great.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

Dave's promo on the Observer Radio tonight was great. Really great.
I hope all those people hear that and feel ashamed of themselves...and that includes management.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I don't care how much you're dodging spoilers, Bryan's live Smackdown report on the new B&V show is essential listening. I cannot wait to see this show.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Oh dear, someone submitted the lovely cellphone video I took of the end of The Rock's after-Raw promo to WON/F4W. It's in yesterday's updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

I don't care how much you're dodging spoilers, Bryan's live Smackdown report on the new B&V show is essential listening. I cannot wait to see this show.
Kids are the best wrestling fans, indeed...

• Locked thread