Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

All it needs is a supercharged coyote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Elephanthead posted:

[img-macro-parrot-on-a-skateboard-saying-YES.jpg]

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

In my win-the-lottery dreams, there's a barn full of a fleet of crazy rear end poo poo, and that's right in the middle of it. That, and maybe that SRT4-swapped LeBaron that was for sale a while back.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Someone tell me these arent tattoos

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What a ridiculous pose.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Chipped a rim on a curb. Kind of wanting to get rid of the stock Brembo rims anyways, is there any reason to not pick these up:
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=05GT500MBWTPNT555

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Comrade Flynn posted:

Chipped a rim on a curb. Kind of wanting to get rid of the stock Brembo rims anyways, is there any reason to not pick these up:
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=05GT500MBWTPNT555

This websites slow as gently caress to checkout. Kind of lovely.

Im guessing shipping isnt free so add $100-$150 for the whole thing..

At that price i would rather have american muscle AMR wheels and ventus V12s

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-19x95-0512.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-19x85-0512.html

Theyre straight up knock offs of the $300 RTR wheel, its not like the RTR wheel is anything special though material wise, theyre $300 purely because of the name

Theres about one billion pictures of mustangs with rtr wheels on various forums, but i think its the best looking aftermarket wheel out there.

edit: also these are 18" wheels, which i think look weak on the new 5.0s. The cars simply too big for anything smaller than a 19" to look well proportioned. For reference your current brembo wheels are 19" as well

edit: ventus are about $1000 for a set of 4 staggered. whoooops

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 23, 2012

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

coolskillrex remix posted:

This websites slow as gently caress to checkout. Kind of lovely.

Im guessing shipping isnt free so add $100-$150 for the whole thing..

At that price i would rather have american muscle AMR wheels and ventus V12s

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-19x95-0512.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-19x85-0512.html

Theyre straight up knock offs of the $300 RTR wheel, its not like the RTR wheel is anything special though material wise, theyre $300 purely because of the name

Theres about one billion pictures of mustangs with rtr wheels on various forums, but i think its the best looking aftermarket wheel out there.

edit: also these are 18" wheels, which i think look weak on the new 5.0s. The cars simply too big for anything smaller than a 19" to look well proportioned. For reference your current brembo wheels are 19" as well

edit: ventus are about $1000 for a set of 4 staggered. whoooops

Yeah, I actually wanted to go with 18s because finding 19" tires is a huge pain in the rear end. The AMR wheels are definitely better looking, but I was hoping to get 10" wide in the rear.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Not sure what you mean by finding them. Finding local places with 19" tires? or tires dont come in R19"?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Not sure what you mean by finding them. Finding local places with 19" tires? or tires dont come in R19"?

Meaning it doesn't cost a fortune for a decent tire, which is what I've seen so far. Although these prices aren't bad for the 19" stuff.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Can you clear the Brembos with 18's?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

kronix posted:

Can you clear the Brembos with 18's?

Certain 18s, yes.

ssspy007
Aug 5, 2003
Does anyone know where I can find the rear interior quarter panel trim for a 1989 Mustang convertible? The piece of trim that attaches to this. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/ACC-8393QT-RGB/85-89-Mustang-Convertible-Quarter-Trim-Carpet-Regatta-Blue

I checked Latemodel Restoration, National Parts Depot, MPS, Prestige Mustang, and Mustangs Unlimited.

Mine is pretty yellowed and has a hole in the driver's side. I imagine it would be pretty difficult to re-skin it myself. I contacted a couple upholstery places around me but haven't heard back yet.

ssspy007 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 23, 2012

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ok, I think I'm going to order these wheels from American Muscle. Anyone have a code for them? Apparently they give 15% codes to members of Mustang sites with over 50 posts.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Comrade Flynn posted:

Ok, I think I'm going to order these wheels from American Muscle. Anyone have a code for them? Apparently they give 15% codes to members of Mustang sites with over 50 posts.

Where did you hear this? I hope its true but i severely doubt it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Where did you hear this? I hope its true but i severely doubt it.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/american-muscle-321/655187-discount-code-americanmuscle-read-me.html

I've seen it on a few other sites. I just haven't posted on any of them.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Comrade Flynn posted:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/american-muscle-321/655187-discount-code-americanmuscle-read-me.html

I've seen it on a few other sites. I just haven't posted on any of them.

Hmm, actually now i recall seeing this then forgot about it entirely. I ordered poo poo from american muscle without it :(

edit: what the poo poo, someone stole my username on svtperformance that i have NEVER had registered before me.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Hmm, actually now i recall seeing this then forgot about it entirely. I ordered poo poo from american muscle without it :(

edit: what the poo poo, someone stole my username on svtperformance that i have NEVER had registered before me.

drat. I really want a code now because it will save me like $200.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Im chipping away but holy gently caress this takes forever theres like a billion forums. Youre getting the 19" right.. right? :stare:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
You guys can use my modularford profile link if you want, but it probably won't do you any good as I regularly bash AM. :/

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

frozenphil posted:

You guys can use my modularford profile link if you want, but it probably won't do you any good as I regularly bash AM. :/

Well if you want to actually hit them where it hurts get the code then share it over PM to us :ninja:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Im chipping away but holy gently caress this takes forever theres like a billion forums. Youre getting the 19" right.. right? :stare:

18" because it's $400 cheaper for wider tires, the Brembos fit, and the wheels are lighter. I'm going to get the Steeda Springs, Koni Dampers, and GT500 strut mounts at the same time I think.

frozenphil posted:

Why do you bash them? Should I not order from them? If I should, you should whitewash your account!

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 24, 2012

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

Why do you bash them? Should I not order from them? If I should, you should whitewash your account!

I kinda led the crusade against them when no one wanted to say what shop was popping Coyote engines with their lovely tune. I have no problem with them as a retail shop and they give back to the community a ton. I'd have no issues shopping for parts through them, but I wouldn't order a tune or an engine from them. In your case, go for it.

At any rate, modularfords doesn't have a real administrator so their site is a nightmare crush of layout and design stupidity right now and I can't find the procedure to get the code.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

I kinda led the crusade against them when no one wanted to say what shop was popping Coyote engines with their lovely tune. I have no problem with them as a retail shop and they give back to the community a ton. I'd have no issues shopping for parts through them, but I wouldn't order a tune or an engine from them. In your case, go for it.

At any rate, modularfords doesn't have a real administrator so their site is a nightmare crush of layout and design stupidity right now and I can't find the procedure to get the code.

Oh poo poo, that was them? I heard about that fiasco.

I think you just PM the person that made this: http://www.modularfords.com/f199/am-discount-code-read-first-148121/

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

Oh poo poo, that was them? I heard about that fiasco.

I think you just PM the person that made this: http://www.modularfords.com/f199/am-discount-code-read-first-148121/

Alright, PMed him. They've probably forgotten about me as I haven't posted in several months.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

Alright, PMed him. They've probably forgotten about me as I haven't posted in several months.

Let me know, I think my cart of stuff is up to $2k :(

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

Let me know, I think my cart of stuff is up to $2k :(

I'll need some contact info for you since you don't have PMs.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

I'll need some contact info for you since you don't have PMs.

kpflynn (at) gmail.com

snuffles
Oct 7, 2007
I've got a 1998 remote entry module(the one that's in the trunk) that needs to be replaced, does anyone know if the 1999-2004 modules are compatible? The old remotes are nearly as much as the fobs + module for the newer ones.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

And now I'm $2000 poorer. Actually, not a bad deal for a full set of rims, tires, GT500 mounts, Konis, and Steedas.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

New Mustang commercial, I see some glowy headlight thingys that I haven't seen mentioned before. Are those standard across the models?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiyhXf_KVc0&hd=1

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
Still thinking about a new mustang. Can you get a spare fr the brembo wheels to fit in the trunk somehow? I really don't feel like fix-a-flat will help during a blowout situation or anything other than "my car lost some air over night".

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bumming Your Scene posted:

New Mustang commercial, I see some glowy headlight thingys that I haven't seen mentioned before. Are those standard across the models?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiyhXf_KVc0&hd=1

I don't get why Jalopnik called this ad creepy for having the girl's reflection be a lil devil suit.

I like how just after it transforms into the GT500, the rear passes over a bump and the car shimmies.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

kimbo305 posted:

I don't get why Jalopnik called this ad creepy for having the girl's reflection be a lil devil suit.

I like how just after it transforms into the GT500, the rear passes over a bump and the car shimmies.

Was Black Swan a really creepy movie? Maybe it's not a reference that plays well with the Mustang demographic.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

Was Black Swan a really creepy movie? Maybe it's not a reference that plays well with the Mustang demographic.

I don't have a problem with the little girl thinking of herself as Portman's character from Black Swan. It's just a gimmick. Nobody in the comments could get a response out of the author of the post.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I rather liked the fake-out pink flash before they rolled out the bad rear end black cobra.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
I have a 2012 premium package v6 with an interesting tail light problem.

Everything works except the low-intensity reds that run all the time when the headlights are on. The brake lights work, reverse light works, sequential turns work perfect. Does anyone know something quick I can check out before I have to try to schedule a dealership appointment on my lack of free time?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Check the fuses, a single bulb can have multiple circuits running to it.

edit: Just saw the web redemption for the kid who smashed the GT500 through the garage, stereotypically the interview involves the phrase "FAVE HUNNERT HORSEPOWER".

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 26, 2012

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Smog place gave me a $5 discount for having a good sounding car. Thanks, Roush catback!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

What is this tube? Is it just for piping engine noise into the cabin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TUHqntmm1Q