Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Badned confirmed that Forza 4 was talked about at the 360 Showcase yesterday. Couldn't say anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Cannot Find Server posted:

The 458 would look a lot better if the back of it wasn't so tragic to look at. The front and side are nice, but christ the rear sucks so bad.

You are insane. The rear is one of the best looking things about the car.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GreatGreen posted:

You are insane. The rear is one of the best looking things about the car.

The rear looks like the rear of the Enzo, which was also a very, very ugly car. I love Ferrari and I still think the back of the 458 is poo poo.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

The rear looks like the rear of the Enzo, which was also a very, very ugly car. I love Ferrari and I still think the back of the 458 is poo poo.

What is your opinion of the F50?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, an update! Some more cars done, and the following people are up:
Sunday Punch
Capt. Hair
Spamtheman ZA

Anyways, here's the new cars:

More Fanatec Cars! I had some space that needed fillin' so this is what I did:

Now for the "not-skittles" cars:

55 of 82 "2112". I had to brighten the exposure so you could actually see the plackard on the side, but otherwise it's hard to spot. I used one of those "special" colors - black with just a hind of blue so you can only see the numbers in the right light. Nice 'stealth' effect that doesn't break up the overall paint scheme.

56 of 82 "Service Master - 500 to Juan Edition". I think this is obvious by now.

57 of 82 "Marlboro Barcode Car" - it was a bit difficult to make the barcode "tasteful", as it doesn't quite work out as well as the Ferrari F1 car. But, I used the second Marlboro design from above as a base and made it work. The barcode on the hood is apparently "82" according to some "barcode translation" website.

58 of 82 "Total Rally". Based on a Citroen rally car. Simple, clean. I like it.

59 of 82 "Hugo Boss" One of those paint jobs that make you wish there were more than 1000 layers per side. Based on a Porsche 944 race car.

60 of 82 "Sir Not Appearing in this Project".... is currently MIA thanks to me screwing up gifting cars.

61 of 82 "Trice's Gay Cock Car". Sponsored by Mad Cocker's Mountain Oysters: Our Oysters are Nuts! This is a design that was specifically requested and is not available for picking.

62 of 82 "Art Car and by 'art' I mean I really wanted to get to this point and couldn't think of anything better than a bunch of random squares and circles, but I'll claim it's some inner soul searching commentary about capitalism and global warming and how you'll all eat this up a pay me $100,000 just so you don't appear to be some rube who doesn't get it, even though there isn't anything to get." I think that'll be the longest title for any given car. This car is RESERVED.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sunday Punch posted:

What is your opinion of the F50?

I like the F50 in spit of it's shortcomings, mostly because it was a very good car in Forza 3 and also sounds amazing.

It's no F40 or F355 or 288 GTO or 250 TR or 360, though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think bumper regulations are responsible for a lot of ugly car asses. They went into effect in the 70's and the tail ends of vehicles have been getting uglier ever since.

The new Challenger is easily the worst offender in years. See it from the front and you're all "hey that's decent looking, not great, but it's a nice homage". Then it passes you and you see the rear end and it's :barf: time.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What was the main complaint about the F50? Its vibrations because the engine block is bolted to the frame right behind you?

Man up and drive your race car, jesus christ...

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
The 8bit themed number plate came out pretty good, I think I'll make one where you can pick your own numbers.

A million credits is reasonable, right?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Brainstorm: Spec oval racing 1996 impala AUGR series. Stock (heavy) weight, stock wheels/tires, very high horsepower. Required nascar-style paintjobs. If enough of us have that DLC and want to do it ill come up with the car build sheet.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

xzzy posted:

I think bumper regulations are responsible for a lot of ugly car asses. They went into effect in the 70's and the tail ends of vehicles have been getting uglier ever since.

The new Challenger is easily the worst offender in years. See it from the front and you're all "hey that's decent looking, not great, but it's a nice homage". Then it passes you and you see the rear end and it's :barf: time.

I don't think it's bad at all. The Challenger's rear end looks like it belongs in the Louvre compared to the Malibu's.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Brainstorm: Spec oval racing 1996 impala AUGR series. Stock (heavy) weight, stock wheels/tires, very high horsepower. Required nascar-style paintjobs. If enough of us have that DLC and want to do it ill come up with the car build sheet.
This would be zero fun with stock tires and wheels.
Also, it's been like pulling teeth to get most GoonSpec folks to put a number (any number) on the side of their car regularly (and I'm just as guilty as any).
I think the likelihood that you're going to get more than a few people to paint up something creative and Nascar-y is pretty slim. (But again, I'd totally be one who would)

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Jabs posted:

GoonSPEC SEASON 2 RESULTS!

code:
Boaz MacPherson	240
TheCowboyJoe	225
Krautastic	170
Speedt3k	138
whatcubed3	116
Vertigo360	87
JabsTheGoon	83
Van330ci	82
Crow T Macbot	77
Aardmania	77
Matybara	70
Xander I Crews	66
MUTERUS9	53
unrollloops	46
DeathGibs	40
Racerx7707	31
fryskate	31
SAPopeOnARope	25
Kiba Stryker	24
Bentron	        24
Gathering Quill	23
AaronB LLJK	21
Rainwave	20
iamkitarouge	20
DefectiveLlama	19
Kaddion	        16
Necrotic Plague	10
ThreeAbboEskie	8
Eperitus	5
Boaz: Send me a PM or an email, please.

25? That's not bad at all. What's the breakdown?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

This is a good spec, but if I can offer a suggestion, it's to use drag tires. They aren't much shittier than sport tires, but the increased wear makes pit strategy a thing in longer races.

EDIT: I'd also relax the rule on stock rims because it rules out donks and the old B-Bodies take to donking like nobody's business.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 1, 2012

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Jabs posted:

This would be zero fun with stock tires and wheels.
Also, it's been like pulling teeth to get most GoonSpec folks to put a number (any number) on the side of their car regularly (and I'm just as guilty as any).
I think the likelihood that you're going to get more than a few people to paint up something creative and Nascar-y is pretty slim. (But again, I'd totally be one who would)

Numbers are easy. Just make a standard number board with a name and number (mine says "Crow 73"), then just add it onto the race car of the week.

I had big painting plans for my Starion (a rusted out Starsky and Hutch job), but due to a combination of work and laziness, it never happened. But my pre-made number boards only took 12.4 seconds to throw on. I timed it.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ANAmal.net posted:

This is a good spec, but if I can offer a suggestion, it's to use drag tires. They aren't much shittier than sport tires, but the increased wear makes pit strategy a thing in longer races.

EDIT: I'd also relax the rule on stock rims because it rules out donks and the old B-Bodies take to donking like nobody's business.

Spec donk: any chrome rim set to it's highest size, with the suspension as high as possible. (can race springs be set above stock settings?)

Drag tire wear rate sounds good too. Is anyone willing to help me make free paint jobs for people like they were doing for the lancias? Each car should be themed after some product, fake or real. (detergent, dog food, Rick santourum)

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 2, 2012

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
So bone stock Impala SS with drag tires but just insane horsepower figures?

I'll try this out tonight mattdizzle, if you're on later.

ALSO more people should come join #forzagoons on synIRC.

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 2, 2012

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

YF19pilot posted:

Awesome cars
Hey, just to say I finally accepted your friend request - been out of town and I ended up checking with one of the SAEGers as to who Swedespeed740 was as I get random oiks trying to add me from playing fifa

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Possibly stupid question.

Are any of the cars required for the Japanese Tuner speedway challenge actually present in the normal game?

I'm working through the single player races, and the only car I can find that meets the restrictions for that event is the Mugen Civic, which can't be upgraded anywhere near being competitive with the AI cars.

Are all of the other pre-tuned cars unicorns or something?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

azflyboy posted:

Are any of the cars required for the Japanese Tuner speedway challenge actually present in the normal game?

I'm working through the single player races, and the only car I can find that meets the restrictions for that event is the Mugen Civic, which can't be upgraded anywhere near being competitive with the AI cars.

What about the hyundai genisis thingy or the veloster one?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Scirocco Griffon posted:

:psyduck:

He'd be lucky to get $2,000 from parting out the good bits of it and dumping the rest at the nearest Pick 'N Pull.

Is this guy retarded?

moron posted:

Answering the questions honestly on KBB.com, this car rates as good. I'm selling it below the lowest FAIR value for Trade-in, not private party.

None of what he has said here is true. Does he not know how to read? Here is the first bullet point required to be considered fair on KBB (not good, just fair).

Kelly Blue Book posted:

Requires some mechanical repairs/servicing but is in reasonable running condition

His car does does not meet this with his previous statement of "Consider it non-running engine problem and in need of tow." Not to mention that fair price trade-in is $5093 not $5500. Maybe he thinks people don't bother to look at KBB if you just say what it's worth.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

azflyboy posted:

I'm afraid not and what you described is why I hated that race series. Seriously Turn 10 2/3 eligible cars are unicorns? That being said get the Civic to be competitive at B500 isn't really that hard either.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Submitted for your approval, the final build sheet:

"Spec Donk" oval racing series

Car 1996 Impala SS

Required mods:

1.Any chrome rim is allowed, 21'' size front and rear. Stock width.

2. Corvette ZR1 engine swap, converted to twin turbocharging, all RACE mods except for flywheel.

3. Drag tires. We will do races long enough to require at least one pit stop.

4. Must have paintjobs consistant with what many african-american gentlemen would consider fashionable for their car. I found "shiny dollar Billzzzz" on the storefront with minimal searching. Bonus points for food product themes.

:) It does 230mph

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 2, 2012

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

azflyboy posted:

The Rhys Millen Hyundai Genesis is eligible and it'll pretty much demolish everything without needing extra modifications, mainly because the AI doesn't understand how oval tracks work at all and stomps its brakes constantly when it doesn't need to.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

I like this - I can use my Impala from last night's Goonspec race, just gotta do some engine mods and more paint!

Also Jabs I was very excited to see that I was 4th in the standings, then noticed that I got 52 points for the Goonmons at Camino, a race that I didn't even participate in :(

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

PopeOnARope posted:

25? That's not bad at all. What's the breakdown?
Points breakdown?
It's a (slightly) modified BMWCCA Club Racing point system.
5 for showing up and taking the green.
10/7/5/4/3/2/1 for placing
1 bonus point for every car behind you that does not DNF.
5 or 10 (optional) bonus points for having the 'best' paint.
5 or 10 (optional) bonus points for having the 'gooniest' paint.

The paint points are there specifically to level the playing field between the super fast guys and the slow assed drivers.
Paint points aren't awarded to semi-regular podium finishers, nor are they awarded to designs that appear to have been purchased (which is why it's a good idea to put your name on the car someplace, it's a dead giveaway...).

speedtek posted:

I like this - I can use my Impala from last night's Goonspec race, just gotta do some engine mods and more paint!

Also Jabs I was very excited to see that I was 4th in the standings, then noticed that I got 52 points for the Goonmons at Camino, a race that I didn't even participate in :(

DAMMIT...Good catch. That's an artifact from my old (manual) scoring system. Some cells that week had leftover =sum() formulas left in them.
AFTER accounting for that (which is why I totally redid the spreadsheet for Season 3 so that it ONLY requires spelling y'all's name right)... here are the corrected standings.
(You're still in the top 5)

code:
Boaz MacPherson	240
TheCowboyJoe	225
Krautastic	170
Vertigo360	87
Speedt3k	86
JabsTheGoon	83
Van330ci	82
Crow T Macbot	77
Matybara	70
whatcubed3	69
Xander I Crews	66
MUTERUS9	53
DeathGibs	40
Aardmania	39
Racerx7707	31
unrollloops	26
SAPopeOnARope	25
Kiba Stryker	24
Bentron	        24
Gathering Quill	23
fryskate	22
AaronB LLJK	21
Rainwave	20
iamkitarouge	20
DefectiveLlama	19
Kaddion	        16
Necrotic Plague	10
ThreeAbboEskie	8
Eperitus	5

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 2, 2012

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
I'll grab the Total Rally car if that's OK, number 58 for me.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Jabs posted:

Points breakdown?

As in, where did mine come from :V.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Mother of god, when is this going down?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Submitted for your approval, the final build sheet:

Car 1996 Impala SS

Required mods:

1.Any chrome rim is allowed, 21'' size front and rear. Stock width.

2. Corvette ZR1 engine swap, converted to twin turbocharging, all RACE mods except for flywheel.

3. Drag tires. We will do races long enough to require at least one pit stop.

4. Must have paintjobs consistant with what many african-american gentlemen would consider fashionable for their car. I found "shiny dollar Billzzzz" on the storefront with minimal searching. Bonus points for food product themes.

:) It does 230mph
Don't forget stock suspension and brakes for extra hilarity!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAamvNiGdGs

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

PopeOnARope posted:

As in, where did mine come from :V.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArP2f_OjUNO6dFJWRkxrOGg4OHJxYWZTeExZTXVOVmc

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hey so I was in GISH around when the game came out and didn't really press the issue when it sort of died because I was planning to primarily play COD, but lo and behold this is still my favorite game ever and I just bought the season pass as a birthday present to me from me. Is AUGR full? My GT is Liquid Stuart

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pees With Boner posted:

Hey so I was in GISH around when the game came out and didn't really press the issue when it sort of died because I was planning to primarily play COD, but lo and behold this is still my favorite game ever and I just bought the season pass as a birthday present to me from me. Is AUGR full? My GT is Liquid Stuart

Come play with GTCC, you don't even need to be in the club, i'm not and I get in every week that I want to play.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Pees With Boner posted:

AUGR had around 60 last I checked, and most of them quite active.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Jabs posted:

and most of them quite active.

Except me, my XBOX is in storage until I find a new place to live :(

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Alright I sent a req to AUGR. I can't do GTCC cause I'm busy on Wednesday nights, it's mostly just for the rival times to compete against

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Fanatec might make good wheels, but they don't know how to make manuals for poo poo. The sheet of paper you get with the wheel stand sort of makes sense, and I got that built. But I have no idea what to do with the shifter adapter, or how to install it. And I have all these pieces that make no sense.

Does anyone know how to install the shifter adapter for the wheel stand?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm going to work on inverting the brake and clutch pedal on my new CSR Elite pedals. The stand is alright so far, it's just really wobbly no matter how much I tighten it. Which is a bit frustrating.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 3, 2012

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Make sure you have the bolt that goes into the cross piece at the bottom and secures the up-stem *exactly* lined up. It doesn't guide itself in very well, and unless you have it 100% perfect it will rock a bit. I had the same experience, as did one of my friends who got the stand a year later.

I still don't know how the shifter adapter works, mine sits on my computer desk because I could never figure it out.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Racing with some southerners (USA) tonight, had a slight incident: http://youtu.be/fbmKhuK17XA

Followed shortly by "OH MAH GAWD, THAT CAMARO!"

edit: I should point out that although I checked my sides I didn't see him till he hit. I also did concede the place to him when he caught up.

Rest of the night though I was given soooooooo much room to pass it was great!

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I love you so much, Captain Hair :golfclap:

• Locked thread