Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Huell uninvited wanders around a diner wanting to know everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImpGsMenmSs

And this is the border crossing one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBb2p8GHlnE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have always said that you are not a real Californian if you don't know Huell Howser.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

Gooch posted:

This is my favorite Huell clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0JZszqC7mk

"What in the WORLD is going ON?"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was listening to random episods and came upon one where with a coda regarding the suicide of Andrew Koenig (Jimmy Pardo's brother-in-law). He's so choked up talking about it, it was pretty heartbreaking.
at 65mins http://www.earwolf.com/episode/winter-olympic-fever-deux/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 5, 2012

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just saw the guests for today's episode (Paul F Tompkins, Greg Proops and James Adomian) and I can only imagine that this episode will be amazing

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Scott used my catchphrase on today's episode! :swoon:

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

Scott used my catchphrase on today's episode! :swoon:

I haven't even listened to it yet, but I'm already hoping you use the same twitter handle as forum name so that I get to hear Scott say "Today's catchphrase submission by... Grant Da-Nastee... OK!"

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

CaptBushido posted:

I haven't even listened to it yet, but I'm already hoping you use the same twitter handle as forum name so that I get to hear Scott say "Today's catchphrase submission by... Grant Da-Nastee... OK!"

I did, and Greg Proops said I sound like a heavy metal bassist. Coincidently I saw Greg Proops in Nashville Friday night.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

gently caress yeah, new episode of Cyber Thug Radio, even if it does cost $8. Not a podcast for everyone, but Jerry Minor is hilarious.

Jerry Minor Auto-tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B5ZYyVezQM

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Kodo posted:

gently caress yeah, new episode of Cyber Thug Radio, even if it does cost $8. Not a podcast for everyone, but Jerry Minor is hilarious.

Jerry Minor Auto-tune:

Let me be the first to say shorty shorty shorty, shorty shorty shorty, shorty shorty shorty

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Do you like money?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
PFT and ..Adomian? Please let this episode end with who I hope is going to end it oh please oh god :ohdear:

Edit: nevermind, no Huell showing up.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 5, 2012

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Blackula69 posted:

Do you like money?
Y... Yeah

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Kodo posted:

Jerry Minor Auto-tune:

Does this mean they've patched things up and Cyber Thug could take over CBB again? I hope so.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I have always said that you are not a real Californian if you don't know Huell Howser.

Here in BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE, CAliforNIA

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I just learned that Merrill Schindler is not a character made up by James Adomian. Hot drat.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Somebody please tell me that there's no real Don DeMillo, theatrical director.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I think it's just a pastiche of the creepiest stereotypes of directors, taken to the next level. I think Andy Daly's stuff is all original

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Am I alone in not being able to stand Greg Proops?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought he was the worst part of the Phantom Menace.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

No.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

Does this mean they've patched things up and Cyber Thug could take over CBB again? I hope so.

Scott Awkwardman keeps moving the studio and that's bullshit. Support the show, buy the episodes.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Scott just lets people talk over the "Would you rather?" theme song now without saying anything. He really needs to step it up before he completely loses control of the show.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I remember some people hyping his podcast back when the RDF forum was first getting started, but I thought it was pretty bad.

I'm curious about his gay tone and mannerisms. He's supposedly straight but I guess he's from San Francisco? Is that like when an American moves to Ireland for a few years and comes back with a brogue?

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm curious about his gay tone and mannerisms. He's supposedly straight but I guess he's from San Francisco? Is that like when an American moves to Ireland for a few years and comes back with a brogue?

Because everyone in San Francisco apparently speaks with a lisp?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Kodo posted:

Because everyone in San Francisco apparently speaks with a lisp?

No, of course not. Just the men.

Seriously though, Proops doesn't speak with a lisp.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Greg Proops is awesome.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

NotWearingPants posted:

Scott just lets people talk over the "Would you rather?" theme song now without saying anything. He really needs to step it up before he completely loses control of the show.

I remember some people hyping his podcast back when the RDF forum was first getting started, but I thought it was pretty bad.

Based on some recent podcasts of his, he was born and raised in the inland rural hellhole part of California. One anecdote in particular about how he worked as a pizza delivery boy/meth dealer was quite informative.

I happen to dig his comedy, but I can understand how he might not be everyone's cup of tea.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm sorry now that I added that to my post because I don't really care about Proops and I think people talking over the "Would you rather?" theme is a much more important issue.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm sorry now that I added that to my post because I don't really care about Proops and I think people talking over the "Would you rather?" theme is a much more important issue.

Agreed. The only proper vocal noises during that time are people singing along to it.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yes. Absolutely alone. Always and forever.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Well for what it's worth, during this episode I found myself wishing Proops wouldn't interject so much. I kept waiting for the inevitable Ice-T scheme-pun that didn't happen and I kind of wonder if Greg didn't accidentally block it.

That said, I do like some of his stand-up.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I like Greg Proops a lot, but in small doses. I thought he was fine today, and I think PFT just couldn't come up with a good pun in time

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder if Scott ever gets a little bummed inside when his guests have obviously never listed to the show.

edit: I know Proops was on once exactly 100 episodes ago, but he's never heard a would you rather.
ee: Even though for obvious reason he wouldn't give a poo poo, I also feel bad for Doug Benson when nobody he invites to DLM ever knows how to play his games. I gotta stop being uselessly empathetic towards comedy podcast hosts.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 6, 2012

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Love how Adomian has a streak going where he's on every other week. Hope they keep it up.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Even though for obvious reason he wouldn't give a poo poo, I also feel bad for Doug Benson when nobody he invites to DLM ever knows how to play his games.

A guest on DLM can be a repeat guest and still not even get the games. I'm not sure if he was just joking or not but Brody Stevens still didn't get build a title in his second appearance on the show in a week.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 6, 2012

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wonder if Scott ever gets a little bummed inside when his guests have obviously never listed to the show.

edit: I know Proops was on once exactly 100 episodes ago, but he's never heard a would you rather.
ee: Even though for obvious reason he wouldn't give a poo poo, I also feel bad for Doug Benson when nobody he invites to DLM ever knows how to play his games. I gotta stop being uselessly empathetic towards comedy podcast hosts.

It bugs me a little. I mean, you're stepping out on stage to perform for an audience of the show's fans. You're a comedian that I probably would never had hear of if it wasn't for podcast appearances. Listen to an episode beforehand, put in a little bit of effort to understand the show you're appearing on.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Trujillo posted:

Love how Adomian has a streak going where he's on every other week. Hope they keep it up.

If they alternate between Adomian and Besser every week, I would lose my poo poo.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Its always so :3: when PFT shows up on whatever podcast and has obviously listened to it, the hosts have such a happy, surprised reaction. Its otherwise a pretty lovely podcast, but his appearance on Totally Laime is a really good example of this.

nadabolt
May 17, 2009
The most :3: example of that on CBB is probably Bobby Moynihan. Hearing his earnest love for the show and getting psyched out anticipating a plane break is adorable. I can't wait for them to have him on again.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I recently discovered Comedy Bing Bong and it's hilarious. However listening to the old episodes is painful because they're so quiet compared to the ads. :tviv: <--LEGALZOOM

Bring out the girls.

But why did they give it such a terrible name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd guess it had to do with the TV show, like IFC not wanting DEATH in the title of show they'd advertise publicly (unlike the Death-Ray interstitials.)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 6, 2012